xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

I'm looking forward to the patch notes to see what bugs and glitches are fixed. They discussed some, but there are a lot of things that there was not time to discuss.

• Like 1

The thing about doing this for Jason, I think, is going to change the way players approach the game. They can't "add" any kind of perk system for Jason that would open up the door to combating the typical invincibility set most players are running, but, by shifting the power so heavily to him once enraged...it's going to encourage players to avoid triggering it. Which means avoid pummeling Jason all match.

Players aren't going to be constantly dropping you, having you furiously pounding E while you're watching all the damage you've dealt vanish with 1 of 6 heals they're going to be using. 

I think it's going to work out well. I really do. I know full and well this could all go to pot once the patch drops but it's probably the best way to disrupt the current bullshit. 

I would personally enjoy this game a lot more if in the early stage of a match I'm focusing on stopping objectives over dealing with a kill squad 1 minute in.

• Like 3

I missed most of the stream.

No stuns in rage.

No Tommy if you suicide.

A weapon arc that can hit multiple people. 

Anything else?

On 1/29/2019 at 9:26 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I missed most of the stream.

No stuns in rage.

No Tommy if you suicide.

A weapon arc that can hit multiple people. 

Anything else?

You can grab while having a flare in the face.

They fixed the pacanak roof.

I think that there is still stuff to do with the medic abuse but being not stunned in rage should be enough.

No mroe lucky stun while you need only one hit to finish the counsellor. That's great.

These are some good changes. I think the problem is even Jason though can block as many like to talk about. He's much slower when blocking and can't catch counselors, so this is why blocking doesn't help nearly as much as they just run away from him if he's blocking.

I do wish they addressed more of the early/mid game issues, especially on those awful small maps.

That said, on the surface, this is really only ONE CHANGE. It seems like they are too scared to make more than one really significant change. As it is, they basically shot down Jason knowing where the Tommy radio is except by sight, so we know that's not going to happen.

So Jason can't be stunned by melee in rage, but if he can still be stun locked until rage and he's still dealing with a mostly full lobby. Unless the sweater girl is dead or Tommy is dead or hasn't been called, he's still actually pretty vulnerable to death. So it remains to be seen if this balance change is as big as they talked about or merely small band aid against trolling and kill squads.

• Like 1

No suicide Tommy, that's awesome. Cowards can't be a hero. And all the changes to rage will help this become the experience it was at the start. Glad i've always gone for escape options. Looking forward to this patch, and to the new challenges. Good J players are gonna be beasts now, great ones will envoke nightmares.

The rage change won't have much effect on teams who are organized and typically work to complete objectives. It should negatively impact troll squads, though. I like it.

• Like 1

I think that they should change the dynamic of blocking too maybe by slowing down the counsellor attacking Jason.

New strategy: Don’t waste those shotguns. Save them for later in the game. Don’t make him enter rage faster than he has to. 

This is going to piss all of the right people off. I love it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Medic thick skin and hypochondriac. Collect med sprays and play the window game. Nothing changes...

On 1/29/2019 at 10:13 PM, CountYorgaVampir said:

New strategy: Don’t waste those shotguns. Save them for later in the game. Don’t make him enter rage faster than he has to. 

This is going to piss all of the right people off. I love it!

Tommy still spawns in with the only shotgun you'll need...

On 1/29/2019 at 10:13 PM, KenshiroHNK said:

I think that they should change the dynamic of blocking too maybe by slowing down the counsellor attacking Jason.

None of that will matter when Jason enters rage mode. Swing away Chad. Swing away...

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Medic thick skin and hypochondriac. Collect med sprays and play the window game. Nothing changes...

That’s the way I play. I generally suck at direct confrontation anyways, but I’ve become a fairly decent looper. 

18 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

The rage change won't have much effect on teams who are organized and typically work to complete objectives. It should negatively impact troll squads, though. I like it.

It won’t have much effect on people that start the car early or are expert drivers, but unless they save those shotguns, once he stops the car that’s all she wrote. 

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Except that one blow from behind will not stop you to give the final blow to the counsellor whom is running away this time. Once you start something while in rage you finish it.

And you will not be thrown down by a lucky swing while slashing at the same time. You will be hit and continue to smash the Vanessa/Chad to the death.

Trolls will cry.

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Tommy still spawns in with the only shotgun you'll need...

None of that will matter when Jason enters rage mode. Swing away Chad. Swing away...

I’ll be less afraid of Tommy now that people can’t suicide to come back as him. Plus, you can easily force him to waste that shot. 

The best part about the rage change is that you can't chump stun Jason when he rages through a door now. That was always annoying and penalized you for using a mechanic that's supposed to be advantageous for you. 

• Like 1

So quick block isn't fixed. The grab is still garbage. And probably the most requested thing of all, the ability to contest the Tommy call has been shot down. It really feels like they just don't listen. Instead of adding something to reward skilled Jason players they add a  system where after they beat on you long enough we'll make them stop. Honestly the more I think about this patch the more disappointed I am.

• Like 1

I’m interested in how they adjusted the swing. As far as I can tell he already had the ability to hit more than one person at a time. See this clip about 3 minutes in:

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

So quick block isn't fixed. The grab is still garbage. And probably the most requested thing of all, the ability to contest the Tommy call has been shot down. It really feels like they just don't listen. Instead of adding something to reward skilled Jason players they add a  system where after they beat on you long enough we'll make them stop. Honestly the more I think about this patch the more disappointed I am.

Maybe they will fix that later ?

I think that the buff on rage is a good thing.

It's clear that the Quick Block, the Grab and Tommy Call should be the next priorities.

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’ll be less afraid of Tommy now that people can’t suicide to come back as him. Plus, you can easily force him to waste that shot. 

I'm already working on my strategy. It's looking good on paper so far...

2 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

Except that one blow from behind will not stop you to give the final blow to the counsellor whom is running away this time. Once you start something while in rage you finish it.

And you will not be thrown down by a lucky swing while slashing at the same time. You will be hit and continue to smash the Vanessa/Chad to the death.

Trolls will cry.

He's still going to have to catch you. Everyone will run Vanessa and Chad

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

And no meat shielding. And I'm not sure they've really fixed the roof glitch. Sad day.

2 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

The best part about the rage change is that you can't chump stun Jason when he rages through a door now. That was always annoying and penalized you for using a mechanic that's supposed to be advantageous for you. 

Now any idiot can go 8/8 as long as he can control objectives until rage mode...

Forcibly withdrawing players who suicide from playing as Tommy is a great idea, but where does this change actually leave Mr Jarvis now?

Once players start to realise that Jason gets near stun immunity when enraged I can see lots, and lots more Tommy players making a break for the nearest exit.

You won’t be able to stun him while he is in rage, but can hitting him still cause him to drop somebody he has grabbed? I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

4 minutes ago, Bremen said:

Forcibly withdrawing players who suicide from playing as Tommy is a great idea, but where does this change actually leave Mr Jarvis now?

Once players start to realise that Jason gets near stun immunity when enraged I can see lots, and lots more Tommy players making a break for the nearest exit.

Tommy and his shotgun+sweater girl=dead Jason. Nothing has changed for a couple players with some balls. 

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

You won’t be able to stun him while he is in rage, but can hitting him still cause him to drop somebody he has grabbed? I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

He still drops them. He's just not stunned. I see a lot of slasher Jason's in the near future.

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Tommy and his shotgun+sweater girl=dead Jason. Nothing has changed for a couple players with some balls. 

He still drops them. He's just not stunned. I see a lot of slasher Jason's in the near future.

Tommy can’t kill Jason with the shotgun. Tommy still needs an ax or machete. I’m assuming that what they mean is that while the sweater is activated that is the only time you can stun him to his knees with a bat or pipe. 

8 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Tommy can’t kill Jason with the shotgun. Tommy still needs an ax or machete. I’m assuming that what they mean is that while the sweater is activated that is the only time you can stun him to his knees with a bat or pipe. 

Thought they said a shotgun is the only thing that will drop him to his knees. But hell if you can still use Tommy's axe then litterally nothing has changed...

My problem is the fact that in the films Jason was constantly the embodiment of rage. It didnt take 10 mins or however long they are claiming. It has always been far to easy to stun Jason. He is an unstoppable killing machine from which there is virtually no escape. Take out the kil entirely and force counselors to complete the adjectives to get away. M.J.A. Make Jason great Again

• Thanks 1