xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

13 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Wanna know why the game is always hell for Jason? Because with items being obsolete there’s no incentive to play Eric or Deborah. Stealth play being absolutely useless, and them not being able to do anything when they get caught with spam sense. So they play Chad and Vanessa the bigger issues of Jason, and now with this patch, the obsolete counselors are even more obsolete. If stealth play actually worked and was more popular, then 7 teams of Chads and Vanessa’s wouldn’t exist.  

How have you come to the conclusion that 69% of the counselors are useless? There are certainly stronger counselors then others. Especially depending on your goals. That hardly makes them useless.

Also you're joking right? I see Deborah all the time. Lachappa not nearly as much. But he never go nearly as much love as Debbie.

22 hours ago, Kodiak said:

No need to get so personal. Your opinion isn't the only 'right' one.

Never said it was. But my opinion isn’t biased.

On 2/5/2019 at 1:20 PM, HuDawg said:

How about we just remove counselors.. That way Jason can finally skinny dip in peace.

Jason main?  My preference has been set to random/random/random for over a year and half.  I don't main anything.

Please, you’re biased. Don’t act like you aren’t either. You want every tool removed that benefits counselors. Like how you learned hitting Jason grants stamina, then you advocated for the removal of it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Please, you’re biased. Don’t act like you aren’t either. You want every tool removed that benefits counselors. Like how you learned hitting Jason grants stamina, then you advocated for the removal of it. 

I never said im not biased toward Jason.. Its his game. 

But I sure as hell never said I want to remove every tool that benefits counselors.   

Counselors should be focused on avoiding Jason not fighting Jason.    And I still think hitting Jason to gain stamina is pretty lame.  Id rather counselors have a bigger stamina pool.

You on the other hand have a huge counselor bias. Like you don't understand that this is a F13th game.

Sorry but Tiffany isn't the reason why people buy this game.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

maybe its not right topic to post this, but i wish that those Beyond streams were archived on some youtube channel. yesterday i was playing f13 and didnt have time to watch stream but today i wanted to look it up and couldnt find it. some guy recorded first one but this time i seems no one recorded new one.

35 minutes ago, Vigorowicz said:

maybe its not right topic to post this, but i wish that those Beyond streams were archived on some youtube channel. yesterday i was playing f13 and didnt have time to watch stream but today i wanted to look it up and couldnt find it. some guy recorded first one but this time i seems no one recorded new one.

@mattshotcha, this is a good suggestion, not sure if you saw it.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Vigorowicz said:

You can still watch it on twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/375684803?filter=archives&sort=time

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@mattshotcha, this is a good suggestion, not sure if you saw it.

16 minutes ago, makred78 said:

They exist on Twitch as past broadcasts, but we can look into the idea of uploading them to YouTube as well, in a playlist of all Beyond, playlist of Tales, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well...

At least the latest stream acknowledged that they basically screwed up Jason with almost every update since launch and Wes finally admitted that it wasn't the right call and he FINALLY saw some kind of change was needed. He finally uttered the words. Admitting a mistake is a big thing.

The problem?

Its still only a late game change and its over a year and change later. Why does Jason get stalk at the end? He did most of his silent kills in the early/mid sections of the movies. He wasn't hiding around corners with Ginny, Chris, Trish, Tina, etc. He was coming straight at them. Of course, they'll just fall back on 'game design' as the reason why Jason will never be able to change the loadout of his powers at the beginning of the match. So we all know that kind of change is never going to happen. We all know things like grip strength and other stats will never be reworked to be more meaningful for Jason.

There was a lot of talk in the stream about buffing/changing counselor traps, but why not Jason's traps? He can't pick his traps up, he can't use them again, etc. That's such a basic change for Jason, yet 'game design' is im sure the default excuse as to why that will never change, yet for counselor its open for discussion. At least they seem open to changing up the fuse/phone spawn locations...probably six months down the road.

Now...you might think im just simply in favor of Jason buffs/changes, but that's not the case.

A simple nerf to Jason would be simply preventing him from toggling sense. That would go a long way to making sense related perks/stealth more useful. Again, a simple change that could help benefit late game stealth/repair gameplay. There definitely needs to be more incentive to want to play as non fast counselors whose only skillset is staying away from Jason and even then, those counselors could use some tweaking. The whole stat pool/the uses need a total rehaul. When half or more of the stats feels useless, its a problem, for both sides.

But yet again, here we are and it seems they can only push out a handful of changes at a time (and only for one side) and then let it 'marinate' for six months to a year.

Its too slow and it smells of limited playtesting. I'm not saying things shouldn't be played through for a period of time. However this whole only working on one side of gameplay and then letting the other linger for half a year or more is too frustrating for the playerbase and its showing in a thread like this.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

They exist on Twitch as past broadcasts, but we can look into the idea of uploading them to YouTube as well, in a playlist of all Beyond, playlist of Tales, etc.

Thanks, posting them here might be nice too if you’re going to post them up... I’d certainly appreciate it.

28 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

The stealth game and succeeding at taking objectives should be more rewarded.

There should be stealth messages that appear on the screen as soon as someone achieves a goal like for example

"Slasher_Clone put the gas",

"KenshiroHNK has repaired the phone box"

We know who did what and who is deserving to survive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mayday said:

There should be stealth messages that appear on the screen as soon as someone achieves a goal like for example

Honestly, that is a fun idea. This would help people without mics figure out who to work with and/or try to get in the car. 

Even some people I play with in groups dont exactly communicate everything going on so it would be nice to have some indication. 

Not to mention all the time someone fixes everything in a car by themselves, you know who deserves it. 

I know this change will never be implemented, but its a cool idea imo.

I can see arguments that it takes you out of the immersion of the atmosphere though. 

@tyrant666 I am with you on most of your post. However on the opposite side of the spectrum on toggling Sense. Instead I think Stalk should be a toggle as well. After all, whats the point of having stalk still going if you are hitting a door. I have made that same comment for over a year and others have agreed. Its a quick fix that affects a lot of gameplay.

I also think it should be player'a choice where they want Sense and Stalk. Morph and Shift are perfect where they are, but having the choice to switch them would be cool.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mayday said:

There should be more ways to hide from Jason.

EDIT:

I think that somehow there should be a way for stealthy characters not to be punished when, for example, an AJ Mason is hiding and Vanessa makes a lot of noise near her, attracting Jason...

There should be a perk or something so the stealthy player isn't betrayed by his comrades.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:34 AM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

What you mean to say are lvl 150's that backed the game from the beginning. You know, the ones who put up the money to create the game you want them to leave. If ever there was a troll comment, this is the one.

As a level 150 backer, I approve of the current state of the game more than the guys trolling Jason the whole time. 

On 1/31/2019 at 1:38 PM, Jen901 said:

"having the upper hand" only applied to Jasons who were not good or new. It limits the skill involved as being Jason. It makes it easy to win as Jason. If you are good as Jason you will ALWAYS WIN.

"Use those hits wisely" does NOT apply anymore with the update. Jason will just keep coming and coming. weapons will break ridiculously fast. Jason does not have to be good he just has to keep coming and coming and he will win. good Jasons place traps and throw knives and shift grab and shift slash and counter slash and counter grab. You already limited meds and pocket knives. 

Anyone who defends the update is trying to defend it by saying that it is "harder' to win now and its still possible to win as a counselor. 

You all are wrong.

anyone who isnt a noob and playing as Jason WILL ALWAYS WIN. believe me. very good Jasons are not going to lose. even just somewhat decent Jasons will win. the relentless dumb ones are ALWAYS going to win

even if killing Jason is an intent so what? its a game not a movie.

A Jason talks shit on mic. He doesn't deserve to die?

A Jason is a teamer who helps his buddy win. He doesnt deserve to die?

then that Jason was crap. experienced Jasons will win easy no matter what trust me

wrong. It can't  be adjusted to. Have fun killing crap noob players who only bought the game when it was given away for FREE

There is so much wrong and foolishness here that I'm not gonna bother to disprove. It's like when you're picking mushrooms off of a pizza. Too many and you just say fuck it, and toss the pizza in the trash where it belongs. 

On 1/31/2019 at 2:02 PM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Waiting on the other side of a door or around a corner isn't a cheap tactic. It's a valid defense strategy, and it takes both Jason and Counselor skill to navigate because it creates a moment of confrontation. You said it yourself, you devised a tactic to deal with it. Even with a tactic, I still get and receive surprise hits. That IS multiplayer. The other comment is to rush to get all the objectives done in 10 minutes. Well, it does happen quite often. The point is, however, if everything needs to be done and players escaped within 10 minutes, then just end the game at 10 minutes. The last part of the game should not be a sloppy bucket clean up. It should be the last two or three counselors fighting for their lives or win, whatever. If that means running house to house. Fine. If that means melee fighting, fine. It should be up to the surviving counselors at that point. Jason should have gotten rid of them. He shouldn't get rewarded with invulnerability for being sloppy the entire game.

It's a good tactic. I love being Jason, using sense and grabbing as I round that corner, catching up the beatstick before I get stunned.

The game ends when the counselors or Jason is out of play, or after 20 minutes. Jason shouldn't be stunned and thwarted for 10 and then the game ends. He gets his shot. As far as cleanup, that is often what the endgame is. Can't get the phone fixed, the car(s) are off the map or out of play. It's a slim hope to outlast. 

As far as being awarded for being sloppy, it's not that at all. Rage is Jason getting a boost because the counselors are too sloppy to get out alive. Jason being invulnerable is because too many people thought it would be fun to stun Jason time and time again for the lol's. 

On 1/31/2019 at 2:18 PM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

It's nice to see that we still have rainbow, glitter blood in Pinehurst's main cabin and purple, glitter, Savini Jason and every other texture mix up Jason still in the game. None of that breaks the feel of the game.

Hm. So since we're not getting our way we're just gonna bitch to bitch?

On 1/31/2019 at 2:48 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Wait so let me get this straight something that happens in the second half of the map is preventing you from doing the exact same thing you did before at the start of the map? I don’t think that’s how time works. If this is your strategy for looping the last half, rather than for escaping the main house at the beginning, I don’t feel bad at all the patch has limited its effectiveness. Pinehurst has about a dozen good spots to lose or sneak by Jason without needing to stun him. Try crouching in the kitchen loop, or opening every door but one on the top floor when Jason goes in one room (normally the closed one) you just slip out behind him. 

The rest of your statement is wishful thinking or delusional, weapons are for freeing people in the late game. They don’t disappear and they do serve a purpose.

Agreed. 

On 1/31/2019 at 2:56 PM, SirMang said:

Agree in theory, doesn't work in reality.

Say you're AJ and you're with a Vanessa who has a bat.  The two of you are sauntering down the main road in unison for protection purposes to get to the cops.  I obviously have Rage, it's late game.  I grab you, Vanessa hits me and I drop you and shrug the bat off.  I just grab you again, we repeat that bat process and I drop you.  I grab you right away again...you see where I'm going with this.  

At the end of it you're dead as Vanessa's bat is now broken and I just shift grab and kill Vanessa who now has no weapon. 

The thing is that a counselor can run to the side and thwart those grab attempts. Jason's revised grab makes it a bit easier to not be caught up again.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:22 PM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I'm cutting and pasting this from Cerberus369616 on reddit because it's a great idea and would have taken care of ganging up on Jason and left combat alone. Literally, a Jason player could induce rage for a limited time once or twice a match to mitigate gang raping him. Anyway, I think it's an interesting idea.

I think "nerfing Rage" would be best, and Maybe not flares since I think refocusing them on their original power of marking jason is good but Fireworks for sure should stun in rage still. Shotgun shells as a skill or findable item would be good too.

Other Rage "nerfs" that could work are making it a useable power, one use. It fills up the same but instead of just activating and staying on make it so Jason chooses when he pops it so he can still leverage it unlike it being semi random but it only lasts for 1-2 minutes and then he loses it for the rest of the match. or maybe he can build it up multiple times but it only lasts 30 seconds. It would add some good mind games for counselors who like to fight. If you've been beating on him for awhile is it worth it to engage cause he might pop his rage and end you. Even something as simple as a 30% nerf to rage build up so he gets it around 11-14 rather than the 8-10 minute range would work.

It would kinda be pretty cool if you were in combat with Jason, and then all of the sudden the red mask and laugh pops up, and you know you better get out of there.

Rage for a limited time, or a one use dealie, eh? So trolls won't just run until it runs out then proceed to troll? Right. Terrible idea. 

On 1/31/2019 at 9:35 PM, Bonker2468 said:

WADR, I think a lot of veterans of the game forget that not everyone has put in as much time on it as you. The overwhelming majority of people who play this game, even those who have been at it a while, are average to above average. They haven't memorized every map layout and spawn location, had enough reps driving the car to drive it like Speed Racer on a cocaine bender, haven't watched hours of YouTube videos for points, and are OK at some parts of the game and not at others.

Twelve minutes is a long damn time to try and loop Jason with dwindling resources, without making a mistake that gets you killed. If you've reached a skill level where you can do that consistently, congratulations. You're awesome. Just remember that most people can't, and probably never will.

This goes for both sides of the mask. Lots of Jason's simply can't compete with high end counselors, if those counselors want to troll or "fight" Jason.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I don't disrespect  Jason and I'm very aware of the importance of Jason in a game, I'm very grateful to Jason players, so your affirmation doesn't have foundation. 

I disagree. The theme of the game is to emulate the horror movies. Fighting back like you're Batman doesn't evoke that feel. Trolling Jason by going after him isn't respecting his ability. Thankfully this patch forces you to respect him or die. 

On 2/1/2019 at 4:11 PM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Yup. Bitch Jasons who need invulnerability get their masks shit on and their mom's head tea-bagged because that's what they deserve. I guess combat really is completely unnecessary, and now we can play just as the devs intended... running around in circles in the main cabins and tea-bagging Jason's mask. 

And here is the point where I decided you were a troll, part of the problem and I'm almost hoping that the invulnerability isn't reigned in because you've proven yourself to be a troll who deserves all the post rage shit he gets. 

On 2/4/2019 at 11:43 AM, Big Daddy J said:

OK, so I finally got a chance to sit down and play the game on Friday. For the first time in months, I set my preference to "Jason". Hit quick play and away I went. In a lucky twist I got to be Jason in my first match. Match went same as always  at first. Then the hunting started. It was pretty obvious these players wanted to kill. Normally, at this point I would take some precautions. But I decided to let them wail on me for a bit. Then I hit rage. The party was over.

Oh, the joy in their confusion. Their desire to relentlessly beat on Jason gave way to confusion and terror when suddenly it didn't work anymore.  I went on to slaughter them all. If they had just worked on the objectives instead of trying to fight me, some of them would have likely been able to escape. But no.

The next game I played I was a counselor. And you know what? It was freaking GREAT. Jason found me early, since I spawned in the vicinity of the fuse house. A month ago, I probably would have given him a good smack with my bat. But you know what? I didn't want to. I was SCARED to. I knew that would put him one step closer to his rage. So I ran instead. Just like it is supposed to be. I ended up escaping that match in the two door with another survivor. I've survived about half of my counselor matches since the patch. If you play smart and get things done, you can still make it as well as ever. Anyone saying otherwise is either terrible as a counselor or just lying.

All in all, fantastic patch. Well done Gun. Jason is a threat again, just as he should be.

I can get behind this.  

10 hours ago, HuDawg said:

You know, I truly think there is a small population that did, based on some of the whining I've seen on the forums in the last few years. That thinking is misguided at any rate.

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Even some people I play with in groups dont exactly communicate everything going on so it would be nice to have some indication. 

This drives me nuts. 

Me: I'm gonna fix this. Let me know when Jason leaves you.

Boom! Jason almost grabs me and I heard nothing from my teammate. Like really, you can't let me know when you can't hear him anymore? You can't have too much communication provided it's pertinent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

That would be great as there are some people that don't frequent Twitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

You can't have too much communication provided it's pertinent. 

Not quoting the whole thing but it was refreshing to read. Thanks for the inclusion, I’ll admit to wondering how I ended up in that grouping until I got to my quote, then I laughed. 

10 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Really enjoying the Beyond streams! Love the back and forth and Q&A with you guys can’t wait for next week! And I will definitely check out Thursdays also !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

The thing is that a counselor can run to the side and thwart those grab attempts. Jason's revised grab makes it a bit easier to not be caught up again.

In my example, the counselor can't go anywhere. 

One counselor knocks them out of a grab, Jason can't be stun in rage so he basically just shrugs it off and drops the person, and is able to instantly grab them again. 

This repeats until the protecting counselors weapon breaks and the grab victim ends up dead. 

9 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

This would encourage players to fix so everyone knows they have helped.

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

In my example, the counselor can't go anywhere. 

One counselor knocks them out of a grab, Jason can't be stun in rage so he basically just shrugs it off and drops the person, and is able to instantly grab them again. 

This repeats until the protecting counselors weapon breaks and the grab victim ends up dead. 

Except that if Jason goes to grab again, and the counselor moves to the side, Jason is gonna miss when he charges forward. I guess it's a matter if Jason can guess right to swoop them back up. 

Edit:

@Slasher_Clone said:

Not quoting the whole thing but it was refreshing to read. Thanks for the inclusion, I’ll admit to wondering how I ended up in that grouping until I got to my quote, then I laughed. 

Ugh. I forgot to multiquote when reading my responses. Insomnia for the win! 

You got some sense, man. I just ran into this thread and had to wade through twenty six pages of mostly foolishness. I was glad for the beacons of rational thought.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Except that if Jason goes to grab again, and the counselor moves to the side, Jason is gonna miss when he charges forward. I guess it's a matter if Jason can guess right to swoop them back up. 

When Jason is in rage, he cannot be stunned.  So when Jason goes to a group of counselors and grabs one of them, he will be instantly hit and the person grabbed will fall.  They'll fall right in front of him.  Jason can then re-grab them before either him or the counselor can move.

So it goes grab, hit, grab, hit, grab, hit, grab, hit weapon break, grab, dead. 

36 minutes ago, SirMang said:

When Jason is in rage, he cannot be stunned.  So when Jason goes to a group of counselors and grabs one of them, he will be instantly hit and the person grabbed will fall.  They'll fall right in front of him.  Jason can then re-grab them before either him or the counselor can move.

So it goes grab, hit, grab, hit, grab, hit, grab, hit weapon break, grab, dead. 

I suppose it may depend on who is faster on the draw then. While I didn't scrutinize it too deeply, I know I knocked somebody out of a grab and we beat feet. 

On 2/6/2019 at 5:07 AM, HuDawg said:

I never said im not biased toward Jason.. Its his game. 

But I sure as hell never said I want to remove every tool that benefits counselors.   

Counselors should be focused on avoiding Jason not fighting Jason.    And I still think hitting Jason to gain stamina is pretty lame.  Id rather counselors have a bigger stamina pool.

You on the other hand have a huge counselor bias. Like you don't understand that this is a F13th game.

I never said Tiffany was the reason to buy a game, but you are extremely biased, wanting everything to be removed that benefits survivors. Don’t act like I’m talking BS, because you always say “counselors shouldn’t have X this, it’s not fair”

As for a counselor bias, that’s a lie too. I have always advocated for Jason buffs, you should be aware that I called you out (like usual) for unfair changes that you wanted. 

I’m sorry, but some of bought a game to have fun. Regardless of a Jason game or not, everything should be balanced around counterplay and being able to have fun. 

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I never said Tiffany was the reason to buy a game, but you are extremely biased, wanting everything to be removed that benefits survivors. Don’t act like I’m talking BS, because you always say “counselors shouldn’t have X this, it’s not fair”

As for a counselor bias, that’s a lie too. I have always advocated for Jason buffs, you should be aware that I called you out (like usual) for unfair changes that you wanted. 

I’m sorry, but some of bought a game to have fun. Regardless of a Jason game or not, everything should be balanced around counterplay and being able to have fun. 

Fun is subjective, but nice to have whenever possible.

The game's balance will constantly need work, because with every change, someone will be unhappy. Ideal balance that the majority can agree on is the best we can hope for.