xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

The "other game" conversation might be derailing the thread a bit but I actually think it highlights an important point about the buff Jason got. 

This is Friday the 13th and the new patch brings it closer to what the developers of this game had in mind.

There are other titles out there now, and coming, that offer different mechanics and experiences. If this type of game is what you enjoy then should play at least some of the options out there.

I think Friday the 13th currently offers the most hardcore experience against the most powerful killer. Personally if I want a different experience I'll play a different game. And enjoy them both.

• Like 1

Yup. Bitch Jasons who need invulnerability get their masks shit on and their mom's head tea-bagged because that's what they deserve. I guess combat really is completely unnecessary, and now we can play just as the devs intended... running around in circles in the main cabins and tea-bagging Jason's mask. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, HuDawg said:

IMO as long as the devs  do the opposite of what you want.. The game is instantly better.

By making the game easier so you can actually get a kill? Good luck with that. 

• Like 1

The Hatfield / McCoy arguments need to stop, as they are not getting anything accomplished. I created a poll to put this matter to a vote. If you haven't voted yet, consider doing so. @mattshotcha is currently monitoring the topic. Your votes could help the developers decide the path to take going forward.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/25698-the-1292019-patch/

Let's keep in mind that the views here are only a portion of the entire player base.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:12 AM, CountYorgaVampir said:

Well since they can’t give us new stuff because of the lawsuit, about the only thing they can do is to change up the rules every once in a while.

Changing things up now and then would keep this game from getting completely stale. I don't mind adapting, and I know of others that feel the same way.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:02 AM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Jason gets killed maybe twice a day in lobbies I play in.

We all have to understand that everyone's experiences are not the same. When people start to understand and accept that, then a lot of the hostility about this subject would subside.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:44 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

You do know you can still fight Jason for half the match or more right!? Stop over exaggerating this buff. You also aren't instantly dead after rage. Learn to run and kite. Many on here were masters at that before Jason pinata came to be.

Kiting is still as useful as it has always been. I've seen a lot more of it since the patch.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:44 AM, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

thank you, exactly my point. This patch punishes some of the most dedicated players

Logically, there will always be players who feel "punished" by a patch. When Jason was getting nerfed patch after patch, how do you think those players felt? No patch will ever make everyone happy. Human beings are very particular about what they want.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:52 AM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I do see that, but it still kills the very part of the game I like, the hide and seek chase at the end. That's why I'm so frustrated. If I work to help get everyone off the board, then don't I deserve a little fun in the end?

There's nothing wrong with anyone having an enjoyment about something in this game. We all have to realize everyone will not like everything about this game 100% of the time.

@KenshiroHNK, I also have Mortal Kombat, though I haven't played it in a while.

@Slasher_Clone, if you're speaking from the heart and choose your words wisely, you'll never regret a post.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:19 AM, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I agree, why can we not all have a patch who improves the quality of the game for everyone?

Feedback will help the developers create a patch that could eventually improve the quality for the majority. Everyone will never completely be on board with any change that comes in this game. The conflicting views posted in this topic alone reinforces that point.

@HuDawg, when you get that on a T-shirt, I want one... 😎

@Jen901, there are "try hard" players on both sides of the fence.

On 1/31/2019 at 12:09 PM, SirMang said:

Bad Jasons will still suck.

Bad Jason doesn't trap objectives. Bad Jason lazily breaks down cabin doors and walks in, getting smacked in the face with a machete or an axe at the beginning of a match.  Bad Jason can't  don't shift grab.  Bad Jason can't don't throw knives.  Bad Jason doesn't block.  Bad Jason doesn't use combat stance period.

I mostly agree with your statement. I made changes where appropriate. "Can't" would indicate that they don't know how, but could learn. "Don't" indicates that they choose not to, and that's just bad on their part. A bad Jason can get better is he/she chooses to.

I have seen a few good Jason players out there that don't completely follow the list of things to the letter, and still get stuff done. I'm referring to those players before this patch dropped.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:53 PM, Jen901 said:

If a Jason is good he is always going to win.

Anyone here who is saying they "escaped 5 times" bla bla is either lying or played crap Jasons.

Your first statement might hold true, if you played as Jason against the same seven people.

Your second statement is not based on any sound reasoning. Just because one person cannot do it, doesn't mean that every person is going to perform the same. Every player is not equal in skill, or using the exact same play style. What one cannot do, another may be able to do.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:21 PM, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Jeez where is acrimony coming from? Celebrating because other players got punished... Rather than coming together to find a solution that works for everybody now it's ok to mock other people...ok...

People can and will come together once they stop worrying about what is convenient to them. That holds true for a lot of people here.

Don't say "I like or dislike X because Y". Instead say, "The game would be better if X because Y". There's a clear difference in how that will be received by others.

@Redrum138, that's a great example of adaptation.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:30 PM, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Untrue, the main complaints are coming from the more experienced players as opposed to lots of casual gamers who may not even play the game more than once per week.

In any case a patch which hurts a part of the player base should be revoked until better solutions are found

The complaints are coming from people in Columns A,B, C, and so on. Let's not start putting labels on people and saying this group's opinion doesn't matter. Casuals and veterans alike have a right to speak their mind.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:38 PM, Vaderspupil said:

Anyone who uses Reddit as a source to try to win an argument instantly forfeits the chance to win that argument. I'm surprised a poll hasn't been created here yet.

I've never been a fan of Reddit, but I've gotten a very tiny bit of useful information about things in the past.

20 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol I was trying to see if it still got stuck on every little pebble like it did before the update. When I found out it didn't I tried bigger obstacles. I wanted to try the stairs behind the lodge but I was running out of time so I hauled ass to the exit blasting through fences and sliding between stumps and rocks just like the good old days. 

Remind me never to ride with you behind the wheel... 😎

7 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

After lots of games with the new patch I also think it's time to move away.

Sometimes taking a break from that which frustrates you is not a bad thing. Unwind and come back from time to time to see if things improve.

5 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Sad to say slasher troll is right for once.

Could you maybe not start that up again? We are trying to be civil.

• Like 1

One thing I will give this update for is that it'll go some way to eliminating the bad-sportsmanship from groups counselors whose intent isn't to kill Jason, rather to repeatedly stun and emote spam over lesser skilled Jason players. I've always thought that if you want to dance on the man, do it as Tommy buries an axe in his skull.

That said, it's far from a perfect update because it fails to address one of the most prominent weaknesses of Jason, the ease it which you remove his mask. My experiences so far are showing me that kills squads are alive and well, standing ready in combat stance over a stunned Jason's head - so they're behind him when he stands - with their finger readied on the heavy attack trigger. Very easily his mask hits the dirt.

Give Jason a few short seconds of immunity when leaving a stun to throw up block (except 1 vs 1), increase mask health and reduce Rage gain per strike to compensate. This update is headed in the right direction, but still misses the mark.

As for a counselor. Well, it's not super fun being tunneled by walking tank that I can't defend against. Claim you should fix objectives all you like, there's up to 6 other players running around, and they almost always have objective critical items pocketed, or they don't bother to properly look for items so you've got to waste time checking cabins which should have been searched the first time.

7 hours ago, DasMurich said:

If you want horror then eventually Last Year: The Nightmare when it comes out. But that'll only be for PC. Also Hide or Die lacks combat, but I did back it and have played ... Game is pretty fun.

Of course in Last Year if you take out the killer, that player just comes back as a different one. You know why they did that? Because it isn't supposed to be so difficult to take down the killer.

If not horror then your options will probably open up. 

Pretty sure Last Year will be released on console eventually, similar to DBD being released on console a year after the intital release on PC.

At the moment DBD and F13 are really the only two games in the multiplayer survival horror genre that are really popular. Of course there are other games like Alien Isolation, Remothered, or Perception but they are single player story based. I’m anxious for Last Year’s release on console or other games that follow the multiplayer survival horror genre. I put so many hours into DBD/F13, it’s become a little stale.

This patch might make me do something I haven't done since 2017.  Put my preference back to Jason.  It should be like it was in the beginning where everyone wanted to be Jason.

@Slasher_Clone Hey Slasher, This match was inspired by your speech :)

None of my usual friends wants to play since the patch so I just did so alone QP and found some people on the mic, long story short we tried to kill Jason but failed as Tommy didn't have sucker punch and Jason didn't kneel. 

After the kill failed, inspired by your words, I played as productive member of the lobby, rather than my usual d**king around and I helped to find the phone box, and sacrificed myself so everybody could get in the car and then I distracted Jason so they could leave. 

Fairplay man :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Hey Slasher, This match was inspired by your speech

Thank you, I’m not normally inspiring at least I don’t think I am. I do think I’m going to like having you around camp though, Cola.

You’re refreshing, lol. Sorry been up for 24 hours and my sense of humour is infantile. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thank you, I’m not normally inspiring at least I don’t think I am. I do think I’m going to like having you around camp though, Cola.

You’re refreshing, lol. Sorry been up for 24 hours and my sense of humour is infantile. 

Well you did inspire me at least as I don't think I had done an objective in the game for like 6 months :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Well you did inspire me at least as I don't think I had done an objective in the game for like 6 months :)

I’m glad I inspired you, feels good saving all those lives doesn’t it? 

I want to plug a couple of forum members but don’t want other members to feel excluded and I’m tired but having fun. So I’ll just describe two.

The first, I think you should pay attention to how he posts to the community, he’s our moral/ethical compass and does far more than you could imagine to keep this place from becoming toxic (it has been ‘mildly’ toxic in the past). He’s the only poster even remotely as polite as you, and he gives excellent compliments that make you feel acknowledged and seen.

The second, well if you really want to play the game on a higher technical level, he’s the guy who brings up things I didn’t think of or know. You have to really try and see it as math or chess when you read his posts, he’s giving you concise answers to questions you haven’t gotten to yet, or laying out facts. He’s voiced displeasure in the patch but not for the same reasons as every other person, and he’s right. I think, you could learn to be better at the part of game you like if you listen to him.

I hope if you do become better at the combat side of the game, you remember to save people, otherwise what have you really accomplished by beating Jason? 

PS. I’m not questioning your skill but trust me, there’s a lot you don’t know.... yet.

• Thanks 2

Just got car flipped/destroyed again,by Jason in Rage mode. I guess this isn't a problem? Jason in rage should be able to glitch to prevent you from escaping,I mean,you can't fight back anymore,so I guess it's ok...

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m glad I inspired you, feels good saving all those lives doesn’t it? 

I want to plug a couple of forum members but don’t want other members to feel excluded and I’m tired but having fun. So I’ll just describe two.

The first, I think you should pay attention to how he posts to the community, he’s our moral/ethical compass and does far more than you could imagine to keep this place from becoming toxic (it has been ‘mildly’ toxic in the past). He’s the only poster even remotely as polite as you, and he gives excellent compliments that make you feel acknowledged and seen.

The second, well if you really want to play the game on a higher technical level, he’s the guy who brings up things I didn’t think of or know. You have to really try and see it as math or chess when you read his posts, he’s giving you concise answers to questions you haven’t gotten to yet, or laying out facts. He’s voiced displeasure in the patch but not for the same reasons as every other person, and he’s right. I think, you could learn to be better at the part of game you like if you listen to him.

I hope if you do become better at the combat side of the game, you remember to save people, otherwise what have you really accomplished by beating Jason? 

PS. I’m not questioning your skill but trust me, there’s a lot you don’t know.... yet.

Thank you Slasher, I appreciate this :)

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:30 PM, TiffanyIsBae said:

By making the game easier so you can actually get a kill? Good luck with that. 

By making the game actually fun to play when playing as Counselors you mean?

As if I want to be able to beat Jason silly all match.  Its hard to enjoy F13th the game when Jason spends most of his match acting like a stump.

OK, so I finally got a chance to sit down and play the game on Friday. For the first time in months, I set my preference to "Jason". Hit quick play and away I went. In a lucky twist I got to be Jason in my first match. Match went same as always  at first. Then the hunting started. It was pretty obvious these players wanted to kill. Normally, at this point I would take some precautions. But I decided to let them wail on me for a bit. Then I hit rage. The party was over.

Oh, the joy in their confusion. Their desire to relentlessly beat on Jason gave way to confusion and terror when suddenly it didn't work anymore.  I went on to slaughter them all. If they had just worked on the objectives instead of trying to fight me, some of them would have likely been able to escape. But no.

The next game I played I was a counselor. And you know what? It was freaking GREAT. Jason found me early, since I spawned in the vicinity of the fuse house. A month ago, I probably would have given him a good smack with my bat. But you know what? I didn't want to. I was SCARED to. I knew that would put him one step closer to his rage. So I ran instead. Just like it is supposed to be. I ended up escaping that match in the two door with another survivor. I've survived about half of my counselor matches since the patch. If you play smart and get things done, you can still make it as well as ever. Anyone saying otherwise is either terrible as a counselor or just lying.

All in all, fantastic patch. Well done Gun. Jason is a threat again, just as he should be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

OK, so I finally got a chance to sit down and play the game on Friday. For the first time in months, I set my preference to "Jason". Hit quick play and away I went. In a lucky twist I got to be Jason in my first match. Match went same as always  at first. Then the hunting started. It was pretty obvious these players wanted to kill. Normally, at this point I would take some precautions. But I decided to let them wail on me for a bit. Then I hit rage. The party was over.

Oh, the joy in their confusion. Their desire to relentlessly beat on Jason gave way to confusion and terror when suddenly it didn't work anymore.  I went on to slaughter them all. If they had just worked on the objectives instead of trying to fight me, some of them would have likely been able to escape. But no.

The next game I played I was a counselor. And you know what? It was freaking GREAT. Jason found me early, since I spawned in the vicinity of the fuse house. A month ago, I probably would have given him a good smack with my bat. But you know what? I didn't want to. I was SCARED to. I knew that would put him one step closer to his rage. So I ran instead. Just like it is supposed to be. I ended up escaping that match in the two door with another survivor. I've survived about half of my counselor matches since the patch. If you play smart and get things done, you can still make it as well as ever. Anyone saying otherwise is either terrible as a counselor or just lying.

All in all, fantastic patch. Well done Gun. Jason is a threat again, just as he should be.

Was that before or after they fixed it so you can kill Jason during rage? 

7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Was that before or after they fixed it so you can kill Jason during rage? 

After, I think? Don't actually remember when the hot fix dropped.  Didn't really matter either way, they were focused on the wrong thing. Trying to fight instead of trying to flee. It was beautiful.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:09 AM, HuDawg said:

By making the game actually fun to play when playing as Counselors you mean?

As if I want to be able to beat Jason silly all match.  Its hard to enjoy F13th the game when Jason spends most of his match acting like a stump.

Sure, let’s have Jason get his ass beat to get rage in less than 5 minutes. Lots of counterplay there, lemme guess you want survivors to be nerfed again? Remove the ability to escape?

Wanna know why the game is always hell for Jason? Because with items being obsolete there’s no incentive to play Eric or Deborah. Stealth play being absolutely useless, and them not being able to do anything when they get caught with spam sense. So they play Chad and Vanessa the bigger issues of Jason, and now with this patch, the obsolete counselors are even more obsolete. If stealth play actually worked and was more popular, then 7 teams of Chads and Vanessa’s wouldn’t exist. 

The game isn’t gonna be more fun with this change, you’re literally the most biased Jason main on these forums. You want survivors to be nerfed significantly while ignoring the issues that 60% of the counselors are terrible. You wanna act like your decisions are actually good and will help the game? Keep dreaming. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Sure, let’s have Jason get his ass beat to get rage in less than 5 minutes. Lots of counterplay there, lemme guess you want survivors to be nerfed again? Remove the ability to escape?

How about we just remove counselors.. That way Jason can finally skinny dip in peace.

9 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

you’re literally the most biased Jason main on these forums. 

Jason main?  My preference has been set to random/random/random for over a year and half.  I don't main anything.

In all the games I played last night, Jason didnt get rage for at least 12 mins+ into the game. That is plenty of time to get shit done and get out. I escaped a bunch because of this. Amazing how much time you have when your first objective isn't to go beat on Jason. Post patch complainers take note please... 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

There is no such thing as a Jason main. 

I’m out of likes for today, so here is a post telling you that I tried to like your comment, lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I’m out of likes for today, so here is a post telling you that I tried to like your comment, lol

I got him for you....

12 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

The game isn’t gonna be more fun with this change, you’re literally the most biased Jason main on these forums. You want survivors to be nerfed significantly while ignoring the issues that 60% of the counselors are terrible. You wanna act like your decisions are actually good and will help the game? Keep dreaming. 

No need to get so personal. Your opinion isn't the only 'right' one.