Jump to content
xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Have you driven a car yet? Good luck hitting it with a knife with a good driver behind the wheel. I drove it off the rocks by the stilt cabin at Packanack trying to see if I could break it. Didn't even slow it down. Off-roading is OP af right now...

Driving the car didn't seem to change.

I of course just used my usual off road routes and didn't try to jump off a rock LOL

I had a random non-knife throwing Jason and was just running him ragged with e-brake 180s on the main road.  He cursed me out on the mic and then rage quit. 

I also noticed that you can still, sometimes as Jason, completely ignore the car exists and walk through it when it's not moving.  When it moves and you shift, the car doesn't stop you from shifting, you just turn into a battering ram and throw the car all over the place.  It doesn't always break either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Driving the car didn't seem to change.

I of course just used my usual off road routes and didn't try to jump off a rock LOL

I had a random non-knife throwing Jason and was just running him ragged with e-brake 180s on the main road.  He cursed me out on the mic and then rage quit. 

I also noticed that you can still, sometimes as Jason, completely ignore the car exists and walk through it when it's not moving.  When it moves and you shift, the car doesn't stop you from shifting, you just turn into a battering ram and throw the car all over the place.  It doesn't always break either. 

Lol I was trying to see if it still got stuck on every little pebble like it did before the update. When I found out it didn't I tried bigger obstacles. I wanted to try the stairs behind the lodge but I was running out of time so I hauled ass to the exit blasting through fences and sliding between stumps and rocks just like the good old days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The jury is still out many members like the new patch some don’t.... I do think more tweaks to the rage mode ability will be needed....flares and Firecrackers should stun him in rage mode giving counselors two more options to keep Jason at bay..

How much would revealing the clock once Jason is in Rage affect things? You could at least have an idea of how long you need to kite him, instead of it feeling like it goes on forever. Might help counselors decide when it's time to try to hide and when to run and loop without having to totally revamp either theirs or Jason's abilities.

If they ever get around to revamping the perk system, a "Wristwatch" perk that allows you to see how much time is left in the match would also be a good addition. Way more useful than Heavy Mover, Potent Ranger and Easy Listening put together.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

¿Cuánto afectaría a las cosas revelar el reloj una vez que Jason está en Rage? Al menos, podría tener una idea de cuánto tiempo necesita para matarlo, en lugar de sentir que dura para siempre. Podría ayudar a los consejeros a decidir cuándo es el momento de esconderse y cuándo correr y recorrer sin tener que renovar totalmente las habilidades de Jason o las suyas.

Si alguna vez logran renovar el sistema de beneficios, un beneficio de "reloj de pulsera" que te permite ver cuánto tiempo queda en el partido también sería una buena adición. Mucho más útil que Heavy Mover, Potent Ranger y Easy Listening juntos.

excellent idea what of the clock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol I was trying to see if it still got stuck on every little pebble like it did before the update. When I found out it didn't I tried bigger obstacles. I wanted to try the stairs behind the lodge but I was running out of time so I hauled ass to the exit blasting through fences and sliding between stumps and rocks just like the good old days. 

Now that you mention it, when I off roaded it in my first match after the update, it did seem like an awfully smooth escape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The jury is still out many members like the new patch some don’t.... I do think more tweaks to the rage mode ability will be needed....flares and Firecrackers should stun him in rage mode giving counselors two more options to keep Jason at bay..

Of course, Jason needs some form of counterplay, but making him immune to stuns isn’t the way. Just reduce the time stunned significantly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

WADR, I think a lot of veterans of the game forget that not everyone has put in as much time on it as you. The overwhelming majority of people who play this game, even those who have been at it a while, are average to above average. They haven't memorized every map layout and spawn location, had enough reps driving the car to drive it like Speed Racer on a cocaine bender, haven't watched hours of YouTube videos for points, and are OK at some parts of the game and not at others.

Twelve minutes is a long damn time to try and loop Jason with dwindling resources, without making a mistake that gets you killed. If you've reached a skill level where you can do that consistently, congratulations. You're awesome. Just remember that most people can't, and probably never will.

I played this game throughout May 2017-June 2018 nonstop. It was one of the only games I regularly played. I had 770 hours alone in 2018, it was only a matter of time before the map layout was memorized. I just played a SHIT TON over the past two years. Unless you’ve regularly played since launch, you won’t learn as much because you haven’t been through all the patches and the playerbase has dwindled significantly since then.

12 minutes IS a very long time, but I’ve seem many people survive for that long. We all potato at time though....I’ve died first, last, and anywhere in between, just because I play a lot doesn’t mean I don’t die. Honestly, it’s all about how you conserve your stamina, bait a grab so you can get a stun for more stamina, and loop cabins. It’s not much more to explain than that. Not trying to be egotistical, just stating how I go about the game and what I’ve done since launch

I never watched YouTube videos for F13 by the way, only thing I watched was beta gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Of course, Jason needs some form of counterplay, but making him immune to stuns isn’t the way. Just reduce the time stunned significantly.

Agreed. Either reduce the stun chance by 50% or reduce the stun time significantly. I don’t really think Jason should be COMPLETELY immune to stuns while he is in rage mode especially with flares and firecrackers. I survived six minutes as the last counselor left, my only match post patch. Can’t say it is too OP as Jason does need counterplay, but it doesn’t make since to give Jason counterplay by taking away A HUGE chunk of the counselors counterplay/defenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Of course, Jason needs some form of counterplay, but making him immune to stuns isn’t the way. Just reduce the time stunned significantly.

IMO as long as the devs  do the opposite of what you want.. The game is instantly better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read on Facebook some people are getting rid of their sucker punch perks, wouldn't that be something if the devs made a tweak to that perk for the next patch? Something like, the only way to stun Jason in rage is if you have that perk equipped? And whatever percentage you have is the percentage chance to stun during rage. I would be cool with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After lots of games with the new patch I also think it's time to move away. 

 

I'll give it another go for the whole weekend and decide. 

It's a shame, I've played this game almost every game since launch week, I took time and effort to become good but with the removal of the fight in the second part of the game, a match lost its thrill. 

It's like I'm trying to listen with my head under water. 

I'm sure the devs meant well but this poorly thought patch has punished fighting too much. 

BTW Jason is not op, you can easily still frustate  Jason with marathon, restful, medic but it's not the same. 

Simple solutions are never the answer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Just read on Facebook some people are getting rid of their sucker punch perks, wouldn't that be something if the devs made a tweak to that perk for the next patch? Something like, the only way to stun Jason in rage is if you have that perk equipped? And whatever percentage you have is the percentage chance to stun during rage. I would be cool with that.

I thought about it as I was changing up perks last night, but then decided to keep my combat perks just in case. I put an epic 25% my dad's a cop on all my fixers and put lead foot and a legendary grease monkey on Chad. Of course marathon on my runners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

 

I'm sure the devs meant well but this poorly thought patch has punished fighting too much. 

IMO they didn't punish the fighters enough.

But it will do for now.  

This isn't a fighting game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

IMO they didn't punish the fighters enough.

But it will do for now.  

This isn't a fighting game.  

There's a lot of acrimony in your messages. No matter what you think there's no need for it. 

Being polite and respectful are good characteristics 

Wishing punishment unto members of your community doesn't sound very useful. 

Especially as time is progressing more people are starting to doubt this extreme approach and propose different solutions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

There's a lot of acrimony in your messages. No matter what you think there's no need for it. 

Being polite and respectful are good characteristics 

..Meh

Id rather just shoot from the hip and see what sticks.  That's my style.  

I also stand by my comments.  This isn't a fighting game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Wishing punishment unto members of your community doesn't sound very useful. 

Umm, exactly how do you like to play the game, are the Jason’s you actually punish with your mad skills members of the community?

5 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

There's a lot of acrimony in your messages. No matter what you think there's no need for it. People are entitled to post how they want, unless they are breaking the rules, don’t be that guy.

Being polite and respectful are good characteristics If only your playstyle reflected this belief.

Wishing punishment unto members of your community doesn't sound very useful. got this one up top.

Especially as time is progressing more people are starting to doubt this extreme approach and propose different solutions 

You keep speaking for more people than yourself, do you represent a collective? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Umm, exactly how do you like to play the game, are the Jason’s you actually punish with your mad skills members of the community?

I don't disrespect  Jason and I'm very aware of the importance of Jason in a game, I'm very grateful to Jason players, so your affirmation doesn't have foundation. 

 

As for me representing people, there's a topic on balancing, most people there are admitting that invulnerability may be too much and are looking for different arrangements to balance the game. 

Very few like Hull and Trump are rejoicing about the change. Even among people who like the pstch there are plenty of people questioning this drastic approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I don't disrespect  Jason and I'm very aware of the importance of Jason in a game, I'm very grateful to Jason players, so your affirmation doesn't have foundation. 

 

As for me representing people, there's a topic on balancing, most people there are admitting that invulnerability may be too much and are looking for different arrangements to balance the game. 

Very few like Hull and Trump are rejoicing about the change. Even among people who like the pstch there are plenty of people questioning this drastic approach. 

I like the patch, add me in there with those guys. I like a challenge, and yeah I died a few times to rage Jason. But, in so doing I saved some others by sacrificing myself. I want Jason scary, I LOVE it now!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redrum138 said:

I like the patch, add me in there with those guys. I like a challenge, and yeah I died a few times to rage Jason. But, in so doing I saved some others by sacrificing myself. I want Jason scary, I LOVE it now!

Sorry I didn't add you because you don't seem to hold a grudge or be acrimonious towards fighters. I am genuinely glad you love this patch and that this is improving your experience. 

To me it's making my experience dull and it's a pity :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Very few like Hull and Trump are rejoicing about the change. Even among people who like the pstch there are plenty of people questioning this drastic approach. 

Can you even prove very few dislike it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I don't disrespect  Jason and I'm very aware of the importance of Jason in a game, I'm very grateful to Jason players, so your affirmation doesn't have foundation. 

 

As for me representing people, there's a topic on balancing, most people there are admitting that invulnerability may be too much and are looking for different arrangements to balance the game. 

Very few like Hull and Trump are rejoicing about the change. Even among people who like the pstch there are plenty of people questioning this drastic approach. 

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/25698-the-1292019-patch/?tab=comments#comment-344591

So far it looks as if you’re wrong about the general consensus. 

Here I’ll clarify my position, the new patch only effects the end game and until people accept that there’s very little useful discussion that can be had. In a few weeks you won’t even be upset about the change, you’ll have figured out how to escape leaving Jason with no kills or you’ll party up and just use those mad skills to kill every raging Jason you come across. The game has only changed in your head, you just haven’t thought it out, you’re still reacting emotionally exactly the way the devs wanted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/25698-the-1292019-patch/?tab=comments#comment-344591

So far it looks as if you’re wrong about the general consensus. 

Here I’ll clarify my position, the new patch only effects the end game and until people accept that there’s very little useful discussion that can be had. In a few weeks you won’t even be upset about the change, you’ll have figured out how to escape leaving Jason with no kills or you’ll party up and just use those mad skills to kill every raging Jason you come across. The game has only changed in your head, you just haven’t thought it out, you’re still reacting emotionally exactly the way the devs wanted. 

I want to ask you something, without any malice, really. 

How many matches have you tried with this patch? 

I have played quite a lot, and I'm simply stating my opinion. I'm glad you enjoy this patch, to me it's a too final as an approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I want to ask you something, without any malice, really. 

How many matches have you tried with this patch? 

I have played quite a lot, and I'm simply stating my opinion. I'm glad you enjoy this patch, to me it's a too final as an approach. 

Sad to say slasher troll is right for once. It just effects end game and how it’s a bit harder to kill Jason now, with a lot less breathing room. Tbh he still needs more smaller buffs now. Grabbing is still useless and i dont know why it has to be. Just try and kill him within the 10 minutes and not hit him with anything but axe and matchete. Also he can still be hit again as he’s exiting stun lol? Am I wrong. The mask can still be a joke. This just makes it harder for noobs and casuals. Not really what the original devs intentions were to have the game. 

Only option for Jason, is to bide his time a lot. But that doesn’t work with objective rushes, forcing confrontation and when enraged people need to block more and tank to hit him recovering....

Was even a single idea copied from the community topic about Jason. It seems not, actually the sweeping swing attack was, that hits multiple counselors, even though non idiotic people would not line up like bowling pins to get smacked. They even said meatshielding wouldn’t be a bad idea, where’s that? I’m sure there’s more to come hopefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I want to ask you something, without any malice, really. 

How many matches have you tried with this patch? 

I have played quite a lot, and I'm simply stating my opinion. I'm glad you enjoy this patch, to me it's a too final as an approach. 

Let’s see maybe twenty to twenty five I stop keeping track on the second day. Still alittle over a 50% escape ratio but I’ve been trying to save as many Counselors as possible since the second day. Been averaging 4 to 5 Counselors saved every match, when I don’t save anyone the lobby gets wiped, this happens about 10% of the time. 

I have been enjoying the patch, that is true. I like that the game is in a kinda flux, but I also think the patch didn’t actually change that much, mostly just peoples perception of how they should play. Players like you are conflicted and frustrated. The thing is at least two very experienced players can see how it will play out in a few weeks, not because we’re psychic but because it follows a pattern and is a mechanical system. We don’t actually think the patch made that much of a deference.

Nothing has actually changed for you other than when you should fight him. I’m not sorry you refuse to play the game by escaping, you’re making the choice to be frustrated, you seem to see this as an attack on your playstyle and you keep making claims for what other people think rather then debating points. 

Oh and you keep asking them to suspend a patch regardless of how other members feel, maybe stop that, as it’s unreasonable and really fuck’n rude. 

Edit - Dynamic are you sure this is how you want to try and rejoin the community. My post was deleted from your intro but I’m sure you saw it, you really are on your last chance. I’m willing to let bygones be bygones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...