xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

12 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Everyone I play with(and we're all veterans of the game since near launch) is raving about the latest changes and I agree with them and I'm a counselor main. You want to survive? Get out before Jason gets rage. After that, may the odds be ever in your favor(wrong franchise!)

Again, did you read what I posted? They were suggestions on how the game could have been rebalanced without eliminating combat.

12 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I main Adam, so I know that isn’t true. You can do it for a few loops but then you’d have to jump out a window to regain some stamina for a few seconds. No way you could do it for five minutes unless Jason is giving you rest breaks. 

Of course you have to have a moment to regain stamina, and yeah, I do duck out the window and back a few times. Sometimes, depending on the Jason, not so much.

6 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Of course you have to have a moment to regain stamina, and yeah, I do duck out the window and back a few times. Sometimes, depending on the Jason, not so much.

The other problem is his fear. It isn’t long before your vision is impaired so you can’t see when he changes direction very well. 

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

The other problem is his fear. It isn’t long before your vision is impaired so you can’t see when he changes direction very well. 

Not so much when your in the main cabin that is lit. Even in the dark, fear isn't really an issue.

2 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Exactly. It's not always possible, but it's possible. This is where players will have to adapt. Coordinate. Work together. Sometimes you get out, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you'll wipe the lobby, sometimes you won't. 

I got to play as Jason this morning and went 4/7 in a match. You know who escaped? 2 Vanessa and 1 Buggsy. They repaired the two cars themselves. They worked together. Used their pocket knives to disarm my traps. Did perfect skill checks.

Kudos to them. 

Being a Jason main, I'm going to have adjust with the change. I'm seeing a huge bump in counselor efforts to escape. I forgot what that was like because in all honesty, Jason has a lot to juggle if counselors are playing well. And as a counselor I'm completing objectives at the same time others are. I'm about to start a car and the cops are called, Jason heads that way using Morph, I'm out.

I’ve had matches where my whole team was wiped out within minutes so it was up to me to last about 12 minutes. You don’t NEED to stun Jason to survive, you simply need to outplay him. I have well over 1000 hours in this game, needless to say I know the map layouts and where to go to do the best cabin loops. Not trying to boost my own ego but I’ve had countless matches where I simply just outplayed Jason, you just have to adapt to their playstyles and know the map layout and where you are and aren’t safe.

I rely on my teammates to fix a lot of the time because I play Tiffany and Jenny, not really worth trying to repair ESPECIALLY with Tiffany. I will however repair if I have to. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Again, did you read what I posted? They were suggestions on how the game could have been rebalanced without eliminating combat.

Apparently you didn't read what many others, including developers, have said that combat was never meant to be the main emphasis of this game and should only be used as a last resort. The goal is to escape as quick as you can. You can fight Jason all you want pre rage, but it's at your own peril since that just builds his rage faster. If you can't escape before he gets rage, the sorry, you're SOL. No more wasting everyone's time kiting for 20 minutes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Being completely immune to all stuns except the shotgun and pocket knife when enraged is completely fair. It means you have 10 minutes to get the sweater, get a good Tommy into play, get Jason's mask off and get the weapons needed to defeat Jason if you intend to, or it'll get much harder after. Defeating Jason is not supposed to be easy; it is supposed to be the hardest of the 4 victory conditions to achieve. You either escape by car/boat, with the police, defeat Jason or survive the night and surviving the night and defeating Jason are meant to be the 2 most unlikely scenarios.

You do realize it is a glitch that Jason can't be killed in rage mode right? Doesn't it seem kind of stupid that you can kill Jason in the first half of the match but not the last half? Seems kind of backwards to what it should be if you ask me. I'd be perfectly ok with this patch even if they made it so you can only kill Jason in rage. I'd welcome the challenge. But not being able to kill him in the last half of the match (or more depending on how bad the player is) is ridiculous.

Even with a kill squad in play Jasons could simply bounce around the map without killing anyone til rage mode and then slaughter the entire camp without a care in the world. That's just stupid. How many Jason players would be complaining right now if at the start of rage mode everyone in the match jumped up on the Packanack roof and had a dance party for half the match? You could argue "that's different," but really it's not. The counselors aren't invincible for half the match so why should Jason be? 

18 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The counselors aren't invincible for half the match so why should Jason be? 

Because Jason is the Franchise... ?

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Because Jason is the Franchise... ?

Ok well isn't it kind of stupid that the franchise can be killed early in the match but not late in the match? If they were going to do something like this intentionally, then shouldn't Jason be invincible for the first half of the match and not the last?  

37 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The counselors aren't invincible for half the match so why should Jason be? 

Jason isn't invincible in any part of the match. What's with all the exaggeration? He cannot be stunned except by the shotgun, sweater, pocket knives, and bear traps when in rage.

Phrase it like this: The counselors can't be stunned for the entire match so why should Jason be? Jason doesn't get perks so why should counselors? Counselors have virtually infinite trap use so why not Jason?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

Jason isn't invincible in any part of the match. What's with all the exaggeration? He cannot be stunned except by the shotgun, sweater, pocket knives, and bear traps. 

Phrase it like this: The counselors can't be stunned for the entire match so why should Jason be? 

Lol he can't be killed in rage mode. That's no exaggeration, it's a glitch. And hopefully they'll get it taken care of soon...

• Like 1

While I generally agree Jason needs to be buffed, they should make it a temporary effect where you can use your rage (by pressing a button, which will deplete over a period of time, you can't stop the effect when it's in use so the rage meter needs to get empty to stop the effect) to become temporary invulnerable. That way you can deal with Jason bullies and Jason killers while sacrificing rage (which you need to build up again to break down doors by walking through them) and other people (who didn't bully Jason and actually did the objectives) have the chance to escape. While in this invulnerable state you can't use any powers like stalk, morph, shift and sense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol he can't be killed in rage mode. That's no exaggeration, it's a glitch. And hopefully they'll get it taken care of soon...

It is a glitch and Matt has assured us that it is being looked at, we can hope for a hot fix soon.

I know this patch isn’t what you expected, and it definitely should have been shared with the forum imo but it is want it is. I don’t mean you should change your mind about it, or your feelings but rather than view it as an affront see it as an opportunity. 

We really need to be convincing the devs to do more with the perk rework and then talk about the early and mid game so they can see how to improve what they’ve just unleashed on us. 

Also I can’t ask you to come help me show some new idiot, how quickly we can break it, if you’re on that said idiots side, lol. 

6 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Okay, yes technically there is a bug at the moment. It should be getting a fix and I'm sure the devs are going to jump on this and deliver it in a timely fashion. 

But you have one of two scenarios, either the complaints are being made knowing the bug will be fixed therefore not counting it as a change and thus being completely exaggerated calling him invincible....

Or

The complaints are being made as if this is by design, intentional, and that just makes them idiotic.

11 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Okay, yes technically there is a bug at the moment. It should be getting a fix and I'm sure the devs are going to jump on this and deliver it in a timely fashion. 

But you have one of two scenarios, either the complaints are being made knowing the bug will be fixed therefore not counting it as a change and thus being completely exaggerated calling him invincible....

Or

The complaints are being made as if this is by design, intentional, and that just makes them idiotic.

The complaints are being made because that's the way the game currently plays out. I don't care if it's intentional or not. It's there and I'm complaining. It certainly won't get fixed if no one complains about it. I'm sure shitty Jason players aren't complaining. Also calling him invincible for half the match is neither stupid nor exaggerated. It's fact. He cannot be killed in rage mode. Unless I'm missing something, that makes him invincible, does it not? 

You think I'm complaining now. Wait until they get this glitch fixed. Everyone that's loving it now will be hating it soon... 

11 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Apparently you didn't read what many others, including developers, have said that combat was never meant to be the main emphasis of this game and should only be used as a last resort. The goal is to escape as quick as you can. You can fight Jason all you want pre rage, but it's at your own peril since that just builds his rage faster. If you can't escape before he gets rage, the sorry, you're SOL. No more wasting everyone's time kiting for 20 minutes.

What are you talking about. The end game now is nothing but kiting.

11 hours ago, bruce142 said:

While I generally agree Jason needs to be buffed, they should make it a temporary effect where you can use your rage (by pressing a button, which will deplete over a period of time, you can't stop the effect when it's in use so the rage meter needs to get empty to stop the effect) to become temporary invulnerable. That way you can deal with Jason bullies and Jason killers while sacrificing rage (which you need to build up again to break down doors by walking through them) and other people (who didn't bully Jason and actually did the objectives) have the chance to escape. While in this invulnerable state you can't use any powers like stalk, morph, shift and sense.

1 quadrillion percent agree, and if you use that shit to kill an individual counselor, oh well. You lost it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

You think I'm complaining now. Wait until they get this glitch fixed. Everyone that's loving it now will be hating it soon... 

Except me, I’m loving it and I’ll still be loving it when it goes to shit because then we can get on with talking about how to fix it. 

like janson. I'll go from the car to the boat, from the boat to the phone for the first 10 minutes. and then ... I kill everyone .

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Except me, I’m loving it and I’ll still be loving it when it goes to shit because then we can get on with talking about how to fix it

It's going to be epic once they realize everything about the latest "buff" went the wrong way...

1 hour ago, alevinacho said:

like janson. I'll go from the car to the boat, from the boat to the phone for the first 10 minutes. and then ... I kill everyone .

Everyone will be gone in 10 minutes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Everyone will be gone in 10 minutes.

Not if he morphs between those places for the first 10 minutes. Obviously the point of that is to stop people trying to complete those objectives. 

12 hours ago, SirMang said:

That still happens. 

Morph out ahead of the car and then watch as the car goes completely off the mini-map.

You can still stop cars with throwing knives as well - had to test. 

Have you driven a car yet? Good luck hitting it with a knife with a good driver behind the wheel. I drove it off the rocks by the stilt cabin at Packanack trying to see if I could break it. Didn't even slow it down. Off-roading is OP af right now...

3 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I’ve had matches where my whole team was wiped out within minutes so it was up to me to last about 12 minutes. You don’t NEED to stun Jason to survive, you simply need to outplay him. I have well over 1000 hours in this game, needless to say I know the map layouts and where to go to do the best cabin loops. Not trying to boost my own ego but I’ve had countless matches where I simply just outplayed Jason, you just have to adapt to their playstyles and know the map layout and where you are and aren’t safe.

I rely on my teammates to fix a lot of the time because I play Tiffany and Jenny, not really worth trying to repair ESPECIALLY with Tiffany. I will however repair if I have to. 

WADR, I think a lot of veterans of the game forget that not everyone has put in as much time on it as you. The overwhelming majority of people who play this game, even those who have been at it a while, are average to above average. They haven't memorized every map layout and spawn location, had enough reps driving the car to drive it like Speed Racer on a cocaine bender, haven't watched hours of YouTube videos for points, and are OK at some parts of the game and not at others.

Twelve minutes is a long damn time to try and loop Jason with dwindling resources, without making a mistake that gets you killed. If you've reached a skill level where you can do that consistently, congratulations. You're awesome. Just remember that most people can't, and probably never will.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

So is the game since literally no one likes the change, but you of course.

The jury is still out many members like the new patch some don’t.... I do think more tweaks to the rage mode ability will be needed....flares and Firecrackers should stun him in rage mode giving counselors two more options to keep Jason at bay..

I platinumed this Game and I love it. But with this patch I think it is time for me to retire the game and wait for the Sequel. A game with every Jason, a map from all the movies, Jason chasing counselor cars and boats out of the map, Jason actually killing the cops, and multiple ways to kill Jason. That's what I really want. Although this change would be great for an arcade version of Friday the 13th as it is straight up unfair halfway. 

• Like 1