xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sorry brother, that was a bit rude of me, I’m a recovering asshole. 

I’m just trying to point out that your strategies don’t actually require you to hit Jason, just out play him.

It's all good. I'm just not that interested in this forced play style.

7 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

If a Jason is good he is always going to win.

Anyone here who is saying they "escaped 5 times" bla bla is either lying or played crap Jasons.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c535455735a565477

9 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Exactly. It's not always possible, but it's possible. This is where players will have to adapt. Coordinate. Work together. Sometimes you get out, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you'll wipe the lobby, sometimes you won't. 

I got to play as Jason this morning and went 4/7 in a match. You know who escaped? 2 Vanessa and 1 Buggsy. They repaired the two cars themselves. They worked together. Used their pocket knives to disarm my traps. Did perfect skill checks.

Kudos to them. 

Being a Jason main, I'm going to have adjust with the change. I'm seeing a huge bump in counselor efforts to escape. I forgot what that was like because in all honesty, Jason has a lot to juggle if counselors are playing well. And as a counselor I'm completing objectives at the same time others are. I'm about to start a car and the cops are called, Jason heads that way using Morph, I'm out.

I'm just saying, it'd be nice to have some options if by circumstance you happen to be the last one standing and there's no avenue of escape. Maybe stuff doesn't get fixed or you're the odd man out when a full car goes through the exit. It's damn near impossible to outrun Jason AND fix any leftover objectives once he locks on to you, especially when you can't stun him.

As Jason, I love the patch. Walking through a stun and killing Chad last night was immensely satisfying.
And as a counselor I'm not even saying it should be easy to stick-and-move with Jason for 10 minutes. It shouldn't be. I just worry that the new patch has made it almost impossible. There are times in the game when you must fight Jason, and now you can't do it when you need to the most.

2 minutes ago, noahvt said:

You can very much still bully Jason in this patch. Group up with a few vanessa's, equip marathon, thick skin and restful and GG.

Only move when he is about to grab/slash and only hit when someone gets grabbed. Weapons pretty much last forever since you're not actively stunning and Jason can pretty much do nothing.

3 DC's in a row so far and they weren't all noobs either. 

That Jason is obviously drunk.. or playing one handed..lol

2 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

it'd be nice to have some options if by circumstance you happen to be the last one standing and there's no avenue of escape

I completely get that. Some others, including myself, have brought up perks being revisited and a focus on improving the stealth/hiding aspect of the game. It needs attention. That whole concept is a huge part of horror alone and it would compliment the current changes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I agree with raging through doors. There should be s short moment of invulnerability. At least enough to get a swing across. I tend to hide around corners, not necessarily barricaded doors. For instance, and I'm giving this away, but I sometimes hide in front of the bathroom doorway in Pinehurst at the top of the steps and nail Jason on his way up. There is enough room in the hall doorway to get around him being stunned there. Also, there are no windows to jump out of on the top floor of Pinehurt, so really, that is your only option to kite. I was just thinking on this while I was playing right now. On the other side of the main cabin at Pinehurst, I lock the doors and open the windows and wait to see if Jason searches me out. Pre patch, I had two options post rage. One, I could hide by the door and smack with a bat, then go through a window and make my way up to the barn because I bought a little more time with the stun, or, I could just wait by the window until Jason rages through and go out the window and have to make my way back inside the main cabin.

In other words, pre-patch rage, I had two options. Post-patch rage, one. It's just unnecessary when they could have just dropped the percentages of stun per weapon or something similar. Serioiusly. When Jason gets rage, just make all the weapons except the shot gun and axe disappear. And I will tell you exactly what is going to happen. After about a month, the forums will be flooded with there aren't enough shot gun spawns. Do something!

I don’t know if the option is available on every Pinehurst map, but I’ve jumped out of the upstairs hallway window more than once. 

14 hours ago, HuDawg said:

That Jason is obviously drunk.. or playing one handed..lol

I don't know what's new about this? Anyway, the video isn't all post rage, she knocks him on his back with a 2x4. More directly, I don't know who the Jason is, but he is Trrrrraaaaaasssssh. Funny thing is, me screwing around with him, I would probably get killed. :) Anyway, yeah for all Vanessa lobbies. Can't wait.

13 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I don’t know if the option is available on every Pinehurst map, but I’ve jumped out of the upstairs hallway window more than once. 

There's only one window in the upstairs hallway. I think.

3 hours ago, Jen901 said:

its the Jasons who were the tryhards 

LOL!!! You have that in reverse, if you haven’t noticed, that there are only about 4 people including yourself that are whining , you joined this forum just to whine,  your stun/dance part is over, your legendary double sprays/sucker punch/thick skin etc... Don’t matter...........  if you don’t fix things you die, Plain and Simple..... I LOVE IT!

1 hour ago, Jen901 said:

wrong.

You just saying pinehurst is good for counselors. lol

If anything that map is too big and a BENEFIT for Jason.

If a Jason is good he is always going to win.

Anyone here who is saying they "escaped 5 times" bla bla is either lying or played crap Jasons.

It’s an advantage Jason map for sure, but there are some very good easily defensible cabins there. I have frustrated many a Jason at Reckless Ridge, the barn, and the Main House (not to mention the usual large cabins).

I survived the full 20 minutes today against a Part 4 Jason that, while not as experienced as me, wasn’t too bad. He managed to shift grab me but I had a pocket knife. But then, because I had a pocket knife I took some unnecessary chances that I wouldn’t have taken if I didn’t. At any rate, I survived primarily out of skill, not luck. Saying that you can’t survive against a good Jason is BS if you know how to take full advantage of your surroundings.  

35 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

LOL!!! You have that in reverse, if you haven’t noticed, that there are only about 4 people including yourself that are whining , you joined this forum just to whine,  your stun/dance part is over, your legendary double sprays/sucker punch/thick skin etc... Don’t matter...........  if you don’t fix things you die, Plain and Simple..... I LOVE IT!

And there only seems to be about six or so people defending your stance. Why do you have to undermine people just because they don't want to play like you do. He might troll, might not, I don't know. What I do know is I don't troll, and I don't like nullifying combat in the last half of the game. It's fine because when all you have are lobbies of Vanessas beating the shit out of you first half of the match, then disconnecting just to troll you for real so you get no kill points, we will see how you feel. If people really wanted to be a dick, they could just suicide at the halfway point. It's not like Tommy is going to do much to help. Hey, why not. It will get the game over quicker, right?

3 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Too bad I sold my PS4 because this game disappointed me so badly.😞

Did you mom and dad know that you sold their house? A reply like that tells me you aren’t old enough to own a car, much less a house.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Jeez where is acrimony coming from? Celebrating because other players got punished... Rather than coming together to find a solution that works for everybody now it's ok to mock other people...ok...

I'm cutting and pasting this from Cerberus369616 on reddit because it's a great idea and would have taken care of ganging up on Jason and left combat alone. Literally, a Jason player could induce rage for a limited time once or twice a match to mitigate gang raping him. Anyway, I think it's an interesting idea.

I think "nerfing Rage" would be best, and Maybe not flares since I think refocusing them on their original power of marking jason is good but Fireworks for sure should stun in rage still. Shotgun shells as a skill or findable item would be good too.

Other Rage "nerfs" that could work are making it a useable power, one use. It fills up the same but instead of just activating and staying on make it so Jason chooses when he pops it so he can still leverage it unlike it being semi random but it only lasts for 1-2 minutes and then he loses it for the rest of the match. or maybe he can build it up multiple times but it only lasts 30 seconds. It would add some good mind games for counselors who like to fight. If you've been beating on him for awhile is it worth it to engage cause he might pop his rage and end you. Even something as simple as a 30% nerf to rage build up so he gets it around 11-14 rather than the 8-10 minute range would work.

It would kinda be pretty cool if you were in combat with Jason, and then all of the sudden the red mask and laugh pops up, and you know you better get out of there.

4 hours ago, NightofthePodcast said:

I haven't played the new patch, but it sounds like it's back to being better again. I feel Jason should be OP. For me, it should be more challenging trying to survive/escape than it is to kill someone. The game is about teamwork on the part of counselors. Working together to accomplish an escape or offing Jason.

It is more challenging to play against Jason, but a little easier to escape (at least last night it was) Because nearly every counselor last night was working objectives, after they had encountered rage Jason solo some players got scared and changed tactics to fix first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

And there only seems to be about six or so people defending your stance. Why do you have to undermine people just because they don't want to play like you do. He might troll, might not, I don't know. What I do know is I don't troll, and I don't like nullifying combat in the last half of the game. It's fine because when all you have are lobbies of Vanessas beating the shit out of you first half of the match, then disconnecting just to troll you for real. We will see how you feel.

My point was that you are in a minority, the huge spike of people who have been playing online since this patch will say otherwise. Fact  is, the game is changed,  if you like playing it you will adapt, I personally like this change, for me it was boring being a counselor,  much to easy to escape and beat on Jason , now when I play I know I only have a certain amount of time to do objectives(something a majority of the people who don’t like this patch probably don’t do) if not I know it’s going to be hard, and I like things being hard.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

My point was that you are in a minority, the huge spike of people who have been playing online since this patch will say otherwise. Fact  is, the game is changed,  if you like playing it you will adapt, I personally like this change, for me it was boring being a counselor,  much to easy to escape and beat on Jason , now when I play I know I only have a certain amount of time to do objectives(something a majority of the people who don’t like this patch probably don’t do) if not I know it’s going to be hard, and I like things being hard.

Go to the reddit forum. You're wrong.

Or this...

Make the rage mechanic something similar to for-honor's revenge system, where the more hits you take from different people in a certain amount of time, the more it fills up your rage meter. The more people around you and hitting you? The faster it fills up. At which point, it would get you a temporary unstunnable state, which the players would be able to see, that would also decay as groups dispersed/stopped attacking or when Jason gets a kill. This would make rage a far more dynamic system, specifically designed to deter ganging up on Jason as a group without completely eliminating or punishing coordinated plays.

3 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Untrue, the main complaints are coming from the more experienced players as opposed to lots of casual gamers who may not even play the game more than once per week.

In any case a patch which hurts a part of the player base should be revoked until better solutions are found

4 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Go to the reddit forum. You're wrong.

Isn’t reddit supposed to be a vile hive of the world’s most wretched? Every time I stumble upon one of those feeds by accident it is always filled with hostile, lost souls. 

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Isn’t reddit supposed to be a vile hive of the world’s most wretched? Every time I stumble upon one of those feeds by accident it is always filled with hostile, lost souls. 

You're thinking 4chan. There is an offical reddit community for f13.

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Anyone who uses Reddit as a source to try to win an argument instantly forfeits the chance to win that argument. I'm surprised a poll hasn't been created here yet.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

Anyone who uses Reddit as a source to try to win an argument instantly forfeits the chance to win that argument. I'm surprised a poll hasn't been created here yet.

Did you read what I posted. It's not winning anything. They were suggestions some people made. I'm sorry if you can't get along with F13's official reddit community. I visit both, and have since the game was released.

Just now, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Did you read what I posted. It's not winning anything. They were suggestions some people made. I'm sorry if you can't get along with F13's official reddit community. I visit both, and have since the game was released.

Everyone I play with(and we're all veterans of the game since near launch) is raving about the latest changes and I agree with them and I'm a counselor main. You want to survive? Get out before Jason gets rage. After that, may the odds be ever in your favor(wrong franchise!)

• Like 1

For me the patch is fine. I was not one of those who stunned Janson. If you find the quick fuse, the rest is easy to know where to install it. 10 minutes is enough. I just feel sorry for those who bought the dances to make fun of janson when they sent him stunned hahaha money thrown in the trash.jajaja  .sorry if my english is not good. salutes from argentina

• Like 1

5 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Just did it last night repeatedly, sweet cakes. The easiest place to do it is around the spiral stairs in Higgin's Haven. I've been bitching about them fixing it for a while now. I can run out a Jason with Adam and no stamina perks around those steps almost every time except for a sometimes lucky shift.

I main Adam, so I know that isn’t true. You can do it for a few loops but then you’d have to jump out a window to regain some stamina for a few seconds. No way you could do it for five minutes unless Jason is giving you rest breaks.