xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

5 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I dont know why they keep focusing the conversation on killing Jason. No one in this thread has a gripe about that except for the falling to the knees bug. People want to be able to use melee weapons in the second half of the game that have some effect. Stop talking about killing Jason like that is what people's intent is. It's very simple. People want to be able to fight and escape.

I think that got in because of the Jason hunting parties that are out there. you like to fight and survive, some like to fight and kill. Others like to run and stay away form Jason. Everyone has their own play style. Some have been effected by this patch while others haven't. Like any other previous patch, good players will adjust and be just fine.

44 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Also, standing face to face with Jason and having the upper hand is not how the game was designed. The main win condition was always survive or escape with killing Jason an "S Rank" of sorts. Facing Jason is supposed to be tough, not a whack and watch him lay down then whack him again.

Those sneak hits are not gone. They are just in early game while you prepare for the escape/survive/kill. Use those hits wisely and your squad will be escaping pretty regularly before he sees Rage.

"having the upper hand" only applied to Jasons who were not good or new. It limits the skill involved as being Jason. It makes it easy to win as Jason. If you are good as Jason you will ALWAYS WIN.

"Use those hits wisely" does NOT apply anymore with the update. Jason will just keep coming and coming. weapons will break ridiculously fast. Jason does not have to be good he just has to keep coming and coming and he will win. good Jasons place traps and throw knives and shift grab and shift slash and counter slash and counter grab. You already limited meds and pocket knives. 

Anyone who defends the update is trying to defend it by saying that it is "harder' to win now and its still possible to win as a counselor. 

You all are wrong.

anyone who isnt a noob and playing as Jason WILL ALWAYS WIN. believe me. very good Jasons are not going to lose. even just somewhat decent Jasons will win. the relentless dumb ones are ALWAYS going to win

26 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I dont know why they keep focusing the conversation on killing Jason. No one in this thread has a gripe about that except for the falling to the knees bug. People want to be able to use melee weapons in the second half of the game that have some effect. Stop talking about killing Jason like that is what people's intent is. It's very simple. People want to be able to fight and escape.

even if killing Jason is an intent so what? its a game not a movie.

A Jason talks shit on mic. He doesn't deserve to die?

A Jason is a teamer who helps his buddy win. He doesnt deserve to die?

19 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Do it in the first 10 minutes.

I watched a group of 4 do it this morning. Jason had killed 2, myself and another got out in the 2 seater, the other 4 had called the cops and carefully made their way to the exit and successfully defended for the last minute and then escaped. 

I don't get why everyone is so determined to do this the entire match other than the explanation that they're just trolling Jason. 

Players who want to be able do this the entire match also have a tendency to hold the game hostage for the players who have either died or escaped. It's a mechanic that was thorn in more than Jason's side. Glad they've corrected it.

then that Jason was crap. experienced Jasons will win easy no matter what trust me

19 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I think that got in because of the Jason hunting parties that are out there. you like to fight and survive, some like to fight and kill. Others like to run and stay away form Jason. Everyone has their own play style. Some have been effected by this patch while others haven't. Like any other previous patch, good players will adjust and be just fine.

wrong. It can't  be adjusted to. Have fun killing crap noob players who only bought the game when it was given away for FREE

1 minute ago, Jen901 said:

wrong. It can't  be adjusted to. Have fun killing crap noob players who only bought the game when it was given away for FREE

I like many others have adjusted to the many Jason nerfs the last year+ of patches. Im pretty sure your fellow counselor can do the same with this 1 buff. I already did last night. escaped about 50% of the time in a pretty good party, so not sure what i was doing right since this is supposed to be impossible...

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

It just means cheap, overused tactics are less likely to work, an example being when you hide behind a door for him to rage through so you can bat stun him. For players like me, that wouldn't work anyway because I combat stance block around blind corners indoors and used to chop doors down when I knew someone was behind them instead of raging through them. Now you need a trap, a gun or a knife which are 3 things that would realistically slow him down.

Waiting on the other side of a door or around a corner isn't a cheap tactic. It's a valid defense strategy, and it takes both Jason and Counselor skill to navigate because it creates a moment of confrontation. You said it yourself, you devised a tactic to deal with it. Even with a tactic, I still get and receive surprise hits. That IS multiplayer. The other comment is to rush to get all the objectives done in 10 minutes. Well, it does happen quite often. The point is, however, if everything needs to be done and players escaped within 10 minutes, then just end the game at 10 minutes. The last part of the game should not be a sloppy bucket clean up. It should be the last two or three counselors fighting for their lives or win, whatever. If that means running house to house. Fine. If that means melee fighting, fine. It should be up to the surviving counselors at that point. Jason should have gotten rid of them. He shouldn't get rewarded with invulnerability for being sloppy the entire game.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

I’ve seen many Jason’s killed this patch. Sure it was prior rage, but any half decent player will adapt regardless if he’s in Rage or not.

my survival as a counselor is about the same. Now I just need to work a little bit harder to survive.

heck the other night I was landing hits on Rage Jason just to boost my stamina, and escape to the cops.

Jason needs to be op, and I hope this is the first of many new buffs they give Jason. That’s my opinion as a counselor, I don’t want to escape or kill Jason every game. I want a challenge. 

Keep the buffs coming Gun.

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

Even this falls short if things are getting technical. Jason doesn't even gain stun immunity. He can still be stunned with shotguns, bear traps, unmasking, and pocket knives. All of these provide counselors the opportunity create distance or heal if needed. Once the bug is corrected, he can still be killed.

In all honesty the only thing this does is require better strategy and cooperation for groups that are Hell bent on killing him. 

Even as I'm writing this I'm honestly starting to think that the tantrums being thrown over the change are because of two things:

A. Players want to be able to beat on Jason all match.

B. Players want it to be EASY to kill Jason.

Stun immunity to melee weapons then, if you want to be extra specific about it, lol. I do agree with your post, just having fun at your getting technical of my choice of words after I got technical with new guy. Really need more likes per day. (Edit - to give but I appreciate the support fellow campers, 💜.)

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

I tried to answer as many topics, even if not answering each individual comment. I'll be back with another post in here as I see more piling up. Let's keep the convo civil and keep in mind, we can keep tuning, but the design is not and never was about a Jason hunting sim. This is a character to strike fear in players, not be beat on with sticks and inevitably killed match after match. Rage changes are a ratcheting up of those aspects.

Thanks, you did good job summing up the Pubs/Devs stance on the matter. I do think Firecrackers should be reconsidered but I’m sure you saw how many of us think this, but wanted to bring it up anyway.

(You’ve stolen my Gold but I’ll get it back, ya wee bastard)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

We didn't remove combat, we simply made late game combat more difficult. It was never the intention to have a Jason kill every match. The game was designed so that actually killing Jason would be rare, and extremely difficult, hence the chain of actions required. We also wanted to remove the light hearted Jason beat em up party and create a sense of urgency to the tasks counselors face at the start of the match. 

1v1 with stuns is a frustrating aspect of the game, as you well know. Players could stun, dance, then stun again and we have a scenario of a supposedly brutal and lethal killer being a punching bag. That's not intended. 

Combat against Jason should be escape based. And in early game, now it is. Save those hits and stuns for when you need them and focus on the repair parts, the pocket knives, etc. to prep for the match.

T

Hi Matt thank you for the reply.

This is my argument: nobody denies Jason needed some improvements that's fine, if you want to add a challenge that's good. Invulnerability is not a good fix.

You may say combat is not gone: after lots of matches with the new patch I can assure you it is, the time and effort some of us put into learning how to fight is now hugely diminished.

1v1 with Jason have always been a LOSS for counselors granted a similar combat skill level. If an expert fighter meets a bad Jason the fighter will win as it is correct because the skill gap is huge. Good Jasons were already wiping out good counselors.

What the invulnerability does is to hurt and punish a part of your fanbase how is that good?

As for the killing Jason part: yes it is possible to do so even now, BUT it does require luck not skill. I have managed to kill Jason once since the update and he went into rage with Tommy's kneeling blow, he still kneeled and died but this was a simple strike of luck.

I simply think that since this patch has a major flow in the inability to kill rage Jason, and the invulnerability is controversial (in the sense that is causing disagreement) I reckon the patch should be suspended until the bug is corrected and a different Jason buff is found.

Thank you again for your response

It's nice to see that we still have rainbow, glitter blood in Pinehurst's main cabin and purple, glitter, Savini Jason and every other texture mix up Jason still in the game. None of that breaks the feel of the game.

34 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

Anyone who defends the update is trying to defend it by saying that it is "harder' to win now and its still possible to win as a counselor. 

You all are wrong.

the relentless dumb ones are ALWAYS going to win

A Jason is a teamer who helps his buddy win. He doesnt deserve to die?

Didn't care about the rest of the fluff as this is all I'm addressing. 

No one is wrong that it is harder to win now and it's still possible.  The first 11ish minutes of a match is the same cake walk it always was if you don't decide to play pinata party.  You can get both cars fixed, you can get the cops called, you can get the boat going and you can kill Jason just the same today as it was 2 days ago.  Once Jason gets rage though, you can still survive it's just much much harder to pull off and nigh impossible in a 1v1 unless the cops have already been called and you're just kiting your way to the exit.

Relentless dumb ones will always lose.  A dumb Jason does no objective control so everything is going to be going on in the first 5 minutes of the match.  A dumb Jason has everyone escape on him in 5-8 minutes or they have him killed...whichever. 

You should never kill a Jason who is using teamers to begin with.  They're gonna be all over you and Jason as you're trying to kill him and all they need to do is hit Jason and screw up the whole kill sequence.  Seen it quite a few times.

@x OLd ScRatCh x I don't mean cheap as in trashy, I mean it gets to be cheap when it's done over and over again. If Jason was chasing Vanessa for example or Tommy who have very high stamina and speed and they just kept doing the same thing for every door Jason goes to, then it's a bit cheap. Granted that experienced Jasons will see it coming but with this rage buff, it's one less of the large variety of tricks counselors can pull to endlessly keep Jason at bay. There comes a point where you can't keep doing it over and over and there'd be little use for raging through doors as Jason if he just got stunned every time. He should be protected whilst using it, otherwise what's the point in ever doing so?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

@x OLd ScRatCh x I don't mean cheap as in trashy, I mean it gets to be cheap when it's done over and over again. If Jason was chasing Vanessa for example or Tommy who have very high stamina and speed and they just kept doing the same thing for every door Jason goes to, then it's a bit cheap. Granted that experienced Jasons will see it coming but with this rage buff, it's one less of the large variety of tricks counselors can pull to endlessly keep Jason at bay. There comes a point where you can't keep doing it over and over and there'd be little use for raging through doors as Jason if he just got stunned every time. He should be protected whilst using it, otherwise what's the point in ever doing so?

And, a large number of us asked for this change prior to the patch. 

Raging through a door should cause fear and panic, not a snicker and a smile because you have a free stun - I believe the wording was something similar to this actually when it was suggested. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Ooh please.

Good luck running around a table in the last 10 minutes of the game..  When you no longer can stun Jason, gain stamina for the hit, heal and run away again while Jason is just laying all limp due to a stun.

Those days are oooooovvveeerr..lol

So is the game since literally no one likes the change, but you of course.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Hi Matt thank you for the reply.

This is my argument: nobody denies Jason needed some improvements that's fine, if you want to add a challenge that's good. Invulnerability is not a good fix.

You may say combat is not gone: after lots of matches with the new patch I can assure you it is, the time and effort some of us put into learning how to fight is now hugely diminished.

1v1 with Jason have always been a LOSS for counselors granted a similar combat skill level. If an expert fighter meets a bad Jason the fighter will win as it is correct because the skill gap is huge. Good Jasons were already wiping out good counselors.

What the invulnerability does is to hurt and punish a part of your fanbase how is that good?

As for the killing Jason part: yes it is possible to do so even now, BUT it does require luck not skill. I have managed to kill Jason once since the update and he went into rage with Tommy's kneeling blow, he still kneeled and died but this was a simple strike of luck.

I simply think that since this patch has a major flow in the inability to kill rage Jason, and the invulnerability is controversial (in the sense that is causing disagreement) I reckon the patch should be suspended until the bug is corrected and a different Jason buff is found.

Thank you again for your response

Look I appreciate you manners but politely asking them to suspend the patch rubs me the wrong way. Your argument becomes hypocritical at that point, get rid of it because it makes players mad but suspending it would make even more of them mad. 

You have an expectation of it being possible to 1v1 him the whole match, that has changed or wasn’t even true to begin with based on your own statements of ‘one mistake’, now you have to fight him only if you need to, say while someone fixes an objective. If you just want to fight him then Matt made it pretty clear that isn’t the pubs/devs intent. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I agree with raging through doors. There should be s short moment of invulnerability. At least enough to get a swing across. I tend to hide around corners, not necessarily barricaded doors. For instance, and I'm giving this away, but I sometimes hide in front of the bathroom doorway in Pinehurst at the top of the steps and nail Jason on his way up. There is enough room in the hall doorway to get around him being stunned there. Also, there are no windows to jump out of on the top floor of Pinehurt, so really, that is your only option to kite. I was just thinking on this while I was playing right now. On the other side of the main cabin at Pinehurst, I lock the doors and open the windows and wait to see if Jason searches me out. Pre patch, I had two options post rage. One, I could hide by the door and smack with a bat, then go through a window and make my way up to the barn because I bought a little more time with the stun, or, I could just wait by the window until Jason rages through and go out the window and have to make my way back inside the main cabin.

In other words, pre-patch rage, I had two options. Post-patch rage, one. It's just unnecessary when they could have just dropped the percentages of stun per weapon or something similar. Serioiusly. When Jason gets rage, just make all the weapons except the shot gun and axe disappear. And I will tell you exactly what is going to happen. After about a month, the forums will be flooded with there aren't enough shot gun spawns. Do something!

55 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Do it in the first 10 minutes.

I watched a group of 4 do it this morning. Jason had killed 2, myself and another got out in the 2 seater, the other 4 had called the cops and carefully made their way to the exit and successfully defended for the last minute and then escaped. 

I don't get why everyone is so determined to do this the entire match other than the explanation that they're just trolling Jason. 

Players who want to be able do this the entire match also have a tendency to hold the game hostage for the players who have either died or escaped. It's a mechanic that was thorn in more than Jason's side. Glad they've corrected it.

That's not always possible, though. There's a point in every match where escape is simply no longer an option because there's only one or two counselors left, one or both is not a repair character, objectives have not been completed for one reason or another, and Jason has locked on to the final survivors.

Last night I got randomized into a match as Buggzy. I did what I was supposed to do, finding parts and running them, fixing what I could when no one else was around, looking for avenues of escape. Well, it didn't matter. Seven or eight minutes into the match, I was the only one left and Jason was chasing me from cabin to cabin in the four cabins clustered together in the northeast corner of the Higgins Haven map.
He wiped the rest of the lobby before the cops got called or the car got put together. The boat was started, but how am I supposed to outrun him to the other side of the map when he's in Rage? And even if I make it, how far am I getting before he catches the boat in the middle of the lake?
I was able to kite him for a few minutes (I had three sprays, so I was able to lure him deep into cabins and jump through some windows), but he did a good job of keeping up the pressure. Two seconds after I got in or out of a cabin he was busting through the door or shifting after me. I finally got cornered in the back of a cabin and he got me. I can survive that scenario for a few minutes, and did pretty well this time, but having to do it for at least 8-10 minutes? That's crazy. More power to you if you can manage that, but 95 percent of the people who play this game can't.
As much as I hate getting kited and stunned, it's a valuable -- maybe even essential -- game mechanic for those endgame 1-on-1 scenarios. Counselors need those precious couple of seconds to recover stamina, gain some distance and plan the next move. Without it, there's not much strategy. You're just running around like a chicken with your head cut off.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SirMang said:

And, a large number of us asked for this change prior to the patch. 

Raging through a door should cause fear and panic, not a snicker and a smile because you have a free stun - I believe the wording was something similar to this actually when it was suggested. 

That is the best part about this patch. Jason was vulnerable for too long before being able to switch to combat stance to pull up block. Hence why months ago people stopped using rage through most doors.

I am extremely happy this patch puts an end to most Jason killing parties, but I think it doesn't address some of the other issues. Everyone that favors this patch says the same thing: "you can still have a pinata party in the first 10 minutes, or escape easily". So what is it actually addressing other than cheap stuns?

Its a great step in the right direction, but I still think the balance is off. 

Now its first half: counselor favored. Second half: all mama's boy.

If you play a match where someone is running off by themselves and have car keys or phone fuse, then the match is almost an automatic death for you if they survive 8 minutes. That happened to me a few times last night. Searching everywhere for what was needed for objectives, only to find second or thrid to last person had the objective items and ran across the map with them. No way can you cross the map to pick it up, put the fuse in, call, and survive 5 minutes without being able to stun him with a bat or other melee weapons. That is where I think its a bit lacking. 

This doesn't balance the overall game and as you guys are pointing out, doesn't really increase that fear either. Just puts pressure on beginning of matches. So now counselors rush and leave most doors open. It now penalizes you for having new players or weak players in the lobby instead. 

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Look I appreciate you manners but politely asking them to suspend the patch rubs me the wrong way. Your argument becomes hypocritical at that point, get rid of it because it makes players mad but suspending it would make even more of them mad. 

You have an expectation of it being possible to 1v1 him the whole match, that has changed or wasn’t even true to begin with based on your own statements of ‘one mistake’, now you have to fight him only if you need to, say while someone fixes an objective. If you just want to fight him then Matt made it pretty clear that isn’t the pubs/devs intent. 

Hi Slasher, thank you for your input.

I never said I am not happy with Jason besting me in 1v1, that's fine AS LONG AS I HAVE  a chance to fight back like it was around launch.

Jason was scary but he was not invulnerable, the difference is massive.

And I don't think it is the job of the devs to tell me how to play a game as long as I play it legally without using cheats or exploits, which I obviously do not. I am using elements of the game which are designed to work. 

Removing a loved feature is controversial and maybe there better solutions

1 minute ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I agree with raging through doors. There should be s short moment of invulnerability. At least enough to get a swing across. I tend to hide around corners, not necessarily barricaded doors. For instance, and I'm giving this away, but I sometimes hide in front of the bathroom doorway in Pinehurst at the top of the steps and nail Jason on his way up. There is enough room in the hall doorway to get around him being stunned there. Also, there is no windows to jump out of on the top floor of Pinehurt, so really, that is your only option to kite. I was just thinking on this while I was playing right now. On the other side of the main cabin at Pinehurst, I lock the doors and open the windows and wait to see if Jason searches me out. Pre patch, I had two options post rage. One, I could hide by the door and smack with a bat, then go through a window and make my way up to the barn because I bought a little more time with the stun, or, I could just wait by the window until Jason rages through and go out the window and have to make my way back inside the main cabin.

In other words, pre-patch rage, I had two options. Post-patch rage, one. It's just unnecessary when they could have just dropped the percentages of stun per weapon or something similar. Serioiusly. When Jason gets rage, just make all the weapons except the shot gun and axe disappear.

Wait so let me get this straight something that happens in the second half of the map is preventing you from doing the exact same thing you did before at the start of the map? I don’t think that’s how time works. If this is your strategy for looping the last half, rather than for escaping the main house at the beginning, I don’t feel bad at all the patch has limited its effectiveness. Pinehurst has about a dozen good spots to lose or sneak by Jason without needing to stun him. Try crouching in the kitchen loop, or opening every door but one on the top floor when Jason goes in one room (normally the closed one) you just slip out behind him. 

The rest of your statement is wishful thinking or delusional, weapons are for freeing people in the late game. They don’t disappear and they do serve a purpose.

21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Wait so let me get this straight something that happens in the second half of the map is preventing you from doing the exact same thing you did before at the start of the map? I don’t think that’s how time works. If this is your strategy for looping the last half, rather than for escaping the main house at the beginning, I don’t feel bad at all the patch has limited its effectiveness. Pinehurst has about a dozen good spots to lose or sneak by Jason without needing to stun him. Try crouching in the kitchen loop, or opening every door but one on the top floor when Jason goes in one room (normally the closed one) you just slip out behind him. 

The rest of your statement is wishful thinking or delusional, weapons are for freeing people in the late game. They don’t disappear and they do serve a purpose.

wrong.

You just saying pinehurst is good for counselors. lol

If anything that map is too big and a BENEFIT for Jason.

If a Jason is good he is always going to win.

Anyone here who is saying they "escaped 5 times" bla bla is either lying or played crap Jasons.

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I may not have explained it well, but pre patch, it doesn't matter post rage or not. It's still the same scenario. Post patch, the option is to run. You could still hit Jason, I suppose, for stamina, but I guess the chance is greater of getting grabbed. As far as delusional, I do hide in the kitchen sometimes. I also hide next to a lamp by a window on the bottom floor. I hide behind open doors all the time. I did it last night, and now all a post rage Jason needs to do is grab you. There is no fight back.

Please don't call me delusional.

3 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

That's not always possible, though. There's a point in every match where escape is simply no longer an option because there's only one or two counselors left, one or both is not a repair character, objectives have not been completed for one reason or another, and Jason has locked on to the final survivors.

Exactly. It's not always possible, but it's possible. This is where players will have to adapt. Coordinate. Work together. Sometimes you get out, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you'll wipe the lobby, sometimes you won't. 

I got to play as Jason this morning and went 4/7 in a match. You know who escaped? 2 Vanessa and 1 Buggsy. They repaired the two cars themselves. They worked together. Used their pocket knives to disarm my traps. Did perfect skill checks.

Kudos to them. 

Being a Jason main, I'm going to have adjust with the change. I'm seeing a huge bump in counselor efforts to escape. I forgot what that was like because in all honesty, Jason has a lot to juggle if counselors are playing well. And as a counselor I'm completing objectives at the same time others are. I'm about to start a car and the cops are called, Jason heads that way using Morph, I'm out.

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

weapons are for freeing people in the late game. They don’t disappear and they do serve a purpose.

Agree in theory, doesn't work in reality.

Say you're AJ and you're with a Vanessa who has a bat.  The two of you are sauntering down the main road in unison for protection purposes to get to the cops.  I obviously have Rage, it's late game.  I grab you, Vanessa hits me and I drop you and shrug the bat off.  I just grab you again, we repeat that bat process and I drop you.  I grab you right away again...you see where I'm going with this.  

At the end of it you're dead as Vanessa's bat is now broken and I just shift grab and kill Vanessa who now has no weapon. 

Just now, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I may not have explained it well, but pre patch, it doesn't matter post rage or not. It's still the same scenario. Post patch, the option is to run. You could still hit Jason, I suppose, for stamina, but I guess the chance is greater of getting grabbed. As far as delusional, I do hide in the kitchen sometimes. I also hide next to a lamp by a window on the bottom floor. I hide behind open doors all the time. I did it last night, and now all a post rage Jason needs to do is grab you. There is no fight back.

Please don't call me delusional.

Sorry brother, that was a bit rude of me, I’m a recovering asshole. 

I’m just trying to point out that your strategies don’t actually require you to hit Jason, just out play him.

2 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

What you mean to say are lvl 150's that backed the game from the beginning. You know, the ones who put up the money to create the game you want them to leave. If ever there was a troll comment, this is the one.

I am a level 150 and am also a kickstart backer,  and the game I was sold was a game where the devs said that Jason was going to be very OP, in which he was at launch, he  has been nerfed in one way or another in EVERY single patch except ONE where he got a speed minimal  increase(which was taken away without being mentioned)  Thos game became a stun dance party for trolls, now Jason is feared again , like he should be, il,take it anyway they give it. 

Lets be real.... Jason has been a joke for a long time,  the only thing that has changed before he hits rage is his damage to more than one counselor in a group,  If. Knocking jason on his butt and dancing for  20 minutes  is your thing(I’m speaking in general) you can do it, but only for 10 minutes, I’m personally glad Jason is feared again.