xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

i think its 6 hours from now. better be something good like fixing matchmaking, fixing bugs and not introducing 12 new bugs like always. im afraid that this patch might kill the game.

edit

i mean info about patch, not patch itself.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:10 PM, Vigorowicz said:

i think its 6 hours from now. better be something good like fixing matchmaking, fixing bugs and not introducing 12 new bugs like always. im afraid that this patch might kill the game.

edit

i mean info about patch, not patch itself.

Be positive ! :)

We are lucky that we can interact so openly with the developers. :)

Edit: by interact I mean exchanging ideas of course. :o

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Good initiative, I hope we can see the video for those who are not present. 😉

There should be more options for the counsellors to play the stealth and to escape while Jason should be a bigger threat to avoid the pinata party.

8 hours ago, KenshiroHNK said:

In how many hours the patch will be released ?

I believe it's just a stream talking about the next patch. Not the patch itself.  @mattshotcha can you confirm or deny that? 

34 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I believe it's just a stream talking about the next patch. Not the patch itself.  @mattshotcha can you confirm or deny that? 

We'll have a live date for the patch. 

Hint: It's sooner than you think.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I hoped it would be tonight . ^^

I'm really curious to know the content of the new patch. 😛

42 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Lol got it. Patch is live after stream. 

2 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

where will be the stream ?

Their twitch channel. At 3 p.m. est. Matt made a post with a link to twitch in another area of the forums.

I went and looked. It's under the news section at the top of the forum sections. 

22 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Their twitch channel. At 3 p.m. est. Matt made a post with a link to twitch in another area of the forums.

I went and looked. It's under the news section at the top of the forum sections. 

17 hours ago, DasMurich said:

They'll be rendering stuns useless. 

ee30a9765f01aeb93609d720a77f18cf9158e26d

Holy shit I was actually right! Once Jason is enraged the only thing that can stun him is shotguns, the sweater, or bear traps! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Holy shit I was actually right! Once Jason is enraged the only thing that can stun him is shotguns, the sweater, or bear traps! 

Well that sounds aweful. What about flares and crackers? Also does that mean he's unkillable in rage?

22 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Well that sounds aweful. What about flares and crackers? Also does that mean he's unkillable in rage?

Nothing stuns him. Pocket knives still force him to drop you and that animation runs while he pulls it out. But once raged basically nothing will stun him. He can still be killed, it doesn't effect that sequence. 

I think it's great. If players want to just beat on him it'll be at their own peril. 

His weapon swing will now hit multiple counselors as well. So if they group up everyone he hits is taking damage, not just the first one it connects with.

And I just realized when you hit rage and are chasing those last couple counselors you'll be able to just rage through the doors and walls without constantly being stunned by them waiting there with a wrench. 

• Like 4

@DasMurich I 100% agree with the weapon damage arc. I disagree with the no stuns while in rage. Reducing the chance of being stunned would have been fine. Completely removing it is a bad idea to me.

• Like 2

Interestingly there was a concern that teamers will deliberately target Jason to enrage him, this was dismissed as ineffective because weapons break.

Then, during the game play session the same staffer remarked that QA purposefully wailed on Jason to enrage him... what? So why won't teamers be loving this again?

• Thanks 1

I think it sounds great. Making post rage Jason an even bigger threat is super exciting. I can't wait to actually fear Jason again.

I'm pretty excited about these changes. It will be interesting to see what real-world effect they have, though. It may not have much impact on the early game.

• Like 1