xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

14 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

"just" harder. I like how you try to understate points you dont want to make because you are on the side of making Jason as godlike as you can in the game.

No understatement necessary. I've been playing since the December 2016 beta, I've extensively played both Jason and counselors and have adapted to every patch.

Go and read the forum rules like I mentioned in the other thread you started.

13 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

You keep saying this, but it's not true. Not everyone who likes the option of combat available in the game is a Jason hunter. You know as well as everyone else, Jason being killed is not the issue, well, it is only in the respect that he can't be brought to his knees in rage mode right now, but that's not the point. My point is that there is no more hiding behind doors or around corners at the end of a match to be able to hit Jason, cause a brief stun, then run and hide somewhere else again, and start hide and seek over again. And that really is part of the fun for me, personally. Speaking of hiding spots, you know why people hardly ever hide under beds or in closets? It's because they have been nerfed since the release of the game. Hiding in a closet or under a bed is a death sentence, pure and simple. How it should be is that if you are hiding in a cabin, the cabin should light up red, but breathing and counselor speaking while hiding shouldn't happen. It literally ruins the point. It may be a little more frustrating for Jason, but Jason should have to hunt down hiding counselors in cabins. This is why people hide around cabins in the dark. Which I see nothing wrong with either. The devs took copious amounts of time putting things in corners of cabins to keep counselors from hiding. Why? Why? Why?

Constantly stunning him at the end of a match to run the timer down isn't in the spirit of the game. As the movies used to draw to a close, there were only a few people left alive (usually just 1 or 2), and now that Jason has rage it's likely that this will be the case in a lot of matches.

Hiding spots work far more effectively if you hide in decent spots and don't get seen by Jason when trying to use them. They also work better when you only use the hold breath option when your fear is super high; it's only useful for silencing yourself when your counselor starts speaking when they're afraid. Holding your breath just because he's nearby will get you killed. Also, hiding in them before he gets rage means that the cabin won't glow red.

My question to you is why are you choosing to ignore the other 3 methods of winning? Why is combat your only choice? Why aren't you trying to escape sooner?

@nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co, I don't think you're a troll (or at least not right now, hard to say in 1 day or less) but personally I'd say you're putting too many eggs in the 'fight Jason' basket.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Yep mortal combat 10, I have it and suggest people who want to fight Jason buy it, but I warn you... if you play against a good player you will die much faster in that game then you will in this one.

I prefer to hide and escape in Friday 13th but  I can't in Mortal Kombat. I have it too by the way. ^^

6 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

No understatement necessary. I've been playing since the December 2016 beta, I've extensively played both Jason and counselors and have adapted to every patch.

Go and read the forum rules like I mentioned in the other thread you started.

Constantly stunning him at the end of a match to run the timer down isn't in the spirit of the game. As the movies used to draw to a close, there were only a few people left alive (usually just 1 or 2), and now that Jason has rage it's likely that this will be the case in a lot of matches.

Hiding spots work far more effectively if you hide in decent spots and don't get seen by Jason when trying to use them. They also work better when you only use the hold breath option when your fear is super high; it's only useful for silencing yourself when your counselor starts speaking when they're afraid. Holding your breath just because he's nearby will get you killed. Also, hiding in them before he gets rage means that the cabin won't glow red.

My question to you is why are you choosing to ignore the other 3 methods of winning? Why is combat your only choice? Why aren't you trying to escape sooner?

@nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co, I don't think you're a troll (or at least not right now, hard to say in 1 day or less) but personally I'd say you're putting too many eggs in the 'fight Jason' basket.

I hope I'm not being called a troll by a moderator. What is this one day or less comment mean?

9 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

thank you, exactly my point. This patch punishes some of the most dedicated players

@Kodiak I think from your words you are assuming I am a nasty exploiter... it is really not like that. By fighting Jason I help EVERYBODY to do their stuff and escape, because I end up keeping Jason busy for a good amount of time, how is that wrong? And again I never said I want Jason to be weak, I want Jason to be pwoerful but with a change of stunning him not an unstoppable tank

Everything that you write insinuates that you want and are used to Jason being weak get over it.

1 minute ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I hope I'm not being called a troll by a moderator.

Not the case, I'm asking why you hold combat with Jason in such high regard and choose to ignore the other ways of surviving. I was addressing Nicola with the 'I don't think you're a troll' comment because she/he mentioned that they thought that I thought they were a troll.

I hope I'm not being called a troll by a moderator. What is this one day or less comment?

He didn’t call you a troll, unless you’re admitting to meeting the description of a Troll in his previous post.

I would be the first one to call out a Mod if they engaged with the forum that way. 

24 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

"just" harder. I like how you try to understate points you dont want to make because you are on the side of making Jason as godlike as you can in the game.

Jason is supposed to be “godlike”..

14 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Not the case, I'm asking why you hold combat with Jason in such high regard and choose to ignore the other ways of surviving. I was addressing Nicola with the 'I don't think you're a troll' comment because she/he mentioned that they thought that I thought they were a troll.

I've explained my play style here...

I don't pursue only one way to play the game. In fact, I call Tommy, I fix the phones, I fix the cars and start them, and a lot of times I get out and let others escape in the car I just started. Escaping the match 5 minutes in is not fun. It means you have 15 minutes of sitting and reading your cell phone while other people play the game. No, the second half of the game was completely neutered for a lot of the player base.

Another poster said the update should make the games go faster, to which I agree, but I do like a decent chase, and removing combat during the chase ruins it for me. If I work to help get everyone off the board, then don't I deserve a little fun in the end?

My point is that there is no more hiding behind doors or around corners at the end of a match to be able to hit Jason, cause a brief stun, then run and hide somewhere else again, and start hide and seek over again. And that really is part of the fun for me, personally.

12 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

He didn’t call you a troll, unless you’re admitting to meeting the description of a Troll in his previous post.

I would be the first one to call out a Mod if they engaged with the forum that way. 

He clarified, and I appreciate it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

thank you, exactly my point. This patch punishes some of the most dedicated players

@Kodiak I think from your words you are assuming I am a nasty exploiter... it is really not like that. By fighting Jason I help EVERYBODY to do their stuff and escape, because I end up keeping Jason busy for a good amount of time, how is that wrong? And again I never said I want Jason to be weak, I want Jason to be pwoerful but with a change of stunning him not an unstoppable tank

guess what. somehow my post was magically deleted.

1 minute ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Exactly my point. Go play MK if you want to 1v1 Jason. 

I wish there was more options to hide like a ninja or trick Jason.

AJ Mason is my main counsellor by far so...

3 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

guess what. somehow my post was magically deleted.

Jen901, I've told you 3 times now to read the rules. Copy and pasting the same post 3 times in different threads doesn't mean I'll let it stay because it's somewhere it wasn't originally.

@x OLd ScRatCh x I see, and that's fair enough. Patches won't cater to everyone's tastes, it just means you'll have to find a shotgun, knife or trap or knock his mask off for a temporary stun if you like the final chase. 

1 minute ago, Jen901 said:

It couldnt be done already if a Jason was good. This closes any skill gap as being Jason and makes it so anyone who is decent will always win. What is the point? its boring to have it skewed like this

I have to admit. Last night I set my settings back to Jason and played quite a few matches. It was literally the laziest way I have ever played as Jason. Wiped up the lobbies with zero problem. And honestly, I'm a pretty humble person to say something like that.

12 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

Ok, you made me break out the Purple.

You've lost a dedicated group of 150s with the latest update. prove it, this is a claim to make your argument sound stronger but without proof meaningless.

It makes 1v1 first of all impossible if Jason is decent. All he has to do is just keep going after you without worrying about being stunned. Weapons will just break. As it should be, this is an Asymmetrical horror game, go look up Asymmetrical.

Some players WANT to fight Jason as part of their strategy. What if a counselor wants to fight Jason to protect others or to get other objectives done? Now you are being punished for fighting? That makes the game boring if you can't fight. What is the point of the game? Is it just going to be a dead by daylight clone now? That game is boring. You just have to be smart about it and only fight at the right times. Quality over quantity of hits, gets objectives done.

It's not like counselors were invincible before the update. Are you kidding? It takes ONE grab by Jason to kill a counselor who is alone! It's called SKILL. Jasons who keep being overly aggressive and just go forward and forward with no intelligence SHOULD be punished for not having a strategy. Jason wasn’t being punished for not having a strategy, he was just being punished.

JASONS ISNT REAL! the only ones on this forum who are going to suck up to the developers of the game are ones who are Jason fanboys. Get over it. its a video game it isnt real life. Yet here you are, get over it. Don’t be such a hypocrite.

You've lost about 15 150's I know with this update and that includes dedicated twitch streamers and ones who have been playing since day one good job. Second claim to reinforce the first claim, now with an estimate, still meaningless.

Only way to fix this:

invincible rage mode only activates after 15 or atleast 10 minutes. Anything. IT DOESNT TAKE THAT MUCH TO GET HIM INTO RAGE MODE

I'm not even mentioning that there were already pre patch teamers who help Jason and betray their own teammates. It goes both way with the "trolls" Jason fanboys Make friends and play PM.

Hope that wasn’t to harsh, I sometimes can’t tell. If it was I’m sorry.

Edit - Hey look your post will probably get to stay though, so there’s a silver lining.

1 minute ago, Jen901 said:

okay I'll switch it around. So what is wrong with combat? you say the other methods but why the hate on combat?

I agree, why can we not all have a patch who improves the quality of the game for everyone?

Rather than punishing a part of the player base just buff Jason up in a way that doesn't make combat skills worthless.

@Kodiak I understand your point about the eggs, but I am at a point after playing a game for a long time to find escaping not so exciting BUT facing Jason in 1v1 knowing that 1 mistake is all you need is very refreshing, and sometimes a stumble is all you need to die. This is way more interesting for me than escaping, which I did many times before

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

It couldnt be done already if a Jason was good. This closes any skill gap as being Jason and makes it so anyone who is decent will always win. What is the point? its boring to have it skewed like this

Fuck the skill gap.  This isn't a FIGHTING game.  Its boring to have a  game where Jason can be easily beaten on.     I want to fear Jason, not laugh at him, beat him silly and kill him.

Take your lvl 150 friends.. and hit the bricks.   The Beat on Jason Gravy Train show is over.

This is the JASON REVENGE Tour.

Infact, here's a video the devs delivering the latest patch update and how the real FANS of this game feel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you want to know why Gun didn't reveal the details of the update on the forum first like they have done in the past? It's because they knew they were going to piss off a good portion of the player base. They announced it on chat, and dropped it the next day. It's like saying, here you go. Too bad for you.

2 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Do you want to know why Gun didn't reveal the details of the update on the forum first like they have done in the past? It's because they knew they were going to piss off a good portion of the player base. They announced it on chat, and dropped it the next day. It's like saying, here you go. Too bad for you.

No more Jason Pinata. XD

2 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

No more Jason Pinata. XD

There were better ways to discourage Jason raping without going to extremes like has been done. They will tweek it, I'm sure. It will just take 9 months to do it.

Just now, KenshiroHNK said:

No more Jason Pinata. XD

Jasons Revenge Tour is REAL!

The lake is now officially filled with the tears of lvl 150 try hard Jason killers/Jason trolls.   

• Thanks 1

There were better ways to discourage Jason raping without going to extremes like has been done. They will tweek it, I'm sure. It will just take 9 months to do it.

You still can win.

You just have to avoid the Juggernaut at the end of the game too.

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The lake is now officially filled with the tears of lvl 150 try hard Jason killers/Jason trolls.   

What you mean to say are lvl 150's that backed the game from the beginning. You know, the ones who put up the money to create the game you want them to leave. If ever there was a troll comment, this is the one.

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I love it !

I will massacre a couple of those groups when I can.

Seriously you had those unskilled players sticking to Jason all the time with Chads fully equipped with sprays and shit.

There was no way you could win because with their speed, the Chads could easily outmanoeuvre you and land a good stunning blow.

It was shit, they profited of the flaws of the gameplay and now those useless trolls will suck it ! XD