xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Picking nits here, but “invincibility” is the wrong word. You most certainly can still win against him in a number of ways. Invulnerability does not equal Invincibility, and anyways he is still vulnerable to traps and guns so even calling him invulnerable is wrong. Simply put, stop making excuses. You know the new rules so stop doing things you know won’t work already. 

If we don't want to play by the "new rules" then what? I guess we will quit playing the game, and you can have it to yourself. Right? That's the answer. If we don't like it, suck it up buttercup?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Thank you for this! This is PRECISELY the point, people should NEVER be punished for their playstyle, as long as they are NOT cheating.

The patch needs to be suspended and Jason's buffs need to be carefully designed, invincibility is not a good option

You along with a bunch of others just joined this forum yesterday, just to complain , it’s obvious that you are one of the many people who just troll Jason , this game had been catered to people who like to kite Jason, and forget about playing the game the way it was designed to be played, and was played at launch. Fact is..... Jason was a wimp, he had been turned into a pathetic piñata,  He was just as Op at launch as he is now, the difference being his HP was higher, he didn’t get stunned as much, he could stack traps, could smash windows without waiting for a prompt (counselors now have a 3-4 second safety zone when climbing through) grab was good. It was made it even easier for counselors ,as they added  legendary perks, marking car parts ,  put that with all the exploits .....  Jason was neutered .....  all this could be avoided if they had just put Jason back to the way he was at launch,  So now they give Jason this buff instead,  I think they could have used  other ways to do it, but at this point I’ll take any Jason buff, Jason is supposed to be OP, people now have to,actually fix things to survive, if you want to fight go play mortal combat, the chain stun dance party is over for now. 

I think the issue we're seeing here is with a small minority who appear to be Jason hunters. Two of the four possible victory conditions have gotten harder, but there are still 2 other ways out. If escaping and surviving isn't good enough for you, then I have to ask: what's your problem? Why is escaping not an option for you?

What I think it is, is that the people who hunt Jason like to do so for bragging rights or self-appreciation. "I've defeated Jason X/Y/Z amount of times, therefore I am good". If you want to truly be a good player, then rescue everyone else and help them get some XP. Help the lower level players out by using your skills to fix a car and pick them up. If these players don't have fun doing that and only want to defeat Jason every round they play, then that's their problem and their selfishness should cause their demise if they screw up. Everyone else who's playing suffers because they refuse to assist in objectives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

If we don't want to play by the "new rules" then what? I guess we will quit playing the game, and you can have it to yourself. Right? That's the answer. If we don't like it, suck it up buttercup?

Pretty much. What else you gonna do? It is what it is. 

Just now, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

That's exactly what I did...

I was about to give up on this game.  But this update brought me back.

Its like a Jasons REVENGE TOUR 

So I had to come back for this.  This is glorious.    

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

If you're choosing to pursue only 1 of the 4 ways to win, then I'm afraid that the problem is with your view on the game. Ignoring 3 viable methods to win in favor of one unlikely one is your problem and I'd say it demonstrates a failure to adapt. If you enjoy the game then you'll enjoy finding new strategies to implement in an attempt to counter these new changes, but if you're quitting just because it's harder to kill Jason then I'm afraid it's just a case of tough luck. 

For anyone who's complaining about it, it's not impossible to kill Jason (well it may be currently due to a bug but won't be in future), it's just harder. If you can't deal with the increase in difficulty, then whose problem is it really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Kodiak said:

For anyone who's complaining about it, it's not impossible (well it may be currently due to a bug but won't be in future) to kill Jason, it's just harder. If you can't deal with the increase in difficulty, then whose problem is it really?

"just" harder. I like how you try to understate points you dont want to make because you are on the side of making Jason as godlike as you can in the game.

12 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I think the issue we're seeing here is with a small minority who appear to be Jason hunters. Two of the four possible victory conditions have gotten harder, but there are still 2 other ways out. If escaping and surviving isn't good enough for you, then I have to ask: what's your problem? Why is escaping not an option for you?

What I think it is, is that the people who hunt Jason like to do so for bragging rights or self-appreciation. "I've defeated Jason X/Y/Z amount of times, therefore I am good". If you want to truly be a good player, then rescue everyone else and help them get some XP. Help the lower level players out by using your skills to fix a car and pick them up. If these players don't have fun doing that and only want to defeat Jason every round they play, then that's their problem and their selfishness should cause their demise if they screw up.

You keep saying this, but it's not true. Not everyone who likes the option of combat available in the game is a Jason hunter. You know as well as everyone else, Jason being killed is not the issue, well, it is only in the respect that he can't be brought to his knees in rage mode right now, but that's not the point. My point is that there is no more hiding behind doors or around corners at the end of a match to be able to hit Jason, cause a brief stun, then run and hide somewhere else again, and start hide and seek over again. And that really is part of the fun for me, personally. Speaking of hiding spots, you know why people hardly ever hide under beds or in closets? It's because they have been nerfed since the release of the game. Hiding in a closet or under a bed is a death sentence, pure and simple. How it should be is that if you are hiding in a cabin, the cabin should light up red, but breathing and counselor speaking while hiding shouldn't happen. It literally ruins the point. It may be a little more frustrating for Jason, but Jason should have to hunt down hiding counselors in cabins. This is why people hide around cabins in the dark. Which I see nothing wrong with either. The devs took copious amounts of time putting things in corners of cabins to keep counselors from hiding. Why? Why? Why?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Why should someone stop doing something they enjoy? Who decides how the game is played?

There are 4 ways to win as a counselor:

1 escape by car/boat

2 escape with the police

3 survive the night (this can be achieved by either running and hiding or fighting)

4 defeat Jason

These are all legitimate ways to win, as long as you don't cheat, none of these options have moral superiority over the other ones.

If we actually go back to the source material, the movies, defeating Jason is the most used option to survive the night.

I respect your opinion and your desire to escape, removing Jason's invincibility doesn't stop you from doing that.

ADDING Jason's invincibility STOPS me from fighting, this is obviously unfair

@CountYorgaVampir  I understand your point, I am simply pointing out that this patch effectively stops me from enjoying my favourite game to which I dedicate daily hours of fun, and I don't think this is needed. Suspending the patch while looking for better options would be a much wiser option

Jason being a nerfed piñata effectively stopped me along with many others(see the 30 plus page topic Jason is weak) of having the fun we had at launch , I backed  this game(You didn’t it’s obvious) I played at launch(you obviously didn’t) I am a f13 movie nut(I can bet you aren’t ) for the most part this patch is only going to affect trolls who have ruined this game, I say good riddance. Suspending this patch? LOL!....... you must be a little kid..... well most trolls are LOL

8 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

You along with a bunch of others just joined this forum yesterday, just to complain , it’s obvious that you are one of the many people who just troll Jason , this game had been catered to people who like to kite Jason, and forget about playing the game the way it was designed to be played, and was played at launch. Fact is..... Jason was a wimp, he had been turned into a pathetic piñata,  He was just as Op at launch as he is now, the difference being his HP was higher, he didn’t get stunned as much, he could stack traps, could smash windows without waiting for a prompt (counselors now have a 3-4 second safety zone when climbing through) grab was good. It was made it even easier for counselors ,as they added  legendary perks, marking car parts ,  put that with all the exploits .....  Jason was neutered .....  all this could be avoided if they had just put Jason back to the way he was at launch,  So now they give Jason this buff instead,  I think they could have used  other ways to do it, but at this point I’ll take any Jason buff, Jason is supposed to be OP, people now have to,actually fix things to survive, if you want to fight go play mortal combat, the chain stun dance party is over for now. 

Hi Nyt, I don't think you know me enough to lay judgement on my part. I have joined the forum to complain in a polite manner arguing my points without offending anyone.

I am not a troll nor you should call me one. 

I have already said that I am okay with Jason being like he was on launch (besides the stacking traps) I have fought and killed Jason in the first months (and died many times as a consquence. 

This is all fine for me, what I am not ok is for Jason to be invincible halfway which nullifies the hours of effort I have spent learning how to fight Jason.

This patch is not what the game needed it is harsh punishment to people who did nothing wrong. Not everyone is a troll or a nasty player

6 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

If you're choosing to pursue only 1 of the 4 ways to win, then I'm afraid that the problem is with your view on the game. Ignoring 3 viable methods to win in favor of one unlikely one is your problem and I'd say it demonstrates a failure to adapt. If you enjoy the game then you'll enjoy finding new strategies to implement in an attempt to counter these new changes, but if you're quitting just because it's harder to kill Jason then I'm afraid it's just a case of tough luck. 

For anyone who's complaining about it, it's not impossible to kill Jason (well it may be currently due to a bug but won't be in future), it's just harder. If you can't deal with the increase in difficulty, then whose problem is it really?

This is the best post in this thread.... you nailed it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

If you want to take on Jason in a 1v1 fighting scenario they have a game for that...

Jason is in Mortal Kombat.

1 minute ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Hi Nyt, I don't think you know me enough to lay judgement on my part. I have joined the forum to complain in a polite manner arguing my points without offending anyone.

I am not a troll nor you should call me one. 

I have already said that I am okay with Jason being like he was on launch (besides the stacking traps) I have fought and killed Jason in the first months (and died many times as a consquence. 

This is all fine for me, what I am not ok is for Jason to be invincible halfway which nullifies the hours of effort I have spent learning how to fight Jason.

This patch is not what the game needed it is harsh punishment to people who did nothing wrong. Not everyone is a troll or a nasty player

You do know you can still fight Jason for half the match or more right!? Stop over exaggerating this buff. You also aren't instantly dead after rage. Learn to run and kite. Many on here were masters at that before Jason pinata came to be.

2 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

You have lost a large group of dedicated 150s with the latest update. 

It makes 1v1 first of all impossible if Jason is decent. All he has to do is just keep going after you without worrying about being stunned. Weapons will just break.

Some players WANT to fight Jason as part of their strategy. What if a counselor wants to fight Jason to protect others or to get other objectives done? Now you are being punished for fighting? That makes the game boring if you can't fight. What is the point of the game? Is it just going to be a dead by daylight clone now? That game is boring. 

It's not like counselors were invincible before the update. Are you kidding? It takes ONE grab by Jason to kill a counselor who is alone! It's called SKILL. Jasons who keep being overly aggressive and just go forward and forward with no intelligence SHOULD be punished for not having a strategy. 

JASONS ISNT REAL! the only ones on this forum who are going to suck up to the developers of the game are ones who are Jason fanboys. Get over it. its a video game it isnt real life. 

You've lost about 15 150's I know with this update and that includes dedicated twitch streamers and ones who have been playing since day one good job.

Only way to fix this:

invincible rage mode only activates after 15 or atleast 10 minutes. Anything. IT DOESNT TAKE THAT MUCH TO GET HIM INTO RAGE MODE

I'm not even mentioning that there were already pre patch teamers who help Jason and betray their own teammates. It goes both way with the "trolls" Jason fanboys

thank you, exactly my point. This patch punishes some of the most dedicated players

@Kodiak I think from your words you are assuming I am a nasty exploiter... it is really not like that. By fighting Jason I help EVERYBODY to do their stuff and escape, because I end up keeping Jason busy for a good amount of time, how is that wrong? And again I never said I want Jason to be weak, I want Jason to be pwoerful but with a change of stunning him not an unstoppable tank

8 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I don't pursue only one way to play the game. In fact, I call Tommy, I fix the phones, I fix the cars and start them, and a lot of times I get out and let others escape in the car I just started. Escaping the match 5 minutes in is not fun. It means you have 15 minutes of sitting and reading your cell phone while other people play the game. No, the second half of the game was completely neutered for a lot of the player base.

18 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

You keep saying this, but it's not true. Not everyone who likes the option of combat available in the game is a Jason hunter. You know as well as everyone else, Jason being killed is not the issue, well, it is only in the respect that he can't be brought to his knees in rage mode right now, but that's not the point. My point is that there is no more hiding behind doors or around corners at the end of a match to be able to hit Jason, cause a brief stun, then run and hide somewhere else again, and start hide and seek over again. And that really is part of the fun for me, personally. Speaking of hiding spots, you know why people hardly ever hide under beds or in closets? It's because they have been nerfed since the release of the game. Hiding in a closet or under a bed is a death sentence, pure and simple. How it should be is that if you are hiding in a cabin, the cabin should light up red, but breathing and counselor speaking while hiding shouldn't happen. It literally ruins the point. It may be a little more frustrating for Jason, but Jason should have to hunt down hiding counselors in cabins. This is why people hide around cabins in the dark. Which I see nothing wrong with either. The devs took copious amounts of time putting things in corners of cabins to keep counselors from hiding. Why? Why? Why?

You are making available point here.

I'm 100 % to find a way to improve the stealth game by adding new points to hide or even to distract Jason's power Sense.

18 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Jason being a nerfed piñata effectively stopped me along with many others(see the 30 plus page topic Jason is weak) of having the fun we had at launch , I backed  this game(You didn’t it’s obvious) I played at launch(you obviously didn’t) I am a f13 movie nut(I can bet you aren’t ) for the most part this patch is only going to affect trolls who have ruined this game, I say good riddance. Suspending this patch? LOL!....... you must be a little kid..... well most trolls are LOL

Hell yeah ! Having those bad players constantly surrounding Jason like a pack of rat is finally over. They were cheaters and trolls. Good riddance.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

It makes 1v1 first of all impossible if Jason is decent. All he has to do is just keep going after you without worrying about being stunned. Weapons will just break.

Some players WANT to fight Jason as part of their strategy. What if a counselor wants to fight Jason to protect others or to get other objectives done? Now you are being punished for fighting? That makes the game boring if you can't fight. What is the point of the game? Is it just going to be a dead by daylight clone now? That game is boring. 

It's not like counselors were invincible before the update. Are you kidding? It takes ONE grab by Jason to kill a counselor who is alone! It's called SKILL. Jasons who keep being overly aggressive and just go forward and forward with no intelligence SHOULD be punished for not having a strategy. 

JASONS ISNT REAL! the only ones on this forum who are going to suck up to the developers of the game are ones who are Jason fanboys. Get over it. its a video game it isnt real life. 

This post brought a HUGE smile to my face.

Ooooh no .. LVL 150s who love to beat on Jason all match can no longer do that..        

LOL!!

As if calling people "Jason Fanboys' is some sort of insult in a game called Friday the 13th.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I don't pursue only one way to play the game. In fact, I call Tommy, I fix the phones, I fix the cars and start them, and a lot of times I get out and let others escape in the car I just started. Escaping the match 5 minutes in is not fun. It means you have 15 minutes of sitting and reading your cell phone while other people play the game. No, the second half of the game was completely neutered for a lot of the player base.

actually this new patch should eliminate this issue for you. No longer sitting around for 15mins as Jason will be killing everyone quicker that did not try to escape. See the point!? 😉

5 minutes ago, Jen901 said:

You've lost about 15 150's I know with this update and that includes dedicated twitch streamers and ones who have been playing since day one good job.

Only way to fix this:

invincible rage mode only activates after 15 or atleast 10 minutes. Anything. IT DOESNT TAKE THAT MUCH TO GET HIM INTO RAGE MODE

I'm not even mentioning that there were already pre patch teamers who help Jason and betray their own teammates. It goes both way with the "trolls" Jason fanboys

You can still protect others doing objectives by fighting.  Your problem is that if you’re not doing objectives until he gets rage then you’ve already waited too long. You should be pushing objectives asap, not dilly dallying. 

3 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Don’t worry about that because now you won’t have to because everybody will be dead well before 20 minutes elapses. 

3 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

You do know you can still fight Jason for half the match or more right!? Stop over exaggerating this buff. You also aren't instantly dead after rage. Learn to run and kite. Many on here were masters at that before Jason pinata came to be.

This..^.

People who refuse to kite, run or escape should be punished.   I escaped in half the matches I played last night. I also got in a few good hits.

Some people don't like to die..and want to dominate Jason in combat.   Which is funny considering this game is about counselors getting wacked or trying to escape.

2 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

You are making available point here.

I'm 100 % to find a way to improve the stealth game by adding new points to hide or even to distract Jason's power Sense.

That's a good point. I totally support the changes with rage.  However, we should look at how sense works. If you want to promote smart play you need to disable the the toggle. If sense gets used it should work like the other abilities and requires a full recharge.  

2 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

Hell yeah ! Having those bad players constantly surrounding Jason like a pack of rat is finally over. They were cheaters and trolls. Good riddance.

Yep mortal combat 10, I have it and suggest people who want to fight Jason buy it, but I warn you... if you play against a good player you will die much faster in that game then you will in this one.

4 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

actually this new patch should eliminate this issue for you. No longer sitting around for 15mins as Jason will be killing everyone quicker that did not try to escape. See the point!? 😉

I do see that, but it still kills the very part of the game I like, the hide and seek chase at the end. That's why I'm so frustrated. If I work to help get everyone off the board, then don't I deserve a little fun in the end?

• Like 1