xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

3 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

It's not about being easy. It's about being fun. What is not fun is using a weapon that has no effect. It's pointless. At this point, all the weapons in the game should just automatically disappear 10 minutes into the game.

Fun is subjective.

I want a game where Jason is unstoppable killing machine.  One where he doesn't spend most of the match stunned or on his ass.  A game that doesn't reward counselors for beating on Jason in groups.   Jason being weak RUINS the game for me when I play as counselor.  

Now Counselors have the advantage for the 1st half of the match then Jason has the advantage on the 2nd half.

Besides.  The weapons can still be used to FREE players..

If players want to beat on Jason they deserve to suffer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Fun is subjective..

The weapons can still be used to FREE players..

Both excellent points...

(you’re not still mad at me are you?)

4 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

There are 4 ways to win as a counselor:

1 escape by car/boat

2 escape with the police

3 survive the night (this can be achieved by either running and hiding or fighting)

4 defeat Jason

Ive always considered #3 a draw. Escape as counselor = win. Kill Jason = win. Jason kills you = loss. No one escapes or dies = stalemate. 20 min limit was put in as a cap so the match didn't go on for days. In sports if you go into overtime and no one scores before time runs out= tie. Same here(just my belief). That said ill take a draw with Jason over death anyday, so bet your but ill be running for my life to not die too if winning is no longer an option. 😁

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Fun is subjective.

I want a game where Jason is unstoppable killing machine.  One where he doesn't spend most of the match stunned or on his ass.  A game that doesn't reward counselors for beating on Jason in groups.   Jason being weak RUINS the game for me when I play as counselor.  

Now Counselors have the advantage for the 1st half of the match then Jason has the advantage on the 2nd half.

Besides.  The weapons can still be used to FREE players..

If players want to beat on Jason they deserve to suffer.

Ok that is a fair opinion, I respect it and it doesn't mean my idea of fun must be the same of yours.

This patch simply goes into your direction splitting the fan base, a fan base which joined a game where fighting back was an option, now this option is limited to half the game or less. Most of the rage I have seen is in the 8 to 10 mins range.

A good balancing patch supports ALL players not just a part of them.

I am ok with Jason being strong, I love the idea BUT this isn't the way. Invincible is silly design

For badassgixxer05: yes that's a fair point, nevertheless the counselor survives, I think he or she would be happy anyway :)

6 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

What you say it's true Kodiak, but that would apply only to undead Jason, not every Jason is an unstoppable killing machine, human Jason can go down.

Alright, let's look at it this way then. The game takes place on a set date that's displayed at the start of every round. Any Jason can be selected whether he's out of his time or not. By this basis alone, we have to assume that Jason is a singular entity as this point. Whether or not he appears human in his appearance doesn't matter, every Jason possesses supernatural powers; they can all shift, they can all stalk, then can all sense, morph and rage. They all possess the same powers with some tweaks added for gameplay variation.

By possessing these powers, it implies that all Jasons aren't human - they are all supernatural entities. If they weren't, how could a 'human' Jason teleport? So, for the game which should be the only thing in question, no Jason is human; not even part 5's Roy is human it seems. Not one of them will die after being shot.

So, every Jason is indeed an unstoppable killing machine.

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Both excellent points...

(you’re not still mad at me are you?)

Mad at you for what?   I don't hold grudges unless people force me to.

Its all good man.  

7 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

Jason still get stunned in one hit by lightweight characters at the start of the game.

That's why this balance with rage was needed.

It's not balanced at all. It's invincibility. There were other ways to balance out the game, most of which were discussed over and over on this forum. They were ignored. No one is saying, "Oh, no! My kill parties gone! I can't kill Jason!" What they are saying is they have killed the final chase sequence of the game. They have eliminated yet another aspect of the game that people enjoyed which is one on one with Jason when you are the final counselor, and they have taken away combat. Let me explain it to you easily. Devs, just take out combat stance and take out all the weapons to the game. Everyone can just run around in circles and play with themselves. And while your at it, take out the dancing emotes and refund everyone since they aren't supposed to be used in game. All of this is dumb. I've been playing this game religiously, and while there are Jason hunting parties out there, my experience is that Jason gets killed maybe twice a day in lobbies I play in. People just bitch and complain because some counselors actually know how to use weapons. Quite frankly, they might as well just remove the weapons. If we go by movie meta, generally, none of the counselors use weapons against Jason except for the final few. There is no point to a weapon that does nothing. No point at all. Just make them disappear.

1 minute ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Ok that is a fair opinion, I respect it and it doesn't mean my idea of fun must be the same of yours.

This patch simply goes into your direction splitting the fan base, a fan base which joined a game where fighting back was an option, now this option is limited to half the game or less. Most of the rage I have seen is in the 8 to 10 mins range. Fighting back is still an option. 

A good balancing patch supports ALL players not just a part of them.  Then every patch has been a bad patch, Jason hasn’t gotten any love during a patch for a long time. 

I am ok with Jason being strong, I love the idea BUT this isn't the way. Invincible is silly design subjective opinion buddy.

Your still welcome to your opinion but some of your arguments are just silly, to borrow your word. 

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Mad at you for what?   I don't hold grudges unless people force me to.

Its all good man.  

Good to hear as to what it was about, well that’s not important. Just glad you’re posting again, missed your ugly mug.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

It's not balanced at all. It's invincibility. 

Heres a question..

Why is it that im loving playing as counselor now and you think its not balanced?

Is there something wrong with me for loving a more hardcore experience that pushes me to run, escape or die?  

4 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Alright, let's look at it this way then. The game takes place on a set date that's displayed at the start of every round. Any Jason can be selected whether he's out of his time or not. By this basis alone, we have to assume that Jason is a singular entity as this point. Whether or not he appears human in his appearance doesn't matter, every Jason possesses supernatural powers; they can all shift, they can all stalk, then can all sense, morph and rage. They all possess the same powers with some tweaks added for gameplay variation.

By possessing these powers, it implies that all Jasons aren't human - they are all supernatural entities. If they weren't, how could a 'human' Jason teleport? So, for the game which should be the only thing in question, no Jason is human; not even part 5's Roy is human it seems. Not one of them will die after being shot.

So, every Jason is indeed an unstoppable killing machine.

thank you for the reply Kodiak: even assuming your points, invincibility during rage was not part of the deal that me and many other players took.

I am ok with Jason being powerful and having cool powers, by all means keep doing it.

I am not ok with Jason being invincible because it doesn't represent film Jason and it is a different character than the one who was around for almost 2 years.

This patch literally changed the deal between devs and players in one definite direction, some may like it and some may not like it. In any case this rebalancing could have been done much better. Invincible is silly

4 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

It's not balanced at all. It's invincibility. There were other ways to balance out the game, most of which were discussed over and over on this forum. They were ignored. No one is saying, "Oh, no! My kill parties gone! I can't kill Jason!" What they are saying is they have killed the final chase sequence of the game. They have eliminated yet another aspect of the game that people enjoyed which is one on one with Jason when you are the final counselor, and they have taken away combat. Let me explain it to you easily. Devs, just take out combat stance and take out all the weapons to the game. Everyone can just run around in circles and play with themselves. And while your at it, take out the dancing emotes and refund everyone since they aren't supposed to be used in game. All of this is dumb. I've been playing this game religiously, and while there are Jason hunting parties out there, my experience is that Jason gets killed maybe twice a day in lobbies I play in. People just bitch and complain because some counselors actually know how to use weapons. Quite frankly, they might as well just remove the weapons. If we go by movie meta, generally, none of the counselors use weapons against Jason except for the final few. There is no point to a weapon that does nothing. No point at all. Just make them disappear.

You are making the fallacy of the slippery slope.The point of this patch was to make Jason a threat again so he is the one whom chase the counsellors and not the opposite. Fortunetaly the trolls and killing groups will slow down now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

9 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Heres a question..

Why is it that im loving playing as counselor now and you think its not balanced?

Is there something wrong with me for loving a more hardcore experience that pushes me to run, escape or die?  

Nothing wrong with it at all. That "hardcore" option was always available to you, They just took combat options away from others because they got good at it. You never had to pick up a weapon and hit Jason with it in the game ever.

5 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

It's a little bit of a slippery slope, but not, entirely. They can just remove all the weapons, except the shot gun, out of the game 10 minutes in.

Just now, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

It's a little bit of a slippery slope, but not, entirely. They can just remove all the weapons, except the shot gun, out of the game 10 minutes in.

Not really, you can still free your teammates if i remember correctly

Just now, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

thank you for the reply Kodiak: even assuming your points, invincibility during rage was not part of the deal that me and many other players took.

I am ok with Jason being powerful and having cool powers, by all means keep doing it.

I am not ok with Jason being invincible because it doesn't represent film Jason and it is a different character than the one who was around for almost 2 years.

This patch literally changed the deal between devs and players in one definite direction, some may like it and some may not like it. In any case this rebalancing could have been done much better. Invincible is silly

Referring to it as invincibility is silly, stun immunity and a glitch in the kill would be more true descriptions of what you keep referring to as invincibility.

7 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

You can keep on hitting that point about no weapons but @HuDawg already gave you a very good answer about why they still serve a purpose, freeing people. Maybe come up with a new argument that isn’t so easily dismissed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Your still welcome to your opinion but some of your arguments are just silly, to borrow your word. 

Good to hear as to what it was about, well that’s not important. Just glad you’re posting again, missed your ugly mug.

Can you show me where I said I am against Jason being strong? 

The only thing I would have removed from the first months of the game was double trapping, everything else I am fine with.

As long as I can do something about it I am good, fighting now is basically pointless for half the game. Not a problem if you enjoy escaping, more of a problem if you like to survive by fighting back.

The patch needs to be suspended and made with more logic, buff Jason in a way you won't harm a part of your fan base

Just now, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I would argue that invincibility to most stuns isn't silly at all; choosing to fight Jason is the silly thing to do. As someone who tries to escape and save other players in the process, I don't see any issue with this. If an opportunity presents itself to defeat Jason then I'll be part of it, but I play the game how it was meant to be played and that is to play to survive by any means necessary. Friday the 13th: The Game wasn't designed to emphasize combat with Jason, and this patch makes it a less than smart idea to do so. 

I'm afraid that if defeating Jason is your only goal then the issue lies with you, not this patch. If you only choose to chase one single victory condition and ignore all the others, then that should be at your own peril. If you want the XP then there are a total of 4 ways to survive the night; playing solely JUST to defeat Jason shouldn't be easy and if you die, then it's just a case of better luck next time. You can still do it, but you won't be doing it as often and that's more in spirit with what the game is about.

• Like 4

Nothing wrong with it at all. That "hardcore" option was always available to you, They just took combat options away from others because they got good at it. You never had to pick up a weapon and hit Jason with it in the game ever.

Well I don't want combat to play a huge roll in this game at all. 

Combat for me was always a last resort or used to help players.  That's why this patch doesn't effect me at all.

Besides.. combat still works in this game.   I got some good smacks in on Jason last night and escaped.

I haven't had this much fun in what feels like ages.     Maybe because surviving and fighting Jason now means a lot more then it did before.

That's too OP for counselors. They need to remove that.

I played several games and I escaped fine.

It doesn't change the core of the game except you want to play a suicidal counsellor whom want to fight a supernatural monster with a screwdriver. \_o_/

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

I would argue that invincibility to most stuns isn't silly at all; choosing to fight Jason is the silly thing to do. As someone who tries to escape and save other players in the process, I don't see any issue with this. If an opportunity presents itself to defeat Jason then I'll be part of it, but I play the game how it was meant to be played and that is to play to survive by any means necessary. Friday the 13th: The Game wasn't designed to emphasize combat with Jason, and this patch makes it a less than smart idea to do so. 

I'm afraid that if defeating Jason is your only goal then the issue lies with you, not this patch. If you only choose to chase one single victory condition and ignore all the others, then that should be at your own peril. If you want the XP then there are a total of 4 ways to survive the night; playing solely JUST to defeat Jason shouldn't be easy and if you die, then it's just a case of better luck next time. You can still do it, but you won't be doing it as often and that's more in spirit with what the game is about.

The game was designed in a way in which combat was possible and learning combat was a good skill to have. The game was never DBD, now in the second part of the match is quite similar to DBD.

This is a huge letdown for a part of the fans, and I am happy you like it, at least someone is not pissed like me hahah :)

17 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

You're assuming that every game HAS to have a 'final chase' sequence. The game isn't a movie; it's not supposed to follow a specific pattern besides 'run for your life'.

No counselor in the game is special except Tommy; they can all be the 'final girl' or 'final guy'. The chase when you're the last or one of the last ones alive is still there, it just means you can't try your luck with a poxy melee weapon. Find yourself a gun or a knife and use cabins and traps to your advantage. All you have to do is avoid him, nobody said anything about stopping him.

Either that or just do yourself a favor and get out sooner. Can't get out sooner? Pick a counselor with higher stealth and repair skills and do it yourself like I do.

@nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co, yes combat is indeed possible, but it's a supplementary tool in your arsenal. Your primary tool to escape is your mind and how you choose to play; brute force and a lucky stun in a desperate situation should be a last resort. Learning how to fight is a good skill to have for sure, but it's not going to get you a win on your own.

Just now, KenshiroHNK said:

I played several games and I escaped fine.

It doesn't change the core of the game except you want to play a suicidal counsellor whom want to fight a supernatural monster with a screwdriver. \_o_/

NO. I want to be able to hide around the map, hit Jason around corners, and basically play the game during the final chase sequence as they do in the movies. What I don't want to do is run around a table in circles for 10 minutes to run out the clock because there are no other options to escape because implementing some of the ideas on this forum over the last 6 months were ignored.

Picking nits here, but “invincibility” is the wrong word. You most certainly can still win against him in a number of ways. Invulnerability does not equal Invincibility, and anyways he is still vulnerable to traps and guns so even calling him invulnerable is wrong. Simply put, stop making excuses. You know the new rules so stop doing things you know won’t work already. 

1 minute ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

. The game was never DBD, now in the second part of the match is quite similar to DBD.

Stop comparing this to DBD.

Ain't not one trying to stuff you on a hook and feed you to the magical tooth fairy in the sky.

2nd part of the match is Jasons happy time now..   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Picking nits here, but “invincibility” is the wrong word. You most certainly can still win against him in a number of ways. Invulnerability does not equal Invincibility, and anyways he is still vulnerable to traps and guns so even calling him invulnerable is wrong. Simply put, stop making excuses. You know the new rules so stop doing things you know won’t work already. 

If we don't want to play by the "new rules" then what? I guess we will quit playing the game, and you can have it to yourself. Right? That's the answer. If we don't like it, suck it up buttercup?

• Like 1