xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

6 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I simply stated that ALL the different aspects of the F13 should be preserved, this includes the fighting experience that now is rendered useless after 8-10 mins max. This is not balanced obviously, it is a punishment for people like me who like to fight and kill Jason.

Well that's the thing.  . Im glad its a punishment for people who like to fight Jason.  That's not the point of this game. Its just that people like you went all in on 'fighting Jason' while most of us sat here wondering "WTF is this shit'?  And stopped enjoying the game because of it.

This is obviously balanced.. for someone like me who wants a more hardcore F13th experience.    For someone like you who wants some sort of weird fighting game balanced for 1 vs 1 battles in a 1 vs 7 game mode.. ya it probably feels unbalanced to you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I really don't see why you are trying to portrait a patch which is hell for some people in the community like heaven.

My point is the game pretty much seems to be the same, only that it's being played the way it was intended.

It was not the intention of the developers for Jason to be a pushover or to be killed so easily and regularly. They corrected it and that's that.

Counselors still have all their perks, all their health sprays, their window invincibility, traps they can move and use over and over and over, their pocket knives, their precious sweater, and on and on. 

The developers make one change, a good and fair change, and it's the end of the world, people's heads are exploding. 

On a happy note the car no longer gets stuck on every little pebble or destroyed for no apparent reason. Now if they'll just fix it so you can kill Jason during rage like it should be...

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well that's the thing.  . Im glad its a punishment for people who like to fight Jason.  That's not the point of this game. Its just that people like you went all in on 'fighting Jason' while most of us sat here wondering "WTF is this shit'?  And stopped enjoying the game because of it.

This is obviously balanced.. for someone like me who wants a more hardcore F13th experience.    For someone like you who wants some sort of weird fighting game balanced for 1 vs 1 battles in a 1 vs 7 game mode.. ya it probably feels unbalanced to you.

But fighting Jason has always been a possibility since day one. Difficult yes and that's ok! 

Invincible is NOT ok!

• Like 1

The change to rage is fair. If you're unable to defeat him in 10 or so minutes and you and others are actively trying to, then that's not a balance change problem; it's your problem.

• Like 2

Just now, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

But fighting Jason has always been a possibility since day one. Difficult yes and that's ok! 

Invincible is NOT ok!

You can still fight Jason tho.  There just a consequence for wasting all your time beating on Jason now.

Why does it matter if hes invincible during rage?   Stop hitting him and it won't matter that hes invincible.

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

You can still fight Jason tho.  There just a consequence for wasting all your time beating on Jason now.

Why does it matter if hes invincible during rage?   Stop hitting him and it won't matter that hes invincible.

Technically he is still invincible except if you have Tommy and the sweater girl and an axe.

That's just fair that Jason cannot be permastun anymore.

I'll just share my thoughts on this matter. Defeating Jason isn't the aim of the game; the aim is to survive however you can. If the opportunity is there to defeat Jason this round, then yes it's a valid way to achieve your victory condition. However, it is not meant to be the easiest of the 4 victory conditions to achieve.

If you're part of one of these 'Jason hunter' groups, then perhaps go and watch the most recent stream where Gun staff spoke about what they think of these 'kill groups' as they're sometimes dubbed. The creators of this game explicitly said that they never intended for Jason to be bullied by counselors, so if you piss him off then you better have what you need to stop him quickly or you better run.

Being completely immune to all stuns except the shotgun and pocket knife when enraged is completely fair. It means you have 10 minutes to get the sweater, get a good Tommy into play, get Jason's mask off and get the weapons needed to defeat Jason if you intend to, or it'll get much harder after. Defeating Jason is not supposed to be easy; it is supposed to be the hardest of the 4 victory conditions to achieve. You either escape by car/boat, with the police, defeat Jason or survive the night and surviving the night and defeating Jason are meant to be the 2 most unlikely scenarios.

Remember when Gun once said that defeating Jason was supposed to be a "1 in 70 or so" occurrence? It was before the game came out; their vision when they made this game was that Jason is the one who's out to get you, not the other way around. Expecting them to cater to people's desires to make Jason an easy/easier kill is unfair and a fairly self-entitled viewpoint to hold. What do you think would happen if you got Jason mad? I don't recall any instances in the films where he's been full on furious, but if Savini Jason is capable of taking the Devil's Pitchfork from the Devil himself (non-canon I think but it implies his incredible strength and willpower) then what is a human counselor expected to do to him? Stun him with a baseball bat?

Ridiculous. Angry Jason isn't going to be stopped by a makeshift weapon. This change to Jason is perfectly fair; just either play smarter if you want to kill him or try playing the game a different way. If you go out looking to kill him then you should expect to fail the majority of the time; defeating him should not be a majority occurrence in victory conditions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

Technically he is still invincible except if you have Tommy and the sweater girl and an axe.

That's just fair that Jason cannot be permastun anymore.

Well I will extend a small olive branch and say.

That if they make it so Tommy doesn't show up till the last 3 mins of the game and Tommy is not subject to stun immunity.. 

And make it so Stun Immunity wears off for the last counselor is alive (excluding Tommy since hes not a counselor)   Id be cool with that. 

That would lead to some very exciting endings to a match and at least feel like a slasher film playing out in a video game.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

This right here is what lead to my suggestion in that perk thread started by @wes

I'd really like to see the hiding and evasion aspect get some love next. The match I played last night against a Savini that'd cleared the lobby, I was Tommy and the last one left. He hadn't knocked the power out anywhere and all my rollover perks were sense avoidance and fear reduction but he was enraged. It was fun trying to get away from him as he raged through all the doors and walls, knowing there was nothing I could do, but he shouldn't have been able to drop right on me like he did. 

And as a Jason main I feel like sense is too OP when it comes to that side of the game. 

So yeah, I'd like to see more changes but ones that lend to the horror experience. In particular - hiding. 

As for the new change, IMO, it's a perfect step in the right direction.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

On a happy note the car no longer gets stuck on every little pebble or destroyed for no apparent reason. Now if they'll just fix it so you can kill Jason during rage like it should be...

That still happens. 

Morph out ahead of the car and then watch as the car goes completely off the mini-map.

You can still stop cars with throwing knives as well - had to test. 

4 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

This right here is what lead to my suggestion in that perk thread started by @wes

I'd really like to see the hiding and evasion aspect get some love next. The match I played last night against a Savini that'd cleared the lobby, I was Tommy and the last one left. He hadn't knocked the power out anywhere and all my rollover perks were sense avoidance and fear reduction but he was enraged. It was fun trying to get away from him as he raged through all the doors and walls, knowing there was nothing I could do, but he shouldn't have been able to drop right on me like he did. 

And as a Jason main I feel like sense is too OP when it comes to that side of the game. 

So yeah, I'd like to see more changes but ones that lend to the horror experience. In particular - hiding. 

As for the new change, IMO, it's a perfect step in the right direction.

Me too.

I want the stealth aspect of the game to rise and shine and the fighting aspect to stay on Jason's side.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

A big quote.

As much as this is 100 percent spot on and why killing Jason should've been as rare as the number they talked about before launch.

Wes and company would've never gotten themselves in this mess to begin with if they didn't intentionally/unintentionally nerf Jason all over 2017 all the while adding in troll incentive things like emotes and dancing. They created the culture as counselor of...

1. Do nothing

2. Beat on/troll Jason as he was being nerfed over the updates all over 2017

3. Kill him or waste 20 minutes in an exploit spot or running around stunning him with most weapons instead of trying to escape or call the cops

They created that culture and so when you go ahead and give Jason some real power. You change the culture of the game.

I'm not defending the pro troll/beat down/kill Jason people. I'm just saying they got themselves into this hornets nest by creating this culture rather than just leaving him as powerful as he was mostly at launch. Sure rage was still a joke at launch but he was powerful in other areas that he isn't now.

29 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

A big quote.

Hi Kodiak thank you for your reply.

I never said I want this to be easy, I said I want this to be possible and invincibility prevent possible from happening because once Jason is invincible the game is over, I have been testing this since yesterday, Jason in rage doesn't kneel at all.

Jason in rage mode stops you from doing anything besides running out of stamina, this is not balanced.

As for furious Jason not being stopped, that is simply not the case Jason is often stopped by a hand to hand weapon in the final scenes: see this for yourself

• Like 2

It's still possible to survive Jason in a 1v1 scenario, it's just not likely.

Again I'll say, counselors should not have even-money odds to survive a 1v1 with Jason. The deck has to be stacked in his favor in that scenario. If it isn't, the asymmetrical aspect of the game becomes utterly broken. It's 7v1 for a reason. If you aren't contributing to the group effort to escape, then you have to suffer dire consequences. I'll never understand people who want a "fair" chance to survive one-on-one against a killer in an asymmetrical game. That's not how asymmetry works. Not even a little bit. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Jason in rage mode stops you from doing anything besides running out of stamina, this is not balanced.

Stops you from doing anything besides running out of stamina?

I played a bunch of games last nights.. I was able to get a few good hits on Jason and escape.  Its balanced more now than it was a few days ago.

This isn't a fighting game.

10 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I never said I want this to be easy, I said I want this to be possible and invincibility prevent possible from happening because once Jason is invincible the game is over, I have been testing this since yesterday, Jason in rage doesn't kneel at all.

As for furious Jason not being stopped, that is simply not the case Jason is often stopped by a hand to hand weapon in the final scenes: see this for yourself

On the other hand, I'm almost certain that the counsellors can't run around like rabbits when Jason clean hit them with his machete and magically heal all their wounds with an healing spray and troll Jason.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Excuse me, but the game isn’t over when he gets rage unless you WANT it to be done. Otherwise, fine tune the skills that you already have and adapt. Don’t waste hits or shots. Get yourself to a defensible position if you still haven’t made it to the cops or out by boat. Set all of the traps you can find. Locate a shotgun as soon as possible and stash it away for later if you don’t want to carry it (just make sure it is in a place nobody else is likely to find it). Where there is a will there is a way. If you’ve played this game long enough then you probably have a good clue of where to find almost everything you’ll need to survive 1 on 1 vs an invulnerable Jason for a few to several minutes of rage time. 

4 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I really don't see why you are trying to portrait a patch which is hell for some people in the community like heaven.

I get it you like to escape, escaping has never been an issue, if I want to escape I would probably do, unless Jason is very good in which case GG to him.

Why rejoicing over someone's else punishment? 

There are 4 ways to win as a counselor:

1 escape by car/boat

2 escape with the police

3 survive the night (this can be achieved by either running and hiding or fighting)

4 defeat Jason

These are legitimate ways to do it, and they are supported by the film canon, where defeating Jason is the primary way to survive him in many of the films.

The fighting part of option 3 is now basically removed after few minutes of the game

Option 4 right now doesn't work when Jason is raging.

How is this ok? I don't think anybody who likes to kill Jason would rejoice if the devs were to brutally nerf and remove option 1 or option 2.

People have different playstyles and they should all be protected.

Punishing a small hardcore player base is simply not ok!

Jason has never been a pushover, bad Jason players were. 

You seem to forget that skill is heavily involved in this game, and if someone could troll Jason for 10 minutes it wasn't because Jason was trash but out of disparity of skill level.

I have been fighting Jason since week 1 on PS4, never complained once.

With the previous patch I have been fighting against incredibly talented Jasons and even with a good hunting team we lost several times and won maybe once or twice.

Invincibility is simply poor design

It's lazy design.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

On the other hand, I'm almost certain that the counsellors can't run around like rabbits when Jason clean hit them with his machete and magically heal all their wounds with an healing spray and troll Jason.

You stand correct but by this logic all the human Jasons would die out of a shotgun blast to their face, it doesn't seem a fun game to play

@nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co, I don't think it's intended for him to be invincible during the Pamela sweater stun state, I think that's an unintended bug.

Actually, if you use your stamina wisely, you'll still be able to run away for a long time. It's a case of not burning it all in one go and figuring out some kind of solid barrier to put between you and him when you're getting low.

He's not always stunned by melee weapons. Check out part 6 when Sheriff Garris tries to fight Jason. He might be able to knock him over by throwing himself at Jason, but Jason in the F13 game is substantially bigger than his movie counterparts for quite a few of them. If trying to bash Jason's head in with a rock about 5 or 6 times and getting one's spine snapped in half doesn't stun him, what's a baseball bat going to do? Bear in mind that the rock Garris appears to use is a sedimentary rock, which - assuming it's a limestone rock - is approximately 2.5x - 3x as dense as the more common wood types likely used in baseball bats. Essentially, Sheriff Garris would've done a lot more damage with that rock in real life than he does in the film. Jason's mask would've likely broke into bits after some rather angry smashes, and if Jason STILL managed to casually fold him like a deck chair then how can one justify that Jason's going to be stunned by a melee weapon when he's angry?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

My point is the game pretty much seems to be the same, only that it's being played the way it was intended.

It was not the intention of the developers for Jason to be a pushover or to be killed so easily and regularly. They corrected it and that's that.

Counselors still have all their perks, all their health sprays, their window invincibility, traps they can move and use over and over and over, their pocket knives, their precious sweater, and on and on. 

The developers make one change, a good and fair change, and it's the end of the world, people's heads are exploding. 

It's not about being easy. It's about being fun. What is not fun is using a weapon that has no effect. It's pointless. At this point, all the weapons in the game should just automatically disappear 10 minutes into the game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Another big quote.

What you say it's true Kodiak, but that would apply only to undead Jason, not every Jason is an unstoppable killing machine, human Jason can go down.

As for the scene you posted, it doesn't seem that different to when you stun Jason in the game the branch stunned Jason for a little bit. I wouldn't mind some Jasons to be more resilient (NOT INVINCIBLE) with reduced stun times. 

Reduced stun times permits your stamina recovery via hitting Jason and prevents Jason from insta grabbing you, complete immunity is simply silly and that's not how Jason works in most films

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

You stand correct but by this logic all the human Jasons would die out of a shotgun blast to their face, it doesn't seem a fun game to play

Jason still get stunned in one hit by lightweight characters at the start of the game.

That's why this balance with rage was needed.

2 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

It's not about being easy. It's about being fun. What is not fun is using a weapon that has no effect. It's pointless. At this point, all the weapons in the game should just automatically disappear 10 minutes into the game.

The weapons won’t stun, but I would expect machetes axes and pokers could still be used to take off the mask. Although without a working sweater that seems also pointless.