xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

Jason shouldn't be invincible for half the match...come on lol. Maybe the devs are playing a joke on us.

3 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Of course you love it because now you feel like you're using some special cheat code that the devs gave to you as some prize you won. Once the novelty of it wears off you'll see how boring it will be being Jason. The thrill of the chase will be gone trust me on this. Knowing you can't be stunned simply takes the whole challenge out of the equation. I've played as Jason twice so far and both times players have either suicided themselves or simply rage quitted because they knew there was no longer any chance of escaping me once rage began.

Exactly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Of course you love it because now you feel like you're using some special cheat code that the devs gave to you as some prize you won. Once the novelty of it wears off you'll see how boring it will be being Jason. The thrill of the chase will be gone trust me on this. Knowing you can't be stunned simply takes the whole challenge out of the equation. I've played as Jason twice so far and both times players have either suicided themselves or simply rage quitted because they knew there was no longer any chance of escaping me once rage began.

I think I’ll be fine with it for a while until they probably fix it next patch. What you call the thrill of the hunt a lot of us call stressful. There is a good reason why so many people set their preference to counselor and leave it there. 

As someone with alot of experience in this game removing stuns for rage just makes the game more camp heavy. This change removes my favorite way of Playing. That is being the last one or the survivor especially after a hard match. If Jason is unstunnable during rage you cannot get enough time to start the car in Jason's presence. The second option would be to have a counselor sacrifice themselves but if Jason headpunches them you still won't have enough time. What I'm saying is that in order to do something useful to escape during a Jason stun like start the car or boat you already had to rely on RNG to get the good stun. High Luck was good because more bat swings means more chances for an opening to escape. But now with this patch all I would be able to do is hide during rage. I already felt like sometimes my best wasn't good enough to win. Now I definitely need to spawn next to an objective to have any chance at escaping with low levels or vs super good Jasons. L

2 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

100% this, I would be leaning towards this patch maybe thinning the already small player base. As the Jason’s before this who were genuinely good could tactically manoeuvre their way about the map and always had a plan B.

Now they’ve essentially catered to the Jason players who moan about the 1 or 2 kill teams they come up against and all they have to do is apply pressure early game kill 1-3 counsellors and reach the 10 minute mark where Jason goes god-mode now.

It’s a video game, there is supposed to be a decent chance of survival otherwise as a counsellor what’s the point? All this patch has done has flipped it from counsellor players saying “git gud” to mediocre Jason’s now being able to say “git gud”.

On 1/31/2019 at 3:49 AM, TommysMightyChin said:

100% this, I would be leaning towards this patch maybe thinning the already small player base. As the Jason’s before this who were genuinely good could tactically manoeuvre their way about the map and always had a plan B.

Now they’ve essentially catered to the Jason players who moan about the 1 or 2 kill teams they come up against and all they have to do is apply pressure early game kill 1-3 counsellors and reach the 10 minute mark where Jason goes god-mode now.

It’s a video game, there is supposed to be a decent chance of survival otherwise as a counsellor what’s the point? All this patch has done has flipped it from counsellor players saying “git gud” to mediocre Jason’s now being able to say “git gud”.

The winning side of any argument will always be to tell the losing side to "get good". I don't personally agree with that philosophy, but people are still gonna say it.

Well since they can’t give us new stuff because of the lawsuit, about the only thing they can do is to change up the rules every once in a while. Love it or hate it, at least it is an interesting spin that forces people to think outside their box. Who knows, it may evolve into some creative gameplay nobody ever thought of before because Jason has been a pushover for so long. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Got seven matches in this evening, I was never Jason. I survived 4 of 3 matches. One match had a troll that ran over more people then Jason killed. One had a Savini go in to rage early because of what looked like a bully squad and wiped the lobby. One had people quitting right off the bat until there was just a few left then Jason quit. In the matches I survived Jason was at about 4/8 except one, 0/8. 

The only difference as far as I can tell is that counselors actually, cooperatively, jumped on objectives right away. It was something I haven't seen for a long time. And honestly, it seemed to be to Jason's detriment. 

Unfortunately they were small maps, but nonetheless it was refreshing to see. I've not seen this many escapes this consistently for a while. Not to mention people were actually taking parts to objectives. 

I really don't see why you are trying to portrait a patch which is hell for some people in the community like heaven.

I get it you like to escape, escaping has never been an issue, if I want to escape I would probably do, unless Jason is very good in which case GG to him.

Why rejoicing over someone's else punishment? 

There are 4 ways to win as a counselor:

1 escape by car/boat

2 escape with the police

3 survive the night (this can be achieved by either running and hiding or fighting)

4 defeat Jason

These are legitimate ways to do it, and they are supported by the film canon, where defeating Jason is the primary way to survive him in many of the films.

The fighting part of option 3 is now basically removed after few minutes of the game

Option 4 right now doesn't work when Jason is raging.

How is this ok? I don't think anybody who likes to kill Jason would rejoice if the devs were to brutally nerf and remove option 1 or option 2.

People have different playstyles and they should all be protected.

Punishing a small hardcore player base is simply not ok!

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Well since they can’t give us new stuff because of the lawsuit, about the only thing they can do is to change up the rules every once in a while. Love it or hate it, at least it is an interesting spin that forces people to think outside their box. Who knows, it may evolve into some creative gameplay nobody ever thought of before because Jason has been a pushover for so long. 

Jason has never been a pushover, bad Jason players were. 

You seem to forget that skill is heavily involved in this game, and if someone could troll Jason for 10 minutes it wasn't because Jason was trash but out of disparity of skill level.

I have been fighting Jason since week 1 on PS4, never complained once.

With the previous patch I have been fighting against incredibly talented Jasons and even with a good hunting team we lost several times and won maybe once or twice.

Invincibility is simply poor design

Lots of conversation here that I'd like to keep flowing, but I've had to merge together about 16 or 17 double posts to tidy this thread up.

As always, please don't double (or triple!) post, it makes for a wall of text at times and doesn't allow others to reply in equal turn. If you have something else you wanted to add, just click to Edit your original post. If it's a quote you want included, you can always Quote it, copy the text, close that reply then Edit your first post to past in that quote and your thoughts rather than having to create others.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

As someone with alot of experience in this game removing stuns for rage just makes the game more camp heavy. This change removes my favorite way of Playing. That is being the last one or the survivor especially after a hard match. If Jason is unstunnable during rage you cannot get enough time to start the car in Jason's presence. The second option would be to have a counselor sacrifice themselves but if Jason headpunches them you still won't have enough time. What I'm saying is that in order to do something useful to escape during a Jason stun like start the car or boat you already had to rely on RNG to get the good stun. High Luck was good because more bat swings means more chances for an opening to escape. But now with this patch all I would be able to do is hide during rage. I already felt like sometimes my best wasn't good enough to win. Now I definitely need to spawn next to an objective to have any chance at escaping with low levels or vs super good Jasons. L

Right...still being in the game or alive when Jason hits rage now is essentially a death sentence. What's the point? People will just rage quit even more now.

Either this wasn't thought through (at all) or it was an unintentional change (I have no idea how making video games works). Either way I really hope they fix that because it kinda makes you not want to play. In regards to the quote I shared,  this person enjoys winning by surviving the entire night, well me too. Others too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

Right...still being in the game or alive when Jason hits rage now is essentially a death sentence. What's the point? People will just rage quit even more now.

Either this wasn't thought through (at all) or it was an unintentional change (I have no idea how making video games works). Either way I really hope they fix that because it kinda makes you not want to play. In regards to the quote I shared,  this person enjoys winning by surviving the entire night, well me too. Others too. 

Thank you for this! This is PRECISELY the point, people should NEVER be punished for their playstyle, as long as they are NOT cheating.

The patch needs to be suspended and Jason's buffs need to be carefully designed, invincibility is not a good option

• Like 1

On my first game I repaired a car and escaped in the first 5 minutes, then I came back at Tommy and helped two counsellors to escape and escaped again.
People should just stop trying killing Jason, the game was never meant to be an FPS.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I really don't see why you are trying to portrait a patch which is hell for some people in the community like heaven.

I get it you like to escape, escaping has never been an issue, if I want to escape I would probably do, unless Jason is very good in which case GG to him.

Why rejoicing over someone's else punishment? 

1 escape by car/boat

2 escape with the police

3 survive the night (this can be achieved by either running and hiding or fighting)

4 defeat Jason

These are legitimate ways to do it, and they are supported by the film canon, where defeating Jason is the primary way to survive him in many of the films.

The fighting part of option 3 is now basically removed after few minutes of the game

Option 4 right now doesn't work when Jason is raging.

How is this ok? I don't think anybody who likes to kill Jason would rejoice if the devs were to brutally nerf and remove option 1 or option 2.

People have different playstyles and they should all be protected.

Punishing a small hardcore player base is simply not ok!

Jason has never been a pushover, bad Jason players were. 

You seem to forget that skill is heavily involved in this game, and if someone could troll Jason for 10 minutes it wasn't because Jason was trash but out of disparity of skill level.

I have been fighting Jason since week 1 on PS4, never complained once.

With the previous patch I have been fighting against incredibly talented Jasons and even with a good hunting team we lost several times and won maybe once or twice.

Invincibility is simply poor design

I’m not “forgetting” anything, I’m simply not going to think that this is the end of the world. It will probably change after the next update. In the meantime I will accept it for the challenge it will be on the counselor side of the equation. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

On my first game I repaired a car and escaped in the first 5 minutes, then I came back at Tommy and helped two counsellors to escape and escaped again.
People should just stop trying killing Jason, the game was never meant to be an FPS.

Why should someone stop doing something they enjoy? Who decides how the game is played?

1 escape by car/boat

2 escape with the police

4 defeat Jason

These are all legitimate ways to win, as long as you don't cheat, none of these options have moral superiority over the other ones.

If we actually go back to the source material, the movies, defeating Jason is the most used option to survive the night.

I respect your opinion and your desire to escape, removing Jason's invincibility doesn't stop you from doing that.

ADDING Jason's invincibility STOPS me from fighting, this is obviously unfair

@CountYorgaVampir  I understand your point, I am simply pointing out that this patch effectively stops me from enjoying my favourite game to which I dedicate daily hours of fun, and I don't think this is needed. Suspending the patch while looking for better options would be a much wiser option

I'm glad that they made the rage that OP.

Now there is no more game abuse from a bunch of trolls.

It's not hard to outnumber Jason with Vanessa and Chad and beat him during 20 mins straight.

I salute that patch even I've cleaned an entire lobby of Jason hunters twice before that patch.

7 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

I'm glad that they made the rage that OP.

Now there is no more game abuse from a bunch of trolls.

It's not hard to outnumber Jason with Vanessa and Chad and beat him during 20 mins straight.

I salute that patch even I've cleaned an entire lobby of Jason hunters twice before that patch.

you haven't debated any of my points, you are just expressing what you like, which is by all means worthy of respect.

Unfortunately this doesn't solve the issues I have pointed out and actually strengthens my argument, if you have defeated Jason hunters before it simply proves that a good Jason always had a chance and the game was about skill not invincibility.

7 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

you haven't debated any of my points, you are just expressing what you like, which is by all means worthy of respect.

Unfortunately this doesn't solve the issues I have pointed out and actually strengthens my argument, if you have defeated Jason hunters before it simply proves that a good Jason always had a chance and the game was about skill not invincibility.

Yeah and in other cases I couldn't do shit because the abuse was too much.

The problem is that crowds of trolls doesn't need skills to take a Jason down during 20 minutes...

Outnumbering was enough and now it's gone.

To each his own I guess.

12 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

Yeah and in other cases I couldn't do shit because the abuse was too much.

The problem is that crowds of trolls doesn't need skills to take a Jason down during 20 minutes...

Outnumbering was enough and now it's gone.

To each his own I guess.

Well I understand your concern and I have seen plenty of great Jasons wiping out our well prepared team, before it was matter of skill, invincibility is not.

With that said, I never denied a good buff to Jason, I was ok with launch week Jason but this invincibility is simply NOT well thought or balanced.

There is no skill (I am not denying you are skilled obviously) required being invincible and chasing down players until they run out of stamina. 

The patch needs a suspension and re think, it is obvious

There is one point I agree on though, group abuse is not fun BUT this patch absolutely kills 1v1 and removes the skills people like me had spent long time perfecting

Just now, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Well I understand your concern and I have seen plenty of great Jasons wiping out our well prepared team, before it was matter of skill, invincibility is not.

With that said, I never denied a good buff to Jason, I was ok with launch week Jason but this invincibility is simply NOT well thought or balanced.

There is no skill (I am not denying you are skilled obviously) required being invincible and chasing down players until they run out of stamina. 

The patch needs a suspension and re think, it is obvious

I'm sure that us, members of the forum, and the developers will find a way to balance that patch again.
For now the counsellors have to stick to the objectives and avoid fighting Jason as much as possible.

In one way that's how the game is supposed to be played.

I think that Jason should have more way to deal with the counsellors with abilities relying on fear and lethal damages while the counsellors should have more way to escape Jason or hide from him.

That would make the gameplay deeper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

I'm sure that us, members of the forum, and the developers will find a way to balance that patch again.
For now the counsellors have to stick to the objectives and avoid fighting Jason as much as possible.

In one way that's how the game is supposed to be played.

I think that Jason should have more way to deal with the counsellors with abilities relying on fear and lethal damages while the counsellors should have more way to escape Jason or hide from him.

That would make the gameplay deeper.

Thank you for your quick response Kenshiro and I understand your points.

My only problem with this patch is that it literally forces me to play the game in a way I don't find interesting anymore. I have mained AJ for few months some time ago and I have escaped in every way possible, I don't find this to be thrilling anymore.

I find facing Jason in 1v1 or trying to kill Jason way more rewarding, it is my humble opinion that this is a great way to measure my skill. Good Jason, bad Jason it doesn't matter I would fight you and try my best to beat you (without disrespecting you obviously).

This patch effectively kills this. Rage is kicking in between 7 to 10 minutes most games and then it's GG for what I like to do.

I believe patches should seek balance by preserving all game styles.

Defeating Jason is the main canon option to win in the films, so it must be preserved

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I have been fighting Jason since week 1 when people said he was op, I always had a chance now I don't.

If I have better combat skills and better timing, which is stuff that I had spent time training, I should be able to use it.

Womp Womp.

This isn't a fighting game. I give zero shits about you fighting Jason or combat skills.

A counselors job is to run away, try and escape or DIE.  Mostly dying tho..    Not fighting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Thank you for your quick response Kenshiro and I understand your points.

My only problem with this patch is that it literally forces me to play the game in a way I don't find interesting anymore. I have mained AJ for few months some time ago and I have escaped in every way possible, I don't find this to be thrilling anymore.

I find facing Jason in 1v1 or trying to kill Jason way more rewarding, it is my humble opinion that this is a great way to measure my skill. Good Jason, bad Jason it doesn't matter I would fight you and try my best to beat you (without disrespecting you obviously).

This patch effectively kills this. Rage is kicking in between 7 to 10 minutes most games and then it's GG for what I like to do.

I believe patches should seek balance by preserving all game styles.

Defeating Jason is the main canon option to win in the films, so it must be preserved

I can understand that but it's more like you are playing Dutch at the end of Predator.

I think that a rework of the gameplay and new options should be profitable to everyone.

I don't think it's that bad to make Jason so OP for now.

The trolls were doing a lot more bad to the game than having an unstoppable Jason for half the game.

I think that we should create a Gameplay Thread and add suggestions for both camps.

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Womp Womp.

This isn't a fighting game. I give zero shits about you fighting Jason or combat skills.

A counselors job is to run away, try and escape or DIE.  Mostly dying tho..    Not fighting.

That's my feeling too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Womp Womp.

I am sorry but this is based on what? besides being your opinion, which I do respect.

There are 4 ways to win in Friday 13

1 escape by boat or car

2 police

3 survive the night any way you want (hiding OR FIGHTING)

4 defeat Jason

Defeating Jason is also the major plot point of most films, most of the time counselors defeat Jason rather than running away.

This game was never DBD 

For Kenshiro:

8 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

I can understand that but it's more like you are playing Dutch at the end of Predator.

I think that a rework of the gameplay and new options should be profitable to everyone.

I don't think it's that bad to make Jason so OP for now.

The trolls were doing a lot more bad to the game than having an unstoppable Jason for half the game.

I think that we should create a Gameplay Thread and add suggestions for both camps.

That's my feeling too.

Yes Kenshiro, I don't mind new options they are fine with me. New Jason's power, that;s ok too

I simply think every game style should be preserved since there have always been several options to win as a counselor.

If big groups beating on Jason were a problem, and I mostly found this to be a problem for less competent Jasons, then Jason should be buffed BUT NOT made invincible.

Invincible is simply non sense and it is not consistent with the character, all human Jasons were tough but they could go down to weapons, Roy was very much capable of being hurt. 

Even undead Jason can be defeated by the end of the film.

InvinciJason is not just OP, he is simply nonsens

30 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I am sorry but this is based on what? besides being your opinion, which I do respect.

There are 4 ways to win in Friday 13

1 escape by boat or car

2 police

3 survive the night any way you want (hiding OR FIGHTING)

4 defeat Jason

Defeating Jason is also the major plot point of most films, most of the time counselors defeat Jason rather than running away.

This game was never DBD 

Look man.. They will probably fix Killing Jason.   Until then, this is like a late Xmas gift for Jason and balances out the bullshit of  how easy it was beat on and kill Jason for the past year.

Last night I had a blast playing for the 1st time in a very long while... And I haven't even got to play as Jason yet.

I died a few times and escaped a few times.  The moments where I had to hit Jason, I did.   Maybe the reason Jason being immune to stun when in rage doesn't bother me is because im not the type of player that likes to beat on Jason, Taunt Jason and always go for Jason kills.

Jason in rage mode now is awesome.. The fear is real for me when he gets it and that fear of Jason is something that this game really needed.

Besides... I don't remember any F13th movies where the counselors all ganged up on Jason, beat him silly for 20 mins and kill him.   

• Like 1

Just played two games. Not by my choice but both games were on Packanack Small.  First round I fixed the car and escaped within 5 minutes. Second round I kited a Part 4 until the time ran out (with the help of a shotgun, a health spray and two knives, not including the knife and spray I got from a dead Tommy). It was fun. Apparently I was the only one that knew the new rules. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Look man.. They will probably fix Killing Jason.   Until then, this is like a late Xmas gift for Jason and balances out the bullshit of  how easy it was beat on and kill Jason for the past year.

Last night I had a blast playing for the 1st time in a very long while... And I haven't even got to play as Jason yet.

I died a few times and escaped a few times.  The moments where I had to hit Jason, I did.   Maybe the reason Jason being immune to stun when in rage doesn't bother me is because im not the type of player that likes to beat on Jason, Taunt Jason and always go for Jason kills.

Jason in rage mode now is awesome.. The fear is real for me when it he gets it and that fear of Jason is something that this game really needed.

Besides... I don't remember any F13th movies where the counselors all ganged up on Jason, beat him silly for 20 mins and kill him.   

Thank you for reply Hu! I never said you are not entitled to love this patch, by all means that's great for you and I am genuine on this.

I simply stated that ALL the different aspects of the F13 should be preserved, this includes the fighting experience that now is rendered useless after 8-10 mins max. This is not balanced obviously, it is a punishment for people like me who like to fight and kill Jason.

As for the final sentence: I don't know where you game, but ganging up on Jason in QP is never a good idea, most counselors dont know how to fight and Jason ends up winning.

What we do is to play in 2/3  experienced players and try to defeat Jason. This is quite consistent with the film endings where 1/2 people, usually including Tommy survive Jason's wrath by defeating him. This is all canon and I am asking is simply preserving everyone's play style.