xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

How have the first couple of matches gone so far ?

Escape ratio is 50%, which is less than normal but only by 10%, I don’t escape every match but a good chunk of them. Seen Jason killed pre-rage once so far and have cleaned house once as Jason but got too eager and only saved two Counselors for post rage. 

Lots of people quitting if Jason is to much, which is unfortunate but they would have quit during the kill anyway so no real change there.

Fire Crackers should still work during rage and that should be patched imo. People are trying to do objectives which is nice, you still have idiots but not the whole lobby. 

Oh and even though I run Sneaky and generally have good window timing, I have been grabbed out of three windows so far, so be careful it seems easier for Jason to snag you before you’re protected. Pk’s are the best option late in the match as they’re the only way to be sure you can make a far run and still get to the cops.

22 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

The only people that are bothered are the ones who just troll Jason , of you have spent hundreds of hours on this game and played the game without trolling Jason , nothing would be wasted.

You are completely wrong here. People are bothered by this change for many different reasons. If a Jason has defended the objectives well escaping can often go out the window. That leaves you with trying to survive the night. Which is going to be pretty samn hard if you can slow him down at all. From the Jason side I hate this as well. Now in rage I can just play mindlessly with not a worry in the world. I also dislike this patch since all the changes we asked for to help Jason early game didn't happen.

13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Escape ratio is 50%, which is less than normal but only by 10%, I don’t escape every match but a good chunk of them. Seen Jason killed pre-rage once so far and have cleaned house once as Jason but got too eager and only saved two Counselors for post rage. 

Lots of people quitting if Jason is to much, which is unfortunate but they would have quit during the kill anyway so no real change there.

Fire Crackers should still work during rage and that should be patched imo. People are trying to do objectives which is nice, you still have idiots but not the whole lobby. 

Oh and even though I run Sneaky and generally have good window timing, I have been grabbed out of three windows so far, so be careful it seems easier for Jason to snag you before you’re protected. Pk’s are the best option late in the match as they’re the only way to be sure you can make a far run and still get to the cops.

Thanks for the info. I am planning on playing a couple more matches tonight I agree firecrackers and I feel flareguns should also stun Jason in Rage mode especially a headshot.

11 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

You are completely wrong here. People are bothered by this change for many different reasons. If a Jason has defended the objectives well escaping can often go out the window. That leaves you with trying to survive the night. Which is going to be pretty samn hard if you can slow him down at all. From the Jason side I hate this as well. Now in rage I can just play mindlessly with not a worry in the world. I also dislike this patch since all the changes we asked for to help Jason early game didn't happen.

My first game with this patch I escaped on a boat. 

My second game I survived the night, pocket knives and traps are even more valuable. Not impossible to juke.

and I saw Jason get killed tonight. Decent Part 9 Jason too.

If a Jason player has done a good job defending. Good for him, as a counselor you just need to adapt and raise your skill level a couple notches, and in no time you’ll be escaping and killing Jason with relative ease. 

Perhaps you may need a smidge more skill now than you did prior to this patch, but you’ll get use to it.

• Like 2

Played as Jason 5 times tonight, got a wipe in every match. Escaped a few times as counselors, died early on a few mistakes. Trapped twice to an enraged Jason while trying to gain stamina. So if you rush objectives amd get them done early, its about the same. If Jason hits rage, they have to suck to not get the counselors. My first match as Jason I had a group of 4 take off my mask. Then I walked through all 4 entirely too easily.

This isn't just a situation of "need a stronger weapon", its "need of one of three possible weapons on a map". Otherwise he is an invincible juggernaut. This is encouraging looping more.

I admit Jason needed a buff, but this is silly. Players should have some sort of way of defending themselves. I could see making him invincible in the last 5 minutes of gameplay, but 10 minutes in is ridiculous. 

I am not a Jason troll, but I do think not being able to stun to gain a quick bit of stamina while he is in rage mode is unreasonable. How else are we supposed to keep going or distracting while others push the objectives? What can you do with Bugzy other than run and take 90 seconds to put gas in once he is on Rage? Which with range of Sense during Rage, seems a bit improbable that it gets done even against a beginner Jason.

I dont think it being drastic either. Like anyone else, we all have a learning curve. Doesn't mean the buff isnt a bit too much. 

Also, people should stop assuming only Jason trolls are unhappy with the rage buff. The opposite can be said where only people that cried about being killed as Jason wanted this buff. Its obviously untrue. Jason needed a buff. I think this buff is a bit extreme personally. 

10 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

My first game with this patch I escaped on a boat. 

My second game I survived the night, pocket knives and traps are even more valuable. Not impossible to juke.

and I saw Jason get killed tonight. Decent Part 9 Jason too.

If a Jason player has done a good job defending. Good for him, as a counselor you just need to adapt and raise your skill level a couple notches, and in no time you’ll be escaping and killing Jason with relative ease. 

Perhaps you may need a smidge more skill now than you did prior to this patch, but you’ll get use to it.

You seemed to have missed the part where I don't like it from Jason's side either. The core problem was Jason lacked the tools needed for dealing with counselors. That hasn't changed. 

• Like 1

Yup this game is garbage now, soon as Jason chases you ,stamina runs out and your dead, what a joke. I’m guessing they got the input from the 30 or so cry babies on here bitching how weak Jason was good work guys its like a protest the vocal minority complain well most people thought everything was fine @mattshotcha

14 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

You seemed to have missed the part where I don't like it from Jason's side either. The core problem was Jason lacked the tools needed for dealing with counselors. That hasn't changed. 

Well said sir. I am in the same boat there. I dont think enough ideas were brought to the table, otherwise feasibility and programming or lawsuit must have quashed the other ideas.

Adding a larger AoE on swing damage-great. Would like to have some more combat improvements though. Improved blocking. Not switching to combat stance to block for instance, would change a whole lot of combat situations. A charged attack where either Jason sprints quickly, briefly or hold and charge to swing in either 180 or 360. 

Add a feature like DbD's Blood lust where after pursuing one counselor for an extended period of time, Jason goes into a frenzy and chases faster. 

I think little to no stuns after is too much. Even playing as Jason. It feels like you have a cheat code on to walk through 4 counselors swinging at you. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Nope. I didn’t miss a thing. 

Just because I wrote a post on this forum, and left some details out, doesn’t mean my stance on Jason is forever bound by a few posts.

I would also like to see more tools added to Jason’s arsenal. However I could argue he just had a significant boost to a few prior tools, but I’m totally game for more.

The fact is,  Counselors had it sooooo easy. Now they just have it easy. No need for the “sooooo” any more, but still easy non the less.

7 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Nope. I didn’t miss a thing. 

Just because I wrote a post on this forum, and left some details out, doesn’t mean my stance on Jason is forever bound by a few posts.

I would also like to see more tools added to Jason’s arsenal. However I could argue he just had a significant boost to a few prior tools, but I’m totally game for more.

The fact is,  Counselors had it sooooo easy. Now they just have it easy. No need for the “sooooo” any more, but still easy non the less.

For me, it's not about how easy. It's about whether or not it is fun. It is fun to hide around corners and do a sneak hit. It is fun to square off and fight Jason. What's not fun is looping over and over. Counselors have been neutered. Literally, their balls have been cut off.

• Like 2

Just now, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

For me, it's not about how easy. It's about whether or not it is fun. It is fun to hide around corners and do a sneak hit. It is fun to square off and fight Jason. What's not fun is looping over and over.

Fair enough.

not much has changed for me. I still escape and fight Jason. Just the last 5-10 minutes of a match it’s more difficult, and I welcome the challenge.

Also remember that fun goes both ways here. 

Counselors had and still have it very easy in this game. Just by the amount of time people play counselors they will naturally be more skilled at it, as playing Jason is rare in comparison. I got the 1000 rounds as a counselor within a few months of release. I still haven’t played Jason 1000 rounds almost 2 years later.

Set traps, save your pocket knives, and fight than flight. 

No need to drag on a match for 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

How does it buff Vanessa? 

Even Vanessa will run out of stamina. 

Because Vanessa doesn’t waste stamina as much with her speed, it’s clearly a buff to her. 

My idea has always been specific weapon immunity. As in: Get stunned by a bat twice, never get stunned by a bat ever again even by another counselor. Same goes with all of the other weapons. If the match lasts the full 20 minutes then it ultimately amounts to the same thing we have now, but at least there would be still a chance that something could stun him but it would be a gamble because unless everybody sticks together then nobody would know what weapons had already been used. I think this idea would work a lot better than invulnerability to all weapons except shotgun at rage. 

Got seven matches in this evening, I was never Jason. I survived 4 of 3 matches. One match had a troll that ran over more people then Jason killed. One had a Savini go in to rage early because of what looked like a bully squad and wiped the lobby. One had people quitting right off the bat until there was just a few left then Jason quit. In the matches I survived Jason was at about 4/8 except one, 0/8. 

The only difference as far as I can tell is that counselors actually, cooperatively, jumped on objectives right away. It was something I haven't seen for a long time. And honestly, it seemed to be to Jason's detriment. 

Unfortunately they were small maps, but nonetheless it was refreshing to see. I've not seen this many escapes this consistently for a while. Not to mention people were actually taking parts to objectives. 

15 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Got seven matches in this evening, I was never Jason. I survived 4 of 3 matches. One match had a troll that ran over more people then Jason killed. One had a Savini go in to rage early because of what looked like a bully squad and wiped the lobby. One had people quitting right off the bat until there was just a few left then Jason quit. In the matches I survived Jason was at about 4/8 except one, 0/8. 

The only difference as far as I can tell is that counselors actually, cooperatively, jumped on objectives right away. It was something I haven't seen for a long time. And honestly, it seemed to be to Jason's detriment. 

Unfortunately they were small maps, but nonetheless it was refreshing to see. I've not seen this many escapes this consistently for a while. Not to mention people were actually taking parts to objectives. 

Of course there will be more escapes. There is no incentive to fight or really even to pick up any weapons mid game. Players should be able to escape if they want. They should be able to fight if they want. They should be able to hide and run time out if they want. I'm not having much fun tonight. I like popping Jason once in a while. I like juking with a penalty for Jason, and I like weapons that actually have an effect. Im really pissy with the update, and it's not going to change. I'm not a troll, but I do like to have the option to fight available. There is something to be said about gitting gud. It isn't going to save time on matches either because players are just going to loop and run out the clock. It's actually easier to do just that without fighting back because when you set up Jason for a hit, you always take a chance. Anyway, it all sucks, and maybe it's time to walk away for a while.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

gitting gud

Worst phrase in human history. You could be making the most insightful, intelligent post ever and using that phrase just invalidates and pisses all over everything you just said. Stop it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Of course there will be more escapes. There is no incentive to fight or really even to pick up any weapons mid game. Players should be able to escape if they want. They should be able to fight if they want. They should be able to hide and run time out if they want. I'm not having much fun tonight. I like popping Jason once in a while. I like juking with a penalty for Jason, and I like weapons that actually have an effect. Im really pissy with the update, and it's not going to change. I'm not a troll, but I do like to have the option to fight available. There is something to be said about gitting gud. It isn't going to save time on matches either because players are just going to loop and run out the clock. It's actually easier to do just that without fighting back because when you set up Jason for a hit, you always take a chance. Anyway, it all sucks, and maybe it's time to walk away for a while.

Take a break come back after you’ve decompressed, I hear Resident Evil 2 is fantastic... not sure if you play those types of games it’s on my short list to pick up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Take a break come back after you’ve decompressed, I hear Resident Evil 2 is fantastic... not sure if you play those types of games it’s on my short list to pick up.

I'm thinking Darksiders III. I'm at the end of Darksiders II, but I didn't do the final battles because I wanted to save completing the game. F13 has been my game religiously, and I mean way too religiously, the last year and a half. I bitch and moan here and there, but the path they are taking by always cutting something from the game is clearly not going to change. I think overall, I'm just flat out disappointed they didn't listen to the forums and make some truly considerate changes to balance things out. They took the the cheap ass shortcut and said f@#^ it. I'm just flat out disappointed. I think they are going to lose players on this one. I really do, and it's going to be the experienced ones that could actually keep the game going with strong lobbies that they are going to lose.

Hey guys, I’m new here. 

I’ve been creeping on the forums for awhile & this update finally made me create an account.

I’m personally very disappointed in this update. It took all the “fun” out of the game. For me the thrill was in the fight. I believe wayyy to many people consider it “trolling” without giving it a second thought. I consider it getting under Jason’s skin & waisting his time while everyone else works on objectives.

The counter to this? Don’t rage so hard that you ignore everything else that’s going on. Chad or Vanessa’s JOB is to keep you busy. NOW they can no longer do that. Now fighting Jason is technically helping him (get into rage faster) so now all that’s important is repair and stamina. That’s it. Once Jason hits rage you might as well sit the controller down and let the inevitable happen because no amount of skill will save you anymore.

What fun is Jason now that you are basically invincible once you hit rage? The joy of FINALLY getting that one annoying player that has been outplaying you all game is now gone, now the only reason you got him is because you became invincible. 

Now all of us that have been playing for years get to be destroyed by any noob that has even a basic understanding of the game.

Well I for one LOVE the changes to Jason now. I had such a blast after rage watching them hit me but have no affect. I was only Jason once but that was Pack small. Only one or two were doing objectives. 3 of them were dicking around so I killed them pretty quickly. I'd say about 4 - 5 minutes into the match someone entered my shack. Two AJ's actually. I wasn't on my game so I was missing a lot of swings and grabs. Tommy two minutes later. I was about 75% till rage. I chased them for a bit as they tried to get my mask off. I went into rage right as my mask was taken off. Tommy only had a bat so I was able to kill the sweater girl at the fireplace. After killing Tommy there was only Fox and Tiffany left. Tiffany was a great juker and I laughed out loud when trying to go for Fox she swung and no stun. Fox then dropped firecrackers which did nothing and Tiff swung again and broke her weapon. It took another 3 minutes to finally catch Tiffany but that was the most fun I've had as Jason in a long time.

I feel the same way on the counselor side. I was able to escape twice before Jason even got rage. Most of the people in the lobbies I played dicked around. held car parts, things like that. Most people are still trying to kill Jason it just makes it more difficult because you are on a time crunch. 5 matches I saw people trying to kill Jason. When they fix the shotgun glitch in rage for the kill this isn't really going to change a whole lot. You just need to kill Jason before rage to have a better chance.

• Like 1

After playing as Jason for 3 rounds I have an actual opinion of him gameplay wise...

It's just not fun to play as Jason anymore.  There is no strategy involved.  You just walk around aimlessly after trapping objectives because the counselors have no chance at really doing anything of value.  Group of 2 or 3? Just walk in swinging, who cares if they hit you, closer to rage!  See a trap on the ground?  Shift past it?  Not anymore, closer to rage!   You can play Jason however you want, as good as you or as bad as you want - as long as you trap objectives, and it simply doesn't matter anymore as you're going to 8/8 almost every lobby. 

I say almost every lobby because there are people who were really good at just kiting before this patch showed up and they'll still be just as good now. 

Right now, getting that player who can actual window hop, kite, use doors to their advantage is the only challenge you have as Jason anymore. 

And as stated, picking up any weapon besides an axe, machete or shotgun is completely pointless now.  There is zero reason to hit Jason with a baseball bat that can only stun him when it's going to fill his rage meter just the same as a damage weapon like an axe.  Once Jason gets rage, if you have firecrackers you might as well just drop them, if you have any weapon but a shotgun don't bother.

First match after downloading the patch I was Jason. Got down to the last three counselors, and walked through the firecrackers and a bat from a Chad who must not have heard there was a new sheriff in town. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

I can see this possibly leading to a decrease in the average Jason's combat skills. Once I got Rage I was feeling cocky as hell, whereas before I would have been very cautious fighting a Chad and a Tommy. Tonight I was hoping they hadn't learned yet and almost begging them to try and hit me so they'd come in closer.

While trying to finish off Tommy (the last player), though, he did hit and stun me while I was in Rage. It was the hit that knocked my mask off. Is that still a thing, the demasking hit also being a stunner no matter what?
I think he hit me with a board. It wasn't even a good weapon, just whatever he had handy.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The remake of Resident Evil 2 is very nicely done. I'm going through it now. For fans of the PS1 game, consider getting this one as well.

1 hour ago, BlkHawk said:

Hey guys, I’m new here. 

I’ve been creeping on the forums for awhile & this update finally made me create an account.

I’m personally very disappointed in this update. It took all the “fun” out of the game. For me the thrill was in the fight. I believe wayyy to many people consider it “trolling” without giving it a second thought. I consider it getting under Jason’s skin & waisting his time while everyone else works on objectives.

The counter to this? Don’t rage so hard that you ignore everything else that’s going on. Chad or Vanessa’s JOB is to keep you busy. NOW they can no longer do that. Now fighting Jason is technically helping him (get into rage faster) so now all that’s important is repair and stamina. That’s it. Once Jason hits rage you might as well sit the controller down and let the inevitable happen because no amount of skill will save you anymore.

What fun is Jason now that you are basically invincible once you hit rage? The joy of FINALLY getting that one annoying player that has been outplaying you all game is now gone, now the only reason you got him is because you became invincible. 

Now all of us that have been playing for years get to be destroyed by any noob that has even a basic understanding of the game.

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay at camp.

Today is just day one of the patch. I'm sure with all the feedback given about it, some adjustments will be made. It won't happen overnight, but it'll happen sooner or later.