xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

14 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I haven’t played the update yet, but it sounds to me like it is even more important than ever for people to work in teams to get shit done and not waste so much time looking for knives and sprays. If you find that fuse then you need to get it in asap. The my dad is a cop perk all of a sudden rises in importance, same with all stamina perks. Perks like thrasher, not so much. 

lol yep basically they are telling us if you don't find a way to escape within ten minutes you're as good as dead meat! Not a good way to balance a game in my opinion.

9 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Your combat skills aren’t useless. Just be smart, and have a escape plan in place.

Using your brain and having an escape plan in place is now more valuable.

the Skill level has been increased, and if you actually put as many hours as you have, why wouldn’t you want an increase in the skill level?

Thank you for your reply, the answer to your question is because I don't enjoy escaping too much I used to be a solo AJ player, fix things and get out before Jason sees you. Now I have my team of friends and we like to fight back and try to kill Jason (without trolling or insulting Jason). This patch makes this impossible, if you can't stun Jason you can't really fight as the grab kill is almost guaranteed

9 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I understand your point and passion, all the hours spent on the game should be considered valuable.

most members on this forum have asked for buffs to Jason, none have asked for invincibility during rage... except when smashing through a door or wall it just makes sense....

it is quite upsetting when other members come to the forums insinuating that the majority of the members that asked for a stronger Jason “cried” for an easy button to kill counselors... when that is simple not the case.... go to the suggestion section and find the tread about Jason is weak.... most ask for meat shielding and a more responsive block and more Hp for Jason..and stun resistance buffs.

now I will say that this new rage immunity caught most members by surprise and is going to cause a change in playstyle, and if after adapting to the changes still results in backfire from the community I expect more changes will be made I know I wouldn’t care if firecrackers and flares still stunned Jason in rage mode at least there are more of them than shotguns.

I don't think I have insinuated anything so malicious and if I gave you that impression I apologize. My point is that I can cope with a buff Jason, it means I may need to improve my skills even more and that's absolutely fine I like difficult matches. 

What I cannot accept is that an aspect of the game has been basically removed, and this was MY favourite aspect of the game. This was the reason why I am gaming, right now this is basically gone and I cannot see the rationale of that drastic decision.

A more thoughtful buff is better

9 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

lol yep basically they are telling us if you don't find a way to escape within ten minutes you're as good as dead meat! Not a good way to balance a game in my opinion.

I think my odds of survival now are exactly the same as they had been for the most part. I’ve never been great at direct confrontation but I’ve developed into a pretty decent looper. If other players develop the same skill set I have and learn how to waste even a raging Jason’s time, then that will eventually make my own odds of lasting the full lobby holed up in a large cabin or tool shed even better. There’s not enough time for most Jasons to kill multiple expert loopers in a round. 

I've had some time to think about this, and I still find myself agreeing with the change (with the sole exception of making him unkillable while in Rage).

It doesn't "make combat useless for half the game" - instead, what it's doing is making Rage the new "end of the game". If you're not ready to escape Post-Rage, you're basically dead and the game is basically over.

It shifts the focus of Pre-Rage combat away from simply escaping Jason, and makes it into a desperate action while repair characters do their jobs.

Post-Rage, melee attacks will still break Jason's grip, so you would still have a purpose in helping others escape. But once Rage hits, it's now a desperate rush to the finish line - which makes sense to me.

The one caveat I will add to this is that they absolutely must make Jason killable when he has Rage. In my experience, it was extremely rare to see Jason die before he had Rage. Make it so that any melee hit will knock him to his knees, regardless of whether the hit causes damage/stun damage.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I understand your point and passion, all the hours spent on the game should be considered valuable.

most members on this forum have asked for buffs to Jason, none have asked for invincibility during rage... except when smashing through a door or wall it just makes sense....

it is quite upsetting when other members come to the forums insinuating that the majority of the members that asked for a stronger Jason “cried” for an easy button to kill counselors... when that is simple not the case.... go to the suggestion section and find the tread about Jason is weak.... most ask for meat shielding and a more responsive block and more Hp for Jason..and stun resistance buffs.

now I will say that this new rage immunity caught most members by surprise and is going to cause a change in playstyle, and if after adapting to the changes still results in backfire from the community I expect more changes will be made I know I wouldn’t care if firecrackers and flares still stunned Jason in rage mode at least there are more of them than shotguns.

You guys may not have asked for the rage invincibility but now that it's in the game you are now  accepting and praising it like it's a great thing for the game. I and others simply won't go along with it. You should be calling on a reasonable buff to Jason instead of going along with the devs decision to buff Jason to OP level.

7 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I think my odds of survival now are exactly the same as they had been for the most part. I’ve never been great at direct confrontation but I’ve developed into a pretty decent looper. If other players develop the same skill set I have and learn how to waste even a raging Jason’s time, then that will eventually make my own odds of lasting the full lobby holed up in a large cabin or tool shed even better. There’s not enough time for most Jasons to kill multiple expert loopers in a round. 

You stand correct, and this doesn't mean EVERYBODY likes to play like that. I do enjoy direct confrontation with Jason and if I lose it's ok. Invincible Jason is another thing

Was just now looping a Jason in rage mode. A couple of times he went into combat stance to fight. Nope. No reason to. Now you just need to loop Jason for 10 minutes. Fun.

So far, what I’ve read has been good. I can’t wait to play online. Jason should’ve always been op! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheex said:

I've had some time to think about this, and I still find myself agreeing with the change (with the sole exception of making him unkillable while in Rage).

It doesn't "make combat useless for half the game" - instead, what it's doing is making Rage the new "end of the game". If you're not ready to escape Post-Rage, you're basically dead and the game is basically over.

It shifts the focus of Pre-Rage combat away from simply escaping Jason, and makes it into a desperate action while repair characters do their jobs.

Post-Rage, melee attacks will still break Jason's grip, so you would still have a purpose in helping others escape. But once Rage hits, it's now a desperate rush to the finish line - which makes sense to me.

The one caveat I will add to this is that they absolutely must make Jason killable when he has Rage. In my experience, it was extremely rare to see Jason die before he had Rage. Make it so that any melee hit will knock him to his knees, regardless of whether the hit causes damage/stun damage.

It makes it impossible to have a more direct approach as rage builds up VERY fast especially as you try to kill Jason (which is a part of the game and part of EVERY film) so I am afraid I cannot agree on your analysis.

Buffs are ok, invincibility doesn't make sense

8 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Was just now looping a Jason in rage mode. A couple of times he went into combat stance to fight. Nope. No reason to. Now you just need to loop Jason for 10 minutes. Fun.

How to ruin a game in one patch...

33 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

As for the scenario you mentioned, a good Jason can and will defeat groups of counselors, blocking in combat stance is a very effective way to deal with them.

Removing the stun after rage is simply silly, this will literally render useless perks like sucker punch, swift attacker and so on perks that people spent time and effort to receive

As you'll notice I didn't mention if some or all of the counselors would survive in my example, I'm talking about what it's like dealing with it. It is not fun. It's fun for the counselors to endlessly pummel Jason, I get it, it's just that now it has an expiration. There's a line that's been drawn. That's fair. 

As for the latter, those perks will remain useful as you defend a repair counselor that's helping you to escape.

As far as perks and "time and effort" go, c'mon, it's a slot machine. We all know what getting perks takes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

You must have been playing against a sucky ass Jason because any decent Jason should have easily killed you once your stamina ran out.

1 minute ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

You stand correct, and this doesn't mean EVERYBODY likes to play like that. I do enjoy direct confrontation with Jason and if I lose it's ok. Invincible Jason is another thing

I think that's a shame that the game has lost its value to you. I still disagree that it's necessarily made combat pointless, but I do still see your point.

Just now, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

It makes it impossible to have a more direct approach as rage builds up VERY fast especially as you try to kill Jason (which is a part of the game and part of EVERY film) so I am afraid I cannot agree on your analysis.

Buffs are ok, invincibility doesn't make sense

Absolutely fair point of view. I wouldn't be against the idea of the devs reducing the amount of Rage Jason gains from being hit, personally. Maybe make it a logarithmic scale - the closer you are to the actual end of the game, the more Rage Jason gains from being hit.

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

As you'll notice I didn't mention if some or all of the counselors would survive in my example, I'm talking about what it's like dealing with it. It is not fun. It's fun for the counselors to endlessly pummel Jason, I get it, it's just that now it has an expiration. There's a line that's been drawn. That's fair. 

As for the latter, those perks will remain useful as you defend a repair counselor that's helping you to escape.

As far as perks and "time and effort" go, c'mon, it's a slot machine. We all know what getting perks takes.

well to me to get no penalty 20% swift attacker, 25% sucker punch, 10% medic took go to 150 and restart and go back up to 148 (where I stand now) so I would consider this time and effort.

And I understand you may have met terrible counselors but I don't think making Jason invincible is a solution, I never denied fixing issues and buffing Jason. I have no problem with that

58 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

You guys may not have asked for the rage invincibility but now that it's in the game you are now  accepting and praising it like it's a great thing for the game. I and others simply won't go along with it. You should be calling on a reasonable buff to Jason instead of going along with the devs decision to buff Jason to OP level.

I have not played the patch enough to praise anything I have said that I agree with the developers that a change to buff Jason was needed and I don’t see this as taking an aspect of the game away especially for half the match as others stated..... it does change how that mechanic was used and requires a more powerful weapon to get a stun on Jason in Rage which is not a bad thing at all.

and what you think I should do to make the game more enjoyable for yourself doesn’t appeal to me at all.

What I will do is spend a ton of time playing the game which is what you should be doing also....to see if this change works on a different level than what you have been used to.

1 hour ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

so, first of all, I apologize if I have been disrespectful in clarifying my ideas.

I do accept your point and I simply say that combat WAS and HAS ALWAYS been a part of the game. So within the rules of the game I should be allowed to use it, right now this is not possible for half a match, try it yourself.

I don't have any issue when a Jason with my same skill level destroys me in a 1v1 fight, at the same time I expect my skill, skill that I have developed in hundreds of hours of gameplay, to be worth something.

Right now is useless, I am simply asking for combat to be present.

Rage mode should make Jason's slashes stronger and maybe reduce the stun rate, not remove the fight completely. It doesn't seem I am asking for the moon. I have never complained since week one of the game but this is too much

The only people that are bothered are the ones who just troll Jason , of you have spent hundreds of hours on this game and played the game without trolling Jason , nothing would be wasted.

• Like 2

I'm calling it. This game flat out sucks now. No hiding around corners to hit Jason in a late chase. Nothing to do but run out of stamina and die because he just grabs you when you land a hit for stamina. THIS F'N SUCKS. There's your feedback from a $140 kickstarter backer with level 150 on PS4 and Xbox. You know, you didn't just make it too easy for Jason, you killed the fun of the chase. FUCK.

• Like 1

Combat is still very much apart of the game, you just need to play smarter about it @nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co

3 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I'm calling it. This game flat out sucks now. No hiding around corners to hit Jason in a late chase. Nothing to do but run out of stamina and die because he just grabs you when you land a hit for stamina. THIS F'N SUCKS. There's your feedback from a $140 kickstarter backer with level 150 on PS4 and Xbox. You know, you didn't just make it too easy for Jason, you killed the fun of the chase. FUCK.

I’m calling your call premature, take that as you will, 😉.

(Edit had this 😝 emoji before but that left me open to some rather lewd jokes, lol)

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Combat is still very much apart of the game, you just need to play smarter about it @nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co

I’m calling your call premature, take that as you will, 😝.

How have the first couple of matches gone so far ?

20 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

well to me to get no penalty 20% swift attacker, 25% sucker punch, 10% medic took go to 150 and restart and go back up to 148 (where I stand now) so I would consider this time and effort.

Wait, why'd you have to restart? Was it for the extra XP/CP when levelling up?

Because freaking hell, that's a lot of grinding.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m calling your call premature, take that as you will, 😉.

(Edit had this 😝 emoji before but that left me open to some rather lewd jokes, lol)

If by smarter, you mean running and hiding or looping for 10 minutes, that feels kinda lame. 

They just need to make it tougher for Jason to get to Rage. Or put a timer on it. Rage at 3:00 left in the game. That's enough time for a skilled Jason to take out bully players. Enough time for skilled councelors to escape his clutches.

51 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Thank you for your reply, the answer to your question is because I don't enjoy escaping too much I used to be a solo AJ player, fix things and get out before Jason sees you. Now I have my team of friends and we like to fight back and try to kill Jason (without trolling or insulting Jason). This patch makes this impossible, if you can't stun Jason you can't really fight as the grab kill is almost guaranteed

Killing Jason was too easy. 

Now its somewhat difficult, but not impossible.

getting a Jason kill should be difficult, and not something that happens every game or even every 10-20 games. Killing Jason should be earned.

I hope they make it even harder to get a Jason kill. Give him more HP and punished Counselors with a stamina drain everytime they swing a weapon and miss.

as a counselor I want and welcome the challenge.

And don’t worry you’ll still kill Jason, just adapt to the new mechanics