xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

10 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The team is investigating and we'll get back to you guys on this as soon as possible.

Hello team, I have been a player since week one and I own everything there is to own in the game, besides Savini. This rage invincibility will probably be the reason why I will stop playing. I think you have a chance to rethink this as you are effectively removing a big part of the game that is combat for almost half the match. Please rethink this, buff Jason but don't make him invincible. This is not DBD . thank you!

10 hours ago, DasMurich said:

In which way? You can't get his mask off without him going in to rage?

If you're experimenting, try it against different Jasons as well. 

as I said we are trying with the best damage team members we have Tommy plus 25% axe damage and +19% damage potent ranger and bugsy with 5% friendship buff with 4 counsellors around (so +20% damage) 

And so far, the masks comes off and rage is also present .

And to be honest in a realistic game you wouldn't be able to do this because Jason doesn't stand there to be beaten by Tommy and Bugsy... this situation is severely compromised

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Guys you need to calm down about the not being able to kill during rage thing. I would bet any amount of money that it was not supposed to be like this in the patch. It will be corrected with a patch fix. If you look at the patch notes at the bottom it even says, “killing Jason is not affected”.  This is just a screw up from adjusting it so he can’t be stunned during rage. A side affect that they didn’t think about.  

• Like 1

I think they quick patched the original patch because The first one was 2.9 gig and about 30-40 minutes later It started downloading another 4.7 gig one I haven't tested anything since the second one.

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

Guys you need to calm down about the not being able to kill during rage thing. I would bet any amount of money that it was not supposed to be like this in the patch. It will be corrected with a patch fix. If you look at the patch notes at the bottom it even says, “killing Jason is not affected”.  This is just a screw up form adjusting it so he can’t be stunned during rage. A aide affect that they didn’t think about.  

you are probably correct about killing Jason, still doesn't solve how silly is the rage invincibility. I suggest you to try a match and see how unbalanced this is. It is harder than it ever was. Try and see.

Good thing is that matchmaking is way faster, so props for that

• Like 1

I’ve been playing for the last 2 hours. I like it. It was so sweet the first time I was in rage and someone “grab baited” me, and hit me, and all that happened was me grabbing them and punching their head off. They must not have read the patch notes. lol 

36 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

The team is investigating and we'll get back to you guys on this as soon as possible.

One more thing how can you guys claim you all tested this patch out for days and not catch that he can't be killed in rage mode? There's something not right with the way you guys are doing things. You guys made a fun game but now the incompetence is starting to ruin it. Fix this mistake before you have very little player base left!

@nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co 

Reference this here.......

How Many Hits To Demask

There's a range reported here in this thread, lowest number being 1. I trust the numbers reported so, it can be done. 

Maybe players are just going to have to very skillfully get his mask off and then take the mask to collect the sweater undetected like it was intended. Wouldn't be the worst thing.

8 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

I’ve been playing for the last 2 hours. I like it. It so sweet the first time I was in rage and someone “grab baited” me, and hit me, and all that happened was me grabbing them and punching their head off. They must not have read the patch notes. lol 

I am glad you are liking it :) I am not lol

6 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

@nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co 

Reference this here.......

How Many Hits To Demask

There's a range reported here in this thread, lowest number being 1. I trust the numbers reported so, it can be done. 

Maybe players are just going to have to very skillfully get his mask off and then take the mask to collect the sweater undetected like it was intended. Wouldn't be the worst thing.

the mask does come off, BUT it triggers rage very fast that's the problem

15 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Hello team, I have been a player since week one and I own everything there is to own in the game, besides Savini. This rage invincibility will probably be the reason why I will stop playing. I think you have a chance to rethink this as you are effectively removing a big part of the game that is combat for almost half the match. Please rethink this, buff Jason but don't make him invincible. This is not DBD . thank you!

I feel you 110%. This is just not the way to go. They claim they tested this out for days but yet can't tell how unbalanced this is for the majority of the player base. Even as a Jason player there's no fun or challenge anymore when I know I'm going to kill everyone in the lobby. Mark my words this rage invincibility mistake is going to come back to bite them in the ass big time! Especially if they don't fix it I will eventually end up stop playing it altogether.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Treymaker said:

LOL. I’m a level 150 player that has been playing since the game launched. I have every badge, tape, and trophy except for Ph. D in Murder, because I haven’t tried to get it yet. I’m telling you all this not to brag, but just to give you an idea of how many hours I’ve logged in the game. I would classify myself as a very high level player. I’m not some newbie mad because they can’t kill anyone as Jason. 

Being able to “bait” the grab and stun Jason isn’t a sign of skill. It was just taking advantage of a broken grab mechanic. Believe me, I’ve been on both sides of it. And I can tell you, a high level Vanessa, that can kite and bait grabs and run the perks I mentioned before, is going to get the best of a high level Jason player most of the time. And if you are a walking Jason, lol, forget about it. I’ve witnessed high level Jason’s chase high level Vanessa’s for 8 straight minutes. Getting kited and bait stunned.  

The whole point is that people should not be tracking Jason down to kite and stun him. They should not be passing up opportunities to escape by the cops or in a vehicle, because they want to troll Jason, waste everyone else’s time, and run out the timer. They should be running away trying to escape if possible. Engaging Jason as an absolute last resort. These changes will get the game closer to that point.  

100%agree you should want to avoid Jason. Vanessa and Chads are and will always be trash. They just use up the limited resources that are needed to escape.

10 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

I’ve been playing for the last 2 hours. I like it. It was so sweet the first time I was in rage and someone “grab baited” me, and hit me, and all that happened was me grabbing them and punching their head off. They must not have read the patch notes. lol 

This is good to hear. After reading all these posts I'm really tempted to set my preference to counselor and see how "impossible" it is now regardless of how much I want to take Jason out for a spin.

2 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

I feel you 110%. This is just not the way to go. They claim they tested this out for days but yet can't tell how unbalanced this is for the majority of the player base. Even as a Jason player there's no fun or challenge anymore when I know I'm going to kill everyone in the lobby. Mark my words this rage invincibility mistake is going to come back to bite them in the ass big time! Especially if they don't fix it I will eventually end up stop playing it altogether.

How? How will this “bite them in the ass” the goal is to escape and not dick around on a map.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

yes you are very correct!

I don't really know how someone thought this was a good idea... they are literally thrashing fighting perks like sucker punch that people worked hard to acquire... Please devs buff Jason but don't make him invincible

9 hours ago, shodan said:

How? How will this “bite them in the ass” the goal is to escape and not dick around on a map.

Escape by all means necessary this includes combat that now is effectively removed for half a match.

Weapons are part of the game, killing Jason is part of the game. Right now BOTH are pointless when rage mode is active

9 hours ago, DasMurich said:

This is good to hear. After reading all these posts I'm really tempted to set my preference to counselor and see how "impossible" it is now regardless of how much I want to take Jason out for a spin.

it is not impossible by any means, you can escape like before. It is impossible to fight, you can't save other counsellors when grabbed because Jason regrabs and you run out of weapons. It is simply a mechanism which is wrong as it removes a part of the game turning f13 into DBD

Honest opinion, while I haven’t played in a while, this change isn’t good. The weapon change is, but the no stun isn’t. It ruins all form of counterplay. Add a decrease in stun duration, but don’t add the no stun.

lol, undoubtedly not everyone caught on that flares and melee weapons won’t work once rage hits:

also, did they fix the quick block problem? I had no problem blocking a door attack while not in rage yet:

@mattshotcha, can you ask the team if they made any changes to off host blocking. It may have been a fluke, but I’ve never been able to block as fast as I did in the video above without being host. 

Just now, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Escape by all means necessary this includes combat that now is effectively removed for half a match.

Weapons are part of the game, killing Jason is part of the game. Right now BOTH are pointless when rage mode is active

Thanks for underscoring my point. You have plenty of time to escape, my best time is out is out under two minutes.  If you think “shopping” for stuff is a and not pushing your escape than...well you deserve to die.

1 minute ago, shodan said:

Thanks for underscoring my point. You have plenty of time to escape, my best time is out is out under two minutes.  If you think “shopping” for stuff is a and not pushing your escape than...well you deserve to die.

That is a good score by all means and I am absolutely NOT denying you may enjoy escaping. I prefer to fight and if I die I die, so be it, I will do a new match. Right now this is basically removed. This patch removes an aspect of the game that some people like.

You don't need to be a jerk to like to fight, you can do so being respectful like I do. I don't see why this is an issue

6 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Exactly you can't always escape right away when the other counselors aren't fixing anything on the map. Sometimes you have to rely on your fighting skills to survive the night. Now as a lone survivor i'm completely powerless. The guys that suck as Jason have totally ruined the game by complaining about Jason being bullied. Now the devs are literally holding their hand while they play as Jason.

Just now, SirMang said:

@Dragonfire82877

Quick block has always worked fine if you are host.  Were you host during that gameplay? 

No sir I was not. That’s why I was asking. Sorry for not clarifying that. 

32 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

In which way? You can't get his mask off without him going in to rage?

If you're experimenting, try it against different Jasons as well. 

On a side note, I'm kind of perplexed on how distraught people are that they can't kill Jason. Yes, the devs need to fix it but honestly only kinda. Killing Jason was supposed to be a rare and difficult thing. It seems players have gotten in to the mindset that it's the way to win. It's been too easy and I think this outrage is a bit of the fruit of that.

Exactly, it is a very spoiled and entitled viewpoint.... this patch has just hit and it’s like the end of the world.... They are acting like drug addicts needing a fix or something...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

No sir I was not. That’s why I was asking. Sorry for not clarifying that. 

Hmmm interesting...that makes Jason even more overpowered than what we do know so far.  lol

9 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Exactly, it is a very spoiled and entitled viewpoint.... this patch has just hit and it’s like the end of the world.... They are acting like drug addicts needing a fix or something...

This is one of those things that if the game released this way, no one would have complained.  But counselors have had it on easy mode now for over a year and this definitely takes away easy mode.  People hate change, especially change that makes things more difficult.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Exactly you can't always escape right away when the other counselors aren't fixing anything on the map. Sometimes you have to rely on your fighting skills to survive the night. Now as a lone survivor i'm completely powerless. The guys that suck as Jason have totally ruined the game by complaining about Jason being bullied. Now the devs are literally holding their hand while they play as Jason.

I am flabbergasted by the fact that someone thought it was ok to basically remove one aspect of the game... 

As for your last sentence, a good Jason has always had the chance to win 1v1, most Jason who lost to counsellors had a level of fighting skills not comparable to the counsellors, which is perfectly fine... 

I hope this patch will be fixed as soon as possible

13 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Honest opinion, while I haven’t played in a while, this change isn’t good. The weapon change is, but the no stun isn’t. It ruins all form of counterplay. Add a decrease in stun duration, but don’t add the no stun.

Exactly these players want a cakewalk when they play as Jason. They don't know the meaning of a challenge or having fun trying to kill someone who's putting up a fight! They simply want it to be as easy as possible to kill as Jason. To me there's zero fun in that way of thinking. I don't mind buffiing Jason but you gotta do it right where there's still a chance to fight him off. Once again body blocking and buffing his swing in rage mode would have been just fine to defend yourself against a gang of attackers. Now the devs have gone way too far with this rage invincibility crap! I'm making a big deal about this because this is one of my favorite games of all time. But now it seems like the devs are hellbent on ruining it for me and many others.