xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

16 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Ok then you can do all that and maybe not be eligible to come back as Tommy if you're one of the first few to die or you could make sure Jason kills you if you're one of the first few to die and you do want to be eligible to come back as Tommy. It's really not that hard to figure out and honestly not worth arguing about.

Suicide=not Tommy

Killed by Jason=possible to be Tommy

Murder by counselor bear trap/betrayed=???

Wasn't arguing. Just stating that if you make a mistake or attempt to survive for a little longer you shouldn't be punished because of it. Just my opinion, not a debate. I understand that ultimately things like this are hypothetical and relatively infrequent. But it does happen. As someone just stated, it's a decision to make on chancing it or not and if your goal is to be Tommy or not.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Hence some of the testing I'll be doing tomorrow. But I'm betting since it knows the difference on the player board (in game too if you pay attention to that kind of thing), that it is in fact coded differently, and thereby easy to get around. Not that tripping one of Jason's traps wouldn't be an equally easy way to get killed quickly considering Jason will have to tend to the objectives more actively than before to be sure there's anyone left to kill after rage mode kicks in.

I’d argue that it the board doesn’t necessarily “know the difference”. Have you ever escaped only to tell you at the end tell you that you committed suicide? What about it telling you that you have been murdered when in fact you were strangled? The tally at the end is often incorrect. 

Anyways, maybe I’m wrong, but I would think that if the developers are going to make this change then they would take into account ALL of the common ways a person can commit suicide, not just the one or two ways where it says “suicide” at the end of the game. That wouldn’t make any sense. 

Suicide, by definition, means that you killed yourself. Whether it’s by purpose or accident, I’m not entirely sure that it makes a difference ultimately. One thing is for sure is that it wasn’t by the hands of Jason and that’s what is important. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

Just stating that if you make a mistake or attempt to survive for a little longer you shouldn't be punished because of it. 

If it ever truly happens on accident and you do miss out on the opportunity to be Jarvis then you can thank the asshats that ruined it for you by suiciding less than a minute into a match just to be Jarvis. 

4 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Anyways, maybe I’m wrong, but I would think that if the developers are going to make this change then they would take into account ALL of the common ways a person can commit suicide,

Time will tell...

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

If it ever truly happens on accident and you do miss out on the opportunity to be Jarvis then you can thank the asshats that ruined it for you by suiciding less than a minute into a match just to be Jarvis. 

I think that I will somehow manage my disappointment. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I think that I will somehow manage my disappointment. 

It's not really a big deal. But I enjoy surviving for as long as I can and at all costs as opposed to submitting just to become Tommy. Different play styles. Sometimes I start in front of the phone house and wouldn't you know, here comes Jason!

As far as returning as Jarvis, I have seen many many people walk out and stand in front of Jason to be killed, right off the bat. That happens too. What I'm talking about is not THAT rare lol. Getting chased down immediately when you start and resorting to window hopping if there is no other cabin nearby and you don't think you'll have enough stamina to make it.

2 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

It's not really a big deal. But I enjoy surviving for as long as I can and at all costs as opposed to submitting just to become Tommy. Different play styles. Sometimes I start in front of the phone house and wouldn't you know, here comes Jason!

As far as returning as Jarvis, I have seen many many many people walk out and stand in front of Jason to be killed, right off the bat. That happens too.

If you're kiting then I'd say at max you'll only make it until shortly after mid match now anyway...

9 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

If you're kiting then I'd say at max you'll only make it until shortly after mid match now anyway...

Might get lucky! 

Let's go back into hypothetical mode for a moment, you start, he is on your ass from the word go, he chases you all around and inside and out of a small cabin until it's all broken, you're hurt, someone makes a noise with an objective and he decides to leave you and stop that instead or continue setting up for the late game. This literally happens almost every time I play. Again, really not arguing. In my opinion all ways of surviving are equal (except cheating) and should not be treated the same as a person who abuses the game in some way. 

1 minute ago, NightmareFuel said:

Might get lucky! 

Let's go back into hypothetical mode for a moment, you start, he is on your ass from the word go, he chases you all around and inside and out of a cabin until it's all broken, you're hurt, someone makes a noise with an objective and he decides to leave you and stop that instead or continue setting up for the late game. This literally happens almost every time I play. Again, really not arguing. In my opinion all ways of surviving are equal (except cheating) and should not be treated the same as a person who abuses the game in some way. 

Well they're probably not going to change it back for the .1% of the time that it's an accidental suicide because 99.9% of the time it's intentional. Also do those 10 extra seconds honestly make a difference? Or are you really just mad that you don't get to deny Jason the satisfaction of getting a kill just to come back as Tommy and start trolling all over again?

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Well they're probably not going to change it back for the .1% of the time that it's an accidental suicide because 99.9% of the time it's intentional. Also do those 10 extra seconds honestly make a difference? Or are you really just mad that you don't get to deny Jason the satisfaction of getting a kill just to come back as Tommy and start trolling all over again?

1) I agree that they won't change it over that. 

2) I'm of the opinion that any extra seconds make a difference when it means you could find a spray or someone else might come along and help you and voila, you're still in the game.

3) I don't and won't ever troll anyone, because that defeats the purpose of playing and enjoying the game. Keeping yourself alive as long as possible is not trolling, even if it means taking a risk that you may or may not survive another window leap. While some people dance and act like idiots I'm running parts or installing them. Or helping counselors who are injured or in peril. 

15 hours ago, DasMurich said:

And I just realized when you hit rage and are chasing those last couple counselors you'll be able to just rage through the doors and walls without constantly being stunned by them waiting there with a wrench. 

I didn’t realize that until I read it in your post. That’s going to be a great feeling raging through the doors after a counselor with no chance of someone waiting to get a free swing.

I do however see the bear traps getting used more frequently. There have been some matches that I was the only counselor setting traps. There will probably be traps at every door now, lol. 

27 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I didn’t realize that until I read it in your post. That’s going to be a great feeling raging through the doors after a counselor with no chance of someone waiting to get a free swing.

I do however see the bear traps getting used more frequently. There have been some matches that I was the only counselor setting traps. There will probably be traps at every door now, lol. 

would be a good strategy. only way gonna slow the big fella down with Rage. going to see a lot of kiting again. Should be some good game play!

I like the buffs. Jason can still be used as a pinata pre-rage due to game mechanics. Well, now any Jason can have some payback post-rage! This is a good thing. I personally don't like the idea of being 98% sure of survival before a match even begins... Anyway, he will still have a challenge against master loopers. 

I don't see this as a game changer though, because good groups who do objectives will eventually get some done anyway, as before. 

The best part about these buffs are that Jason will be "feared" post-rage. As it should be. Remember, considering the original marketing (play as your favorite mass-murderer and butcher counselors) and that you still get only a 1/8 chance to be Jason, the game shouldn't be catered to the counselors. At this moment, if the lobby is even half decent, there are only a handfull of Jasons I've met (looking at you @RustInPeace ) that kill me almost everytime. Everyone will still have to earn this kill.

I understand the frustration though. When you're used to smacking Jason around and surviving without a real challenge, it could be frightning for you to really having to work for it..Especially against (your words) "trash Jasons".

Sidenote: I'd happily wellcome even more Jason buffs!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone have info on the hitting multiple players thing? Because you could always do that unless the notes are worded strange or it means Jason can swing more than once with no fixed delay?

Somebody pointed out on Steam that this will work to a teamers advantage.They'll just hit their Jason buddy to get him in rage quicker and make it easier for said Jason. I personally don't encounter teamers very often but they do make a point here.

6 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Somebody pointed out on Steam that this will work to a teamers advantage.They'll just hit their Jason buddy to get him in rage quicker and make it easier for said Jason. I personally don't encounter teamers very often but they do make a point here.

I was thinking this during the stream, but didnt want to say anything to give anyone any ideas. I can see it now though. Hey buddy meet me at the shack, kick my ass til i rage, then tell me where everyone is. Should get some good kiting practice if anything.. haha

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I was thinking this during the stream, but didnt want to say anything to give anyone any ideas. I can see it now though. Hey buddy meet me at the shack, kick my ass til i rage, then tell me where everyone is. Should get some good kiting practice if anything.. haha 

Lol, especially if they'll just block and have a.....
I should better stop.

10 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I should better stop.

Whats up Wolf! Long time no chat!

12 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I should better stop.

Thank you some of our members don’t seem to realize that trolls read the forums too, whatever you were going to share thank you for not sharing. 

Good to see you, should be fun when the patch drops.

Thinking about it a little, maybe they did go a bit overboard with no stun after rage. It’s going to make escaping by foot to the exit damn near impossible on some maps for everybody but Vanessa, Tommy, and Chad.   Most people are going to need to refresh stamina at some point en route. Maybe they should have kept firecrackers able to stun. 

So far, between the boat being heard and the distance you might have to run to the exit, the best odds of survival are either escaping by car or window hopping for 20 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Thinking about it a little, maybe they did go a bit overboard with no stun after rage. It’s going to make escaping by foot to the exit damn near impossible on some maps for everybody but Vanessa, Tommy, and Chad.   Most people are going to need to refresh stamina at some point en route. Maybe they should have kept firecrackers able to stun. 

You hit the nail on the head Count, I main Mitch and use the Firecracker perk for just this reason, looks like I’m switching it back to NoS. 

12 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Whats up Wolf! Long time no chat!

Yeah man, oh boy, a lot of things changed. Friends, games, private Things...oh gosh, the private Things...
To make it short, I went to a psychiatry lol.
Since they announced the changes I thought I'd say something.
@Slasher_Clone, good to see you guys again, I think I'll stay a bit this time.
Edit: I have no Idea, how I messed this post up that bad.
I might as well ask now, is it known when the patch Drops?

Damn this sounds like a bad idea. How is the lone survivor suppose to survive until the end of the match now? This means we can't stun him through the doors anymore when he rages through them. If you're out in the open and need to regain stamina while he's chasing you and you try to stun him most likely he'll grab and kill you now. Shift grabbing will be alot easier to do now seeing as the firecrackers can't stun him any longer while in rage. In order to balance this out they should have at least increased the amount of pocket knives again. All they really had to do to buff Jason was to bring back body blocking and make the swing hit multiple people but only in rage mode. In another words make the swing stronger in rage mode. That would have been a fair compromise.

• Like 1