xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

28 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Exactly! Level 2 dip shit Jasons will now be able to feel like they accomplished something.

Bad Jasons will still suck.

Bad Jason doesn't trap objectives. Bad Jason lazily breaks down cabin doors and walks in, getting smacked in the face with a machete or an axe at the beginning of a match.  Bad Jason can't shift grab.  Bad Jason can't throw knives.  Bad Jason doesn't block.  Bad Jason doesn't use combat stance period. 

Basically Bad Jason has the entire lobby making their way to an exit before rage even starts or is getting killed in the first 5 minutes...had a match last night where we killed him in 5 minutes. 

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Your tears are so yummy..

I just want to lather my body in it.. And then do a back flip into a deep fryer.

Whats the difference?  Difference is this game isn't a fighting game and their needs to be a limit on how much BULLSHIT players can get away with.  Because Jason being easily worked over is complete BULLSHIT.  

Im loving this new patch.  Im actually having fun again players as counselor.  The fear of Jason in rage is real.   

Unlike you.. I love dying in this game.  And I know full well if the game is balanced around 1 vs 1, then when you keep adding more players to the mix the game is horribly unbalanced.

If you want to spend all your time fighting Jason.. then do the right thing.  Die with some dignity.

JASON JASON REVENGE TOUR!!  YAYAY!

Why die with "so-called" dignity when you can just run around a table for 10 minutes. That's what the game is about, right? The game isn't about survival anymore. It's about poor baby Jason needing help to do what others have been doing for over a year now. Playing the game with seasoned counselors who would give you a run for your money. I didn't need a programmed in cheat code to play Jason. Apparently, you do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

Bad Jasons will still suck.

Bad Jason doesn't trap objectives. Bad Jason lazily breaks down cabin doors and walks in, getting smacked in the face with a machete or an axe at the beginning of a match.  Bad Jason can't shift grab.  Bad Jason can't throw knives.  Bad Jason doesn't block.  Bad Jason doesn't use combat stance period. 

Basically Bad Jason has the entire lobby making their way to an exit before rage even starts or is getting killed in the first 5 minutes...had a match last night where we killed him in 5 minutes. 

I agree with this. The major change is post-rage, nothing pre-rage has been changed besides his weapon swing arc now hitting multiple counselors, so SirMang's post is valid.

18 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

So I just played two matches. The first match as a counselor I was able to repair a car (with Vanessa) and get it out before Jason went into rage. 

And then I played Jason and managed to get 8/8 before rage kicked in.

So I have the feeling that players who were already adept at completing objectives and escaping won't be too affected by this patch, and Jasons who are above average (which is where I'm at, I'm not super great or anything) won't have to rely on rage as a crutch, either. 

We played last night and had a bunch of great matches. Escaped alot, died some too. Gotta switch it up when rage hits, and hope you have escape options lined up. Best i can say is when rage hits, dodge cancel your hits to the right and do a short sprint for distance. And in the beginning, get those objectives going and don't hit Jason unless you have to. And if you're playing to kill Jason get it done before rage hits, and still have escape options lined up anyway. Loving this new patch, it's way more challenging to play against Jason now.

4 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Why die with "so-called" dignity when you can just run around a table for 10 minutes

Ooh please.

Good luck running around a table in the last 10 minutes of the game..  When you no longer can stun Jason, gain stamina for the hit, heal and run away again while Jason is just laying all limp due to a stun.

Those days are oooooovvveeerr..lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Ooh please.

Good luck running around a table in the last 10 minutes of the game..  When you no longer can stun Jason, gain stamina for the hit, heal and run away again while Jason is just laying all limp due to sun.

Those days are oooooovvveeerr..lol

Just did it last night repeatedly, sweet cakes. The easiest place to do it is around the spiral stairs in Higgin's Haven. I've been bitching about them fixing it for a while now. I can run out a Jason with Adam and no stamina perks around those steps almost every time except for a sometimes lucky shift.

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

Too bad I sold my PS4 because this game disappointed me so badly.😞

Not sure how that adds to this conversation in any way, but alright.

2 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

it's way more challenging to play against Jason now

I haven't played the new patch, but it sounds like it's back to being better again. I feel Jason should be OP. For me, it should be more challenging trying to survive/escape than it is to kill someone. The game is about teamwork on the part of counselors. Working together to accomplish an escape or offing Jason.

1 minute ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Just did it last night repeatedly, sweet cakes. The easiest place to do it is around the spiral stairs in Higgin's Haven. I've been bitching about them fixing it for a while now. I can run out a Jason with Adam and no stamina perks around those steps.

for 10 mins!? I call bs, maybe for a minute which seems like 10 mins for everyone watching in lobby waiting for game to end cuz its the lamest way of kiting..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Just did it last night repeatedly, sweet cakes. 

And I played against a Jason last night who only got to kill ONE player.  Because he sucked.   At least he wasn't subjected to 20 mins of a beating...

Sorry to burst your bubble chief.    But if he can't catch you at the big kitchen table now.. he probably can't catch you while you run around a coffee table either.

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

I agree with this. The major change is post-rage, nothing pre-rage has been changed besides his weapon swing arc now hitting multiple counselors, so SirMang's post is valid.

Thank you Kodiak.

I still think that Good Jason is made even better with the changes though, to a point where as long as you trap objectives and check map frequently to see if someone PK'd a trap or when a trap gets set off and teleport over to confront them the rest of it is pretty easy mode.  I noticed I can now haphazardly walk around, dare counselors to hit me with their baseball bat, not even care if someone went into my shack and as long as I pay attention to traps and objectives it doesn't matter what else I do.  I think that may be an over correction...the game went from one extreme to the exact opposite.

If that was intended, then the patch hit the mark.  IMO it should be toned down a bit.  I can get behind limiting stun chance in Rage mode but not completely eliminate it.  If Jason is on you end game, you're dead.  It might take 5 minutes to get a good kiter but at some point they're stuck in a 1v1 situation or need stamina and there's no way to win in that situation as a counselor.  I think there should be some chance, albeit slim, to win in that situation. 

Also the obvious not being able to kneel Jason during sweater stun while in Rage needs to be fixed and I take it as a bug, not something intended. 

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

for 10 mins!? I call bs, maybe for a minute which seems like 10 mins for everyone watching in lobby waiting for game to end cuz its the lamest way of kiting..

Closer to 5 minutes. I was exaggerating a little. :) But you're right. It is the lamest way of kiting which is why the new patch sucks. All you can do now is run. Derp.

4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Too bad I sold my PS4 because this game disappointed me so badly.😞

Do you also sell your house when the toilet breaks? 😀

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Why die with "so-called" dignity when you can just run around a table for 10 minutes. 

Good Jason doesn't allow you to get away with that, never has and never will. 

Bad Jason has no idea how to stop you, never has and never will. 

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Good Jason doesn't allow you to get away with that, never has and never will. 

Bad Jason has no idea how to stop you, never has and never will. 

And what kind of Jasons do you think are the majority in Quick Play? Good ones or bad ones? The bad ones are still going to get trolled, now it will just be even more embarrassing and boring to spectators. One thing I noticed last night was a lot more people running around like their heads were cut off. Things were much more random, which is not necessarily a bad thing. There was also a rush for shot guns.

1 minute ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

And what kind of Jasons do you think are the majority in Quick Play? Good ones or bad ones? The bad ones are still going to get trolled, now it will just be even more embarrassing and boring to spectators.

No patch would ever fix that though, that's the thing. 

Unless you're giving Jason the ability to flip or destroy furniture. 

53 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Do you also sell your house when the toilet breaks? 😀

Uhh...yes? Do you continue eating a salad when you find a turd in it?

@x OLd ScRatCh x 😮

🤣<(hooray!) When can I move in?

The thing is with this new rage change, you get all the time in the game up until that point to escape and you still get time to escape afterwards as well. What it means is that if you've failed to escape by the time Jason gets rage or you're the final person alive, your chances are much slimmer. 

Think about it. You're left at Crystal Lake with no assistance and no way out and you're up against a horror movie killer who's literally immortal. You can only run for so long, and you only get so many chances to stun him and save yourself whilst running for your life. The final chase can go on for a certain amount of time, but it shouldn't be a guaranteed counselor kiting victory. If it's just you against Jason and he's enraged, how long realistically do you expect to live for? What do you expect to do against an immortal, supernatural killer? Knives, traps, a shotgun or a demasking will still buy you some time, but you're not expected to dodge Jason endlessly. There comes a point where he'll run you down because he doesn't tire and your character does. It's human vs inhuman. 

Some people seem to be keen on the idea of that final chase, but I'd ask users to see it from Gun's standpoint. As someone previously mentioned, this is an asymmetrical horror game - it isn't even; it's 7v1 or 1v7 (however you choose to look at it). When they were creating this game, do you think they envisioned this game with a 'keep jumping through windows until you run out of stamina or Jason gets bored' victory condition? I don't think so; I think that if you're the last person alive, you're kind of supposed to die. It should be a miracle at that point that keeps you alive, there was ample opportunity to get out before that point. It will be all the more satisfying and memorable when you actually manage to escape against seemingly impossible odds.

I think Gun created the game with those "oh shit I better fucking run or I'm screwed" moments in mind, and rage has brought that tension and fear back with a Jason who is extremely difficult (but not 100% impossible) to stop. It just means cheap, overused tactics are less likely to work, an example being when you hide behind a door for him to rage through so you can bat stun him. For players like me, that wouldn't work anyway because I combat stance block around blind corners indoors and used to chop doors down when I knew someone was behind them instead of raging through them. Now you need a trap, a gun or a knife which are 3 things that would realistically slow him down.

Not impossible, just harder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Not impossible, just harder.

You did it, I’m out of likes but I really like this whole post not just the quote.

Surviving the night means something when Jason is in this new rage, it didn’t before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Referring to it as invincibility is silly, stun immunity and a glitch in the kill would be more true descriptions of what you keep referring to as invincibility.

Even this falls short if things are getting technical. Jason doesn't even gain stun immunity. He can still be stunned with shotguns, bear traps, unmasking, and pocket knives. All of these provide counselors the opportunity create distance or heal if needed. Once the bug is corrected, he can still be killed.

In all honesty the only thing this does is require better strategy and cooperation for groups that are Hell bent on killing him. 

Even as I'm writing this I'm honestly starting to think that the tantrums being thrown over the change are because of two things:

A. Players want to be able to beat on Jason all match.

B. Players want it to be EASY to kill Jason.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

You guys messed up with this patch. Please fix this rage mode invincibility before the player base dwindles down drastically! There's literally no point in playing if there's no way to survive once he's in rage mode. All you guys needed to do was bring back body blocking and make his swing more powerful once he enters rage mode that would have been the perfect solution to balancing the game. Now it's way too one sided on Jason's side. I don't even feel like there's any real challenge anymore playing as Jason as i know it will be too easy to clear a room with ease especially once i enter rage mode.

Once Jason is in Rage, the sweater and shotgun will still stun him. The behavior we're seeing is unintended and will be fixed as soon as possible. The team is working on it.

17 hours ago, Treymaker said:

Guys you need to calm down about the not being able to kill during rage thing. I would bet any amount of money that it was not supposed to be like this in the patch. It will be corrected with a patch fix. If you look at the patch notes at the bottom it even says, “killing Jason is not affected”.  This is just a screw up from adjusting it so he can’t be stunned during rage. A side affect that they didn’t think about.  

Exactly. The team is working on it. More news as soon as we have it.

17 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

One more thing how can you guys claim you all tested this patch out for days and not catch that he can't be killed in rage mode? There's something not right with the way you guys are doing things. You guys made a fun game but now the incompetence is starting to ruin it. Fix this mistake before you have very little player base left!

Our testing team did in fact test the Jason changes completely and somehow this issue still made it's way back in.

16 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I am flabbergasted by the fact that someone thought it was ok to basically remove one aspect of the game... 

As for your last sentence, a good Jason has always had the chance to win 1v1, most Jason who lost to counsellors had a level of fighting skills not comparable to the counsellors, which is perfectly fine... 

I hope this patch will be fixed as soon as possible

We didn't remove combat, we simply made late game combat more difficult. It was never the intention to have a Jason kill every match. The game was designed so that actually killing Jason would be rare, and extremely difficult, hence the chain of actions required. We also wanted to remove the light hearted Jason beat em up party and create a sense of urgency to the tasks counselors face at the start of the match. 

1v1 with stuns is a frustrating aspect of the game, as you well know. Players could stun, dance, then stun again and we have a scenario of a supposedly brutal and lethal killer being a punching bag. That's not intended. 

Combat against Jason should be escape based. And in early game, now it is. Save those hits and stuns for when you need them and focus on the repair parts, the pocket knives, etc. to prep for the match.

While there very well may be more tuning, the only "fix" to be had here is the post Rage kill process having an issue dropping Jason to his knees.

16 hours ago, SirMang said:

It can also be turned the other way.  

Counselors want a cakewalk when they face Jason and these changes end the cakewalk.  It brings challenge or having fun trying to survive or escape.  It's no longer simple to just stay in a group and play pinata party until the inevitable kill whenever you want to do it.  Now Jason stands a chance at not dying every match.

However, I will say that not being able to put Jason to his knees during rage definitely needs to addressed and fixed. 

Again, the team is working on the unintended issue at the kill process.

16 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

I definitely like this patch! First of all, no more outdated client! About time!

And Jasons rage-buff is superb! You dont wanna mess around with him post-rage! Jason is still not too op and surviving is definitely not impossible. It is just a little harder as it should be. Whats wrong with that? Used to be pretty easy.. No more freebies, so is the "I wanna beat Jason and escape easily" -group terrified? Oh, and I love the way counselors are informed about Jasons rage! 

Great patch so far! Thanks!

Really good to hear that you're back in game. Let us know if that crops back up at any time, or if you have any buds still having issues.

And yes, Jason was always supposed to be intimidating. Glad we're seeing that again.

16 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I haven’t played the update yet, but it sounds to me like it is even more important than ever for people to work in teams to get shit done and not waste so much time looking for knives and sprays. If you find that fuse then you need to get it in asap. The my dad is a cop perk all of a sudden rises in importance, same with all stamina perks. Perks like thrasher, not so much. 

This is good to see. Rethinking perk picks, etc. There is a strategy in this. Also, I'd say if you find a pocket knife, you're the one to do certain other high profile tasks that draw Jason's attention. 

On topic of strats, maybe hold those firecrackers and set them off over here, while buddy starts the car over there. Just a thought. Firecrackers can be a distraction device.

15 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

lol yep basically they are telling us if you don't find a way to escape within ten minutes you're as good as dead meat! Not a good way to balance a game in my opinion.

Not as good as dead, but definitely at a heightened sense of urgency/self protection. I mean, spending EXTRA time in a summer camp with Jason should be low prio for you counselors, no?

15 hours ago, Cheex said:

I've had some time to think about this, and I still find myself agreeing with the change (with the sole exception of making him unkillable while in Rage).

It doesn't "make combat useless for half the game" - instead, what it's doing is making Rage the new "end of the game". If you're not ready to escape Post-Rage, you're basically dead and the game is basically over.

It shifts the focus of Pre-Rage combat away from simply escaping Jason, and makes it into a desperate action while repair characters do their jobs.

Post-Rage, melee attacks will still break Jason's grip, so you would still have a purpose in helping others escape. But once Rage hits, it's now a desperate rush to the finish line - which makes sense to me.

The one caveat I will add to this is that they absolutely must make Jason killable when he has Rage. In my experience, it was extremely rare to see Jason die before he had Rage. Make it so that any melee hit will knock him to his knees, regardless of whether the hit causes damage/stun damage.

I think it's not so definite at the post Rage point as you stated, but otherwise, spot on. The idea being that post Rage game play is something that is fast getting away from the counselors, spiraling out of control. 

And again, yes, the issue with Rage Jason and the kill process is being investigated. That is unintended.

15 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

You stand correct, and this doesn't mean EVERYBODY likes to play like that. I do enjoy direct confrontation with Jason and if I lose it's ok. Invincible Jason is another thing

He's not invincible. He can be killed before Rage is full and after we sort the issue out, after Rage with the sweater, shotgun.

Also, standing face to face with Jason and having the upper hand is not how the game was designed. The main win condition was always survive or escape with killing Jason an "S Rank" of sorts. Facing Jason is supposed to be tough, not a whack and watch him lay down then whack him again.

15 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Do traps still slow him down at least?

Yes, they do at all levels of Rage.

14 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

For me, it's not about how easy. It's about whether or not it is fun. It is fun to hide around corners and do a sneak hit. It is fun to square off and fight Jason. What's not fun is looping over and over. Counselors have been neutered. Literally, their balls have been cut off.

Those sneak hits are not gone. They are just in early game while you prepare for the escape/survive/kill. Use those hits wisely and your squad will be escaping pretty regularly before he sees Rage.

--

I tried to answer as many topics, even if not answering each individual comment. I'll be back with another post in here as I see more piling up. Let's keep the convo civil and keep in mind, we can keep tuning, but the design is not and never was about a Jason hunting sim. This is a character to strike fear in players, not be beat on with sticks and inevitably killed match after match. Rage changes are a ratcheting up of those aspects.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Uhh...yes? Do you continue eating a salad when you find a turd in it?

@x OLd ScRatCh x 😮

🤣<(hooray!) When can I move in?

No i would throw away the salad, not claim to never eat again. to each is there own though...

I dont know why they keep focusing the conversation on killing Jason. No one in this thread has a gripe about that except for the falling to the knees bug. People want to be able to use melee weapons in the second half of the game that have some effect. Stop talking about killing Jason like that is what people's intent is. It's very simple. People want to be able to fight and escape not just in the first half of the game.

• Like 1