Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Friday the 13th: The Game: Part 2?

Instead of focusing on all of the bad, what would you think about a sequel to Friday the 13th: The Game if it came out in a few years? What would you carry over from the original, and what types of changes to game play would you like to see?

Some of what I would like to see is to have a traditional Higgin's Haven and Packanack moved to the new game, but I would also like to see updated and remixed versions as well. They could keep the main cabin and associated cabins, but layout the surrounding area differently. They could add the diner, hospital, etc. 

As far as cabins, they could create more interaction. Counselors should be able to sit on chairs and sofas, televisions should be able to be turned on and off, and lights in each room should be able to be individually turned on and off. Some rooms should become so dark, a flashlight is absolutely necessary. It could create more effective, natural hiding areas, which people already sometimes do.

In regards to Jason, he should also be able to manipulate dead bodies. For instance, Jason should be able to pick up bodies and place them in windows preventing a counselor from using the window. This could be pretty effective for cabins with only one usable side window. I also think they could maybe change up how Jason gets killed. Perhaps, make having Jason's mask a requirement for someone to be able to pick up the sweater. I think adding this one thing to the kill scenario would make things considerably harder for counselors. They could also create more elaborate environmental kills. The barn hanging could actually be executable, and maybe add mirror smashes to the bathrooms. Maybe do something with those clotheslines outside of Pinehurst.

What are things you would add/take away aside from bugs and glitches?

I’d like to see basically the same game but with more immersive graphics, more capabilities to manipulate the environment (knock over tables, use literally anything as a barrier or weapon), make each of the cabins unique from each other not just cloning furniture from one place to the next. Also, it would be nice to see hosts be able to modify difficulty levels of the matches (mini map/no mini map, 1st person perspective/normal). And of course, new maps and Jasons (but port over the originals from this version as well).

• Like 1

Sandbox mode, SPC for Counselors, a real progression system.

I like the ideas in the OP, and the Counts suggestions too. Lots of potential for a sequel but I think they’re going to have to hit another franchise out of the park for that to happen. 

In an ideal sequel, I would likely have offline and online both be deployed simultaneously from launch day. I'd keep the concept of offline bots, but make them much more of a challenge to give players a chance to get some real practice in. Challenges for both sides would be ideal as well.

I'd add a much larger variety of kills, including more kills from the movies that weren't used in the current game.

For Jason, I would make each Jason stand out more from one another in terms of skill sets. In addition, Jason would be much harder to kill. I'd say that Jason would be defeated about 10% of the time or less.

For counselors, if it was possible, I'd add more of the fan favorites to the game. There are a lot of characters that people want to see.

A progression system would be nice. I'd make it so each counselor has stats that grow a certain way as you level up, and cap in specific areas for specific counselors. I'd have unique heroes spawn based on the map chosen.

A sequel would need more fear based elements. I'd add sound and visual effects that would keep you on the edge of your seat, and perhaps keep you so on edge, you spend more time being paranoid than anything. The sequel I envision would scare the crap out of you, yet keep you coming back for more.

I've got a notebook full of ideas for this and other horror games. Perhaps once this topic picks up a bit, I'll share some more.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lots of potential for a sequel but I think they’re going to have to hit another franchise out of the park for that to happen. 

Halloween perhaps? 😊

I like all the ideas by everyone so far, and a sequel would be awesome considering how this game was designed. If someone would have told me thirty years ago we would have a game like this, I would have told them they were crazy. Although this game has it’s flaws, I honestly think this is the best gaming experience I have ever had. My only request/suggestion would be if first person was included in game play, make it optional. It may just be me, but I absolutely loathe first person perspective. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Halloween perhaps? 😊

I like all the ideas by everyone so far, and a sequel would be awesome considering how this game was designed. If someone would have told me thirty years ago we would have a game like this, I would have told them they were crazy. Although this game has it’s flaws, I honestly think this is the best gaming experience I have ever had. My only request/suggestion would be if first person was included in game play, make it optional. It may just be me, but I absolutely loathe first person perspective. 

I wonder if something like first person mode could be made a choice for individual counselors. Players could change their perspective on the fly. A first person Jason perspective would make shift-grabbing hella fun, but I would still like it to shift back to third person once a kill animation starts.

• Like 1

Im Sure Friday the 13th The Game Will Be Updated with A High Definition remake after The Miller vs Cunningham suit is over.

Im sure that we will Get Manhatan and Grendel with better Graphics.

Maybe in the Next 6 or 7 years a HD Remake.

Maybe they could just relaunch the game  so when the lawsuit has finally come to an end, they can hire a new team to create content, make all the things that were supposed to be released and also make new things, and then when it’s all done announce a date of a “relaunch” and have it all release at the same time.

I'd love to see a sequel that has the same fundamentals as this game, just more options.

Allowing Jason to move bodies to set up jump scares would be great.

It'd bring the current maps over to the new game. Just polish them up a bit more. Maybe add a few things.

Obviously adding more maps. 

A build your own counselor mode. Have a basic male and female template then allow to customize race and stats. This is probably my biggest wish for a new game as all the different combinations would be amazing to try.

Obviously bring all the current Jasons along for the ride while adding a few new ones. 

Allowing Jason to break furniture. Also counselors to use furniture to block doors.

More variety in vehicle escapes. A motorcycle or dirt bike for example. The Rv from part 6.

I'd also love to see bikes added. Not for escaping, but as a while to get around camp faster.

More variety in the look for the cars. A two seater that looks like Megan Garris's car for example. 

More weapon variety for Jason. I've been longing for a sledgehammer for the big guy.

A perk system for Jason. 

No more perk roulette. 

A revamped stealth system. I really want that to a more viable option. 

A bow and arrow that Jason can use on the maps. Only a couple of shots.

There's plenty of others, but those were my immediate ideas.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'd have unique heroes spawn based on the map chosen.

This is an interesting idea. I'd basically make it that each of the heroes would be the same as tommy IE: max stats and the goal is to help, but the main difference would be how they could defeat Jason. IE: Tammy would use her psychic powers in some way. Maybe a weapon could be a chain and she requires it to psychically noose Jason.

But anyway, from my point of view, this game has a good foundation and I couldn't see a sequel not containing everything this game has and just adding more to it. Mainly:

1: More by-hand kills. There was a lot of time and resources spent making emotes as opposed to making kills for Jason. He's had numerous types of kills by hand and really should have had more.

2: More weapons. Weapon swapping shouldn't be restricted at such a high level, though I agree a Jason should have to work to get to it for a bit, thus forcing the player to know how each Jason handles (IE: the last Jason you can unlock is at rank 44, so make weapon swapping at 55 or 60). Once you can, make it so that Jason has numerous weapons to choose from, including some that are not strictly associated with any one Jason. Such as the medical saw, farm pitchfork, Dual Machete, Weed Wacker, even Bowie Knife (to make those wonderful stabbing kills on-hand). We got part 5 knocking down doors with a pair of sheers so it having to be something Jason could knock a door down with isn't a requirement.

3: No Killing Jason. This is a big one to a lot of players, but the ability to kill jason turns the game into something it's not supposed to be; the counselors are the fodder that doesn't live through the game and playing as Jason is a power trip. Stunning Jason is good, even using the sweater is good. Preferably, there would be a similar setup to killing him, but it instead is a long term stun that lasts 2-3 minutes. This gives the counselors time to go and try to get some tasks done, thinking they are safe for a while before Jason is given the command to morph anywhere on the map, like many of the fakeout endings where you think he's dead but, whoop, there he is and if you didn't escape with the cops, car, boat, you're in for it now as Jason has full rage mode and abilities at this point, regardless of how early you "killed" him. Worse, the Jason player has been WATCHING YOU the entire time in a spectator mode and knows EXACTLY what you're up to.

4: Offline saves. I don't mind it synchronizing to online when you do online stuff, but if you're playing online, i don't want it to be looking for an online profile on some cloud.

5: Virtual Cabin. Keep this. It's too cool to get rid of.

@Daneasaur I agree with everything but number three. There's nothing wrong with being able to kill Jason. It's currently too easy and will (hopefully) see some relief to that problem in the next patch. The idea of him being "killed" only to pop back up is cool. Definitely a nice nod to the movies. The problem becomes if you have a two to three minute stun both vehicles can be rolling and the cops called in that time. 

2 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

This is an interesting idea. I'd basically make it that each of the heroes would be the same as tommy IE: max stats and the goal is to help, but the main difference would be how they could defeat Jason. IE: Tammy would use her psychic powers in some way. Maybe a weapon could be a chain and she requires it to psychically noose Jason.

I agree with unique killing options for each hero. The max stats for each are a given.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, thrawn3054 said:

@Daneasaur I agree with everything but number three. There's nothing wrong with being able to kill Jason. It's currently too easy and will (hopefully) see some relief to that problem in the next patch. The idea of him being "killed" only to pop back up is cool. Definitely a nice nod to the movies. The problem becomes if you have a two to three minute stun both vehicles can be rolling and the cops called in that time. 

I'd think it'd still need some testing, but as a whole it'd work, especially in something like the current build of the game as often ,when the resources are put into killing jason, they aren't being put into getting a car/boat/phones working.

The main aspect being that they simply WON'T retain Jason/the killer being fully OP, they will balance i so the counselors have the advantage.

If we go back to how nasty Jason was at launch, then perhaps it could be reverted to killing him, but if he gets nerfed down to how he is now, it would have to be altered to a stun.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:49 AM, IcrazyKid855 said:

Maybe they could just relaunch the game  so when the lawsuit has finally come to an end, they can hire a new team to create content, make all the things that were supposed to be released and also make new things, and then when it’s all done announce a date of a “relaunch” and have it all release at the same time.

I hope this happens. But new features would be cool.

Just now, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

What would be really cool is Friday the 13th: The Game VR.

That would be great. You have my vote !

7 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

I hope this happens. But new features would be cool.

Yep I just want this lawsuit over and done with already 

In a sequel to this game, I would want no lawsuit to put an indefinite end to content. That would be pretty cool.