Sign in to follow this  
LordVader

Bypass Failed?

I can't enter my friends game because of this error it says bypass failed . server is not accepting new player sessions. What is that mean can anyone explain ? is it because of the servers?

4 hours ago, LordVader said:

I can't enter my friends game because of this error it says bypass failed . server is not accepting new player sessions. What is that mean can anyone explain ? is it because of the servers?

@mattshotcha 

Not sure how to help this member any thing you can suggest?

I think I've seen this before...I was in a dedicated server and I tried to invite friends. They couldn't join, presumeably because I wasn't in a party. Backing out of the lobby, starting a party and then rejoining the server worked fine, and I could even invite people again while in the lobby.

(This was on PC, if that makes a difference.)

Yeah. I get this error almost everytime I try to join a friend, ir if I try to join a community game-session. Could be linked with outdated client -issue perhaps? 

This happens if they're not on the main menu when you try and link up, if I'm not mistaken.

Make sure all the folks you're linking up with are on the main menu.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

This happens if they're not on the main menu when you try and link up, if I'm not mistaken.

Make sure all the folks you're linking up with are on the main menu.

That is when it happens. It didn't used to happen though. If a friend was in the middle of a game you could join midway through (as a spectator) as long as there was room. After, I believe it was the November patch, you could no longer do this.

On 1/26/2019 at 3:29 PM, thrawn3054 said:

That is when it happens. It didn't used to happen though. If a friend was in the middle of a game you could join midway through (as a spectator) as long as there was room. After, I believe it was the November patch, you could no longer do this.

Once dedicated servers were implemented you could no longer join on people who were already in a game.

Joining in on a lobby is hit or miss...it does allow for you to join just not often.