Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Wrong Counselor Selection Glitch.

Alot of times At the Beginning of A Match the counselor i have chosen before the Match is Changed to a counselor that i did not choose.

Its happened alot .

I will be start as a counselor that i did not choose .

Yep...doesn't seem like it was ever fixed. They probably tried a workaround and it broke.

I've been getting random Jasons and Counselors now per usual.

I bet they got it all fucked up when they decided to cater to those who wanted their skins and weapons seen in the intro. It was right around then when it started happening.

11 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Alot of times At the Beginning of A Match the counselor i have chosen before the Match is Changed to a counselor that i did not choose.

Its happened alot .

I will be start as a counselor that i did not choose .

yeah, this has been going on for quite some time. they have tried to patch it out, but it still happens. def not as often though. Another thing that i think ties in with this is a lot of time even though people have their counselor/jason selected, you will see it set as random on your side in the lobby screen and have no clue what everyone is playing. Ive even seen this happen to my own selection where i had to go into selection menu then exit to have them appear properly..

I’ve had it happen but ultimately if it’s a character I’m not used to or not perked up then I give it a try, f*ck it why not? A little bit of a challenge. If I can beat Jason with an unused character with no perks then that’s a fair achievement.

19 minutes ago, TommysMightyChin said:

I’ve had it happen but ultimately if it’s a character I’m not used to or not perked up then I give it a try, f*ck it why not? A little bit of a challenge. If I can beat Jason with an unused character with no perks then that’s a fair achievement.

That it is. It’s how I got the badge for playing everyone, apparently I never tried LaChappa, lol.

• Like 1

This has happened to me several times in the last couple weeks. Seems like it only happens on the Jarvis map. Anyone else notice that?

I've noticed it's been happening alot lately. I've had it where I fixed my counselor/Jason 4 or 5 times while waiting in one lobby before.

Happened to me the other day when playing with a member of this forum. I specifically picked Deborah and then when the match started I was Vanessa.

11 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Happened to me the other day when playing with a member of this forum. I specifically picked Deborah and then when the match started I was Vanessa.

At least you got a better counselor. Ill go into a match with Chad/Tiffany and end up with Shelby...😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

At least you got a better counselor. Ill go into a match with Chad/Tiffany and end up with Shelby...😂

That's not a better counselor if you're used to being a repair character. I set mine to a bunny-suited Deb but have gotten Tiffany (which was fine I guess) and Victoria (which I had no perks attached for and besides that, she looks like Michael Jackson)

• Like 2

It only seems to occur when the match starts and there is not enough players and someone joins when you are in the holding area where everyone is getting loading into the match.  If someone joins during this time period when people are still loading in then the glitch happens.  

This started after the weapon switch was implemented and seems to be triggered in f the late joined is under level 113 and hasn’t unlocked the feature.   However the results aren’t conclusive because my level 150 friends all experienced it when one of us joined late after the match started and was in the holding state.  The end result is the same,    Everyone’s character  is always switched. My guess was that the late joiner is messing up the order of operations that the game uses to loan players into the match. 

Counselors aren’t too disadvantaged because because the perks, emotes, and clothing that are already assigned to that counselor are still equipped.  

It worse with Jason because the skin meshes get mixed up and I can’t always tell which Jason I am until after I begin to play, interesting enough the weapon can be switched as well.  Usually it defaults to Part 3 but I’ve also seen it assign 4 and 6 as well,  sometimes the weapon is also reassigned.  

In one instance the glitch occurred I was assigned to part six abilities, but has a mix of concentration part 8/6/3 meshes.  Jason was equiped with the pick axe.   My part 6 is assigned to the machete. My part 8 is assigned to the pick axe.  The correct non weapon grab kills for part 6 were still assigned correctly.  I thought I was still p8 and didn’t realize i saw i had too many knives.      

So...  since weapon kills are assigned to the weapon and grab kills are assigned to the Jason  everything is technically correct based on my character settings, it’s just each individual pieces are mismatched.  

I don’t own Savini so I don’t know if the glitch applies to him. 

This all has been sent to Jasonkillsbugs

Is anyone else seeing the samething? 

@shodan when the random counselor happens to me the perks are what was assigned to the new random character. I found this out when i didnt have perks applied to a few counselors that I usually dont play and was stuck with nothing the whole match. Now I have them applied to every counselor and all is good when happens. Note: This is on PC

20 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@mattshotcha

anychance this will be patched out with the next update?

This I would have to check the status of. I'm not sure I've seen this one reported yet.

45 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

This I would have to check the status of. I'm not sure I've seen this one reported yet.

Thanks for checking on this,

this issues has been going on for the last 2 patches when you pick one counselors and start the match..... a different counselor Starts the game.

and since the last patch has progressively gotten more frequent.....

On 1/24/2019 at 9:53 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

@mattshotcha

anychance this will be patched out with the next update?

They probably don't know how to fix it. We will have to contend with getting Fox and Lachappa every time someone is slow to load in.

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2019 at 7:11 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Thanks for checking on this,

this issues has been going on for the last 2 patches when you pick one counselors and start the match..... a different counselor Starts the game.

and since the last patch has progressively gotten more frequent.....

It has progressively gotten worse. I have never experienced this glitch until the last update. Now it's fairly common. It doesn't happen enough that I have gone through and assigned perks to all the characters, but it does happen quite often.

After the last two patches, on the Xbox, I’ve experienced this too. I’m not sure, why it occurs. It’s not all of the time, but it happens. 

This happened to me before when I chose Adam as my counselor and I started as Jenny, and in the case when I chose part 7 Jason and started as part 5 Jason, at first I thought someone was hacking and trying to prank but then I realized it’s just another glitch 

I actually enjoy the mashed up versions of Jason though 🤣 you get some really messed up looking ones.

It started happening immediately after the engine upgrade that and the spectator glitch. Random characters and Jason's are becoming more and more frequent at least on PC it is and the spectator glitch is creeping back with more frequency also, it happened 3-4 times just yesterday where it would only happen maybe once a week if that often. It's really annoying. I'm not putting perks on all the characters just for that glitch. Jason is another matter. I'll play as any Jason even though I don't care for certain ones like 4,7,or 9.I just do the best I can and still kill most everyone. It's easier for me to adapt to a different Jason than a different counselor but that's just me. I just leave if I get stuck with another counselor.