SteadyGosling

Window Kills| Are they cheap?

Ive noticed recently that window kills are getting a lot of attention for being cheap or unfair, as unless the window is closed and not broken, its most likely the only way you'd die. Windows that are open shouldn't be enough to kill you, and their pretty glitchy, and broken windows shouldn't be enough either. Should window kills be altered like doors? where theyd only be a kill location if their in the doors case open?

• Haha 1

While silly could you imagine the headache from them trying to program open windows not to kill? It seems simple on it's face but I doubt it is.

Even open windows still have glass in them (and a broken shard in the correct spots would definitely kill you) but if it helps you it probably isn’t the window itself that kills but the force as Jason throws people that causes their necks to break as they hit the ground. 

Window kills aren't as cheap as spamming choke or head punch, but that's an interesting argument that any [first story] windows would have to be closed to work as an environmental kill. Assuming it would be easy to implement, Gun Media might do that if enough people complained about it, and I've seen it brought up several times so far on the forum.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Window kills aren't as cheap as spamming choke

Asphyxiation is for little ducklings (aka FREE players)

I don't think we'll ever see any changes to window kills, and I don't really view them as cheap. One could argue that grabbing someone next to any environmental kill and spamming A/X (doors in particular) is cheap, but I don't think it is. Jason decides how and when players die, it's your job as a counselor to try your best to avoid it.

• Like 3

Not cheap, just unsatisfying. Don’t get me wrong, if I waste more than four minutes chasing your ass you’re getting pitched through that window, I’m a busy boy with people to go murder for Mother, lol.

I got grabbed going through a window last night at packanack main house. It was only fitting that Jason tossed my ass out that same window..

Perhaps if Jason could effectively body block again, I'd consider not having one of the two spam kills in my inventory. As it is, if you are dealing with more than one counselor, it can be very difficult to even perform the spam kills if they time the melee right. This is why slashing has become so prevalent. Grabs have become much more difficult and only really useful 1v1.

If anything, Jason should be allowed to grab counselors through windows via the car grab animation, automatically breaking it. Windows are still too get out of jail free, especially with the usual meta perks.

10 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

Asphyxiation is for little ducklings (aka FREE players)

Asphyxiation is for knowledgeable players that need a kill for confined spaces and a quick one for dealing with more than one person at a time. I have to laugh at people that scoff at Jason for using the abilities available to him. The counselors are already at a huge advantage in many respects, but Jason is supposed to handicap himself by not slashing or using certain grab kills? There are too many crybabies playing this game. 

• Thanks 1

No cheaper than a Chad or Vanessa continuously hopping in and out of the same windows in an attempt to waste Jason's time, and nowhere near as cheap as some loser who is the last counselor alive and plays RAR for 5 minutes. 

• Like 2

Fast kills for Jason are a necessity, as well as kills that don't require a short walk to find the space to execute it. The only people that are going to complain about them are players getting killed by them. 

They think they should have broken free from his grasp, but because of X, not fair. It's the same as a group going toe-to-toe with Jason and then complaining about slashing. 

• Like 1

Nah, not cheap at all.

A good solution I've seen on the forum would be to change the open/broken window kill to be more like the electricity box slam. They would only get tossed out the window if it's closed or if it's above the ground floor.

But that would probably be considered 'new content' so keeping it as it is is fine IMHO.

21 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

While silly could you imagine the headache from them trying to program open windows not to kill? It seems simple on it's face but I doubt it is.

Yeah, we don't need to take time away from the bug fixes the game is in need of.

20 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Even open windows still have glass in them (and a broken shard in the correct spots would definitely kill you) but if it helps you it probably isn’t the window itself that kills but the force as Jason throws people that causes their necks to break as they hit the ground. 

Too bad the body landing doesn't reflect a neck snap upon impact.

16 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Window kills aren't as cheap as spamming choke or head punch, but that's an interesting argument that any [first story] windows would have to be closed to work as an environmental kill. Assuming it would be easy to implement, Gun Media might do that if enough people complained about it, and I've seen it brought up several times so far on the forum.

I don't think that would be a good idea to change something, just because enough people complained about it. Look at the past instances that led to those kinds of changes.

10 hours ago, TommysMightyChin said:

There is no cheap methods, they are all valid and Jason should always use the kill methods that are nearest and quickest.

The only "cheap" aspects in this game would be the ones that were never intended, such as glitching on the roof. Other than that, anything goes.

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I don't think that would be a good idea to change something, just because enough people complained about it. Look at the past instances that led to those kinds of changes.

True something shouldn't be changed solely on complaints. However if they are legitimate complaints, it could be worth looking into. Be it as it is, the devs can't even  be bothered with details in a game currently in standstill, so this isn't really worth debating. 

7 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I don't understand. I don't have enough information. Explain what your talking about. I don't view the standard window toss kill to be cheap. 

I think some people think it's cheap based on how many windows there are compared to other environmental kills.

8 hours ago, Cheex said:

But that would probably be considered 'new content' so keeping it as it is is fine IMHO.

Changing already existing assets in the game might not be considered new content. I can think of a few examples so far since the lawsuit: Dedicated servers, changing the description for the canopener kill from decapitated to neck twisted, patches in general, the planned changes to perks.

9 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

True something shouldn't be changed solely on complaints. However if they are legitimate complaints, it could be worth looking into. Be it as it

While the window kills could be looked at eventually, I believe a number of people would feel that getting highly priority things resolved would be in the best interest of this game. The outdated client and rooftop issues both come to mind in this situation.

On January 23, 2019 at 7:28 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

I got grabbed going through a window last night at packanack main house. It was only fitting that Jason tossed my ass out that same window..

I call that one "The Return to Sender."
It's especially satisfying when someone has been looping you for a couple of minutes and you finally outsmart them and catch them coming out of a window.
"Oh you like to climb through windows, do you? Here, let me help you!"

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 8:52 PM, SteadyGosling said:

Ive noticed recently that window kills are getting a lot of attention for being cheap or unfair, as unless the window is closed and not broken, its most likely the only way you'd die. Windows that are open shouldn't be enough to kill you, and their pretty glitchy, and broken windows shouldn't be enough either. Should window kills be altered like doors? where theyd only be a kill location if their in the doors case open?

Every time I see a post by someone who’s avitar is a counselor I cringe because I know it’s a counselor main who never played this game at launch when  before Jason was nerfed,  the only thing cheap about windows is the 3-4 second safety that counselors get climbing through. Jason used to be able to smash windows without a prompt, just one of the many things that were changed to nerf Jason.

• Like 1