IcrazyKid855

New Friday the 13th by Blumhouse?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on a new Friday the 13th reboot/sequel by Blumhouse. Ryan Turek really wants to do it and Jason Blum has expressed interest also so I guess it’s possible this could happen. 

What do you guys think they should do? Personally I don’t want them to remake it as they always turn out awful, so maybe they could ignore Jason X and make a new 10th movie after Part 9 or maybe do something similar to Halloween 2018 and do a direct sequel. I wouldn’t mind them doing a direct sequel to part 4 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on a new Friday the 13th reboot/sequel by Blumhouse. Ryan Turek really wants to do it and Jason Blum has expressed interest also so I guess it’s possible this could happen. 

What do you guys think they should do? Personally I don’t want them to remake it as they always turn out awful, so maybe they could ignore Jason X and make a new 10th movie after Part 9 or maybe do something similar to Halloween 2018 and do a direct sequel. I wouldn’t mind them doing a direct sequel to part 4 

I thinks its a great idea .

Im so thrilled that Wes Keltner has Blumhouse connections now.

I also read on social media that Ryan Turek wants to reboot Friday the 13th .

I also read that Kane Hodder wants to play Michael Myers in a Halloween movie.

27 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I thinks its a great idea .

Im so thrilled that Wes Keltner has Blumhouse connections now.

I also read on social media that Ryan Turek wants to reboot Friday the 13th .

I also read that Kane Hodder wants to play Michael Myers in a Halloween movie.

That would be amazing, and now wes has connections, a Halloween video game could possibly happen in the future 

• Like 1

If you look up online there are placeholder dates for a tentative F13th date in 2020. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7464054/

I have seen other articles with Blumhouse surrounding it, as well as the Lebron James produced version rumor.

Obviously with the lawsuit situation, everything is just speculation at this point.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 7:49 AM, IcrazyKid855 said:

If anyone could get Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham together it would be Blumhouse.....

And I would like to think Blumhouse would turn out a quality sequel...one of the best things they could  do to not upset the Fans and still allow the original films in the series to be canon to the new film ......

Is start with it acknowledging that several killings/ incidents / missing persons have already happened at the abandoned Camp Crystal Lake but since shutting down permanently it’s been quite for the last few years....then start your new story..

Whether that’s a new owner to the property wanting to fix it up? or the selling of the property that brings new people in? I am not sure.

I just don’t want another reboot I want a film that Acknowledges it’s past and roots.

The lawsuit isn't going to be settled anytime soon. I wouldn't expect a new film til 2025.

17 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

The lawsuit isn't going to be settled anytime soon. I wouldn't expect a new film til 2025.

So in 2025 what kind of sequel would you like to see ?

a new reboot ?

The reboot sequel?

continuation of the original series full references and bring back characters like Tommy / Ginny or Tina ?

Jason X sequel?

or a soft reboot acknowledging the original series but not going into detail about it...

@OCT 31 1978I would like to see a continuation of the Paramount films that addresses the death curse of crystal lake. The graphic novel does a particularly good job of this in my opinion. For the uninitiated, the lake was cursed during the early days of American expansion in which the settlers slaughtered a whole tribe of natives and dumped their corpses in the lake. When Jason was pushed into the lake, the spirits recognized him as the perfect catalyst to enact their revenge on all who trespass on the sacred land. Other than that, I just want great practical effects, humor, suspense and plenty of kills. Also I would like to break the tradition of having final girls and have Jason slaughter all. Kill off Tommy Jarvis in the opening minutes and bring in Ash Williams during a post credits scene. End the trilogy with a sequel to Freddy vs Jason aka Army of Darkness 2. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

So in 2025 what kind of sequel would you like to see ?

a new reboot ?

The reboot sequel?

continuation of the original series full references and bring back characters like Tommy / Ginny or Tina ?

Jason X sequel?

or a soft reboot acknowledging the original series but not going into detail about it...

I would like to see a sequel that can be similar to Halloween but with how the final girls and tommy are coping with a PTSD similar to Laurie Strode in Halloween and then Jason can return to camp and have a showdown with Ginny, Chris, Trish and Tommy and maybe even Alice from part 1 if they can give a relevant explanation to how she could have survived although it’s highly unlikely. It could mainly be about the events of 1-4 but still keep the others canon, just not going into too much detail of the events of 5 onwards. But at this point anything would please me as long as it’s not a remake 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

@OCT 31 1978I would like to see a continuation of the Paramount films that addresses the death curse of crystal lake. The graphic novel does a particularly good job of this in my opinion. For the uninitiated, the lake was cursed during the early days of American expansion in which the settlers slaughtered a whole tribe of natives and dumped their corpses in the lake. When Jason was pushed into the lake, the spirits recognized him as the perfect catalyst to enact their revenge on all who trespass on the sacred land. Other than that, I just want great practical effects, humor, suspense and plenty of kills. Also I would like to break the tradition of having final girls and have Jason slaughter all. Kill off Tommy Jarvis in the opening minutes and bring in Ash Williams during a post credits scene. End the trilogy with a sequel to Freddy vs Jason aka Army of Darkness 2. 

Sounds like you are a big fan of the Wild storm comic series of Friday the 13th!

I am a fan also, that first story introducing the Native American Indians being slaughtered and dumped into the Lake was very interesting and I especially liked the slow twist making it seem like Sally was the Killer Not Jason....and the Art and covers were truly badass!

also funny enough Jason lives which is on your avatar already broke Tradition  with the Final girl stoping Jason by having Tommy Jarvis be the hero that Ends Jason killing spree in that film,  Megan definitely would have been killed if not for Tommy intervening.

On 1/27/2019 at 1:35 PM, F134Ever86 said:

This sounds awesome an occult,spiritualist,supernatural story that connects Jason to Dark spirits.This is what I've been ranting and raving about for years.