Jump to content
Jax00

Boat is near useless now.

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Yup, there was never any indication of the boat being started until they patched it in. Otherwise, I would have never escaped Rust. Lol! Btw, @Shadesofjoe If you are on tomorrow about 6pm, Lassie and I will be on F13.

I wish I could. Fridays are tough for me because I have the kids. I may try to make a late night appearance if I can though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I really wish they'd get rid of the boat startup sound. The boat was fine as it was.

Lol does a boat not make a sound when it's getting started? Especially an outboard from  the mid 70s... Pay attention and you'll be fine. Wait for Jason to morph and you should have plenty of time to escape during the cooldown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I wish I could. Fridays are tough for me because I have the kids. I may try to make a late night appearance if I can though. 

Cool, might be on Diablo with Vader. Still, if you're on hit me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol does a boat not make a sound when it's getting started? Especially an outboard from  the mid 70s... Pay attention and you'll be fine. Wait for Jason to morph and you should have plenty of time to escape during the cooldown.

Of course realistically it makes a sound. But by that logic the range should be limited. 

From a game play stand point I felt the boat was perfect before. You traded the stealth for the nearly certain death if caught.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol does a boat not make a sound when it's getting started? Especially an outboard from  the mid 70s... Pay attention and you'll be fine. Wait for Jason to morph and you should have plenty of time to escape during the cooldown.

Not even waiting for morph will help if the boat spawns in a poor spot like next to the main house on Higgins Haven. It’s simply too far from the exit. You’d probably only make it to the mouth of the river before he comes back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A neutral water speed Jason can't out run the boat anyway. Sure he can play goalie at the exit but how much of his time can you waste before he decides it's not worth chasing anymore? Depending on the boats spawn point wait for Jason to morph. Wait for the car to start. Or the cops to get called. Nobody said you have to jump in and go balls to the wall just because the boat's done. And if nothing else is getting done then you probably shouldn't chance it with the boat anyway.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Of course realistically it makes a sound. But by that logic the range should be limited

I'd be ok with that. And for the car too. But it still doesn't mean you're going to make it to the exit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boat is a death trap to any +water speed Jason.

You're just not getting out now...period.

It was crapshoot before against a +water speed because most of us use the map frequently.  Busting down a door?  Use the map.  Walking to a power box?  Use the map.  Walking to the car from the morph point?  Use the map.  The sound just allows us to be a little bit lazy about paying attention to the map. 

Against a -water speed Jason, you better be getting out 9 times out of 10.  There are times when a Part IV can play goalie very effectively though. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SirMang said:

The boat is a death trap to any +water speed Jason.

You're just not getting out now...period.

It was crapshoot before against a +water speed because most of us use the map frequently.  Busting down a door?  Use the map.  Walking to a power box?  Use the map.  Walking to the car from the morph point?  Use the map.  The sound just allows us to be a little bit lazy about paying attention to the map. 

Against a -water speed Jason, you better be getting out 9 times out of 10.  There are times when a Part IV can play goalie very effectively though. 

 

Epic motor boating perk will out run +water speed Jason. Kind of a waste of a perk slot if you ask me, but it is possible to escape one that way. And like I said a neutral speed Jason can't catch up to the boat. And camping the exit only works if you let it. Either way a good strategy is your best bet whether you're the counselor in the boat or the Jason chasing it. Then it just boils down to who has more skill and who wants the win the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I'm part of a troupe of upwards of 15 players who have played on PS4 since the very first day and we can all tell you that wasn't the case. You can ask @malloymk or @Redrum138 or @RustInPeace (all of whom are veteran PS4 players) or any other number of people on this forum. There was never, ever a boat sound until they patched it in.

Maybe all of you did had a bug but i remember hearing it i would like to prove you but it's hard to find a video from launch , on PS4, playing with jason while having the boat being started. He quickly vanish a few times later with servers issues patches, he was already gone by pachanack roof glitch era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the boat noise is it only on stream?    I play Xbox and I don't hear the boat when I'm Jason.    I'm not sure why every one says the boat is so hard to escape I am on the other side I escape 80% of the time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jdl1201 said:

With the boat noise is it only on stream?    I play Xbox and I don't hear the boat when I'm Jason.    I'm not sure why every one says the boat is so hard to escape I am on the other side I escape 80% of the time.  

You can hear the boat start on PS4 although last time I was Jason at Jarvis it didn't make noise when it started so I'm not sure if it's glitchy or not. I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, Jax00 said:

I don't know why they added the sound for the boat... I understand that a boat starting sound would help Jason and make sense but at this point it went from a 50/50 to a 20% chance of escaping and 80% that your guaranteed to die. It's almost like starting the boat is suicide. It's annoying and the sound of it starting needs a range of how close he is or something...

Try starting the boat then getting off it. Jason can turn the boat off if no one is inside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Maybe all of you did had a bug but i remember hearing it i would like to prove you but it's hard to find a video from launch , on PS4, playing with jason while having the boat being started. He quickly vanish a few times later with servers issues patches, he was already gone by pachanack roof glitch era

You can use the search button. I posted video from launch. There was no boat noise. You can swear up and down that there was, but there wasn't. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, malloymk said:

You can use the search button. I posted video from launch. There was no boat noise. You can swear up and down that there was, but there wasn't. 

Should have dreamed but i was pretty sure it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

So glad I haven't been playing. Jesus Christ, the gameplay decisions to "fix" what didn't need to be fixed are utterly asinine. Just hand-holding bad players by negating that which rewards good players.

I'm confused. Are you saying a boat starting shouldn't make a sound or are you saying a good counselor should be able to escape even if it does? Which bad players hand holding are we talking about here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm confused. Are you saying a boat starting shouldn't make a sound or are you saying a good counselor should be able to escape even if it does? Which bad players hand holding are we talking about here?

The boat making a sound is hand-holding Jason to win. I know Jason needed buffs, but this is simply negating a method of escape. Imagine if you were playing hide-and-seek with your friends, every time you hide they say "you can't hide there," and you have to tell the seeker where you are hiding, because the seeker is a 5-year-old that hates losing and pitches a fit when he can't find you and his mother told you that you have to let him win.

In other words, rather than negate win conditions for counselors, just make Jason better at seeking and killing, etc. That would be the best route to take.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The boat making a sound is hand-holding Jason to win. I know Jason needed buffs, but this is simply negating a method of escape. Imagine if you were playing hide-and-seek with your friends, every time you hide they say "you can't hide there," and you have to tell the seeker where you are hiding, because the seeker is a 5-year-old that hates losing and pitches a fit when he can't find you and his mother told you that you have to let him win.

In other words, rather than negate win conditions for counselors, just make Jason better at seeking and killing, etc. That would be the best route to take.

The boat not making a sound is hand holding the counselors. A skilled counselor should still be able to get away most of the time. The middle ground would be a boat that makes a sound when it starts but you can only hear it if you're in range. Cars should be the same way. I say screw tipping the scales either way and just make it fair for everyone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The boat not making a sound is hand holding the counselors. A skilled counselor should still be able to get away most of the time. The middle ground would be a boat that makes a sound when it starts but you can only hear it if you're in range. Cars should be the same way. I say screw tipping the scales either way and just make it fair for everyone...

All Jason needs to do to see the boat is in play is look at his map. It takes 5 seconds or less. Localized sound might work, but when I was Jason the only time people got away in the boat is when I wasn't looking at the map. If they were moving in the boat at the time I looked at the map, they didn't get away unless I was a slow water Jason. If it's normal water speed or better,  with boat sound notification, the boat's done. Kaput. Out of play. No one's escaping with it.

The car however can still avoid even high shift Jasons. Big difference with the boat. In the boat you cannot avoid normal and fast water Jasons, at all. And you get drowned instantly in the water. Death trap.

Revert it back to the way it was and just make Jason more effective in his normal gameplay. Get rid of chain stuns, fix weapon stun ratings, speed up certain animations, etc. Like I say, rather than negate escape methods for counselors and just make Jason better in his own side of the gameplay.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

All Jason needs to do to see the boat is in play is look at his map. It takes 5 seconds or less. Localized sound might work, but when I was Jason the only time people got away in the boat is when I wasn't looking at the map. If they were moving in the boat at the time I looked at the map, they didn't get away unless I was a slow water Jason. If it's normal water speed or better,  with boat sound notification, the boat's done. Kaput. Out of play. No one's escaping with it.

The car however can still avoid even high shift Jasons. Big difference with the boat. In the boat you cannot avoid normal and fast water Jasons, at all. And you get drowned instantly in the water. Death trap.

Revert it back to the way it was and just make Jason more effective in his normal gameplay. Get rid of chain stuns, fix weapon stun ratings, speed up certain animations, etc. Like I say, rather than negate escape methods for counselors and just make Jason better in his own side of the gameplay.

Neutral speed can't catch up to the boat if he gets behind it. He can keep pace but that's it. Like I already said it's a waste of a perk slot but epic motor boating will out run a +water speed Jason. If the counselor isn't a complete idiot there's no reason he can't play ring around the lake until Jason loses interest. Doesn't exactly work at Jarvis or Pinehurst but those maps are better suited for escaping to the police or killing Jason anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I'm not hand waving anything. I'm just tired of the tipping of the scales in general. It should have had a noise from the beginning and it should have had a range from where the noise could be heard. Same way with the car. The loudest starter in the world shouldn't be able to be heard through a wooded area or inside of a cabin on the far end of the map. And rain should lessen the area that Jason can hear either one. This way a good Jason would still be required to check the map and the counselors would still have a chance to escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I'm not hand waving anything. I'm just tired of the tipping of the scales in general. It should have had a noise from the beginning and it should have had a range from where the noise could be heard. Same way with the car. The loudest starter in the world shouldn't be able to be heard through a wooded area or inside of a cabin on the far end of the map. And rain should lessen the area that Jason can hear either one. This way a good Jason would still be required to check the map and the counselors would still have a chance to escape.

Yeah, well, one set of keys would never start two different cars. Realism has never been this game’s strong point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...