Have any of you found any hiding spots that you swear by? I have one for sure, and I have proven that it works time and time again. It's so stupid too but results don't lie.

I forget which map right off hand, but it's the one that has the 2 large houses close to each other. One house has like this rear shed/basement that you can walk into. Only one way in and one way out (Not the house that has stairs that lead down to a basement, the other one). When you go in there I think there's like appliances and stuff around. Anyways, in the middle of the basement is like a support beam for the roof and I think a refrigerator sitting up against it. 

I'm not kidding, sometimes I will just go stand behind the fridge, and angle my pov so I can see around it and still see the door. But whoever comes into that doorway looking into the room can't see me standing behind the fridge. 

On multiple occasions have I witnessed Jasons freaking out as time widdled down and they frantically searched the house above me. Sometimes even coming down to the basement 2 or 3 times and looking in, then leaving again. The only potential problem is if another counselor decides to come down there and stand next to you and completely give away your position.

I realize hiding isn't the ideal way to win but it IS a fair way to win, and when you're the last person left on a large map and surely doomed, do what you can.   

Share yours!

• Like 1

It’s the Jarvis House map. I use that same location as a hiding spot while making a part run (taking propeller to the boat or gas to the car) if Jason gets near me. I’ll hide there until he leaves and then go on to the repair. The key is to shut the door behind you and don’t lock it. Locking the door will result in a thorough sweep of that room by Jason. 

• Like 2

Higgins upstairs bathroom behind the shelf. great place to go if jason appears and ur upstairs searching for items. Just be sure a window is open in one of the rooms first so he thinks you hopped out and left.

6 hours ago, NightmareFuel said:

Have any of you found any hiding spots that you swear by? I have one for sure, and I have proven that it works time and time again. It's so stupid too but results don't lie.

I forget which map right off hand, but it's the one that has the 2 large houses close to each other. One house has like this rear shed/basement that you can walk into. Only one way in and one way out (Not the house that has stairs that lead down to a basement, the other one). When you go in there I think there's like appliances and stuff around. Anyways, in the middle of the basement is like a support beam for the roof and I think a refrigerator sitting up against it. 

I'm not kidding, sometimes I will just go stand behind the fridge, and angle my pov so I can see around it and still see the door. But whoever comes into that doorway looking into the room can't see me standing behind the fridge. 

On multiple occasions have I witnessed Jasons freaking out as time widdled down and they frantically searched the house above me. Sometimes even coming down to the basement 2 or 3 times and looking in, then leaving again. The only potential problem is if another counselor decides to come down there and stand next to you and completely give away your position.

I realize hiding isn't the ideal way to win but it IS a fair way to win, and when you're the last person left on a large map and surely doomed, do what you can.   

Share yours!

Dude!Holy fuck,I saw your title and that’s the first one I thought of.Its the Jarvis house map and the basement under the actual Jarvis residence.All you gotta do is go behind the fridge and 3rd person peek and boom!Hidden.We should hide there together if you’re on PS4

• Haha 1

Hide and seek is great.  Any large building will work.  Another great option is to run sense avoidance perks.  I stack them.  I noticed that a lot of Jason players rely on sense a lot.  Use a character that’s high on stealth and you’re good.  It’s saved my ass so many times.  Jason just loses track of you.

Higgins Haven is amazing for hiding spots. There are several awesome secret spots that go unnoticed by a LOT of Jason's.

Stack swimming perks.  Crystal Lake.  Go swim out to the boat exit and hang out by the buoy. 

My favorites are at Packanack though, behind the dresser in the bedroom upstairs to the right and by the chimney in front. 

Those two work even better now with all the people who go on the roof, you can hear Jason tearing up the house complaining that someone must be on the roof LOL 

On 1/15/2019 at 6:42 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

It’s the Jarvis House map. I use that same location as a hiding spot while making a part run (taking propeller to the boat or gas to the car) if Jason gets near me. I’ll hide there until he leaves and then go on to the repair. The key is to shut the door behind you and don’t lock it. Locking the door will result in a thorough sweep of that room by Jason. 

Here we go, snapped a pic. Love this one. Thanks for the advice on keeping the door shut. It has worked for me without doing that thus far but will try that next time just to see.

rsz_unnamed.thumb.jpg.878d06fe3b1e8cc4fd17e94774be7dda.jpg

Hiding only works for new Jason players, I was a backer and have played this game the minute it went live, that stuff doesn’t work against high level Jason’s , I’ve been 150 well over a year.

5 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Hiding only works for new Jason players, I was a backer and have played this game the minute it went live, that stuff doesn’t work against high level Jason’s , I’ve been 150 well over a year.

Depends how long you have to hide. If you're in a good spot in a house, like the Jarvis basement, Jason can easily spend several minutes tearing the place apart before he realizes you might be down there. And even if the house is lighting up on Sense it could still take a couple of minutes to thoroughly check the house, do a second scan of all the hiding places, and then a third more careful sweep of all the rooms to see someone hiding in a corner. If the player can be sneaky and find two good spots in there, it's even worse.

You might still need to evade Jason eventually, but you can bleed A LOT of time off the clock and frustrate him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

Exactly.

Someone hiding in the Jarvis house against me would do better to hide in an actual closet than anywhere else because I'm checking the basement first and then Tommy's bedroom behind the dressers before bothering with closets. 

Higgins bathroom?  Same deal.  I'm checking that bathroom before either bedroom unless I see the door locked. 

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

No hiding spot is meant to last forever, and if you’re smart you’ll move. I don’t care if you’re a backer, you’re not going to be able to search every conceivable hiding spot in the game in the time allotted. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

No hiding spot is meant to last forever, and if you’re smart you’ll move. I don’t care if you’re a backer, you’re not going to be able to search every conceivable hiding spot in the game in the time allotted. 

You are right about the time factor. I tried a couple of times to see if you can hit every hiding spot in 20 minutes. I wasn't able to do it. Add in the spots suggested in this thread, and you'll have more of a time trying to find someone who is good at hide & seek.

Thanks to everyone who posted those outside the box ideas. A couple of them I wasn't aware of.

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

Exactly.

Someone hiding in the Jarvis house against me would do better to hide in an actual closet than anywhere else because I'm checking the basement first and then Tommy's bedroom behind the dressers before bothering with closets. 

Higgins bathroom?  Same deal.  I'm checking that bathroom before either bedroom unless I see the door locked. 

Exactly, those are the 1st places I go.

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

You are right about the time factor. I tried a couple of times to see if you can hit every hiding spot in 20 minutes. I wasn't able to do it. Add in the spots suggested in this thread, and you'll have more of a time trying to find someone who is good at hide & seek.

Thanks to everyone who posted those outside the box ideas. A couple of them I wasn't aware of.

Another thing I do is save the person who is hiding for last, I know all the spot the will be at, so when I’m done disposing of everyone else I can take my time while going into stalk.

2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Another thing I do is save the person who is hiding for last, I know all the spot the will be at, so when I’m done disposing of everyone else I can take my time while going into stalk.

We're quite similar in that regard.

10 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

You might still need to evade Jason eventually, but you can bleed A LOT of time off the clock and frustrate him.

Exactamundo!

And yes, of course if he actually walks in there, you better cheese it!

On 1/15/2019 at 1:37 PM, SirMang said:

My favorites are at Packanack though, behind the dresser in the bedroom upstairs to the right and by the chimney in front.

It used to be that if you got close enough to the chimney on the outside, the house would light up as if someone were inside. If that's still the case, the chimney isn't a "hiding place" but rather is an exploit... i.e., cheating. 

1 hour ago, Shadesofjoe said:

It used to be that if you got close enough to the chimney on the outside, the house would light up as if someone were inside. If that's still the case, the chimney isn't a "hiding place" but rather is an exploit... i.e., cheating. 

It's not really an exploit. Maybe when the game first came out, but now, everyone knows about it. If Jason doesn't check there when searching the house for a lost counselor, that's on Jason.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:23 AM, CountYorgaVampir said:

Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight. 

I did something similar to this last night on Higgin's Haven. After a while Jason just stood there confused, and I snuck up behind him and nabbed him in the back with the baseball bat. I lost it, and just cracked up laughing for the rest of the match. Laughing pissed the Jason player off, but I couldn't help it. It was sooo stupid. The game is fun to play and watch if you make it that way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

It still does.

And it's why it's a good place to hide.  

I'm not saying to stand there all match long, but long enough to see/hear Jason enter the house and take off to somewhere else. 

• Like 1

I have one.

Early in the match, you go into a cabin, make sure you shut the door or the window, but don't lock it, then hide under a bed or in a closet. You'll be 100% invisible to Jason until he has Rage because the round just started so your counselor won't be afraid or prone to going "HOLY SHIT PLEASE DON'T COME OVER HERE!"

You can also hide in a tent or an outhouse for a similar effect, though you won't be contributing to escaping.

The best hiding place I had was in Pinehurst. Jason had killed the power to the main house and guarded the generator like it was his mama, so it never got fixed. That said, even rage couldn't help him find me as Shelly inside the building crouching in a very dark corner and not moving. Sure, he could tell I was in the building, but not WHERE in the building and I waited him out for the last 5 minutes and survived.

At the house near the bottom left of Packaknack and the boat spawn if you place a trap near the front of the building and Jason hits while entering you can jump out the window to the outhouses and hide before he recovers