8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I see the "experts" are ranking Jason's again..

ūü§¶‚Äć‚ôÄÔłŹ

If your top three aren't Savini, part 3, and part 5, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Define experts lol

19 hours ago, Blackjack123961 said:

you can get that with pretty much any jason ever. 

I had the game since release...pre and post "Buff" I barely see people getting 5/8 counselors on PC/PS4.....so not Every Jason can unless the counselors are braindead to bad Jason's lol.

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I barely see people getting 5/8 counselors on PC

I very rarely go less than 6/8 on PC regardless of who is in the lobby unless I'm  having a bad connection.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I very rarely go less than 6/8 on PC regardless of who is in the lobby unless I'm  having a bad connection.

:( damn

On 11/23/2020 at 6:24 AM, Blackjack123961 said:

7's sense strength is near useless

absolutley not. J7 sense is underrated. i can tell when someone is headed toward an objective from far as hell away. sound waves coming from the car area, better have a closer look.. a close eye on sound waves will make up for his lack of traps. being able to "hear" the pitter patter of brats from such distance is a huge advantage in my opinion. part 7 isnt the best, but he is my favorite along side classic part 3. wish i could say the same for part 4 -crys self to sleep-

16 hours ago, Blackjack123961 said:

why is everyone ranking 6 so bad? he's actually one of my favorites

Because negative morph on a big map is a horrible weakness.

2, 4 and 6 are the most balanced, well thought out Jason's in the game. They have actual strengths and actual weaknesses, but because 3,5, 8 and Savini have very little weakness and we tend to gravitate towards the easiest path of victory. Most lobbies will contain a lot of 3, 5, 8 and Savini. Same thing with counselors, although in both cases. Its just because the meta of this game became so apparent and so stale basically a year in. That's what we ended up with. Hell, in the final days of the Xmas 2016 beta, we basically got a preview of what the meta would be 3 years later. A whole lot of Part 3 spam versus a whole lot of Vanessa spam.

Not much has changed in 3 years. Blame goes on Illfonic/Gun for scrambling with the game since day one knowing they had the lawsuit looming to shut everything down and of course the community for never daring to be different 3 years later. I mean you can't force people to play with the lesser counselors/Jason's but by god, its like people don't even get bored and want to try something out of their comfort zone.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

2, 4 and 6 are the most balanced, well thought out Jason's in the game. They have actual strengths and actual weaknesses, but because 3,5, 8 and Savini have very little weakness and we tend to gravitate towards the easiest path of victory.

Balanced? 2, 4, and 6 are some of the worst Jason's in the game because of their debilitating weaknesses. Negative shift is absolutely garbage. Part 6 isn't too bad on a small map but put him on a big map against a coordinated team and you'll see how bad negative morph really is.

Part 3 is the most balanced Jason. That's why lots of people use him. Roy is the second best runner because plus throwing knives makes up for no weapon strength. Obviously Savini is the best walker. But if you don't have him, 9 or maybe 7 depending on your play style, would be the next best thing. Or 6 on a small map. But again, 6 is going to struggle to hold objectives on a big map.

8 is garbage for a walker. His weaknesses aren't necessarily bad but his only real strength is destruction. And that really isn't much of a strength.

I like to play on random in pubs, but if I had to rate them competitively I'd say 3, Savini, 5, 9, 7, 6, 2, 8, 4.

10 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

8 is garbage for a walker.

So in your opinion 9 and 7 are better with only 3 traps? I can't agree with that. 2 more traps makes up for any "weakness" 8 has compared to those 2. IMO

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Balanced? 2, 4, and 6 are some of the worst Jason's in the game because of their debilitating weaknesses. Negative shift is absolutely garbage. Part 6 isn't too bad on a small map but put him on a big map against a coordinated team and you'll see how bad negative morph really is.

Part 3 is the most balanced Jason. That's why lots of people use him. Roy is the second best runner because plus throwing knives makes up for no weapon strength. Obviously Savini is the best walker. But if you don't have him, 9 or maybe 7 depending on your play style, would be the next best thing. Or 6 on a small map. But again, 6 is going to struggle to hold objectives on a big map.

8 is garbage for a walker. His weaknesses aren't necessarily bad but his only real strength is destruction. And that really isn't much of a strength.

I like to play on random in pubs, but if I had to rate them competitively I'd say 3, Savini, 5, 9, 7, 6, 2, 8, 4.

I think we have different definitions of what balance is.

You cite Part 3 as the most balanced?...

He has no weaknesses that matter. No mobility weaknesses or objective control or mask hp. When people talk about Part 3, its most often cited that they prefer him BECAUSE he has no weakness that matter. That's not balance, that's just what's easiest to get by with. Same with those Vanessa fools. She can keep Jason at a distance with jogging, can waste his time, has decent luck, can be the sweater girl and can repair with proper manip of skill checks. No weaknesses. Who cares if Jason finds her. She has more than enough tools to bait him unless he's a master of knives (and has enough to burn her 4-6 sprays) and tech and she's just a noob or average troll Vanessa.

To me, balanced means both actual strengths and weaknesses.

The 3 I mentioned don't mean I think they are the best Jasons in the game. It means you can clearly see the balanced design behind them. 2 has objective control but is bad up close. 4 is great up close but has terrible objective control and mobility. 6 has range and up close mobility but bad at a distance. You can clearly see both sides of the coin with them. Course, if more of the powers in this game had actual depth and design, rather than just being placeholders. The game could've had more balanced Jasons rather than lopsided or bad ones.

We can agree to disagree. I don't care how good you are or aren't and/or how that makes your opinion more valid or not. I've stated my reasons, I'll move along.

• Thanks 1

Whoever the best Jason's are depends on what you value as strengths, and what you find hindering as weaknesses. For me personally, I value Shift, Destruction, Stalk, and to a slightly lesser extent, Weapon Strength. For weaknesses, the only two that really bother me are minus shift and less traps. Not everybody agrees with that, and it's fine. Some players really value the ability to run, I think it's overrated. It's a nice perk to have when your shift isn't penalized for it, but I don't usually find myself getting any extra kills because of it, that I wouldn't have gotten with a walking Jason. (I actually find running more useful for objective control than running down Counselors) I don't like getting penalized in the trap department, but other Jason players don't value traps at all, and if they don't feel they need them, good for them.

When I play Jason, I enjoy stalk killing and good chases against talented counselors. I tend to gravitate towards Jason's that allow me to play the way I like to play, and that's usually part 8 or Part 5. They sure as hell work for me. I'm not a big fan for 2, 4, or 9, but if they work for other players I'm not going to argue. 

On 12/5/2020 at 2:35 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

So in your opinion 9 and 7 are better with only 3 traps? I can't agree with that. 2 more traps makes up for any "weakness" 8 has compared to those 2. IMO

+Shift and +weapon strength without any other crippling weakness makes up for the difference in traps.

On 12/5/2020 at 3:36 PM, tyrant666 said:

think we have different definitions of what balance is.

You cite Part 3 as the most balanced?...

He has no weaknesses that matter. No mobility weaknesses or objective control or mask hp. When people talk about Part 3, its most often cited that they prefer him BECAUSE he has no weakness that matter. That's not balance, that's just what's easiest to get by with.

Part 3 is balanced because, other than +weapon strength, his abilities are mostly on the neutral side of the spectrum. Neutral shift, neutral morph, 5 traps base hit points... that kind of stuff. Most of the other Jason's have two helpful strengths and two crippling weaknesses. Like plus traps and plus morph but minus shift and minus water speed. Or plus destruction and plus weapon strength but minus traps and minus shift.

And look at how strong mostly neutral abilities make part 3 Jason. Hell part 4 would go from worst to best if they'd just get rid of minus shift, or at least get rid of minus shift speed. But that stat is so broken that it has 2 negative side effects.

1: the shift is slower.

2: the recharge is slower.

11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Hell part 4 would go from worst to best if they'd just get rid of minus shift, or at least get rid of minus shift speed. But that stat is so broken that it has 2 negative side effects.

Oh I 100% agree on this one,if part 4 just had neutral shift he'd be a total beast even with 3 traps. Savini who?

On 12/8/2020 at 4:43 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Oh I 100% agree on this one,if part 4 just had neutral shift he'd be a total beast even with 3 traps. Savini who?

well, they SHOULD get rid of it, considering that he's the last unlocked jason in the game.

My personal favourites: Savini, P8,P5,P3,P6 and P9. < I switch between these Jasons from time to time.

1.) Savini Jason, of course. No need for explanation.

2.) Part 8 - He's pretty strong, other than Savini.

3.) Part 5 - Sure his defense isn't great, but you can learn to play around it. Knowing how to block is important playing him if you are playing against high damage counselors; He has no real weaknesses.

4.) Part 3 - He's neutral. I'd rank him the same as P5 but you are more likely to be impacted by p3's weaknesses than P5's.

5.) Part 6 - Personally my favourite, he's fun to play around with. 

6.) Part 9 - He is a beast if you play him right. It takes actual skill playing him, though not many players know how to. I'd list him higher but he isn't that strong and lacks map control, along with other things.

7.) Part 4 - Not a great choice, high damage + destruction is good. He lacks map control and his shift is slow, which makes him not strong, but weak. Imo they are pretty much for braindead players.

8.) Part 2 - Like others would say, he's great with map control. Great morph, but weak when it comes to getting beaten by groups of counselors that needs to be slashed, not grabbed. Blocking may help, but it's up to how you play. Water movement isn't great, so it will be difficult if you don't know what you're doing when catching counselors on a boat.Used to main this guy when I first started. Bad idea.

9.) Part 7 - His strengths doesn't give you a lot of advantage. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but the traps just made him a no-no for me. 

___