Since I got a lot of answers on my favorite Jason music thread,I’ll make another fun thread for you.Rank every Jason in the game,including Roy and Savini,by strength.

Edit:Is there a way I can do a poll,or is that reserved for the devs and Kodiak?

Jason Tier List:

1. Savini, don’t even have to explain.

2. J3, neutral Jason.

3. J7, good morph, shift, plus weapon damage. If only he had 5 traps.

4. J6, good sense and shift, two of the things that help with chases and catching counselors.

5. J8, neutral Jason 

6. J5, basically a running version of J6.

7. J9, J7 is better than him, IMO. They both have minis traps and a good shift. But J7 has plus weapon damage.

8. J4, I would rather use J4 than J2. They both have a minus shift, and J4 has plus weapon damage and destruction, so I would rather deal with that minus traps.

9. J2, Minus shift and lack of plus weapon damage makes him a less viable Jason, for me. 

1: J3, The lack of any real weaknesses and weapon strength make him the best to me.

2: J8, Same thing as J3. No real weaknesses and destruction make him a close second. 

3: J7, The weapon strength and neutral shift were huge buffs. Only real complaint is the minus traps.

4: J5, The nice neutral stats combined with those knives make him damn strong. He only ranks this low because of how easy his mask comes off.

5: J6, His minus morph and easy to drop mask are damming weaknesses to me. The plus shift and throwing knives help, but I still won't willingly play him.

6: J9, Plus shift is all he's got really. When you consider his lower hp, and minus traps it just isn't enough to make up for those.

7: J2, Plus morph and plus traps is a beautiful combination. That minus shift and easy to loosen mask are just painful though.

8: J4, Poor J4. Some of the best strengths combined with the worst weaknesses. 

As a few side notes, I didn't include Savini as not everyone has him. I don't have him and can't evaluate him properly as such. He'd be near the top of the list most likely though. For mr J3 and J8 are my favorites and it really was a toss up between them. The bottom 4 were hard to rank because I don't play them. They all have a weakness or two that I can't stand.

funny enough i find J3 the easiest to kill in my groups lol id put J8 above J3

1. Savini

2. Part 8

3. Part 5

4. Part 9 (My personal favorite and main, a relentless monster if you know how to use him, but he takes some practice. Not everyone can play him to his full potential.)

5. Part 3

6. Part 6

7. Part 7

8. Part 2

9. Part 4

If Uber had been released with his leaked stats, he'd be number 2, surpassed only by Savini, and the best overall for those who didn't get Savini. So depressing we'll probably never get him.

• Like 1

Top 2 are Savini and 8 in that order.

The next 5 are based on your own playstyle...3, 5, 6, 7, 9.  Each has their own pluses that depend on your play style of which ranks higher or lower.  Personally I'd rank it 5, 3, 6, 7, 9. 

Bottom of the barrel, never use them are 2 and 4.  If you prefer destruction then 2 is the worst, if you prefer 7 traps then 4 is the worst.  But they are both flaming piles of dog crap. 

Personally,

1. Savini

2. Part 8

3. Part 9

4. Part 3

5. Part 5

6. Part 2

7. Part 7

8. Part 6

9. Part 4

17 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

1. Savini

2. Part 8

3. Part 5

4. Part 9 (My personal favorite and main, a relentless monster if you know how to use him, but he takes some practice. Not everyone can play him to his full potential.)

5. Part 3

6. Part 6

7. Part 7

8. Part 2

9. Part 4

If Uber had been released with his leaked stats, he'd be number 2, surpassed only by Savini, and the best overall for those who didn't get Savini. So depressing we'll probably never get him.

I’m liking P9 more and more every day,like the stun resistance and shift strength combo.

17 hours ago, ZillaMeister said:

Personally,

1. Savini

2. Part 8

3. Part 9

4. Part 3

5. Part 5

6. Part 2

7. Part 7

8. Part 6

9. Part 4

Seems like p8 is the favorite among most people which makes sense,but when I make my ranking them off of appearance thread,will the order stay the same?

5 hours ago, ProPlaya10 said:

Seems like p8 is the favorite among most people which makes sense,but when I make my ranking them off of appearance thread,will the order stay the same?

Doubtful. Alot of people including me like part 7's look the best.

I'm not going to post an entire tier list. There's a consensus that Savini is the best of the bunch and I'm pretty much in agreement.

As for who is second, I think some consideration has to be given to Roy. I'd like to draw attention to his negatives and some misconceptions about them--namely his -Defense. There's this idea that -Defense is somehow tied to the mask coming off, but this is not the case. It lowers his ability to successfully block counselor attacks when in combat stance. That's it. Let's look at Part 9 Jason as a comparison, who has Less Hit Points. This is what actually determines how soon the mask comes off. So Roy's mask does not come off faster than any other Jason. 

Additionally, -Grip Strength has been well established to have no significant impact on the game as there are plenty of insta-kills (choke, head punch, etc.) that nullify it. 

So we are left with -Stun Resistance, which is the only demonstrable negative for Roy that has any real impact on gameplay, as staying stunned longer is an actual disadvantage against experienced counselors.

So for the very low opportunity cost of -Stun Resistance, what you get in return is the most versatile Jason in the game.

He has no drawbacks to any of the core abilities and gets +Stalk, which is one the most underrated positives in the game. He also comes with +Throwing Knives which means you have to spend less up-front time gathering them, allowing you to begin securing objectives sooner. But best of all, he Can Run and doesn't have to sacrifice Shift or Morph to do so. This is very strong. It gives him the ability to pressure objectives almost as well as Part 2 Jason while also giving him the ability to pressure counselors in a 1v1 situation nearly as well as Part 4 Jason. There's nothing Roy isn't capable of doing at an above-average level and his Stalk/Shift game is quite strong. I can't recommend him enough.

In terms of meta abilities, Savini Jason comes with the best loadout. But if you're looking for a Jason who can succeed in any situation, Roy is your man.

Alright, everyone else is doing it and since i'm too lazy to create a website, here goes nothing.

10. Part 7 Jason. Everyone is talking about how great he is, but he has some pretty bad weaknesses that can't be worked around. But let's start with the strengths. Weapon strength doesn't matter to people like me who only do grab and context kills. Water speed, nobody cares about, and sense is pretty much the only OK thing about him, but I haven't even started with the weaknesses yet. One of the biggest burrs about certain Jasons is that they can't run. You have that with this guy. Low stun resistance means you can be stunned more easily, so beware of Bugzy. And the epic finale, low traps.

9. Part 2 Jason. People say "Oh, he's good, you just have to get used to him." Well, I tried getting used to him, and I just can't. Defense is bad, too. And don't get me started on water speed. More traps means virtually nothing. He can run, which is the only good thing about him, and nobody cares about morph strength. And the cherry on this lack of sundae is his terrible shift ability. In some maps, he's arguably worse than part 7.

8. Part 5 Roy. Ah, the Jason who's not a Jason. Nobody cares about him! He's kind of the runt of the group due to his low defense, his grip strength (which is bad for a guy like me who likes grab and context kills), and his stun resistance. Throwing knives don't matter, really, newbies don't use stalk a lot, and he can run. The only good thing is that he can run, or he'd be sandwitched between part 7 and part 2.

7. Retro Jason. I ranked this Jason lower than part 3 Jason because he is brighter and more noticeable in the forest.

6. Part 8 Jason. The one who took Manhattan! He is actually somewhat playable. Unlike the last 3. It's strengths are water speed, destruction, and stalk. Those are all very good traits to have, and if stalk is combined with destruction speed, you can chop through doors and sneak up on people like nobody's business! But there are some downsides. He can't run, which nobody likes, he can't sense people very well, and he can't hold on to them. Like Roy, I don't like grip strength as a weakness. This puts him lower on the list. If you favor stalk though, this is your guy.

5. Part 4 Jason. I really want to like this guy more, it just has some of the best strengths in the game. But it has some crippling flaws. If you know me, I like shift as a strength, not a weakness. This puts him lower on the list. Also, for people who like grab kills like me, this Jason's weapon strength doesn't matter much either. Destruction is OK, but if you want some good destruction, you should look to part 8. It can run, which is pretty good as well. Water speed doesn't matter as long as people don't escape through the boat. Less traps doesn't matter much, either.

4. Part 6 Jason. With throwing knives, sense, and shift makes it a formidable ally. He also has some interesting grab kills. One of the things holding him back, though, is that he cannot run. His defense ain't that great either. The morph weakness doesn't matter much, same with the extra throwing knives. Increases sense is also pretty awesome, combined with increased shift makes this guy a worthy opponent for Bugzy.

3. Ah, part 3. The starter. The original. The first to don the hockey mask (if you don't count Pamela). This one is very useful at times. Weapon strength doesn't matter much to me, but it is very useful to beginners. Grip strength and ability to run are very useful traits to have, if this Jason had increased shift, my mind would be torn for number one place, but unfortunately, it is not. Low stun resistance makes it one of the Bugzy-fearers, and although sense is sometimes not very useful, it can be at times. Stalk is also bad for those who like unsuspecting prey.

2. This is a great Jason- if you know how to play as him. His inability to run is almost silenced by his increased shift, stun resistance, and stalk. All of you know by now I love increased shift, and although it's not for everyone, it is useful at times. Stalk is awesome for stealthy Jasons who don't have the ability to run, and stun resistance means you can face Bugzy head-on with your awesome double-bit axe. However, less hitpoints makes it easier for a Jason kill, so be wary of that. Other than that, he is extremely handy at times.

1. Savini Jason. You all knew this was coming. He's on the top of every ranking and he's awesome. He's got a freaking pitch fork. He's on fire (in both ways). Shift, weapon strength, and destruction are the 3 big parts. He's got amazing grab kills. Who cares about water speed? He can't run? Shift! Bad grip strength? Didn't I mention weapon strength earlier? This guy is awesome, and he cannot be beat.

There are 9 Jasons and imma put them into groups and rank them all.

The destructive Jasons

Part 4 Jason- The ability to run, weapon strength, and destruction are all great abilities to have. If you can wipe these counselors out quickly and efficiently, this would be your favorite Jason. However, due to his lack of shift, he can't catch an incoming car, his bad water speed makes it hard for him to catch a boat, and his low traps are terrible for objective control. How do you win as this guy? Simple. KILL THEM ALL. KILL THEM QUICKLY. Start with the weaklings such as LaChappa who have good repair speed. Then start moving up to Bugzy.

Part 3 Jason- Weapon strength, grip strength, and speed makes this guy a formidable foe. He is powerful, and average at keeping objectives undone. He's pretty good at everything, really. Except Stealth. This guy is as subtle as a sledgehammer, having low stalk ability. He is also bad at sensing, and is susceptible to stun resistance. My advice? Start stacking up on quick grab kills. This gives them slow time to react, and, overall just looks cool.

Part 7 Jason- Sense, water speed, and grip strength. Except for the water speed, this guy is pretty useless. But why don't we focus on things that are NOT there. Take a look at his stats. Notice anything No defense weaknesses of offense weaknesses. He's pretty bad at chasing counselors due to his shift weakness, which makes him not very great to play as. Not recommended, but in this section. You can use whatever strat for this guy, but I recommend slowing them down with throwing knives, and then ending them with a machete.

Savini Jason- He has increased shift, which is amazing. Weapon strength and destruction top it off with complete awesomeness. Water speed may be bad, but he can suffice for that with shift. He can't run? Shift! Low grip strength? Hack 'em to death! There's almost nothing this Jason can't do!

The Stalker Jasons- These Jasons have good stalk, and are good at sneaking up on counselors.

Part 9 Jason- He has great shift, which means he can surprise counselors with surprise grabs, stun resistance means less pesky stuns from Bugzy, and Stalk means you can launch surprise attacks on counselors. However, less hitpoints means that he can be unmasked easier, less traps means he can't patrol objectives as well, but inability to run can be silenced by increased shift. My advice is sneaking up on counselors, then taking them out.

Part 8 Jason- He has some awesome strengths, like destruction, water speed, and above all, stalk. If you see a counselor in a cabin, use stalk and destruction together to create a powerful sneak attack. His inability to sense well doesn't matter much, since he is mainly a sneak-attack guy, and I recommend you be a butcher and hack 'em to death.

Part 5 Roy- Being the runt of the group is pretty tough, considering he has terrible grip strength, horrible, stun resistance, and atrocious defense, yet he is quite the stalker. Roy is an impostor, not the real Jason, an impersonator. That being said, here are some upsides. Throwing knives and the ability to run are a pretty powerful combo. But he can stalk also, which is the reason he's on this list. He is very weak, but for people who like these upsides, this guy can be for you.

The manager Jasons- These Jasons are very good at managing objectives and making sure that they never get done, but if they do get done, they are not very good at preventing escape.

Part 2 Jason- This Jason can run, which makes it easier to catch up to counselors. He can also morph well, so he can patrol the phone and electrical boxes better. Also, he has increased traps for trapping objectives. Although, if they do get them done, it won't be easy to catch up. Decreased shift means he can't catch a car, and decreased water speed means he can't catch a boat. Low defense also means his bag comes off easier. So this Jason is awesome at preventing objectives, but not good at stopping them.

Part 6 Jason- More throwing knives means this Jason can attack people at long distance, which is great. But let's focus on shift and strength. Increased shift means you can shift faster and it recharges more quickly. This is useful for surprise attacks. This is also useful for getting around the map quickly. And a sense strength means you can see people at a longer distance. Now for the downsides. His low defense is good for a kill Jason, which of course, is bad. Then you have a bad morph, which means it replenishes slower. No running also means that you can't chase after counselors as effectively without the shift ability.

Now it's time to just rank them all. Best to worst

Savini- Destructive

Part 8- Stalker

Part 9- Stalker

Part 3- Destructive

Part 6- Manager

Part 5- Stalker

Part 4- Destructive

Part 2- Manager

Part 7- Destructive

Little surprised how many don't rate part 2 higher. I usually use that Jason or part 4 or 5. Usually one of the more popular ones in the lobby as well. Yes his shift isn't great but being able to run and have so many traps mean you can trap all the objectives. 

18 hours ago, Deano78 said:

Little surprised how many don't rate part 2 higher. I usually use that Jason or part 4 or 5. Usually one of the more popular ones in the lobby as well. Yes his shift isn't great but being able to run and have so many traps mean you can trap all the objectives. 

if counselors step on your traps, you will have trouble. especially if they're carrying a health spray.

with part 4, his damage is great, but the shift decrease, along with the other weaknesses is really bad for him.

part 5 is very weak and easy for a kill jason.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:14 PM, Blackjack123961 said:

part 5 is very weak and easy for a kill jason.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion... Part 5 has no real weaknesses. If you know how to block, which all Jason players should be doing regardless of lower HP, then you will not get demasked easily. Block chance is not a thing in the game, so you can successfully block all incoming hits and take less damage, provided your block activation is not interfered with by high ping (which is more common now the game is P2P only). Stun Resistance is broken. It works ever so marginally for stun chance and depends highly on the counselor, weapon they are using and perk (Sucker Punch) they have equipped. It does not work to increase (or decrease) stun duration. Nevertheless, getting stunned is not a problem if you're blocking or when in Rage mode. As for Grip Strength, it is easily negated by insta-killing the counselor, making sure they are limping before grabbing them or being in Rage. Also, being a Jason imposter is not a legitimate reason to hate the guy. On the plus side, Roy can Stalk more often due to a quicker cooldown. Thus Stalk-Shift-grabs are more deadly as counselors will not get a static indication if the Stalk-Shift is performed from outside of Jason music range - something good players utilise even if "newbies" don't. His extra throwing knives can also compensate for his neutral-Weapon Strength and are a blessing if you're a sharpshooter with the quick throws as they can limp a counselor in 2 hits (3 if they are running a solid Thick Skinned). Throwing knives definitely do matter when Vanessa or Tommy is wanting to show you a clean pair of heels for 10+ mins. Also, neutral Shift, Morph, Sense, Traps and Water Speed make Part 5 a great, if not the best, all-rounder IMO for handling objectives and extremely formidable once Rage kicks in to speed up those cooldowns. Not to mention he can run too  : )

On 11/13/2020 at 10:21 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Part 7 ranked low???? Wow! 🙄

7's sense strength is near useless, his water speed doesn't matter in singleplayer or if a boat doesn't spawn, and his weapon strenth is the one thing good about him. he cant run, which gets annoying early game, less traps is a relly bad weakness to have, and stun resistance is bad for him id theres a bugzy in the map.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:35 AM, ProPlaya10 said:

Rank every Jason in the game,including Roy and Savini,by strength.

Well if we are going purely by strength I'd put Part 4 and Savini at the top simply because of the +weapon strength and +destruction combo. After that I'd put +weapon strength Jasons in any order, and after that +destruction and +grip strength Jasons in any order.

For a while there I was maining Part 4, but had to change it to Part 2 after Jason hunters became more prevalent (gotta be able to trap the shack and objectives with traps to spare).

On 11/23/2020 at 7:24 AM, Blackjack123961 said:

7's sense strength is near useless, his water speed doesn't matter in singleplayer or if a boat doesn't spawn, and his weapon strenth is the one thing good about him. he cant run, which gets annoying early game, less traps is a relly bad weakness to have, and stun resistance is bad for him id theres a bugzy in the map.

I legit get 7/8 to 8/8 with Part 7 casually....

I see the "experts" are ranking Jason's again..

🤦‍♀️

If your top three aren't Savini, part 3, and part 5, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

If your top three aren't Savini, part 3, and part 5, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Well not everyone has Savini so IMO 8 is probably the closest thing to him but 5 and 3 I agree they are pretty close to each other depending how you play. It just seems 5's abilities  come back quicker to me than 3's do.Just maybe a Jedi mind trick the cooldowns are probably the same.I prefer the longer stalk and I was deadly with knives till P2P kicked in. 5 just gets poo pooed because it's not really Jason which I don't care. 4 IMO is total garbage unless you do nothing but slash.