Dead Meme

Should Part 7 Jason Have -Defense Instead Of -Traps?

IMO, Part 7 Jason should have -defense instead of -traps. Why? Because in the 7th film he took a lot of damage and was unmasked by Tina (the final girl aka Carrie) plus he wasn’t very good at blocking all the shit Tina threw at him. Also, he would be the only WALKING Jason in the game with +Weapon strength, good shift, and traps  (not counting Savini) 

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. @mattshotcha

If they buff traps at all. The -traps would be more tolerable.

I still think he's a lot better now and almost prefer him to Part 8.

-Defense does make sense, but im fine with him as is.

• Thanks 1

Good thoughts here. Let's see what the community thinks once a few more weigh in.

• Thanks 1

While I see your point, he was getting slapped around by mind powers. That is a bit hard to combat. That said, anything that makes any Jason more viable I'm all for.

I'll add my own suggestions while I'm here. Plus stalk in place of plus sense makes more sense to me. He did a hell of alot of stalking after all. Though I personally would love to see plus sense swapped for plus morph. It makes sense to me film wise as he covered alot of ground. Game play wise it'd help make him unique. He'd be the only walking Jason with plus morph after all. 

• Thanks 1

sHrQLlx.jpg

Neg. Defense could be a good switch with Neg. Traps. 

I wonder if they would consider activating the buttons so that alternate Strengths and Weaknesses could be activated in the character screen. It would be interesting if each Jason had two alternates in each category it could make the game much more dynamic, and tense.

• Like 1

Absolutely not. -defense= less hit points. -traps= 2 less traps. What good are 2 more traps going to do if you're dead? Right now he's about the only alternative to part 3 that's worth using. It's already boring enough seeing everyone that knows what they're doing either running part 3 or part 7. If they nerf part 7 again they won't be doing anything except making it easier to kill another Jason. Considering Jasons are easy enough to kill as they are I don't think they need to do anything else to make it easier. Every bit of this is going the wrong way...

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Absolutely not. -defense= less hit points. -traps= 2 less traps. What good are 2 more traps going to do if you're dead? Right now he's about the only alternative to part 3 that's worth using. It's already boring enough seeing everyone that knows what they're doing either running part 3 or part 7. If they nerf part 7 again they won't be doing anything except making it easier to kill another Jason. Considering Jasons are easy enough to kill as they are I don't think they need to do anything else to make it easier. Every bit of this is going the wrong way...

10% more hit-points will not save you from an axe to your skull, Nor will two traps. But I personally would rather deal with 90% hit-points than 3 traps. 

But, hey. What do I know? 😉

14 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Good thoughts here. Let's see what the community thinks once a few more weigh in.

Thanks, Matt. 

@thrawn3054, I agree with your plus morph suggestion! 

13 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

10% more hit-points will not save you from an axe to your skull, Nor will two traps. But I personally would rather deal with 90% hit-points than 3 traps. 

But, hey. What do I know? 😉

10% less hit points could be the difference between losing the mask and not losing the mask. That would depend on the match. I'd rather see them just add 1 more trap to all the -trap Jasons and not nerf any of them.