Dragonfire82877

Halloween Game by Gun?

43 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I hope your right.

Tips for making a Halloween game

( I know armchair game development is frowned upon here but what the hell do I know, I've just been playing games and watching horror movies since I can remember.)

No f***ing healing

No timer. Michael wins by killing all victims (not including cops) and exiting the map

Dead players respawn as cops or vigilantes

Victims are in first person, Michael third

Michael must be able to change weapons on the fly

Michael can wear disguses?

Michael can drive

Big maps that are filled with npc characters, even ben tramer

The game starts without the victims running for their lives but rather just going about their lives - that means minigames

Take your time to make a complete and finished product

I like what you have come up with although I would like to play as a victim in third person or maybe have the choice to switch between first and third because that way if they do customisation for victims you can actually see the outfit you have chosen to wear in game 

like if they did clothing dlc like the spring break 84 pack it would be pointless as you wouldn’t be able to see it in first person

1 hour ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I would like to play as a victim in third person or maybe have the choice to switch between first and third

I would prefer this as well. I do not play first person games, I cannot stand them. Don't know why, just never have liked first person view in a video game.

7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I would prefer this as well. I do not play first person games, I cannot stand them. Don't know why, just never have liked first person view in a video game.

Same here 

I also would really love Jamie Lloyd in this game but she’s only a kid in 4 and 5 and Jamie is so much better with Danielle Harris playing her, so I don’t know how they could have a child in the game because it would be pretty messed up seeing a 9 year old get murdered.

10 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I like what you have come up with although I would like to play as a victim in third person or maybe have the choice to switch between first and third because that way if they do customisation for victims you can actually see the outfit you have chosen to wear in game 

like if they did clothing dlc like the spring break 84 pack it would be pointless as you wouldn’t be able to see it in first person

I think first person would be scarier. Also third person would give spatial awareness making it easier to hide from Michael. Options are great tho. Maybe it changes to first person when Michael focuses on a certain player? Also mirrors would reflect your image and when you look down you can see your body. Also this is an M rated game so teenagers are fair game so long as they are trying to kill michael. I don't recall anyone snowflaking when that kid was killed in the 2018 movie. Also not a fan of supernatural Michael.

47 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I think first person would be scarier. Also third person would give spatial awareness making it easier to hide from Michael. Options are great tho. Maybe it changes to first person when Michael focuses on a certain player? Also mirrors would reflect your image and when you look down you can see your body. Also this is an M rated game so teenagers are fair game so long as they are trying to kill michael. I don't recall anyone snowflaking when that kid was killed in the 2018 movie. Also not a fan of supernatural Michael.

Same here I prefer Michael as an ordinary, Human killer as it adds more mystery to why he kills 

2 hours ago, peter_brown said:

nah I'd rather spend my money on a game i know it will last longer than this

Last longer than what? If you are referring to F13, it’s been out for just over a year and is still going. 

1 minute ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Last longer than what? If you are referring to F13, it’s been out for just over a year and is still going. 

Not even that, almost 2 years and still going 

Wes hasn't tweeted about this "future project" in a while. Wonder why that is.

2 hours ago, BigJay said:

Wes hasn't tweeted about this "future project" in a while. Wonder why that is.

Because The Layers Of Fear 2 Project .

The GunMedia team is doing promotions For the Layers Of Fear 2 Project .

Im sure Wes Keltner is thinking of Halloween .

Because ive seen him in an interview on youtube where he says he would like to do Halloween .

A couple years ago i seen him say it but since then ive tried finding that video and cant find it.

But now Days Wes Keltner has the Connections of Halloween movie producer Ryan Turek and Blumhouse connections  so it seems obvious to Assume to me at least that A Full Complete Halloween Game is in the works.

9 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Because The Layers Of Fear 2 Project .

The GunMedia team is doing promotions For the Layers Of Fear 2 Project .

Im sure Wes Keltner is thinking of Halloween .

Because ive seen him in an interview on youtube where he says he would like to do Halloween .

A couple years ago i seen him say it but since then ive tried finding that video and cant find it.

But now Days Wes Keltner has the Connections of Halloween movie producer Ryan Turek and Blumhouse connections  so it seems obvious to Assume to me at least that A Full Complete Halloween Game is in the works.

I would love them to make a Halloween game. It’s the right way to go after what happened with Friday the 13th and the stupid lawsuit. No more dlc coming to f13 is honestly devastating 😩😩😩

I was thinking, what characters from the movies or people based off of characters from the movies would you like to see in a Halloween Game if they make one 

I can't believe people are actually excited to see Michael fall victim to stun parties, with tea bagging and emotes.

Make no mistake, if Gun does a Halloween game, it'll be the best visual representation of the settings from the Halloween franchise, just like it was for the first 5 Friday the 13th films in the F13 Game.  However, it will also fall victim to Gun's weakness, which is an inability to properly balance sides for asymmetrical multiplayer.  Halloween: The Game by Gun Media Inc will end up like Friday The 13th: The Game: a very nice looking digital Cosplay, but not a proper game.

@IcrazyKid855

All skins from every Halloween film for Michael Myers...

Dr. Loomis - original and remake versions 

Laurie Strode original / 2018 look and remake versions 

Lynda  -original 

Annie - original 

Jamie Lloyd - adult Daniel Harris version

Rachel Carruthers 

Tina

Kara strode 

Tommy Doyle - Grown up 

Lindsay Wallace - grown up version

Ben Tramer - with mask and without 

Nurse Alves - nurse outfit and plain clothes  

Nurse Karen - nurse outfit and plain clothes 

Nurse Janet- nurse outfit and plain clothes 

Bud - ambulance outfit and plain clothes  

Jimmy - ambulance outfit and plain clothes 

Mr Garret 

Sheriff Bracket both original and remake 

Sheriff Meeker 

Kelly Meeker - Cops do it by the book shirt and regular clothing option.

John Tate 

Allyson Strode  - Laurie’s grand daughter Halloween 2018 

Karen Strode  - Laurie’s Daughter Halloween 2018

@Thatguyinktown

I totally understand your frustration with the current state of F13 the Game it is very upsetting...

one good thing to look forward to is Our new community lead has told us the next update/ patch will address the “weak Jason “ issues we have been experienced for quite a while now.....

I agree that Gun perfectly captured the feel/ look of the Friday the 13th franchise...and have struggled with the asymmetrical balance for both sides.....

Gun media and Illfonic did make something special though....and I feel could do the same for Halloween they are huge fans and it shows....

Both of these games are projects no AAA developer was going to do....and Gun did a lot right with the game.....it is still fun to play with the right people....

( I agree the glitches /mechanics can be abused...and is the main issue I have with the game right now.) 

Would I like more in the game ? Hell yeah !!!!  But I do feel I have definitely got my money’s worth from it as it stands.

They did have a better balance for both sides Last year  hopefully they can find It again.

hopefully if Gun Media does a Halloween Game they would start by having learned a lesson about the player base and how the majority of us want an Op Horror Icon in the game!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@IcrazyKid855

All skins from every Halloween film for Michael Myers...

Dr. Loomis - original and remake versions 

Laurie Strode original and remake versions 

Lynda  -original 

Annie - original 

Jamie Lloyd - adult Daniel Harris version

Rachel Carruthers 

Tina

Kara strode 

Tommy Doyle - Grown up 

Lindsay Wallace - grown up version

Ben Tramer - with mask and without 

Nurse Alves - nurse outfit and plain clothes  

Nurse Karen - nurse outfit and plain clothes 

Nurse Janet- nurse outfit and plain clothes 

Bud - ambulance outfit and plain clothes  

Jimmy - ambulance outfit and plain clothes 

Sheriff Bracket both original and remake 

Sheriff Meeker 

Kelly Meeker - Cops do it by the book shirt and regular clothing option.

John Tate 

Allyson Strode  - Laurie’s grand daughter Halloween 2018 

Karen Strode  - Laurie’s Daughter Halloween 2018

@Thatguyinktown

I totally understand your frustration with the current state of the F13 the Game it is very upsetting...

one good thing to look forward to is Our new community lead has told us the next update/ patch will address the “weak Jason “ issues we have been experienced for quite a while now.....

I agree that Gun perfectly captured the feel/ look of the Friday the 13th franchise...and have struggled with the asymmetrical balance for both sides.....

Gun media and Illfonic did make something special though....and I feel could do the same for Halloween they are huge fans and it shows....

Both of these games are projects no AAA developer was going to do....and Gun did a lot right with the game.....it is still fun to play with the right people....

( I agree the glitches /mechanics can be abused...and is the main issue I have with the game right now.) 

Would I like more in the game ? Hell yeah !!!!  But I do feel I have definitely got my money’s worth from it as it stands.

They did have a better balance for both sides Last year  hopefully they can find It again.

hopefully if Gun Media does a Halloween Game they would start by having learned a lesson about the player base and how the majority of us want an Op Horror Icon in the game!!

Yasss I would want all of these skins!!!!

• Thanks 1

If I remember correctly, there's a rights issue for Michael Myers just like there is for Jason. There's one copyright that includes the first five movies, then there's a copyright that includes 6, 7, 8, and both Zombieweens. I'm not sure how those rights work but I imagine it would be one of those things where Gun would have to bite the bullet and pick one or the other. I think Curse of Michael Myers would be an exception since it was in association with Anchor Bay while still being made by Dimension. So basically, we could either have a game where we can play as the first six versions of Michael Myers, or one where we could play as the Michael from H20, Resurrection, both Zombieweens, and likely Blumhouse. Personally, I would be fine if it was the latter because you could compensate for classic Michael by having a clean skin for the Zombieween since a clean version of the mask exists in that movie and was also used in very early promotional art before they went with the scarred version

I would see it going one of two ways:

Using Anchor Bay License-

H1-

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife

. Alternate Skin- Bob disguise

H2-

. Weapon- Scalpel, Hammer

. Alternate Skins- Blood Tears

H4-

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife; Metal Pipe

. Alternate Skins- Bandaged

H5-

. Weapon- Scythe; Pitchfork

. Alternate Skins- Car Disguise

H6-

. Weapon- Machete

Dimension Films License

H20-

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife

. Alternate Skins- CGI Mask, H6 Mask

H8-

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife

. Alternate Skins- Burned

RZH1

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife; 2x4

. Alternate Skins- Clean, Escape

RZH2

. Weapon- Bowie Knife

. Alternate Skins- Exposed (Hobo Myers, half mask)

I feel like Blumhouse Myers would be in a weird spot where they could use it with either scenario. I'd say he'd just have a regular knife or maybe even a hammer. I'd imagine weapon swapping would be a thing from the get go. Another thought I had was since Michael from the neck down is practically identical in every movie, you could probably just make Michael's customization options more unique and like a Tony Hawk or Rockstar type customization (within reason) and just have it so Michael has pairs of clothes he can choose from, and you can pick a mask to go with it.

Kinda like this-

Outfits-

Black Coveralls

Spruce Green Coveralls

Dark Brown Coveralls

Escape Outfit

Hospital Gown

Masks-

H1

H2

H2 (blood tears)

Ben Tramer

H4

Bandages

H5

H5 (disguise)

H6

H20

H20 (CGI variant)

H8

H8 (burned)

RZH1

RZH1 (clean)

Escape mask

RZH2

RZH2 (damaged mask with exposed face)

Blumhouse

Blumhouse (battle damaged)

Scars/Damage (can turn on or off or mix and match)

Blindness (one eye is blinded from coat hanger)

Neck scar

3rd degree burns (from hospital fire, would be on hands and neck

bullet holes

missing fingers (from Laurie's shotgun wound)

skull damage (from the bullet at the end of RZH1

Cosmetics:

Short Hair (from H1 unmasking)

Aged/Buzzed (buzzed grey hair from Blumhouse movie)

Medium Hair (from H5 unmasking)

Long Hair (from RZH1)

Manged Hair- long hair, but more curly and unkempt from RZH2

Bald - a lot of people wouldn't like this but it would make sense if you wanted to role play as a Michael that maintained his burn damage from the hospital explosion

Clean Shaven

Beard

Head-

Head 1- Tony Moran

Head 2- Don Shanks

Head 3- Tyler Mane

Head 4- James Courtney

It would be controversial to some, but I think having the possibility to play as an unmasked Michael would be cool.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I was thinking, what characters from the movies or people based off of characters from the movies would you like to see in a Halloween Game if they make one 

Tommy Doyle - with anchorman skin.. 😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

If I remember correctly, there's a rights issue for Michael Myers just like there is for Jason. There's one copyright that includes the first five movies, then there's a copyright that includes 6, 7, 8, and both Zombieweens. I'm not sure how those rights work but I imagine it would be one of those things where Gun would have to bite the bullet and pick one or the other. I think Curse of Michael Myers would be an exception since it was in association with Anchor Bay while still being made by Dimension. So basically, we could either have a game where we can play as the first six versions of Michael Myers, or one where we could play as the Michael from H20, Resurrection, both Zombieweens, and likely Blumhouse. Personally, I would be fine if it was the latter because you could compensate for classic Michael by having a clean skin for the Zombieween since a clean version of the mask exists in that movie and was also used in very early promotional art before they went with the scarred version

I would see it going one of two ways:

Using Anchor Bay License-

H1-

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife

. Alternate Skin- Bob disguise

H2-

. Weapon- Scalpel, Hammer

. Alternate Skins- Blood Tears

H4-

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife; Metal Pipe

. Alternate Skins- Bandaged

H5-

. Weapon- Scythe; Pitchfork

. Alternate Skins- Car Disguise

H6-

. Weapon- Machete

Dimension Films License

H20-

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife

. Alternate Skins- CGI Mask, H6 Mask

H8-

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife

. Alternate Skins- Burned

RZH1

. Weapon- Kitchen Knife; 2x4

. Alternate Skins- Clean, Escape

RZH2

. Weapon- Bowie Knife

. Alternate Skins- Exposed (Hobo Myers, half mask)

I feel like Blumhouse Myers would be in a weird spot where they could use it with either scenario. I'd say he'd just have a regular knife or maybe even a hammer. I'd imagine weapon swapping would be a thing from the get go. Another thought I had was since Michael from the neck down is practically identical in every movie, you could probably just make Michael's customization options more unique and like a Tony Hawk or Rockstar type customization (within reason) and just have it so Michael has pairs of clothes he can choose from, and you can pick a mask to go with it.

Kinda like this-

Outfits-

Black Coveralls

Spruce Green Coveralls

Dark Brown Coveralls

Escape Outfit

Hospital Gown

Masks-

H1

H2

H2 (blood tears)

Ben Tramer

H4

Bandages

H5

H5 (disguise)

H6

H20

H20 (CGI variant)

H8

H8 (burned)

RZH1

RZH1 (clean)

Escape mask

RZH2

RZH2 (damaged mask with exposed face)

Blumhouse

Blumhouse (battle damaged)

Scars/Damage (can turn on or off or mix and match)

Blindness (one eye is blinded from coat hanger)

Neck scar

3rd degree burns (from hospital fire, would be on hands and neck

bullet holes

missing fingers (from Laurie's shotgun wound)

skull damage (from the bullet at the end of RZH1

Cosmetics:

Short Hair (from H1 unmasking)

Aged/Buzzed (buzzed grey hair from Blumhouse movie)

Medium Hair (from H5 unmasking)

Long Hair (from RZH1)

Manged Hair- long hair, but more curly and unkempt from RZH2

Bald - a lot of people wouldn't like this but it would make sense if you wanted to role play as a Michael that maintained his burn damage from the hospital explosion

Clean Shaven

Beard

Head-

Head 1- Tony Moran

Head 2- Don Shanks

Head 3- Tyler Mane

Head 4- James Courtney

It would be controversial to some, but I think having the possibility to play as an unmasked Michael would be cool.

I mean the rights issue for Michael is dissapointing, but at least the whole franchise isn’t in a lawsuit like Friday the 13th. I would most likely choose Michael from the first 5/6 movies over the rights for the others as the original Myers is simply the best 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I mean the rights issue for Michael is dissapointing, but at least the whole franchise isn’t in a lawsuit like Friday the 13th. I would most likely choose Michael from the first 5/6 movies over the rights for the others as the original Myers is simply the best 

Agreed!! Give me my Castle/ Warlock/ Wilber / Shanks and Courtney versions and I will be happy as Hell!!

• Like 1

I imagine and assume since GunMedia team has all ready felt what its like to work with a Big National Release game.

If GunMedia team Does Halloween i imagine it will be A HUGE GAME because Halloween has a Bigger HUGE audience and fanbase that is WAY Bigger than Friday the 13th .

If GunMedia team Does Halloween i imagine it will be as Big As SKYRIM with A bigger budget ,story mode with Difficulty settings on quick Play and story campaign Mode.

I want to see Jack o lanterns on old 1970s house porches.

I want Hooded Black Robed Druids In Cornfeilds doing Rituals to The Dead And Samhain.

A Special Michael Myers skin Designed By Rob Zombie and John Carpenter.

Both Dr Loomis charachters. 

A Complete Haddonfeild Huge Memorial Hospital Map For Halloween  2 Map .

Somehow fit in the Posessed masks and Halloween 3 Map. 

Im telling you this Game Will be Huge if GunMedia team Does it Right.

If Friday the 13th can fit in Roy Burns then Why Couldn't there be A Halloween 3 Map with Druids In Black magick and posessed masks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I imagine and assume since GunMedia team has all ready felt what its like to work with a Big National Release game.

If GunMedia team Does Halloween i imagine it will be A HUGE GAME because Halloween has a Bigger HUGE audience and fanbase that is WAY Bigger than Friday the 13th .

If GunMedia team Does Halloween i imagine it will be as Big As SKYRIM with A bigger budget ,story mode with Difficulty settings on quick Play and story campaign Mode.

I want to see Jack o lanterns on old 1970s house porches.

I want Hooded Black Robed Druids In Cornfeilds doing Rituals to The Dead And Samhain.

If Friday the 13th can fit in Roy Burns then Why Couldn't there be A Halloween 3 Map with Druids In Black magick and posessed masks.

This would be amazing, and they could easily have Halloween 3 as a separate game mode 

22 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

If GunMedia team Does Halloween i imagine it will be A HUGE GAME because Halloween has a Bigger HUGE audience and fanbase that is WAY Bigger than Friday the 13th . I honestly don’t believe this is true, I think critics prefer it though.

If GunMedia team Does Halloween i imagine it will be as Big As SKYRIM with A bigger budget ,story mode with Difficulty settings on quick Play and story campaign Mode. I think your enthusiasm is good but we’ll have to wait and see.

I want to see Jack o lanterns on old 1970s house porches. Definitely 

Sometimes you remind me of an old poster, he was fixated on vampires and black magic in these type of games. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but I would like to warn you, that there’s not a lot of support for these things in asymmetrical horror. There are other games that focus on these things if you’re interested. You might want to look up The Blackout Club, it has a weird cult and mystery. 

5 minutes ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

This would be amazing, and they could easily have Halloween 3 as a separate game mode 

I agree a separate mode would be a good way to do it. It would be a good place to include all the weird mythology, keeping the QP clean and streamlined.

• Like 1

Wes recently tweeted another gif stating that after a follow up meeting last night there is potential growing even stronger....maybe a Halloween game really is happening AHHHH 

• Like 1