Dragonfire82877

Halloween Game by Gun?

I would prefer any company over gun after seeing how they handled this game.

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

If a kickstarter for Halloween game dropped tomorrow, everyone on here would be backing it, even if pissed at how F13 has gone. Thats just how much potential exists with F13. Its a great game, frustrations with bugs and all. Id be all in on Halloween too. Just saying.. Lets do this Gun! (lets leave the bugs out of this one though, kindly please and thank you 😁)

Damn right !!!

I Will day one back the living shit out of another Horror franchise game!!

even more so because it’s Halloween and Michael Fucking Myers !!

These games were only something we used to day dream about I will definitely help fund getting it off the ground!!

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Damn right !!!

I Will day one back the living shit out another Horror franchise game, especially when it comes to Halloween!!

I’d be with you on this. I missed out backing F13, but I’m in a position I would be able to back this one, and really would love to see it happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I’d be with you on this. I missed out backing F13, but I’m in a position I would be able to back this one, and really would love to see it happen. 

Exactly!! These types of games were something that we only Day dreamed about..... now a reality and a good one to boot!

I wouldn’t let a few bugs/  poor business dealings.....sour all the enjoyment I got and continue to get from F13 stop me!

I would support them day one on a kickstarter !

A Halloween game, with Michael Myers where I don’t have to hang them on  hooks...I am in...America !!Fuck yeah!!

• Like 1

Currently, the strongest evidence that Gun is making or looking to make a Halloween game is that not only has nobody denied the rumours, but Wes Keltner has referenced the rumours non-dismissively without actually explicitly naming the rumours. That's not evidence, but it is the sort of behaviour I'd expect from someone who is working on something but cannot yet announce or comment on it.

That said, I'm not sure what Gun would have to offer the rights holders this time. With Friday the 13th, as far as I am aware they were already working on Summer Camp with Illfonic and then Cunningham and Horror, Inc chose them because they already had a game half made which could be converted into a Friday the 13th game. What would Gun have to offer Blumhouse or whoever would own the rights to Halloween? They're a publisher, not a developer. It would seem to me that the rights holders would be better off just going to a major publisher who has their own development teams to spare. Unless of course Gun have been secretly working on Not Halloween: The Game with their F13 money and are looking to convert it again.

30 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They're a publisher, not a developer.

I’m assuming they are offering to make a game, a lot goes into that and development can be incredibly hard if your not following a preexisting plan. Using the current asymmetrical model would be fine but wouldn’t produce a Halloween game, just a generic game with Halloween marketing. The fact that Gun. has done Friday means they have already gone through the process once and any product can be more refined. 

A Halloween game needs to be more involved than asymmetrical horror has been up until this point. Michael is a Stalker, both Dbd and Last Year play in a much more frantic way than a Halloween game should, Michael needs to observe and then kill in efficient ways. The players who aren’t Michael will need to be more than just Counselors, Survivors or Victims. Yeah I might be wrong but I think that to make the game work you’ll need more than 3 or 4 generic Babysitters, although they will probably be a big part of the survivor side.

In my mind it will probably need to have a population of bots to make it more interesting and to make it feel like a lived in world. Escape can’t be the primary objective for the Babysitters/Other PC’s. If it is then we’re just back to doing the last reel of the movie. I think that a Gun. could plan this out much more effectively if they’re working with Blumhouse and Blumhouse would benefit from Guns. experience.

As for Michael’s objective, maybe it’s to only kill the other players, or maybe it’s to only kill a player after killing two bots or to kill in a specific order. There’s a lot of potential I can see from having a publishing partner, just knowing what will and won’t work at this time with current hardware is a big help. Add story and any innovation that Gun. may have in store, it seems like better than starting from scratch. 

I do get what you’re saying but a good publisher will care about the details and not just give us more of the same. 

• Like 1

If Gun is working on such a project like a Halloween game, I hope they are not working with Illfonic again. I love F13 but Illfonic could not put out a decent patch that fixed the game but just made the game worse with new bugs with each patch. They maybe have learned from their mistakes but I think I can still not trust them with another game like F13.  

I seen an interview recently with Ryan Turek where he says he wants to Reboot the Friday the 13th movies after the Miller vs Cunningham suit.

Maybe Ryan Turek is a big fan of the Friday the 13th the Game .

Id Say that Ryan Turek is Wes Keltners connection to John Carpenter and Malek Akkad .

I'd be SO down! I do wonder how they'd counter him not being able to run though assuming the victims would be able to run and whatnot? 

44 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

I'd be SO down! I do wonder how they'd counter him not being able to run though assuming the victims would be able to run and whatnot? 

Thats Simple the Morph Ability should be used On Michael Myers because the story of Halloween Michael Myers is a supernatural evil being a supernatural evil force drives him .

6 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

I think any proper multiplayer Halloween game would take place mostly indoors. You wouldn't be crossing massive amounts of ground and there would be a lot of narrow chokepoints.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I think any proper multiplayer Halloween game would take place mostly indoors. You wouldn't be crossing massive amounts of ground and there would be a lot of narrow chokepoints.

I think if they do make this game the Haddonfield hospital should all be indoors but I think for a Haddonfield neighbourhood such as lampkin lane there should be a lot of places outside to hide and be chased 

Just now, IcrazyKid855 said:

I think if they do make this game the Haddonfield hospital should all be indoors but I think for a Haddonfield neighbourhood such as lampkin lane there should be a lot of places outside to hide and be chased 

The possibilities are endless. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.. 😁

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The possibilities are endless. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.. 😁

Not gonna lie I must of looked mentally disturbed with how I acted when I heard about this lmao

I wouldn’t mind Laurie being a hero in this game but I would prefer to have Dr. Loomis as the hero simply because I would love to play as Laurie whenever I like 

4 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I wouldn’t mind Laurie being a hero in this game but I would prefer to have Dr. Loomis as the hero simply because I would love to play as Laurie whenever I like 

If and when such a game came about, I'd like to think you could play as Laurie and Loomis.

@Strigoi I was referring to my own post. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions 😀 I love all Zombies movies and agree that his take on Mikey should be included in a potential game. I don't think gun can afford another watered down version of a beloved horror franchise. K ya dead f***? J/K 😋

14 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

@Strigoi I was referring to my own post. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions 😀 I love all Zombies movies and agree that his take on Mikey should be included in a potential game. I don't think gun can afford another watered down version of a beloved horror franchise. K ya dead f***? J/K 😋

Well if i misqquoted you and didn't understand i apologize .

I've  been digging and reading online and i really belive that Wes Keltner is Friends with Ryan Turek and this has opened the door for Malek Akkad and Halloween .

6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I've  been digging and reading online and i really belive that Wes Keltner is Friends with Ryan Turek and this has opened the door for Malek Akkad and Halloween .

Sadly I don’t think there is a game being planned at the moment as wes tweeted about “some thing with the stuff being done” so I tweeted back saying “what stuff” with a winking emoji and a pumpkin emoji and Matt shotcha the lead developer at gun replied and said “you wish” so maybe that’s them saying they aren’t working on one right now :(

7 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Stuff being done? I have not seen this tweet.

Oh I read it wrong it says “that thing with the stuff..we bout done” 

On 1/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, Strigoi said:

I hope your right.

Tips for making a Halloween game

( I know armchair game development is frowned upon here but what the hell do I know, I've just been playing games and watching horror movies since I can remember.)

No f***ing healing

No timer. Michael wins by killing all victims (not including cops) and exiting the map

Dead players respawn as cops or vigilantes

Victims are in first person, Michael third

Michael must be able to change weapons on the fly

Michael can wear disguses?

Michael can drive

Big maps that are filled with npc characters, even ben tramer

The game starts without the victims running for their lives but rather just going about their lives - that means minigames

Take your time to make a complete and finished product

I hope your right.

( I know armchair game development is frowned upon here but what the hell do I know, I've just been playing games and watching horror movies since I can remember.)

No f***ing healing

No timer. Michael wins by killing all victims (not including cops) and exiting the map

Michael can drive

The game starts without the victims running for their lives but rather just going about their lives - that means minigames

I hope your right.

No f***ing healing

Michael can drive