Dragonfire82877

Halloween Game by Gun?

Sorry just got here, what’s going on?

edit - Ok, watching it now. Very interesting!

edit 2 - I’m left a little disappointed that it is a pipe dream at this point, there’s a lot of what if’s in that video. Overall I think it would be an excellent way for Gun. to continue this as a series of horror tributes. Success of a Halloween title could lead to a Nightmare title, if the Halloween title is as good as Friday, minus the bugs that are hurting it currently. A triple A budget would go a long way.

At this point I’m going to wait and see, it isn’t that I don’t believe in Gun. or that I don’t think they deserve another shot, they do. It’s just, to be honest here, it feels like an admission that working with Horror inc. is just too hard. The people at Blumhouse get it, they do better marketing then actual production and video games are marketing for growing and maintaining a fan base. Blumhouse does turn out some good movies, so it feels like a good match.

Gun. can give them a decent ‘in’, into game making, so from a business perspective it makes sense. I want to hear the actual pitch, it cannot be a rehash, and without knowing more we can’t help them. I wish them the best of luck. While I’d rather, Horror inc. let them finish this game....

(Going to humble brag for a second, apologies. In the last year, I’ve essentially written everything you need for a sequel and explained how to include a story. I’m not pleased I’ll never see my ideas in the game, but I hope other games keep stealing (/s) them. Lol.)

Ok, done bitching about the past. Ideas are wasted if not shared. Halloween could be a great title, it doesn’t offer the story possibilities of Friday but it could be much more intense. I’d like to contribute if they are making it, I have ideas already about how to rework the fighting back mechanics for a Halloween game. 

Thanks for posting this @Dragonfire82877, it offers hope that this genre can get some respect and grow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I definitely want this to happen just hope they include a true storymode  element to the game.... if it does happen not just a multiplayer aspect.....

but not going to lie it would be awesome to see Michael stalking through Haddonfield Memorial, the quiet streets of Haddonfield and Smiths grove Sanitarium...... 😜

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

lol, why the confused reaction?

Looks like I joined the confused club, lol. Someone has hurt feels about something.

This would be awesome if they were to make this game happen. As long as Gun doesn't work with Illfonic again and has a bigger and better development team that can get the job done and patch bugs more frequently and can push out more content updates. Damn wouldn't that be something if a Halloween game was revealed at E3 2019? One can only dream. 

• Like 1

If GunMedia creates A Halloween game i want Rob zombie involved .

I want a Rob zombie Myers skin and music sounds creepy twist to the game music sounds by Rob zombie .

14 hours ago, Strigoi said:

If GunMedia creates A Halloween game i want Rob zombie involved .

I want a Rob zombie Myers skin and music sounds creepy twist to the game music sounds by Rob zombie .

Rob zombie is very talented in the music world, but in my opinion...

I want that Guy as far away as possible from anything Halloween related ...... his remake and sequel are right there with Halloween resurrection with the lowest points of the series......

there are plenty of talented people who could capture the trailer park trash look and music of Robs vision of Halloween.... I wouldn’t care if they included those skins but his feedback is definitely not welcomed when It comes to the Halloween series...at least from this Halloween fan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Rob zombie is very talented in the music world, but in my opinion...

I want that Guy as far away as possible from anything Halloween related ...... his remake and sequel are right there with Halloween resurrection with the lowest points of the series......

there are plenty of talented people who could capture the trailer park trash look and music of Robs vision of Halloween.... I wouldn’t care if they included those skins but his feedback is definitely not welcomed when It comes to the Halloween series...at least from this Halloween fan.

Im shocked that you feel that way.

Rob zombie is a great Director and i enjoyed his twist on Halloween .

If GunMedia creates A Halloween game they will have to include the Rob Zombie Myers Halloween  because its part of Halloween  history  and lots of fans love The Zombie Myers Halloween .

It Would be great to include Rob zombie for the games soundtrack and a special  Michael Myers Halloween  skin.

Plus Having Rob zombie involved would promote the game greatly .

It Certainly Wouldn't Hurt a Video game to have Rob zombie involved  because he Wouldn't be designing it.

Maybe after Rob zombie releases His Movie 3 From Hell this Summer the older generation Of Halloween fans will change their Mind About Rob zombie .

Rob zombie is a great Monster Movie artist.

What Rob zombie did with Halloween reminds me of Friday the 13th part 6 when Jason got turned into a Universal Monster style.

I tend to agree somewhat with @OCT 31 1978 about keeping Rob Zombie away, for the most part. I think “if” a game is being made, it should include (or have available through DLC) the Rob Zombie created Michael outfits as well as Zombie inspired maps. I would want the core of the game however to be built around Carpenter’s Halloween vision. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Please erase post

Come on guys im new here .

Just because your veterans of the forum doesn't mean you can insult the new people.

Im a Rob zombie fan and i should still be respected.

Im the new guy but my opinion should still matter as much as yours.

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I tend to agree somewhat with @OCT 31 1978 about keeping Rob Zombie away, for the most part. I think “if” a game is being made, it should include (or have available through DLC) the Rob Zombie created Michael outfits as well as Zombie inspired maps. I would want the core of the game however to be built around Carpenter’s Halloween vision. 

I Agree That if A Halloween game is Made by GunMedia that for the most part it should stay True to the original 1978 John Carpenter story and maps.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Im shocked that you feel that way.

Rob zombie is a great Director and i enjoyed his twist on Halloween .

If GunMedia creates A Halloween game they will have to include the Rob Zombie Myers Halloween  because its part of Halloween  history  and lots of fans love The Zombie Myers Halloween .

It Would be great to include Rob zombie for the games soundtrack and a special  Michael Myers Halloween  skin.

Plus Having Rob zombie involved would promote the game greatly .

It Certainly Wouldn't Hurt a Video game to have Rob zombie involved  because he Wouldn't be designing it.

Maybe after Rob zombie releases His Movie 3 From Hell this Summer the older generation Of Halloween fans will change their Mind About Rob zombie .

Rob zombie is a great Monster Movie artist.

What Rob zombie did with Halloween reminds me of Friday the 13th part 6 when Jason got turned into a Universal Monster style.

Hey buddy don’t take others opinions to heart....

also welcome to the forums and please stick around we value everyone’s suggestions and opinions just remember everyone has different degrees of what they like and don’t.

I did enjoy devils rejects and house of 1000 corpses...Zombies has proved he is very talented.....that said....I just feel he was the wrong person to be doing a remake/ reimagining of Halloween. My opinion.

you are more then welcome to your  opinions and if you enjoy Zombies Halloween films that’s great.

I thought they were utterly trash.... I couldn’t stand the backstory/ explanation of Michaels snapping/ the writing for the characters regardless of his own spin on them....and shear unnecessary vulgar language used throughout.

Agree to disagree....

and Friday the 13th part 6 is my favorite film in the Friday series! I love the story and characters and Jasons unstoppable nature in the film......but I don’t see any Correlation to what Zombie did with Halloween....Zombie attempts to humanize Myers through out the 2 films making him a large monster of a Human being to make the things Myers does in the film more believable separating any supernatural aspects of the character and focusing  on mental illness for Michael and his family...

but I will point out that Tyler Bates  did the score on Zombies films and it wouldn’t actually be Necessary to bring Zombie on board to replicate that mood/ music  or setting if developers of a Halloween game wanted to add those films skins and themes.

and I also agree with @Dragonfire82877 and you that any Halloween game should be based on Carpenters original.

It also doesn’t need Zombie to help promote it Michael Myers is the main attraction and should be the main focus.... I am not saying they shouldn’t add those skins and settings just that shouldn’t be the main focus of the game and should be more of an add on feature.

10 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Hey buddy don’t take others opinions to heart....

also welcome to the forums and please stick around we value everyone’s suggestions and opinions just remember everyone has different degrees of what they like and don’t.

I did enjoy devils rejects and house of 1000 corpses...Zombies has proved he is very talented.....that said....I just feel he was the wrong person to be doing a remake/ reimagining of Halloween. My opinion.

you are more then welcome to your  opinions and if you enjoy Zombies Halloween films that’s great.

I thought they were utterly trash.... I couldn’t stand the backstory/ explanation of Michaels snapping/ the writing for the characters regardless of his own spin on them....and shear unnecessary vulgar language used throughout.

Agree to disagree....

and Friday the 13th part 6 is my favorite film in the Friday series! I love the story and characters and Jasons unstoppable nature in the film......but I don’t see any Correlation to what Zombie did with Halloween....Zombie attempts to humanize Myers through out the 2 films making him a large monster of a Human being to make the things Myers does in the film more believable separating any supernatural aspects of the character and focusing  on mental illness for Michael and his family...

but I will point out that Tyler Bates  did the score on Zombies films and it wouldn’t actually be Necessary to bring Zombie on board to replicate that mood/ music  or setting if developers of a Halloween game wanted to add those films skins and themes.

and I also agree with @Dragonfire82877 that any Halloween game should be based on Carpenters original and also doesn’t need Zombie to help promote it Michael Myers is the main attraction and should be the main focus.... I am not saying they shouldn’t add those skins and settings just that shouldn’t be the main focus of the game and should be more of an add on feature.

I agree that Humanizing Michael Myers is In Rob zombies movie was wrong.

Because we know From Dr Loomis that there is a Strange Evil Supernatural Force that drives Michael Myers .

Id like to see The Celtic Occult Backstory of Samhain and The Lord of the Dead Explained further in the Game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I agree that Humanizing Michael Myers is In Rob zombies movie was wrong.

Because we know From Dr Loomis that there is a Strange Evil Supernatural Force that drives Michael Myers .

Id like to see The Celtic Occult Backstory of Samhain and The Lord of the Dead Explained further in the Game.

Definitely agree with you !!!

The Celtic background and  Samhain Lord of the Dead statements Loomis makes in Halloween 2 1981 are something that I really want to see more of !!

have you ever read the original Curtis Richards Halloween novel?..... it has some very cool and original sub-plot / background story that fits in nicely with the Celtic / Samhain ideas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Definitely agree with you !!!

The Celtic background and  Samhain Lord of the Dead statements Loomis makes in Halloween 2 1981 are something that I really want to see more of !!

have you ever read the original Curtis Richards Halloween novel?..... it has some very cool and original sup plot / background story that fits in nicely with the Celtic / Samhain ideas.

No I've never read The Curtis Richards original novel but it sounds Bad ass.

Im going to look up the Curtis Richards Halloween Novel on Amazon and Ebay im going to read it.

I love to read occult stories,Hauntings etc also the Curtis Richards Halloween novel could give me some references and ideas for The Forums thanks for sharing this info.

15 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Im going to look up the Curtis Richards Halloween Novel on Amazon and Ebay im going to read it.

I love to read occult stories,Hauntings etc also the Curtis Richards Halloween novel could give me some references and ideas for The Forums thanks for sharing this info.

No problem there are several chapters from Michaels point of view that are incredible interesting.

And I believe 2 chapters at smiths grove when Michael is younger before his escape also where he acts out when picked on.....causing horrible “tricks” to happen to orderlies and other patients..very cool stuff...

the problem is the novels being out of print and finding them for less than 150 bucks is quite tricky.

happy hunting! Good luck !

Edit - @Strigoi

the Curtis Richards novel is also on YouTube to listen to if that helps if you can’t find a physical copy of the novel.

people also sell a pdf file of it but I haven’t found one that I trust enough to order my copy has gotten quite beat up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Welcome to Camp ‘little blood drinker’. (Unless your the kind of Strigoi who leads people to treasure and is a ghost not a vampire.)

Glad you worked through your issue with the other members not being as excited as you for Rob’s involvement. I hope you stick around and do contribute more ideas, just please remember we all have our own opinions too and sometimes they’re not going to line up. You remind me of someone who used to frequent the forums and I’d like to give you a little advice if I can, Don’t take it personally. Instead of feeling attacked, ask for their opinion, you’re bound to enjoy the forum more if you do this. I hope this helps you have good interactions in the future. Sorry to go all teacher mode on you but this advice might help others who are struggling too.

Personally I’d like to see them attempt a story that flushes out the lore but don’t see it as likely. If Gun. is doing a Halloween game I think it will be based off only the first movie and the most recent movie. I think all the others will be tributes ie. thing like a hospital map, not plot or series expansion. I think this because if they do it via Blumhouse, then they’re only working from their movie and the original. This means that all the cult and thorn stuff will likely end up as weird little Easter eggs. There’s a lot of potential in the idea of a Halloween game.

PS. Your lucky that the members in that other thread have moved on, this welcome was stellar compared to mine. 😉 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Welcome to Camp ‘little blood drinker’. (Unless your the kind of Strigoi who leads people to treasure and is a ghost not a vampire.)

Glad you worked through your issue with the other members not being as excited as you for Rob’s involvement. I hope you stick around and do contribute more ideas, just please remember we all have our own opinions too and sometimes they’re not going to line up. You remind me of someone who used to frequent the forums and I’d like to give you a little advice if I can, Don’t take it personally. Instead of feeling attacked, ask for their opinion, you’re bound to enjoy the forum more if you do this. I hope this helps you have good interactions in the future. Sorry to go all teacher mode on you but this advice might help others who are struggling too.

Personally I’d like to see them attempt a story that flushes out the lore but don’t see it as likely. If Gun. is doing a Halloween game I think it will be based off only the first movie and the most recent movie. I think all the others will be tributes ie. thing like a hospital map, not plot or series expansion. I think this because if they do it via Blumhouse, then they’re only working from their movie and the original. This means that all the cult and thorn stuff will likely end up as weird little Easter eggs. There’s a lot of potential in the idea of a Halloween game.

PS. Your lucky that the members in that other thread have moved on, this welcome was stellar compared to mine. 😉 

Thanks for the advice and welcome i will definitely keep what you said in mind. 

• Like 1

I doubt this is actually happening, but I'd be on board if it actually is happening. Whatever problems Friday the 13th may have (I don't even play it anymore, outside of logging in once every few months to play a few matches before going back to Dead by Daylight) I did have a lot of fun with the game and Steam says I have over 670 hours played. I definitely got my money's worth and I'd be open to another game in a similar vein. Until then, there's always Myers in DbD. They did a pretty good job of implementing him into the game all things considered.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:15 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Anyone see this? What’s everyone’s thoughts? Personally, I think they would do a great job.

With this news, I'm on the fence at this point. I would be more than happy if such a game was made. As far as who makes it, I want them to bring their A-game when they eventually do.

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I'll put my money on the kind that leads people to treasure.  I found $20 in the couch after reading this thread. 😎

You sound like a mentor with this post. I highly approve.

I hope if such a game is in the works, we get single player from day one, alongside multiplayer.

You have the makings of a moderator.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I doubt this is actually happening, but I'd be on board if it actually is happening. Whatever problems Friday the 13th may have (I don't even play it anymore, outside of logging in once every few months to play a few matches before going back to Dead by Daylight) I did have a lot of fun with the game and Steam says I have over 670 hours played. I definitely got my money's worth and I'd be open to another game in a similar vein. Until then, there's always Myers in DbD. They did a pretty good job of implementing him into the game all things considered.

I'm waiting for the announcement of a Nightmare on Elm Street game down the road .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I'm waiting for the announcement of a Nightmare on Elm Street game down the road .

Elm Street isn't currently relevant, so it's a lot less likely. The last movie was a good 9 years ago or so and while I hear they want to make a sequel it clearly isn't getting off the ground anytime soon. If they can't get a movie off the ground, they won't branch off into games. At least with Friday they started the game before the lawsuit crap heated up, and the last movie had come out only a few years prior. Halloween is in a good spot to have a game since it just had a new movie and they're making another one.

Who here thinks Michael Myers will be included in Mortal Kombat 11? I think him and Pennywise have a chance of being in the game.