Since it’s a slow time on the forums,I think I’ll start one of these up.

Which Jason has the best theme/nearby music?(As in the music that plays when he’s near you.)

i prefer Part 9’s or Retro Jasons electronic sounding one,but let my know yours.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

For me it’s part 8 and Retro. Good topic by the way. 

Why thank you sir;based off your gameplay and your profile pic,do you like everything involving part 8?

1 hour ago, ProPlaya10 said:

Why thank you sir;based off your gameplay and your profile pic,do you like everything involving part 8?

Game wise and look yes. The movie, not so much. It definitely wasn't one of the best in the series. 

Savini Jason's music is my favorite. It sounds very menacing :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Savini Jason's music is my favorite. It sounds very menacing :)

Yes, I fully agree, it’s the only music that makes me panic, 😆

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yes, I fully agree, it’s the only music that makes me panic, 😆

It's both a shame and quite glorious at the same time. It's a shame I don't get to hear it that often because I can't hear it when I'm playing SJ, and there aren't that many around anymore (besides the odd eBay Jasons, which are easy to spot because their achievement dates don't back up the dates for owning him), and also somewhat glorious because it's rare and when it does come on, it retains its spooky qualities more-so than songs I've heard a lot before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

It's both a shame and quite glorious at the same time. It's a shame I don't get to hear it that often because I can't hear it when I'm playing SJ, and there aren't that many around anymore (besides the odd eBay Jasons, which are easy to spot because their achievement dates don't back up the dates for owning him), and also somewhat glorious because it's rare and when it does come on, it retains its spooky qualities more-so than songs I've heard a lot before.

I think that’s why it still makes me jump, even knowing he’s the killer from the cut scene, I still feel unprepared when he Morphs in out of the blue and the music hits. 

Man, I wish I could hear it while playing him, that would be awesome.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't really have a favorite theme because I think they're all good in their own way. I like that they used the actual movie soundtracks for Jasons part 2, 3, 4, and Roy from part 5. I wish they could have gotten the rest of the Jasons their movie themes as well, but their themes are still good. Besides those however, my favorites are probably part 8, part 9, Savini Jason, and NES Jason's themes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JasonLives86 said:

To be honest, I don't really have a favorite theme because I think they're all good in their own way. I like that they used the actual movie soundtracks for Jasons part 2, 3, 4, and Roy from part 5. I wish they could have gotten the rest of the Jasons their movie themes as well, but their themes are still good. Besides those however, my favorites are probably part 8, part 9, Savini Jason, and NES Jason's themes.

Sound design is definitely A+ in terms of the music overall, and there’s definitely something joyous about hearing Retro’s music playing.

I really love Roy's music. It's just so full of tension and this sense that there's no escape. He's just going to keep coming after you.

Definitely Savini.

Part 8 is a close second.

Barney Jason is the worst. 

I'm a big fan of pt 5. I also agree that you should hear that jason's music when chasing someone.

• Like 1

@Slasher_Clone or @Kodiak, one of you care to share a gameplay clip of you as Savini so I can hear what the music sounds like as him? I’ve heard Savini’s chase music from a counselor’s perspective, but not from Savini’s.  

I guess I'm weird. I've never paid attention to the chase themes. I know the retro and Savini one are different. But never noticed the others were.

As an aside I personally hate the Savini theme. The high pitched tones are just grating to me.

Wow thanks for all the answers guys!Unfortunately I don’t have Savini,but when I’ve seen them the music is scary as hell.

Also:It only gave me a notification for one reply.Why?

13 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Slasher_Clone or @Kodiak, one of you care to share a gameplay clip of you as Savini so I can hear what the music sounds like as him? I’ve heard Savini’s chase music from a counselor’s perspective, but not from Savini’s.  

You can’t hear it at all, I wish I could but nothing comes through my headset or t.v.

Savini is my favourite. It's so discordant and frantic, so is great for putting counsellors on edge.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Sure, here: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/capt-crackbeard/video/67065555

Same as all other Jasons :)

Thanks @Kodiak. Kind of a let down though, I figured they would have gave him his own chase music. Thanks again for sharing though! 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You can’t hear it at all, I wish I could but nothing comes through my headset or t.v.

That’s odd. Are you able to hear the music when you’re any other Jason?

@mattshotcha

seems like a lot of the player base would love to hear all the different Jasons chase themes as they play Jason instead of the same theme every time......

is that something maybe the developers could add into the game as a option to toggle on or off .....

Jason theme chase music on / off toggle could work like this ...

if set on off you get the regular chase theme that plays as Jason now if set on you get to hear the Jason specific themed chase music that counselors hear when Jason is chasing them.

45 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Thanks @Kodiak. Kind of a let down though, I figured they would have gave him his own chase music. Thanks again for sharing though! 

That’s odd. Are you able to hear the music when you’re any other Jason?

I’ll check tomorrow, it might just be me hyper focusing when in chase and I’m tuning it out. I think you only hear chase music, not the Savini’s.