12 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Trapping the outside door of the jarvis house basement when i have cornered a counselor in there. They have no choice but to trip it or they run blindly into after stunning me when i have gone in there.

Those are my favorites. They try to play the stunny-stunny game, thinking they're badasses, and then they run right into the trap you left for them and are easy pickings. It's like seeing some super smart kid spell "cat" K-A-T at the national spelling bee.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:45 AM, SirMang said:

Any trap you place not at an objective is a trap wasted and a free pass for people to escape.

This typically holds true, unless you are dealing with a kill squad.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:03 AM, JasonLives86 said:

My thoughts exactly. I've never understood why anyone would lay a trap under windows for instance, knowing they may not even go out that window, and now you don't have enough traps left for the objectives.

If you play with the same people in QP match after match, you get a sense of their habits, and therefore, their vulnerabilities. If I notice players using the exact same playbook every match on the same map, I know where to place traps to get them. It's always funny when someone falls for a window trap, and gets upset because you outsmarted them.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:38 PM, SirMang said:

Oh, and in spirit of the thread, as a counselor, I learned this fun one from someone I've been playing with lately.

On Packanack on that house with stilts near the main cabin.  I'll go around the map and just collect traps and take them back to that cabin.  I've placed two traps on the porch and three inside and watched Jason walk through 4 of them before getting inside just to watch me hop out the window and run into the lodge. I saw someone try a similar approach once. Jason had a trap placed at that window, and managed to catch them with it.

Another fun one on Packanack is to trap the far right bedroom and go hide behind the dresser.  Watch a Jason come in, take the trap, watch him take out the closet hiding spot and just leave.  After he leaves reset the trap and go back behind the dresser and wait for him to come back.  Sounds like a gullible Jason.

Surprisingly enough there's still plenty of players who don't know that hiding spot.  They know now...

Another fun one, as a counselor, is morph trapping Jason.  I'm not sure if it works anymore as I haven't done it lately but placing a trap near the lifeguard tower on Crystal by the car spawn used to always get good laughs.

6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

So satisfying to get them when they don’t expect it, I love how defeated they sound when the trap goes ‘ker’chunk’.

That's the main joy you can get as Jason these days.

All in all, this is a rather fun discussion. There's more fun in being creative within the boundaries of this game, rather than doing everything by a hypothetical textbook every single time.

1 minute ago, Bonker2468 said:

Those are my favorites. They try to play the stunny-stunny game, thinking they're badasses, and then they run right into the trap you left for them and are easy pickings. It's like seeing some super smart kid spell "cat" K-A-T at the national spelling bee.

If it's the Mortal Kombat spelling bell, then K-A-T is "korrect". 😎

Packanack stair traps claim another one.

Last night I was Roy and got the call from Mother that someone was in the shack. Tommy slipped past me and sweater girl stunned me, but I peppered them with knives all the way back to the lodge and used up a couple of their sprays and a PK. When we got there, they were joined by three other counselors and I thought, "Oh shit, here we go" as they started trying to beat me up.
They got a few licks in and so did I, but Roy's mask was thankfully glued to his face. They were mic'd up but pretty uncoordinated and after a minute they started to panic and head for the lodge. I'd placed two traps at the base of the steps earlier, like I always do, and somehow nobody ever saw them or tripped them even though every single counselor left alive was on the scene and we were a good 10 minutes into the match.
The traps caught two of them, including Tommy, with one of them even angrily saying, "Who left a trap on the stairs!?" That was pretty satisfying.
The trap got Tommy limping, and by this time my mask had been knocked off. I followed them all inside and finished Tommy off with two slashes literally two seconds before they hit the sweater. So, even though it wasn't protecting an objective, trapping the stairs definitely helped me thwart a kill squad. Hardly a waste.

3 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

Packanack stair traps claim another one.

Last night I was Roy and got the call from Mother that someone was in the shack. Tommy slipped past me and sweater girl stunned me, but I peppered them with knives all the way back to the lodge and used up a couple of their sprays and a PK. When we got there, they were joined by three other counselors and I thought, "Oh shit, here we go" as they started trying to beat me up.
They got a few licks in and so did I, but Roy's mask was thankfully glued to his face. They were mic'd up but pretty uncoordinated and after a minute they started to panic and head for the lodge. I'd placed two traps at the base of the steps earlier, like I always do, and somehow nobody ever saw them or tripped them even though every single counselor left alive was on the scene and we were a good 10 minutes into the match.
The traps caught two of them, including Tommy, with one of them even angrily saying, "Who left a trap on the stairs!?" That was pretty satisfying.
The trap got Tommy limping, and by this time my mask had been knocked off. I followed them all inside and finished Tommy off with two slashes literally two seconds before they hit the sweater. So, even though it wasn't protecting an objective, trapping the stairs definitely helped me thwart a kill squad. Hardly a waste.

You got lucky with a bad kill squad. 

Doesn't matter if Tommy is limping or not if the sweater girl would have used the sweater once your mask came off. 

Especially since it came off in front of both her and Tommy. 

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You got lucky with a bad kill squad. 

Doesn't matter if Tommy is limping or not if the sweater girl would have used the sweater once your mask came off. 

Especially since it came off in front of both her and Tommy. 

Good kill squad or bad, though, putting those traps on an objective would not have done me any good. In fact, I think I did trap the phone and one of the cars in addition to the stairs. I was still in a position to be killed until those traps came into play.

And, yes, it was a bad kill squad that made a lot of mistakes. For all but the most elite among us (which I am not; I'd rate myself an A-minus at best) a good, coordinated kill squad means death no matter where you put your traps.

Last night the phone was at the Packanack house, so I trapped the box and both front and back stairs (I can manage the cars if they fix them). There was this user at the lobby bragging all the time about how good he was. He was the first to die. It was so satisfying to hear him screaming at the mic “who the fuck puts a trap here?!”. The second the match ended I could hear he was still having a rant and screaming and talking with one survivor about how bad I was as Jason, but he didn’t get to my nerves and thought “bitch, YOU died!”. I left that lobby because they were so toxic, but God how good it felt to catch that little bastard!

Putting traps in unusual places helps to keep the game interesting. Jason's job is to kill, and if placing traps in out of the way places helps him do that, so be it.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 12:37 PM, Mince said:

I love placing counselor traps on objectives before the Jason gets there. I've gotten many Jasons this way. Once my friend and I were fooling around a bit and placed four traps in front of the car at Packanack. We actually managed to trap Jason a bit by running in circles around them, but he wised up pretty quickly. Otherwise, trapping the fuse and the battery + gas at the car is useful when I have time.

20181002225853_1.jpg

20181002230107_1.jpg

Lmao lollllll

I put them where they wouldn't be expected. Part 2 is weak overall, but the + traps can really be effective if you use effective areas. "can" being the key word if you have a bunch of counselors with out med perks and/or thick skin. It's a gamble sometimes.

12 hours ago, americanalien said:

I put them where they wouldn't be expected. Part 2 is weak overall, but the + traps can really be effective if you use effective areas. "can" being the key word if you have a bunch of counselors with out med perks and/or thick skin. It's a gamble sometimes.

I totally agree with you on the gamble. No risk, no reward.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, americanalien said:

Part 2 DOES have a mean morph regeneration. This makes him a prime objective controller.

On 1/12/2019 at 8:17 AM, americanalien said:

Theres nothing worse than putting traps on the map that nobody steps in only to run out of traps later in the match when you really need them. And this is a luxury unaffordable to most Jason's as they simply don't have enough traps to waste on non objectives. However I have gone against the meta and used a trap to help me spawn kill a counselor or two. The kitchen window at Packanack is my favorite place for a non meta trap.

Part 2 Jason is hardly weak. The object of the game with part 2 is to not let them get a car started so you don't have to try to stop it. That's why he has 7 traps and +morph. He's the best at objective control if you use him right. He doesn't need weapon strength because he can be anywhere at anytime.