Where are some of your favorite places to set traps? Places that aren't obvious, and that have a high success rate for you. Counselor or Jason.

My personal favorite is when using Jason and in front of the steps of the Packanack Lodge near where the car usually is. It never fails.

I want to hear you all suggest ones I never thought to try. 

When you know an important part is in a one-door cabin like one right in front of packanack, so you put a trap there so they're required to step in it or get rid of it.

When you know someone is in a tent or outhouse, place a trap so they are at your leisure.

• Like 2

Placing traps, as Jason, anywhere but objectives is a waste and should never be done.  Tommy power box the only exception, but I consider that almost an objective anyway.

Any trap you place not at an objective is a trap wasted and a free pass for people to escape.

It's bad enough you got people running medic and thick skin who can take two of your traps before spraying when they're on an objective, now you can't even put two on an objective because you're trapping a random stairway or doorway or map stand.  

And why would you ever bother placing a trap in front of a hiding spot?  Just kill them right away. 

• Thanks 2

On Crystal Lake the cabin across from the mini parking lot, if it’s the fuse house, I do a back window.

On Packanack large, the furthest cabin up the main drag, the back door leading to the round about. 

Lots of other places but those are the two that are most successful I think. 

Edit - @SirMang, you do you buddy, no need to spoil the fun this thread could be with blatant negativity. We aren’t discussing the best way to play but fun things to do, so no need to take it so seriously.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SirMang said:

Placing traps, as Jason, anywhere but objectives is a waste and should never be done.  Tommy power box the only exception, but I consider that almost an objective anyway.

Any trap you place not at an objective is a trap wasted and a free pass for people to escape.

It's bad enough you got people running medic and thick skin who can take two of your traps before spraying when they're on an objective, now you can't even put two on an objective because you're trapping a random stairway or doorway or map stand.  

And why would you ever bother placing a trap in front of a hiding spot?  Just kill them right away. 

I agree with this with the sole exception being the Packanack steps when the car/phone are there. I've found it's almost a guaranteed kill when you pop back to the lodge and someone's there with a part and starts running toward the door. You're essentially still trapping an objective, but in a more clever spot. 

7 hours ago, SirMang said:

My thoughts exactly. I've never understood why anyone would lay a trap under windows for instance, knowing they may not even go out that window, and now you don't have enough traps left for the objectives.

14 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I agree with this with the sole exception being the Packanack steps when the car/phone are there. I've found it's almost a guaranteed kill when you pop back to the lodge and someone's there with a part and starts running toward the door. You're essentially still trapping an objective, but in a more clever spot. 

Yeah, i like this. Another spot that has gotten me a bunch is the window closest to fuse box. Ive hoped out that plenty times to go fix and stepped right in it without a spray. 🤬

1 hour ago, JasonLives86 said:

My thoughts exactly. I've never understood why anyone would lay a trap under windows for instance, knowing they may not even go out that window, and now you don't have enough traps left for the objectives.

I've seen people who don't use their traps all match long apparently, and I'll go in one of those small cabins that has 2 windows and the door.  They'll trap each one of them.  I'm running medic, so I'll stun them inside, and go out a window tank one of the traps and just run away. 

@Slasher_Clone it's not blatant negativity.  It's poor gameplay to start trapping random spots of the map. Jason is already at a huge disadvantage and placing traps willy nilly puts you at an even greater disadvantage. 

Sounds like traps need a buff or thick skin/medic need a nerf.

Which should it be?

1. Jason can pick them up and put them down at will at no cost

2. Jason can reset each trap one time each, effectively giving each trap two uses before they break all together

3. Jason can pick them up and put them down at the cost of a knife (though knives would need to be buffed with a refill meter of sorts over time)

Will traps be buffed?

@mattshotcha

To answer the question, if I have more traps. I like to use another trap at one of the phone house windows if applicable. I don't bother trapping the two sweater unless I have 5 traps or more or its Pinehurst/Jarvis.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

It's poor gameplay to start trapping random spots of the map. Jason is already at a huge disadvantage and placing traps willy nilly puts you at an even greater disadvantage. 

Like I said, I have fun with my traps, I don’t place them all over, just strategically to kill nuisance Counselors. I’ve played for so long with three traps on Part 4 that having 5 on Savini, gives me a replacement for a used one and an extra to use for fun. 

Against a hunting party I agree you shouldn’t waste them but if Counselors are dancing in the lodge then have at it. 

@tyrant666, number 2. Although I would let him reset any non-PK’d trap as many times as it takes.

• Like 2

Completely agree with @tyrant666, traps need to be buffed. I think it would be a lot more simple if Jason could simply reuse his traps. However, if a counselor disarms it with a knife, it will make the trap unusable.That to me seems like a pretty balanced solution.

When it comes to trapping other locations, I only do it if I have spare traps left over and I know that the last few counselors won't be able to escape under my eagle eye.

• Like 3

@tyrant666 I agree, since counselors can reset their traps, Jason should be able to reset his as well. 

It would do wonders to help negate the thick skin/medic crowd who just run over a Jason trap when they see it because they won't even be limping from taking one out. 

• Like 1

I love placing counselor traps on objectives before the Jason gets there. I've gotten many Jasons this way. Once my friend and I were fooling around a bit and placed four traps in front of the car at Packanack. We actually managed to trap Jason a bit by running in circles around them, but he wised up pretty quickly. Otherwise, trapping the fuse and the battery + gas at the car is useful when I have time.

20181002225853_1.jpg

20181002230107_1.jpg

• Haha 1

Oh, and in spirit of the thread, as a counselor, I learned this fun one from someone I've been playing with lately.

On Packanack on that house with stilts near the main cabin.  I'll go around the map and just collect traps and take them back to that cabin.  I've placed two traps on the porch and three inside and watched Jason walk through 4 of them before getting inside just to watch me hop out the window and run into the lodge. 

Another fun one on Packanack is to trap the far right bedroom and go hide behind the dresser.  Watch a Jason come in, take the trap, watch him take out the closet hiding spot and just leave.  After he leaves reset the trap and go back behind the dresser and wait for him to come back.  

Surprisingly enough there's still plenty of players who don't know that hiding spot. 

Another fun one, as a counselor, is morph trapping Jason.  I'm not sure if it works anymore as I haven't done it lately but placing a trap near the lifeguard tower on Crystal by the car spawn used to always get good laughs.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Oh, and in spirit of the thread, as a counselor, I learned this fun one from someone I've been playing with lately.

On Packanack on that house with stilts near the main cabin.  I'll go around the map and just collect traps and take them back to that cabin.  I've placed two traps on the porch and three inside and watched Jason walk through 4 of them before getting inside just to watch me hop out the window and run into the lodge. 

As Jason, I love it when counselors try to hide in that cabin. They think they're slick by waiting for me to break down the door, then hopping out and running into the lodge. If I see them in there and have a trap to spare, I'll put one outside the high window before walking around, breaking the lower window and then breaking down the door. They invariably wait for me to get through the door before jumping out, and then they land right in the trap where I can walk or shift around and finish them off.
You can do something similar on the small cabin across the street. People often try a similar tactic there.

Other favorites:
• The back stairs at Packanack
• The door to that cabin on the northern part of Crystal Lake next to where the car always spawns. Whenever there's a battle for the car, counselors often run in there for a break or to look for a weapon. It's a good high traffic area with a controllable entrance/exit (only one door), and once the door is broken down they'll never use the windows.
• The cabin in the middle of Jarvis House, just south of the two main houses. The phone and/or car often spawn there, so it's another high traffic area. I like to trap the objective and then the doors. Sometimes I even leave one of them open to make it look more innocent.
• Toward the end of the match, the door of any one-room cabin that I've cornered a counselor in. I like to keep one trap in reserve, if possible, just for this purpose. Counselors love to trap their side of the door, wait for Jason to break in, and then run around him after he steps in their trap or they've stunned him. In their haste they don't often see the insurance policy I've left on the doorstep.

I understand the logic that you should only trap objectives, but to me that's a little nearsighted. Any trap that's successfully used, especially if it leads to a kill, has been well spent. Deterring objectives is a good use for them, but still only one use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

Another fun one, as a counselor, is morph trapping Jason.  I'm not sure if it works anymore as I haven't done it lately but placing a trap near the lifeguard tower on Crystal by the car spawn used to always get good laughs.  

I’ve done this, to a forum member in private matches, never in QP but there are Jason players who deserve it. Glad you’re contributing to the thread I got a laugh out of your 4 trap story. 

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’ve done this, to a forum member in private matches, never in QP but there are Jason players who deserve it. Glad you’re contributing to the thread I got a laugh out of your 4 trap story. 

There is obviously a counter to that as Jason, but still Jason is taking one trap to even be able to knock down the door to begin with.  He can just shift through the other traps.  But then as a counselor, you have a counter to that jumping out the drop down window and then just loop around to that side window and hop back in.  

Jason is then forced to tank traps to get to you, or stands there waiting for his shift to come back, and when he does either one, you just hop out the window and do it again.  

You're wasting a lot of his time and giving others free reign to do whatever it is they're doing to escape. 

Why I don't agree with Jason trapping non-objectives, like @Bonker2468 suggestion, is if that drop down window is trapped, Jason is stuck in a cabin that he can't just walk out of so he has to waste a morph by the Lodge and won't have a shift to get me as I escape the trap and spray if I've been hit at any point in the match or simply run away thanks to medic.  Meanwhile all I'm gonna do is hop back in that side window so we can play again! 

I've done morph trapping in QP.  The only two spots I've ever used are the Packanack Lodge when the fusebox is there because those extra few seconds can make the difference in getting a call off.  And the one on Crystal by the Lifeguard Tower, because those extra few seconds while Jason is on the other side of a fence will make for a clean getaway in the car.  If Jason tripped either one of them at times when not needed for escape purposes, I'd go back and reset them when in the area.  I will say I have trapped other counselors with the Packanack Lodge trap though LOL 

17 minutes ago, SirMang said:

've done morph trapping in QP.  The only two spots I've ever used are the Packanack Lodge when the fusebox is there because those extra few seconds can make the difference in getting a call off.  And the one on Crystal by the Lifeguard Tower, because those extra few seconds while Jason is on the other side of a fence will make for a clean getaway in the car.  If Jason tripped either one of them at times when not needed for escape purposes, I'd go back and reset them when in the area.  I will say I have trapped other counselors with the Packanack Lodge trap though LOL 

This is interesting and sound fun for a good laugh in private match(or some pissed off Jason in QP). Someone should get a list together of all the common forced morphing position spots. lol

40 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Why I don't agree with Jason trapping non-objectives, like @Bonker2468 suggestion, is if that drop down window is trapped, Jason is stuck in a cabin that he can't just walk out of so he has to waste a morph by the Lodge and won't have a shift to get me as I escape the trap and spray if I've been hit at any point in the match or simply run away thanks to medic.  Meanwhile all I'm gonna do is hop back in that side window so we can play again! 

Well, obviously if you run into someone with Medic/Thick Skin/A pocketknife it's not going to work as effectively as it could. Nothing will. You can usually walk around the side of the cabin and catch them before they have a chance to spray or even break out of the trap, though. Maybe use a shift to make sure you get there. Then you grab or slash them down to finish them off. The element of surprise, since they're usually not expecting to step in that trap, gives you an extra second or two as well.

And even if they're loaded to the gills with items (which, let's be honest, is not always the case) you're still trading a trap for a med spray and pocketknife, plus taking damage from the broken side window if they decide to try and loop you. That's not a terrible trade.

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Sounds like traps need a buff or thick skin/medic need a nerf.

Which should it be?

1. Jason can pick them up and put them down at will at no cost

2. Jason can reset each trap one time each, effectively giving each trap two uses before they break all together

3. Jason can pick them up and put them down at the cost of a knife (though knives would need to be buffed with a refill meter of sorts over time)

Will traps be buffed?

@mattshotcha

To answer the question, if I have more traps. I like to use another trap at one of the phone house windows if applicable. I don't bother trapping the two sweater unless I have 5 traps or more or its Pinehurst/Jarvis.

Actually, Jason should just be able to reset traps at will. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

I unerstand the logic that you should only trap objectives, but to me that's a little nearsighted. Any trap that's successfully used, especially if it leads to a kill, has been well spent. Deterring objectives is a good use for them, but still only one use.

Yes. If you are a 5 or 7 trap Jason then you can definitely spare a trap or 2 for non objective placements. It's incredibly rewarding to catch someone with a surprise trap.  

• Like 1

Trapping the outside door of the jarvis house basement when i have cornered a counselor in there. They have no choice but to trip it or they run blindly into after stunning me when i have gone in there.

Just ran into a lvl 150 yesterday who trapped the back stairs at packanack,as well as the drivers seat door or the car BEFORE the battery was in.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:30 AM, NightmareFuel said:

Yes. If you are a 5 or 7 trap Jason then you can definitely spare a trap or 2 for non objective placements. It's incredibly rewarding to catch someone with a surprise trap.  

So satisfying to get them when they don’t expect it, I love how defeated they sound when the trap goes ‘ker’chunk’.

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2019 at 3:45 AM, SirMang said:

A dissertation; listen up, children