Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Jason Kill Scenero - Question

I posted this on reddit, but I thought I would ask here as well. Today, I was playing as Jason, and right from the start, a majority of the counselors started group stunning me from the get go. I slashed away killing one and successfully splitting up the group, but I lost my mask early as I was part 5. I probably should have used blocking more, but I did not. A Bugsy was dancing around waiting for me to kill him, so I knew what was up. Jason hunting was on.

Anyway, I was able to kill six out of the eight, but the game glitched, and I still had three to go. They took the sweater, and were down to business. Sweater girl was ready, and Tommy and the other had shot guns. Knowing what was up, I did not shift in because well, that would be stupid. They went to the main house, I listened to them plot and bitch because I wasn't just falling for their hunting party, and I stalked them for a good long time. Long story short, I did not hide in water, and I did shift around them to wait for an opening, but none really came. I shifted in one time next to the porch steps so Tommy couldn't get in front of me to let them know I knew what they were doing, and they bitched about it. I was able to get one of them to waste their shot gun. I thought maybe I could screw with them a little and cause them to make some mistakes.

They did not kill me by the end of the game, but the main player coordinating kept calling me a pussy Jason in the lobby before he left with all his salty little buds. I think they were streaming. He kept saying I wasn't playing right, and I asked him how I wasn't playing right, and he had no answer. He just said there was no convincing me and left.

What was I supposed to do? Was I just supposed to shift in, face the sweater girl directly, and let Tommy go for the kill? As Jason, was I supposed to just become a sitting duck for them? They camped together in a house with locked doors. Was I supposed to bust in, get shot, stunned and killed? In other words, I think if you are going to coordinate a Jason hunting party, at least don't be so stupid as to constantly talk about it over mics and expect Jason to walk into your set up. They couldn't hunt me down, so I guess they failed with their hunting party and got butthurt. Anyway, the question is, what is the correct meta for Jason to play out with hunting parties about? I'm not a bad Jason, but I'm not perfect either. I would really like to know what the expectations are for this particular scenero.

20 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I posted this on reddit, but I thought I would ask here as well. Today, I was playing as Jason, and right from the start, a majority of the counselors started group stunning me from the get go. I slashed away killing one and successfully splitting up the group, but I lost my mask early as I was part 5. I probably should have used blocking more, but I did not. A Bugsy was dancing around waiting for me to kill him, so I knew what was up. Jason hunting was on. Sounds like a hunting party wanted to put another notch on their belt.

Anyway, I was able to kill six out of the eight, but the game glitched, and I still had three to go. They took the sweater, and were down to business. Sweater girl was ready, and Tommy and the other had shot guns. Knowing what was up, I did not shift in because well, that would be stupid. They went to the main house, I listened to them plot and bitch because I wasn't just falling for their hunting party, and I stalked them for a good long time. Long story short, I did not hide in water, and I did shift around them to wait for an opening, but none really came. I shifted in one time next to the porch steps so Tommy couldn't get in front of me to let them know I knew what they were doing, and they bitched about it. I was able to get one of them to waste their shot gun. I thought maybe I could screw with them a little and cause them to make some mistakes. Sounds like you were playing smart.

They did not kill me by the end of the game, but the main player coordinating kept calling me a pussy Jason in the lobby before he left with all his salty little buds. I think they were streaming. He kept saying I wasn't playing right, and I asked him how I wasn't playing right, and he had no answer. He just said there was no convincing me and left. It's not your fault if a streamer and his team couldn't kill you.

What was I supposed to do? Was I just supposed to shift in, face the sweater girl directly, and let Tommy go for the kill? As Jason, was I supposed to just become a sitting duck for them? They camped together in a house with locked doors. Was I supposed to bust in, get shot, stunned and killed? In other words, I think if you are going to coordinate a Jason hunting party, at least don't be so stupid as to constantly talk about it over mics and expect Jason to walk into your set up. They couldn't hunt me down, so I guess they failed with their hunting party and got butthurt. Anyway, the question is, what is the correct meta for Jason to play out with hunting parties about? I'm not a bad Jason, but I'm not perfect either. I would really like to know what the expectations are for this particular scenero. Never ever throw a match for a live stream.

I would have loved to see the footage from a match like this. It sounds like you were at the top of your game and found a group that thought you'd bend over and take it for their audience. You did absolutely nothing wrong. Mother would be especially pleased with that one.

It sounds like there were some serious butt hurt people that match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couple things. If they want to waste all their time jack assing around and not completing any objectives...great! They are doing you a favor in that regard. 

You could still pick them off one by one different ways. Use your knives and traps, do some wounding. Forget grabs, if they plan on staying in the one cabin all together you are just going to have to work them down one slash at a time. Even in close quarters with a hunting party you should still be able to run and juke and slash little by little until they run out of supplies and their numbers begin to dwindle.  

Now if they already have the sweater, and Tommy is on scene, it goes without saying that it's imperative that you do your best to specifically target the sweater girl or Tommy first before your mask comes off. If you take one of them out and then your mask comes off afterwards it won't matter.

Others may have different tactics they prefer. This is how I'd probably work it.

Of course there are also preventative measures. Trap Jason's cabin entrance. Quickly take out the power boxes as soon as you can (I used to go after the phone first but that's not only predictable, it also USUALLY takes the counselors a while to get the fuse to the box, so I usually get the power boxes first now. It's a better gamble in my opinion to try to avoid having Tommy on scene than to worry about someone fixing the phone right off the bat). Do these things and you will surely ruin their plans.

3 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

What was I supposed to do? Was I just supposed to shift in, face the sweater girl directly, and let Tommy go for the kill? As Jason, was I supposed to just become a sitting duck for them? They camped together in a house with locked doors. Was I supposed to bust in, get shot, stunned and killed? In other words, I think if you are going to coordinate a Jason hunting party, at least don't be so stupid as to constantly talk about it over mics and expect Jason to walk into your set up. They couldn't hunt me down, so I guess they failed with their hunting party and got butthurt. Anyway, the question is, what is the correct meta for Jason to play out with hunting parties about? I'm not a bad Jason, but I'm not perfect either. I would really like to know what the expectations are for this particular scenero.

Because the game is so heavily lopsided towards the counselors, when a Jason DOES find a way to cancel out the kill scenerio, the "Jason hunters" go bananas.

There was a similar situation with Jason back when he was properly OP where if a counselor did manage to escape, Jason would occasionally rage quit. Often because he wasn't aware that someone fixed the phone, someone got a car fixed, or someone vanished on the boat.

Just roll with it and take it as a win and hope for a better lobby. Folks can't handle it when Jason exhibits his most dangerous attribute; the ability to plan out his kills.

6 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I posted this on reddit, but I thought I would ask here as well. Today, I was playing as Jason, and right from the start, a majority of the counselors started group stunning me from the get go. I slashed away killing one and successfully splitting up the group, but I lost my mask early as I was part 5. I probably should have used blocking more, but I did not. A Bugsy was dancing around waiting for me to kill him, so I knew what was up. Jason hunting was on.

Anyway, I was able to kill six out of the eight, but the game glitched, and I still had three to go. They took the sweater, and were down to business. Sweater girl was ready, and Tommy and the other had shot guns. Knowing what was up, I did not shift in because well, that would be stupid. They went to the main house, I listened to them plot and bitch because I wasn't just falling for their hunting party, and I stalked them for a good long time. Long story short, I did not hide in water, and I did shift around them to wait for an opening, but none really came. I shifted in one time next to the porch steps so Tommy couldn't get in front of me to let them know I knew what they were doing, and they bitched about it. I was able to get one of them to waste their shot gun. I thought maybe I could screw with them a little and cause them to make some mistakes.

They did not kill me by the end of the game, but the main player coordinating kept calling me a pussy Jason in the lobby before he left with all his salty little buds. I think they were streaming. He kept saying I wasn't playing right, and I asked him how I wasn't playing right, and he had no answer. He just said there was no convincing me and left.

From what you described you did nothing wrong. As long as you keep working towards the kills you're play right. I'd go knife collecting next time though. There are only two ways to play that situation wrong in my opinion. Going for a swim. Or just aimlessly morphing away from them each time the get close to you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Because the game is so heavily lopsided towards the counselors, when a Jason DOES find a way to cancel out the kill scenerio, the "Jason hunters" go bananas.

There was a similar situation with Jason back when he was properly OP where if a counselor did manage to escape, Jason would occasionally rage quit. Often because he wasn't aware that someone fixed the phone, someone got a car fixed, or someone vanished on the boat.

Just roll with it and take it as a win and hope for a better lobby. Folks can't handle it when Jason exhibits his most dangerous attribute; the ability to plan out his kills.

I do try to plan out kills. I use stalk a lot because it's true to form, and it gives people a good jump. I like listening to the chatter among players, too. I almost always wait for it to replenish. Late last night, I had an entire lobby laughing hysterically because I stalk shifted into a house, waited for a Bugsy to make a run for it, and nabbed him around the doorway. The game is about the chase to me. I set up cabins just for this purpose. I can't tell you how many times I catch people in traps under the window by main objectives and at the stairs of Packanack on both sides. It makes me smile everytime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I do try to plan out kills. I use stalk a lot because it's true to form, and it gives people a good jump. I like listening to the chatter among players, too. I almost always wait for it to replenish. Late last night, I had an entire lobby laughing hysterically because I stalk shifted into a house, waited for a Bugsy to make a run for it, and nabbed him around the doorway. The game is about the chase to me. I set up cabins just for this purpose. I can't tell you how many times I catch people in traps under the window by main objectives and at the stairs of Packanack on both sides. It makes me smile everytime.

Just keep making mother proud, don’t worry about the haters brother.

As long as your always pushing forward and trying to get them I see nothing wrong with it. Just make sure you go collect some knives and set traps by the windows  and doors. Make them come outside. Try to shift in and gab sweater girl and teleport out as soon as you come out of stun. 

I think you did what you could, other than maybe stocking up on knives for a while and trying to pick them off from a distance. If you went wading into them, someone would have shot you quickly and you'd be dead.

Bear in mind, of course, that dying doesn't lose you anything. You don't lose points, and it doesn't go on a permanent record or anything. So, it doesn't hurt to go in and do what damage you can.

10 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

As long as your always pushing forward and trying to get them I see nothing wrong with it. Just make sure you go collect some knives and set traps by the windows  and doors. Make them come outside. Try to shift in and gab sweater girl and teleport out as soon as you come out of stun. 

No you shouldn't shiftgrab in on sweater girl in a group. A co-ordinated group would demask you off of one pocket knive stun.

@x OLd ScRatCh x If Jason hits the Tommy House first there is no counterplay for them. You can retrap Electrical boxes endlessly. Based on the map Layout you can get a rough guess to where is the Tommy House. I think there is only a certain amount of map variations and if you played as long as me you can tell when a group wants to kill you beforehand. Hitting the Electrical box is the most powerful thing you can do to stop all of that but you don't get an easy tell. Earlier today I hit the box first thing and they got me into Rage before I even had Stalk that's OD. 

Gg @x OLd ScRatCh x you tried to kill me today and really made it intresting. As far as what you should do as Jason vs. a kill squad you observed my tactics. Hit, run repeat. Slash away and keep the pressure on. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Gg @x OLd ScRatCh x you tried to kill me today and really made it intresting. As far as what you should do as Jason vs. a kill squad you observed my tactics. Hit, run repeat. Slash away and keep the pressure on. 

You were pretty relentless. I wasn't really teamed up with anyone. A lot of times I just go for the sweater and meet up with the other players hoping the Tommy player will know what he's doing if he spawns in. We never really got to that point though, did we. ;)

I was killed the other day. Down to 3 counselors left and I was using part 2. I was bouncing around collecting knives while the 3 of them kept hunting me. Eventually I found them at a cabin where the sweater girl had holed up and Tommy was outside. I figured this would be the best time to try and take out Tommy by way of slashing so I shifted over. The sweater girl fucking stunned from inside the cabin. Idiotic. 

I took a pretty big break from the game and now just started playing again but only casually. It's nice to see it's still, I don't know the word I'm looking for...

But yeah, coming back in to it I see Jason after Jason get dropped like flies. It's still very much played on the counselors' terms.

As far as the OP, you did nothing wrong. You do what you have to do to avoid being killed. If the other players are bent about it they can piss off. You aren't obligated to hand them a kill. In all honesty, not too long ago, I was down to a single player that had stocked the Higgins house with what looked like half the weapons on the map including extra med sprays and so on. The police were on the scene and the dude refused to leave. I just morphed away and let him sit there. The headache of dealing with players like that wasn't worth feeding their ego IMO so I just didn't play their game.

47 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I was down to a single player that had stocked the Higgins house with what looked like half the weapons on the map including extra med sprays and so on. The police were on the scene and the dude refused to leave. I just morphed away and let him sit there. The headache of dealing with players like that wasn't worth feeding their ego IMO so I just didn't play their game.

It sounds like they were prepared for an apocalypse that never came.

I agree with not feeding into a player's ego. There's too much of that going on in gaming as it is.