Sign in to follow this  
mike-hannigan

Question regarding certain perks.

Hello kinda newbie still here, so I rolled some perks that I'd like to ask how they work and how to use them correctly.

Low profile (24% sense avoidance): Says increased crouch speed and a chance to avoid Jason's sense. So I've made some research myself and there's a debate saying that you don't need to crouch to get the sense avoidance bonus while others say you NEED to crouch. I did some testing in private match with my friend and we came to the conclusion that you have to crouch for the perk to work (My friend used sense like 10 times when I was standing still and I glowed red), then when I crouched I was invisible 3/5 times. Obviously could've been bad RNG so if someone knows for certain can shed me some light?

Pyro (Jason spotting effect and firecracker radius): Do I need to fire a flare to Jason's face or Fire at the sky to spot him? Confused how this one works.

Marathon (Overall stamina increased) so let's say that I equip a 15% stamina boost on someone and then die/escape and come back as Tommy. Does that mean he'll have 11.5 stamina or perks like this don't work on him?

Sorry for so many noobie questions. 😅

Some tips.

1. Sense perks are mostly useless because Jason can toggle sense, so inevitably he'll find you. Until they change how fear/composure/stealth/sense works, its not that viable.

2. Pyro - In beta, the flaregun spotted Jason on the map but didn't stun him, then came launch and they made it a weapon that could also stun Jason. To be honest, I haven't really bothered to look to see if it still works consistently as a spot weapon for the map.

3. I think the perks stack on Tommy still, though he has 10/10 stats anyway. Though if I recall, they changed that with medic, so if someone with medic died, the next person who picked them up couldn't get two sprays unless they have medic too, so that might apply to everything.

In short.

The only really useful perks to have are...

1. Thick skin - Can take more melee damage from Jason, can tank traps, sometimes more than once if you have a high luck counselor

2. Medic - Get two spray uses, so you can have 6 all together, making it difficult to slash you to death

3. Hypochondriac -Start with a first aid spray

4. Sucker Punch - Can stun Jason more with different weapons

5. Swift Attacker - Can swing faster and can swing through Jason's melee pretty much every time

6. Nerves of Steel - Useful mostly for No Fear Jenny builds

7. Prepardness - See the Jenny build, but can be useful for others

8. Marathon - Increases total stamina, can help make slower counselors more useful at epic/legendary

9. Restful - Allows you to regain stamina faster, again useful for low stamina counselors

The rest are situational or mostly useless due to game design preventing them from being better.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Some tips.

Yes I've read the suggestions regarding sense avoidance. But still was curious how this particular perk works (Low Profile) because the wording is ambiguous.

Also as it is Pyro is utterly useless? Like why would I want to increase the spotting effect (don't even know how it works) by 18% when there are like 3 flares only per map. Wouldn't be better if the perk allowed you to start with a Flare? Would that make that perk OP? Just sayin'.

Currently I run Medic/Sucker Punch/Swift Attacker/Marathon on most of my counselors but I'd like to try certain fun builds as well once in a while to spice things up. Thanks for the tips BTW! Appreciate it. 😊

@tyrant666 i totally agree with you but you forgot Thrasher , light foot and slugger are viable perks too.

I like to play with man at arms on low luck character you can hit one more time. Evasion , heavy hitter and scout are underrated.

1 hour ago, mike-hannigan said:

Hello kinda newbie still here, so I rolled some perks that I'd like to ask how they work and how to use them correctly.

Low profile (24% sense avoidance): Says increased crouch speed and a chance to avoid Jason's sense. So I've made some research myself and there's a debate saying that you don't need to crouch to get the sense avoidance bonus while others say you NEED to crouch. I did some testing in private match with my friend and we came to the conclusion that you have to crouch for the perk to work (My friend used sense like 10 times when I was standing still and I glowed red), then when I crouched I was invisible 3/5 times. Obviously could've been bad RNG so if someone knows for certain can shed me some light? Wish I could shed some light but as you said, there is still a debate, it should give you the sense avoidance all the time but probably doesn’t. Added movement speed while in crouch isn’t very useful, I prefer the Perks Sneaky or Lightfoot myself.

Pyro (Jason spotting effect and firecracker radius): Do I need to fire a flare to Jason's face or Fire at the sky to spot him? Confused how this one works. Pyro has to be fired in the air to get the spotting effect, it still works from the beta. As for it’s utility, well that’s up to the Counselor running it, if you use it to check if an area is safe to go too, then it pays off to put Jason on your map. On small maps it’s extra effective. I sometimes run it on my Mitch along with the Firecracker Perk, if it let me start with a flare gun, it might become my main build.

Marathon (Overall stamina increased) so let's say that I equip a 15% stamina boost on someone and then die/escape and come back as Tommy. Does that mean he'll have 11.5 stamina or perks like this don't work on him?  It works on Tommy but I don’t think the math is quite as simple as just increasing it to11.5, would be nice if it was that simple. Marathon is best on high Stamina Counselors.

Sorry for so many noobie questions. 😅

Welcome to Camp, don’t worry I’ve been here a year and I’m still asking stupid questions, 😆

1 hour ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

@tyrant666 i totally agree with you but you forgot Thrasher , light foot and slugger are viable perks too.

I like to play with man at arms on low luck character you can hit one more time. Evasion , heavy hitter and scout are underrated.

Funny I tried out a 13% rare heavy hitter with slugger last week on Chad and didn't seem to notice any difference in stun time. Maybe I need to try more. 🤔

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Pyro (Jason spotting effect and firecracker radius): Do I need to fire a flare to Jason's face or Fire at the sky to spot him? Confused how this one works. Pyro has to be fired in the air to get the spotting effect, it still works from the beta. As for it’s utility, well that’s up to the Counselor running it, if you use it to check if an area is safe to go too, then it pays off to put Jason on your map. On small maps it’s extra effective. I sometimes run it on my Mitch along with the Firecracker Perk, if it let me start with a flare gun, it might become my main build.

Thanks for the explanation now I understand (I think) how spotting works. 😊

I know some of the perks transfer to Tommy. I use My Dad's A Cop with La Chappa, and if I die and wind up calling the cops with Tommy I still get the reduced time.

I've definitely had Medic transfer over to Tommy, but only sometimes. It seems to require some change to my inventory (i.e. pick up a new item, or drop an existing one and pick it up again) before it displays correctly, though.

Wish you could see what perks you currently have equipped. Sucks to have the random cousellor bug happen, giving you a character you never use so you can't remember what perks you gave them...

I thought I read if you hit Jason with the flare or landed it anywhere near him it would shine him on the map? Though it would make more sense in reality if you shot it in the sky. Haven't ever tried it.

7 hours ago, NightmareFuel said:

I thought I read if you hit Jason with the flare or landed it anywhere near him it would shine him on the map? Though it would make more sense in reality if you shot it in the sky. Haven't ever tried it.

I believe both methods work. Shooting into the sky will light him up from across the map if you get the a good shot.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I believe both methods work. Shooting into the sky will light him up from across the map if you get the a good shot.

It’s possible both methods work but I’ve had Jason disappear from my mini-map after shooting him, if you spot him by shooting in the air it seems to last for a set amount of time. 

8 hours ago, NightmareFuel said:

I don’t believe it has to land near him just go over him. When I use it I picture a spotlight pointed down, then pick a section of the map to shoot it over, like using a drone that only goes in a big arc. 

I might have it all wrong but it works surprisingly well if I do.

To the OP

I mostly use the flare to track Jason before moving an objective part, I preference the Flaregun over every other weapon, including the shotgun because it has a function I can use to give my slow ass Counselor an advantage, the afore mentioned obj. part. If I ditch whatever weapon I’ve been caring for an obj. part, without attempting to get that added info, I’d feel like I give up an underlining principal of war, know your enemy.

Knowledge is power, as a Counselor and one who is quite comfortable saving myself while other people dance, I tend to just do me. I do team up with other people, if they are actually trying to escape but any advantage over Jason I can get is one I want. I’m not really a fan of the meta, yes it’s the best build for survival but it removes any individuality from the Counselors if they all run it. If you’re curious I currently run Mitch with Thick Skin, Firecracker and Sneaky. Sneaky replaced Flaregun because lately I’ve been playing to get drawers, I need two more Tommy tapes and it’s fun to come out and watch Jason break a door, lol. It reminds me of old cartoons when the character being chased pops in and out of a bunch of different places. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1