Ethanhead258

What's With the Hatred on Slashers?

I'm even worse than u guys , i mainly play as throwing knives Jasons, and im pretty good at it.^^ 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It’s literally in my name so you can imagine how I feel about it, I do prefer to use a grab after I limp them but everyone who comes at me on the right side gets hit. Grabs are for Shift or my favourite move, grabbing around corners people don’t seem to like that. 

But yeah @Ethanhead258 don’t sweat the haters, odds are they slash too. Welcome to camp, hope you like it.

My favorite ambush spot is the Packanack stairs.

11 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Used to be most Jasons would dance with you once you challenged them but many more just go for broke and rush me now. Most rush cabins rather than trap windows/doors too. I prefer the cat and mouse game myself and always make sure to tip my cap to a Jason who outsmarted me.

It's usually a waste of time to go around breaking the windows. If I duck into a cabin and a Jason does that I'm like thanks for the stamina buddy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's usually a waste of time to go ariund breaking the windows. If I duck into a cabin and a Jason does that I'm like thanks for the stamina buddy.

I break every window i pass as jason. be surprised how many people skip all broken windows because they are afraid of the damage. I def dont run around a big house wasting a min doing it though.. lol

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

And as @thrawn3054 said above, it is harder to slash someone down in this game than it is to do a grab kill (Not a direct quote, I know), particularly when playing against the regular type player that is using thick skin and medic, which take what? 7 slashes?... So please, with your vast expertise... explain how these "slasher Jasons" lack skill.

This is it exactly. 

It's much harder to slash someone to death, then it is to just simply shift grab them. 

You have to hit that person at least 5 times to kill them and pretty much everyone is running medic these days, so make it like a dozen times.  

Which means you have to catch this person numerous times to kill them, instead of just once to grab and then punch their head off in 2 seconds if you fancy the quick grab kill...which apparently also gets people salty.

10 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

You're gonna slash the last counselor when they're slow, limping, have no weapon, aren't near an exit, aren't close to running out the clock and haven't been taunting you? That was my situation when I gave up and asked the guy to have a little fun with my death. He'd already slashed my health away and saw that I had no spray so there wasn't even the excuse of worrying about a PK buying me time to heal myself (and even then the time it takes to heal usually leaves a slower counselor like AJ vulnerable to more slashing or a grab kill). The guy was a textbook example of a boring slasher and a quick check of his kills after the session was over confirmed that. I'm glad that most Jasons make the effort to kill with a bit more style.

If you've complained to me about slashing you earlier or slashing you at all or making you limp via throwing knife?

Sure i'll just cut you down instead of grabbing you and chuckle.

46 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I break every window i pass as jason. be surprised how many people skip all broken windows because they are afraid of the damage. I def dont run around a big house wasting a min doing it though.. lol

I'll break them if they're convenient. What I meant was the Jason player who walks around the entire cabin breaking every window before coming in. It's free stamina to me and I'll just run out the door when you finally come inside.

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

Which means you have to catch this person numerous times to kill them, instead of just once to grab and then punch their head off in 2 seconds if you fancy the quick grab kill...which apparently also gets people salty.

There is always gonna be something with this game that makes someone salty.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It's because they want to use their duplicated pocket knives on you.

They'll follow that up with the duplicate med sprays as well.

18 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

You’re not seeing the potential strategy behind it. In your particular situation from Jason’s point of view you could still have a health spray and a knife. If you’re limping and you try to use a spray then the first thing he is going to do is cut you down while you’re using it. However, if you pretend that you are out of spray, he grabs you, he gets a pk in the neck, you get a huge boost of stamina, use your health spray (that he thought you were out of), and you have one more shot at survival. I’ve seen it before. 

That's possible but I had already been limping in front of him for some time and had easy access to a window if I had wanted to prolong the chase (and give myself more than enough time to heal with a med spray without wasting a PK). The guy had done nothing but slash me previously and the kill rundown showed a bunch of other slasher deaths too so I feel pretty confident in my assessment that he was a lazy slasher. 

8 hours ago, SirMang said:

If you've complained to me about slashing you earlier or slashing you at all or making you limp via throwing knife?

Sure i'll just cut you down instead of grabbing you and chuckle.

Like I said above, he killed everyone by slashing and I wasn't taunting him. He's one of several Jasons I've seen recently who rely heavily on slashing and it most definitely is boring from a counselor's POV. The whole room was laughing at the guy after he knifed me.

---

I did play a match last night where the Jason resorted to slashing multiple times and it was fully justified in both cases. The first was a dickhead Chad troll (what a surprise) who repeatedly dodged his grabs, stunned him and then danced over him every time without running away. Eventually the Jason lost patience and just slashed the f*ck out of him. Later he was dealing with a Deborah who first escaped with a PK and then started looping in and out of a cabin. Jason eventually ended the tedium by slashing them and we were finally able to move on to another match.

10 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Love, love, LOVE catching people on the Packanack stairs. Always set two traps at the base of the back steps that lead onto the main road, and almost always catch somebody in them at some point. If it doesn't kill them, it sure slows them down. Sometimes they'll try to spray and another quick slash stops that right quick.

Last night I was chasing a Buggzy around that main room. I'd set my traps outside early in the match, but never broke the door. After a couple rounds of Ring Around the Living Room I broke down the door. After he PK'd me, he took the bait and ran out -- right into the traps. He got a little ways up the street and was starting to spray himself when I finished him and the match with a throwing knife from about 30 yards. Felt like a damn boss.

1 hour ago, Bonker2468 said:

Love, love, LOVE catching people on the Packanack stairs. Always set two traps at the base of the back steps that lead onto the main road, and almost always catch somebody in them at some point. If it doesn't kill them, it sure slows them down. Sometimes they'll try to spray and another quick slash stops that right quick.

Last night I was chasing a Buggzy around that main room. I'd set my traps outside early in the match, but never broke the door. After a couple rounds of Ring Around the Living Room I broke down the door. After he PK'd me, he took the bait and ran out -- right into the traps. He got a little ways up the street and was starting to spray himself when I finished him and the match with a throwing knife from about 30 yards. Felt like a damn boss.

I meant the stairs inside Packanack. You'd be surprised how many times people will run right into your arms there.

I've tried trapping the outside stairs but it usually doesn't work for me. I'm glad it pans out for somebody. 

18 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

That is a practice I had never done because the traps are too easy to walk around, but recently I had a looper that kept jumping from windows and going back inside so I gave it a shot. Placed two side to side in back by the campsite and then walked around the building. By the time I got to the other door one of the traps was sprung. Even shifting around the building he had managed to get himself free before I got there... but then he went and stepped in the other trap. That’s all, folks! :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

That is a practice I had never done because the traps are too easy to walk around, but recently I had a looper that kept jumping from windows and going back inside so I gave it a shot. Placed two side to side in back by the campsite and then walked around the building. By the time I got to the other door one of the traps was sprung. Even shifting around the building he had managed to get himself free before I got there... but then he went and stepped in the other trap. That’s all, folks! :lol:

You do have to carefully put down two traps side by side, which is a good chunk of the trap budget for most Jasons and means it's hard to trap both sides of the lodge and still have any left over for other objectives. Put them too far apart and they're easy to get around. You can also get into the trap of laying traps -- if you do it just right the first time, you can put another one or two down and effectively retrap it.

I usually trap the road side of the lodge because there's more foot traffic in and out of that door, especially if a car or the phone spawns there. The plus side is that roughly 95 percent of the counselors never think to look for it, and even if they do you can often get them to run into it anyway if you put a little pressure on them.

Slashes for everyone!! Seriously though, slashing was my only option, except for the last guy (Chad), but I figured he probably had a pocket knife with all the dancing he was doing.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 2:55 AM, Eva Watanabe said:

Full credit to you if you can kite well with AJ, especially later during a match when your stealth advantages don't let you slip away once Jason's found you. In the several months I've been playing I've probably seen one other AJ do it well. I'm often the last or second last counselor left so I get a lot of opportunities but since my stamina drops relatively quickly I can't run too long and can only jump through one or maybe two broken windows without crippling myself. Couple that with her luck/strength making her weapons either break quickly or do little damage and she simply isn't built for kiting like a Vanessa, Chad or even a Tiffany. I also generally don't use cheap hiding spots or bother running in circles around obstacles which I guess are things any counselor could do regardless of their weaknesses.

FWIW I also tell other counselors how to play even if like you say it usually doesn't help. 😝 Tiffany insisting on doing a repair right next to my far better repair counselor or a Vanessa following my stealthy counselor will get an earful from me. Those are both legit play choices as well but they're still irritating.

You're gonna slash the last counselor when they're slow, limping, have no weapon, aren't near an exit, aren't close to running out the clock and haven't been taunting you? That was my situation when I gave up and asked the guy to have a little fun with my death. He'd already slashed my health away and saw that I had no spray so there wasn't even the excuse of worrying about a PK buying me time to heal myself (and even then the time it takes to heal usually leaves a slower counselor like AJ vulnerable to more slashing or a grab kill). The guy was a textbook example of a boring slasher and a quick check of his kills after the session was over confirmed that. I'm glad that most Jasons make the effort to kill with a bit more style.

I've been seeing this a lot more when I go into combat stance this past month or so (and I usually go into combat stance when I'm cornered and thus not confident, often without a PK). Used to be most Jasons would dance with you once you challenged them but many more just go for broke and rush me now. Most rush cabins rather than trap windows/doors too. I prefer the cat and mouse game myself and always make sure to tip my cap to a Jason who outsmarted me.

I'll usually 1v1 anyone who wants to, but NOT if it's the beginning of the round, in a group, or if I know it's a stall tactic. If you're the last alive then sure, I'll generally do it, and might even spare you if you're actually committed to the fight instead of getting in a stun and hauling ass.

Trying to 1v1Jason is, in my experience, sometimes done as a sort of 'saving face' attempt. You know you're going to die, so you try and go out in a way that's a little more dignified than trying to hide under a bed or running around the couch.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 12:05 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'll usually 1v1 anyone who wants to, but NOT if it's the beginning of the round, in a group, or if I know it's a stall tactic. If you're the last alive then sure, I'll generally do it, and might even spare you if you're actually committed to the fight instead of getting in a stun and hauling ass.

Trying to 1v1Jason is, in my experience, sometimes done as a sort of 'saving face' attempt. You know you're going to die, so you try and go out in a way that's a little more dignified than trying to hide under a bed or running around the couch.

That's exactly how I approach the game as a lone wolf. I will almost always keep running and try to slip away if it's early in the game but don't bother when I'm in a situation where I know Jason's gonna stay on my ass no matter what I do (endgame, crippled and/or tunneled). A good Jason's gonna kill me 90% of the time but: a) most Jasons aren't very good these days and b) stealthy characters don't see much combat and I welcome the opportunity to mix things up when cornered.

On 1/12/2019 at 2:32 AM, thrawn3054 said:

Just had a game where I slashed 5 out of 7 people to death. Pretty sure they were not best well pleased.

You got the job done. Mother would be pleased, even if they aren't... 😎

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

You got the job done. Mother would be pleased, even if they aren't... 😎

Yeah. They were pretty much all running with at least one other person so I didn't have too much choice. Last person left was my friend. He was running me pretty good as Vanessa. He finally got caught in a corner between a bed and the wall. I hacked him down. Which was fortunate considering his two pocket knives. 

I got killed about a week ago. I knew what they were up to, but my main mistake was in not trapping the power box to Tommy’s radio when I had the chance. I only knocked out the power. I tried taking it out again when they repaired it but one person kept hitting me during the animation, and when my mask came off I didn’t even have the chance to morph away. I was actually fine with with it because they did a good job at it, or at least I was until they got on the mics and began mocking me for being a slasher. What, choosing Packanack Small and at least 4 Vanessas for your little Jason hunting escapade wasn’t enough of an advantage for you? I also had to give myself a handicap as well? Give me a break! :lol:  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I got killed about a week ago. I knew what they were up to, but my main mistake was in not trapping the power box to Tommy’s radio when I had the chance. I only knocked out the power. I tried taking it out again when they repaired it but one person kept hitting me during the animation, and when my mask came off I didn’t even have the chance to morph away. I was actually fine with with it because they did a good job at it, or at least I was until they got on the mics and began mocking me for being a slasher. What, choosing Packanack Small and at least 4 Vanessas for your little Jason hunting escapade wasn’t enough of an advantage for you? I also had to give myself a handicap as well? Give me a break! :lol:  

I feel you brother, got killed earlier this week because of being trapped in an animation. Thought I had time to kill Chad before they got back with the sweater, but came out of the kill and went straight into the mother speech. They all quit the next time I was Jason so I guess they didn’t want to try when I knew it was their goal. 

On 1/13/2019 at 8:21 AM, thrawn3054 said:

Yeah. They were pretty much all running with at least one other person so I didn't have too much choice. Last person left was my friend. He was running me pretty good as Vanessa. He finally got caught in a corner between a bed and the wall. I hacked him down. Which was fortunate considering his two pocket knives. 

Good call.