Ethanhead258

What's With the Hatred on Slashers?

I routinely get called a faggot, and many other names when I'm Jason for cutting them down into pieces, instead of grabbing them which will get me Pocket Knife'd. It's a valid move of play, so what's the issue?

• Haha 1

Do not listen to them, if it's feature intended by the devs, then it's fair game, unlike the goddamn Packnack Roof Glitch.

They just get salty because they don't get to use their pocket knives, that's what upsets them, obviously it's their fault for not getting away when they can.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums @Ethanhead258! Lol. Don’t even stress about it...hit that mute button. Everyone plays differently. Mother will be proud. Slash away! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's legit of course but it's also boring, especially when it's the only kill method used by a Jason. It's anticlimactic to have a character simply crumple to the ground when they're killed in a Jason video game. 😐 I congratulate good Jasons when they kill me creatively or shift-grab me but on the flip side I make sure to let slashers know I'm not impressed. And I frequently either never find a PK or have used it on a trap so it's not me being salty about not getting to use one. PK escape doesn't do me much good with my play-style/character anyhow.

It also betrays a lack of confidence on the part of the Jason player: I remember a few nights ago I was the last player alive and the Jason player had me critically wounded and without a weapon. I gave up, started dancing in front of him and told him to at least kill me creatively. He proceeded to throw a freaking knife at me. 😂 Less boring than a slash death I suppose but I can't imagine being a Jason and choosing to knife someone who's given up rather than use my favorite grab kill on them.

• Like 1

How you kill players As Jason is your prerogative, slashing is valid..... is it the coolest kills in the game?... No.

Are others more rewarding to see ? ....Of course.

....yet perfectly acceptable and shouldn’t be something trolled over.....

Jason has slashed and killed countless victims in the films why should it be different for the game?

and untill they make his grab a little less punishable and possibly give him a buff to deal with those pesky groups who make attempting grab kills infuriating...... 

“slash away Merl...”

• Like 4

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if I hear a group of people in the lobby giving someone a hard time because they slashed everyone, if I’m Jason the next round, you can bet your bottom dollar I’m going on a slashing spree. Slashing may not be exciting and some think it is boring, but your goal as Jason is to kill as many as you can and slashing is one of the most effective killing methods in the game. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if I hear a group of people in the lobby giving someone a hard time because they slashed everyone, if I’m Jason the next round, you can bet your bottom dollar I’m going on a slashing spree. Slashing may not be exciting and some think it is boring, but your goal as Jason is to kill as many as you can and slashing is one of the most effective killing methods in the game. 

Slasher kills ARE boring and I see no problem with telling a Jason that so long as I don't resort to childish insults such as those that were directed at the OP. No buildup, no great music, no over the top gore and thus no satisfaction.

The game would be a shadow of itself without these grab kills:

It's a combination of people being salty and being slashed to death is anticlimactic feeling. That said there's no excuse for the garage behavior some of these people exhibit. I personally almost never slash, but that's my personal preference. 

When you play as Jason, it comes down to one thing: getting kills. How Jason kills is up to him.

Does Jason answer to mother, or to a bunch of counselors that insist on a specific kill style?

Now everyone, back to the game and make that money...I mean CP.

• Like 1

I prefer using grab kills and I prefer being grab-killed (if I have to be killed).

But if these counselors wanna be tough guys and gang up on me, I will slash every one of them.

Yeah, being slashed is not very fun.  You know what else isn't fun?  When a group of 5 counselors run around together and constantly stun lock me when they don't even have Tommy or the sweater (so no kill possible).  They are making no attempt to actually escape so I'm under no obligation to "show them a good time." 

And calling me a pussy for refusing to grab you is the quickest way to get slashed to death.

• Like 2

It's situational.Tommy obviously gets slashed no matter what and I've had people whine by just slashing him. Groups=slash, Fight over objective like car or phone=slash. If police are called I usually slash too. Oh and if you trolled me and dance/teabagged over my stunned body =slash.

• Like 3

I cleaned out a lobby the other day, going 8/8 with five grab kills, two slash kills and one via throwing knife. The knife one, there was a group of three counselors in a cabin early in the match and I just kept flinging them in there through the window. I think one of the slashes was finishing off a limper, and another was Tommy.
Afterward, some dingus -- he must have been Tommy -- sarcastically says, "Why don't you grab somebody once in a while?"
I pointed out to him that I got five grab kills that round and he comes back with, "Like I said ...?"

Morons gonna moron. I prefer to grab kill, everybody does. But I'm not going to let a group swarm me or Tommy troll me when I can get my licks in, either. Part of being a decent Jason is assessing and adapting to the group you're facing. If I can slow down a Vanessa, Chad or Tommy by slashing, I'm going to do it. If I can finish off a limper without breaking stride, I'm going to do it. If I need to cut down a group that's ganging up on me, bet your ass I'm doing it. And in none of those situations am I feeling bad or cheap about it. That's what that particular round required me to do to succeed. I doubt any of the assholes complaining were feeling bad about chain stunning or tea bagging Jason.

I love seeing someone dancing around at the police exit get slashed to death. Particularly when you see knives fall from their corpse after they die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ethanhead258 said:

I routinely get called a faggot, and many other names when I'm Jason for cutting them down into pieces, instead of grabbing them which will get me Pocket Knife'd. It's a valid move of play, so what's the issue?

Whenever people complain I slash. I slash even more.

Counselors have it so easy in this game, and if some cry baby Vanessa player needs to bully Jason for slashing, it’s simply because they want you to grab them, so they use their pocket knife and get a full Stamina recharge.

Usually those crybabies will also chain stun Jason, so I find it hilarious they can justify their cheap tactics, and yet get mad at Jason for simply using a tactic given to him by the developers.

heck part 3, 4,7 are the best hackers in the game. They should use whatever strengths they have, and not be bullied for it.

• Like 1

To be clear, I lone wolf as weak ass AJ and almost never go one-on-one with Jason until I'm one of the last few counselors. I don't chain stun, teabag or even kite (at least not effectively given my lack of stamina without resting). I've played enough to know a skilled Jason when I see one and the Jasons who do nothing but slash me (and if they're slashing me they're usually slashing the whole room too) ain't skilled.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It's situational.Tommy obviously gets slashed no matter what and I've had people whine by just slashing him. Groups=slash, Fight over objective like car or phone=slash. If police are called I usually slash too. Oh and if you trolled me and dance/teabagged over my stunned body =slash.

All appropriate slashing situations. Agreed that respectable slashing is situational.

23 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

To be clear, I lone wolf as weak ass AJ and almost never go one-on-one with Jason until I'm one of the last few counselors. I don't chain stun, teabag or even kite (at least not effectively given my lack of stamina without resting). I've played enough to know a skilled Jason when I see one and the Jasons who do nothing but slash me (and if they're slashing me they're usually slashing the whole room too) ain't skilled.

The Jason player deciding to slash doesn't mean they lack skill. While I generally dislike slashing, I don't believe you can judge skill level based on it. If anything slashing arguably takes more skill considering it takes a minimum of four hits to kill.

28 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

I play A.J. a lot as well. I also almost never take a swing at Jason unless it is to save a team mate. I also kite VERY effectively with her and generally use the slower counselors when not playing A.J. and can kite just as well with them... against some of the best Jason players I have played with. This is not to say I can do it in every game, every match is different after all... but it is not hard to do... Either way, we all die a lot in this game.
   I also never tell the slasher not to slash. That is just like telling the smoker not to smoke. Slashers will slash when told not to, just like smokers will light up another when you tell them not to smoke. No one has a right to tell others how to play the game (so long as they play within the rules), nor how to live their lives.
   And as @thrawn3054 said above, it is harder to slash someone down in this game than it is to do a grab kill (Not a direct quote, I know), particularly when playing against the regular type player that is using thick skin and medic, which take what? 7 slashes?... So please, with your vast expertise... explain how these "slasher Jasons" lack skill.

@Ethanhead258 You can slash if you want to... as much as you want to... so happy slashing!... You can also use a grab kill if you want to... They are more fun when the opportunity presents itself.
    Also, welcome to the forums!

7 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

It's legit of course but it's also boring, especially when it's the only kill method used by a Jason. It's anticlimactic to have a character simply crumple to the ground when they're killed in a Jason video game. 😐 I congratulate good Jasons when they kill me creatively or shift-grab me but on the flip side I make sure to let slashers know I'm not impressed. And I frequently either never find a PK or have used it on a trap so it's not me being salty about not getting to use one. PK escape doesn't do me much good with my play-style/character anyhow.

It also betrays a lack of confidence on the part of the Jason player: I remember a few nights ago I was the last player alive and the Jason player had me critically wounded and without a weapon. I gave up, started dancing in front of him and told him to at least kill me creatively. He proceeded to throw a freaking knife at me. 😂 Less boring than a slash death I suppose but I can't imagine being a Jason and choosing to knife someone who's given up rather than use my favorite grab kill on them.

If somebody asks me to grab them then you better believe that I will slash instead. No way am I letting them get away with the knife they probably have, or even worse using it to get into a glitch spot. I don’t care if it’s boring. ALL of the kills are boring after playing the game for 15 months. If you don’t slash kill at least one person per round on average, then all you are doing is allowing yourself to play with a handicap that the OP counselors don’t need. Part 3 and 4 have weapon strength as one of their advantages. USE IT! And you are never going to earn that badge if you don’t!

4 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Lol if I have a pocket knife or two and I run into a Slasher Jason I just stand there in block and bait him into a grab...

It’s literally in my name so you can imagine how I feel about it, I do prefer to use a grab after I limp them but everyone who comes at me on the right side gets hit. Grabs are for Shift or my favourite move, grabbing around corners people don’t seem to like that. 

But yeah @Ethanhead258 don’t sweat the haters, odds are they slash too. Welcome to camp, hope you like it.

• Haha 1

I slash to death anyone who tries fighting me. Because if that pocket knife was giving you all that confidence it shouldn't have. My goal isn't to impress you. My goal is to make you pay for setting your dirty feet in my camp. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

I play A.J. a lot as well. I also almost never take a swing at Jason unless it is to save a team mate. I also kite VERY effectively with her and generally use the slower counselors when not playing A.J. and can kite just as well with them... against some of the best Jason players I have played with. This is not to say I can do it in every game, every match is different after all... but it is not hard to do... Either way, we all die a lot in this game.
   I also never tell the slasher not to slash. That is just like telling the smoker not to smoke. Slashers will slash when told not to, just like smokers will light up another when you tell them not to smoke. No one has a right to tell others how to play the game (so long as they play within the rules), nor how to live their lives.

Full credit to you if you can kite well with AJ, especially later during a match when your stealth advantages don't let you slip away once Jason's found you. In the several months I've been playing I've probably seen one other AJ do it well. I'm often the last or second last counselor left so I get a lot of opportunities but since my stamina drops relatively quickly I can't run too long and can only jump through one or maybe two broken windows without crippling myself. Couple that with her luck/strength making her weapons either break quickly or do little damage and she simply isn't built for kiting like a Vanessa, Chad or even a Tiffany. I also generally don't use cheap hiding spots or bother running in circles around obstacles which I guess are things any counselor could do regardless of their weaknesses.

FWIW I also tell other counselors how to play even if like you say it usually doesn't help. 😝 Tiffany insisting on doing a repair right next to my far better repair counselor or a Vanessa following my stealthy counselor will get an earful from me. Those are both legit play choices as well but they're still irritating.

17 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

If somebody asks me to grab them then you better believe that I will slash instead. No way am I letting them get away with the knife they probably have, or even worse using it to get into a glitch spot. I don’t care if it’s boring. ALL of the kills are boring after playing the game for 15 months. If you don’t slash kill at least one person per round on average, then all you are doing is allowing yourself to play with a handicap that the OP counselors don’t need. And you are never going to earn that badge. 

You're gonna slash the last counselor when they're slow, limping, have no weapon, aren't near an exit, aren't close to running out the clock and haven't been taunting you? That was my situation when I gave up and asked the guy to have a little fun with my death. He'd already slashed my health away and saw that I had no spray so there wasn't even the excuse of worrying about a PK buying me time to heal myself (and even then the time it takes to heal usually leaves a slower counselor like AJ vulnerable to more slashing or a grab kill). The guy was a textbook example of a boring slasher and a quick check of his kills after the session was over confirmed that. I'm glad that most Jasons make the effort to kill with a bit more style.

4 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I slash to death anyone who tries fighting me. Because if that pocket knife was giving you all that confidence it shouldn't have. My goal isn't to impress you. My goal is to make you pay for setting your dirty feet in my camp. 

I've been seeing this a lot more when I go into combat stance this past month or so (and I usually go into combat stance when I'm cornered and thus not confident, often without a PK). Used to be most Jasons would dance with you once you challenged them but many more just go for broke and rush me now. Most rush cabins rather than trap windows/doors too. I prefer the cat and mouse game myself and always make sure to tip my cap to a Jason who outsmarted me.

Certain situations I’ll slash like when there are a bunch of counselors ganging up on me or that one Vanessa who is injured with no weapon, I’m not gonna risk a knife and spray.

Slashing is a legit killing tactic. Boring? Yes. Are there cooler kills that are way more rewarding to see? Of course. I’ve seen some kills soooo many times that it gets so monotonous (choke and head punch come to mind) but if the Jason player wants to spam those kills or slash then it’s his decision.

I rarely get slashed (unless I’m just playing like hot garbage, we’ve all had those days) because it is easy enough to keep your distance, especially since I mainly play Tiffany. Slashing doesn’t really work that well. In my own experience it is easy just to go for the grab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

You're gonna slash the last counselor when they're slow, limping, have no weapon, aren't near an exit, aren't close to running out the clock and haven't been taunting you? That was my situation when I gave up and asked the guy to have a little fun with my death. He'd already slashed my health away and saw that I had no spray so there wasn't even the excuse of worrying about a PK buying me time to heal myself (and even then the time it takes to heal usually leaves a slower counselor like AJ vulnerable to more slashing or a grab kill). 

You’re not seeing the potential strategy behind it. In your particular situation from Jason’s point of view you could still have a health spray and a knife. If you’re limping and you try to use a spray then the first thing he is going to do is cut you down while you’re using it. However, if you pretend that you are out of spray, he grabs you, he gets a pk in the neck, you get a huge boost of stamina, use your health spray (that he thought you were out of), and you have one more shot at survival. I’ve seen it before.