Get to LaChappa

Maximum Melee Attack Speed (Counselor)

Hello all! I've tried the search function, but I'm probably using improper terminology. My question is, what is the maximum "stack-able" melee attack speed bonus for counselors? Is the cap for the bonus at the higher-end of Swift Attacker bonuses? If I use another perk that has a tertiary bonus to attack speed (like Legendary Firecrackers), does it increase further? I've tested myself and sadly, I can't be too sure that it's having an effect. If anyone knows for certain, I'd be very grateful. Thanks for reading this and my sincere apologies if this is a duplicate posting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Get to LaChappa said:

I was surprised, too! I've been lurking for a while (prior to joining) so I've seen your name before and it cracked me up. Thanks for replying!

Welcome to camp, can’t give you a definitive answer unfortunately. I don’t believe it’s a duplicate topic (at least not in the last year), but it’s a good one.

I’d be interested to see a Tommy kitted out with those perks and/or any others that grant swing speed, don’t recall any off the top of my head and it’s to late in the day to check the wiki, at least for me. I will tag some people who might know for sure about your question...

@Tommy86, @GeneiJin, @Somethin Cool

Hey guys, the OP has an interesting question and I was hoping one of you had tested swing speed perks. It seemed like something that one of you might know. I got a second question too, is there a fastest Perk build that isn’t obvious, making use of negatives or something? I suddenly want it to be tomorrow so I can try out some. Thanks whoever gets back.

PS. Both your names crack me up, @Get to LaChappa and @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow.

Update: So, my prayers were answered and I rolled a substantial bonus of 5% for Slugger. I combined it with a swing speed bonus of 2% on Legendary Firecrackers and Swift Attacker of 20% and I can say, unless mine eyes deceiveth me, that it indeed has an effect on swing speed. I’m still not aware of a cap if there is one, but I’d figure it’s probably at least 1% more at what would be the hard cap (I think). Pretty cool! It’s not a game changer, per se, but it does make it possible to hit a “Can Run” Jason at a safe distance as he retreats. 

@Slasher_Clone i tested swift attacker firecrackers and sucker punch in qp last night. It's great for a quick swing to get away but I think it's a little unnecessary considering epic swift attacker will out swing Jason. I wouldn't trade thick skin or medic for firecrackers...

16 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

@Slasher_Clone i tested swift attacker firecrackers and sucker punch in qp last night. It's great for a quick swing to get away but I think it's a little unnecessary considering epic swift attacker will out swing Jason. I wouldn't trade thick skin or medic for firecrackers...

Thanks, not a Build I want to run personally but good to know. I am curious about builds off the legendary firecracker perk, just because I run and epic version on my main. 

9 hours ago, Get to LaChappa said:

Update: So, my prayers were answered and I rolled a substantial bonus of 5% for Slugger. I combined it with a swing speed bonus of 2% on Legendary Firecrackers and Swift Attacker of 20% and I can say, unless mine eyes deceiveth me, that it indeed has an effect on swing speed. I’m still not aware of a cap if there is one, but I’d figure it’s probably at least 1% more at what would be the hard cap (I think). Pretty cool! It’s not a game changer, per se, but it does make it possible to hit a “Can Run” Jason at a safe distance as he retreats. 

Sweet, glad you got a good bonus. 

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks, not a Build I want to run personally but good to know. I am curious about builds off the legendary firecracker perk, just because I run and epic version on my main. 

Sometimes I use legendaries as an alternative for meta perks. For example legendary thrasher instead of thick skin. The legendary bonuses are not as good but they're good enough to make for some creative builds that you wouldn't otherwise use. 

19 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Sometimes I use legendaries as an alternative for meta perks. For example legendary thrasher instead of thick skin. The legendary bonuses are not as good but they're good enough to make for some creative builds that you wouldn't otherwise use. 

Yeah, I cannot wait for them to change it, so I can finally spend my CP and get some legendaries. I just want to mess around too, lol. 

• Like 1