Sign in to follow this  
sillyfucka

Internet/Subscription

Hi, I only joined this site to complain, I'm not bothered about been a member here, no offence to you lot, but I do mean a lot of offence to the people who made the game Friday The 13th, I'm new to PS4, iv'e had PS1 and 2 years back, I am disgusted that you have to pay to play this game, I thought it was a bit daft that you have to have the internet to play it, but then I found out you have to pay and play against other people, how fucking stupid, why can't it be like back in the day where once you have bought a game, you simply just play it, no fucking about with subscription and internet, I can't believe it, I'm very disappointed, if you didn't have to pay to play, then I would have bought the game, it looks really good, my mate was going to get it an all but didn't for the same reason, a lot of people won't buy it because of that, it is fucking ridiculous.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, sillyfucka said:

Hi, I only joined this site to complain, I'm not bothered about been a member here, no offence to you lot, but I do mean a lot of offence to the people who made the game Friday The 13th, I'm new to PS4, iv'e had PS1 and 2 years back, I am disgusted that you have to pay to play this game, I thought it was a bit daft that you have to have the internet to play it, but then I found out you have to pay and play against other people, how fucking stupid, why can't it be like back in the day where once you have bought a game, you simply just play it, no fucking about with subscription and internet, I can't believe it, I'm very disappointed, if you didn't have to pay to play, then I would have bought the game, it looks really good, my mate was going to get it an all but didn't for the same reason, a lot of people won't buy it because of that, it is fucking ridiculous.

You don’t deserve a response but I’ll give you one anyway. Maybe you’re trapped in the past or can’t except that things change, that games evolve and that other people like playing together, with friends or strangers.

You can play this game offline, both bots and single player challenges, if this isn’t good enough, well there’s other games out there for you. 

And lastly in the spirit of your post... “get off my lawn, damn kids!” 

Its a multiplayer game. Yell at Sony if you don't like having to pay to get out to the internet. I play on PC and don't have to deal with subscription issues.

I didn't know you could play it offline, what? so you don't have to pay anything? If that's the case then I might get it after all,

they don't explain this to you in the shops, they seem to know everything about the game but told us you need the internet and have to pay,

not just one shop either, a few, and none of them mentioned the offline thing

Regardless of your feelings of having to pay to play against others, the developers of this game had nothing to do with that. They just made the game (and did a very good job). If you want to complain to someone, take badassgixxer05's advice and contact Sony. They are the ones that did away with the free online play.

9 minutes ago, sillyfucka said:

I didn't know you could play it offline, what? so you don't have to pay anything? If that's the case then I might get it after all,

they don't explain this to you in the shops, they seem to know everything about the game but told us you need the internet and have to pay,

not just one shop either, a few, and none of them mentioned the offline thing

Well it is only bots and ten Single Player Challenges. If you’re a fan of the movies the SPC’s are fantastic. 

You should know that currently save data is on their end, so if you do play offline only you may not be able to access all the Jason’s. 

If having to have ps+ or xbox live is an issue for you, you will not like the current state of video games. Wait til you find out there is stuff locked on your game until you pay for it! ( they call it DLC )

Welcome to the future!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I felt the same in the beginning (old school gamer like you) but I adapted. Unless you have shitty internet the PS4 subscription really isn’t that bad and pays for itself in the access to free games (you would have paid nothing for this game back in October!). Ultimately, at about $25 every 3 months it is cheaper than what you are likely paying for Netflix. Give it a chance. 

44 minutes ago, Ethan said:

If having to have ps+ or xbox live is an issue for you, you will not like the current state of video games. Wait til you find out there is stuff locked on your game until you pay for it! ( they call it DLC )

Welcome to the future!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that.