Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Most And Least Used Weapons You've Seen Since Weapon Swap Was Brought In...

What I've Seen...

Most

Machete - Most Iconic Weapon In The Series, Has Six Kills, Canned Animation Can Bring Down Doors Quickly As Can Combat Stance, So Non Destruction Jasons Can Use It Effectively

Meat Cleaver/Pig Splitter - Like The Machete, It Has Six Kills, Both Types Of Door Attacks Are Quick So Its Ideal For Any Jason

See Sometimes

Fire Axe - Has Cool Kills, Can Combat Stance Doors Quickly, But Its Canned Animation Is Very Slow On Doors

Trident - With The Wooden Pitchfork Likely Never To Be Added For Non Savini Jasons, I Still See This Used On A Lot Of Savinis, Can Combat Stance Doors Effectively And I Think It Still Has Its Range Bonus

Least

Battle Axe - Kills Are Ok, It Doesn't Combat Stance Doors With Consistency, Its Canned Animation Is Slow, Leaving You Vulnerable To Attack In That Animation

Pick Axe - See Battle Axe, Even Though It Has Six Kills, Unless You Use A Jason With Destruction, This Weapon Is Weak

Shears - This Weapon Has That Fast Canned Animation Bonus And The Combat Stance On Doors Consistency, But I Just Think Its Kills And Size Keep People From Using It

Wooden Axe - Suffers The Same Issues As The Other Axes With Double Handed Swing Animations, Its Too Slow Unless You Have A Jason With Destruction

Spear - I'm Surprised More Of The Playerbase Doesn't Use This Weapon As I Believe It Still Has The Range Bonus And It Can Combat Stance Doors With Some Consistency, Its Canned Animation On Doors Is Slow Though. I Have It Equipped On A Couple Jasons Currently

What Do You See Most And Least Used?

• Thanks 3

I mostly see Machetes. I agree in saying that the spear is highly underrated. I use it on Part 2 and when a running Jason has it he can really pressure people.

• Like 1

I think your list is good, can’t see anything that stands out as contrary to my experience. I do have a soft spot for the Fire Ax, the only good ax imo, it seems to swing similar to the pig splitter and machete, it’s good when facing a group but doesn’t seem as popular as it should be, the throwing kill is one of my favourites. I’ve use that kill to move in front of the car to prevent escape, so it has utility for blocking doors or moving positions during a fight which people tend not to think of.

The spear seems to get stuck even when I think it shouldn’t and so I never really perfected using it. The trident is amazing and I am definitely looking forward to fighting a hunting party with it, so far I’ve only faced one with the machete and it didn’t preform to my expectations. I did killed them, a Fox escaped in the car but she was alone and I didn’t need the cops called while I chased her. They were very efficient, got the car done, mask off, pressured the phone, called Tommy and got the sweater in the first ten minutes all while I guard the car / phone. I never even left Packanack Lodge the whole match, it felt fantastic to cut them up with Savini over and over again as they burned though every spray on the map. Sad my second match, I had to let one go.

Thanks for consistently making new fun topics, I wish I could give you a better trophy.

10 hours ago, ZillaMeister said:

I mostly see Machetes. I agree in saying that the spear is highly underrated. I use it on Part 2 and when a running Jason has it he can really pressure people.

I might try that, it seems a good fit on him. 

• Like 2

Spear and machete are the best two weapons to use. 

The shears are the funniest. 

The axes are pretty garbage. 

Most used is definitely the pig splitter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

Spear and machete are the best two weapons to use. 

The shears are the funniest. 

The axes are pretty garbage. 

Most used is definitely the pig splitter. 

I think the pig splitter is most used because it has the same advantages as the machete with more reach.

14 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I think the pig splitter is most used because it has the same advantages as the machete with more reach.

See, I think it's more the weapon grab kills that people gravitate towards it for. 

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

See, I think it's more the weapon grab kills that people gravitate towards it for. 

Definitely possible. The leg sweep leading to a head chop is a favorite of mine. I also think the Chop Suey is just a really horrifying kill. Though I'll always love the machete for The Pamela. 

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I am the Fire Axe. But this list is accurate. 

The Axe Throw is probably my favorite weapon kill in the game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Really? i used to used the pig splitter, until i found that the machete would deal damage through the window after knife throw and then window smashing a counselor as they finish climbing through. I never got this to happen with pig splitter(maybe its possible but just never tried it enought to see?). Its a huge bonus cuz its auto limp mode and death if they have no sprays early in match..

10 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Really? i used to used the pig splitter, until i found that the machete would deal damage through the window after knife throw and then window smashing a counselor as they finish climbing through. I never got this to happen with pig splitter(maybe its possible but just never tried it enought to see?). Its a huge bonus cuz its auto limp mode and death if they have no sprays early in match..

You can hit through the window with most of the weapons I believe. It's just harder with some then it is with others.