NytmereZ

People are cheating to the pacanack roof again

36 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

We didn't want it getting out because the Devs for this game have a track record of causing more problems than they fix, and there is a very real possibility of them patching Jason's way of getting up there but not the counselors, which would be another step backwards for a game

This is hilarious because I actually completely understand what you're saying. It's also hilarious because I don't think your intention was to be funny but if you look at how ridiculous what you're saying is (even though it's true), well, it's just funny. And a little sad.

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

This is hilarious because I actually completely understand what you're saying. It's also hilarious because I don't think your intention was to be funny but if you look at how ridiculous what you're saying is (even though it's true), well, it's just funny. And a little sad.

It's sad because it's true. It's like if Crystal Lake had a problem with speeders and instead of cracking down on those caught speeding, they changed it so the police can't go over 20 MPH when chasing somebody doing 90.

• Thanks 1

Last night I didn’t see any roofers, but I did run into a couple of douche bags that kept glitching into the back porch two rounds in a row. They tried to use the “survive by any means” excuse but before I left for another lobby I mocked them and said that they obviously suck at the game if they can’t survive any other way. 

@mattshotcha Players deserve a response to this exploit situation, it's seriously out of hand. But hacking and cheating in general is a joke. Let me show you this.... (no name and shame, just a bit of video). You should be able to see the player is using shift non-stop. It's pretty clear.

Hacker

This was this morning. I obviously captured it and reported this JasonKillsBugs.com. However, what I saw was seriously irritating. Not just irritating but completely unacceptable. Before the match started another player announced that this particular individual is a hacker, so it's apparently a known thing, but not only that, looking at the player's Steam profile I found multiple claims of reporting, like this "got a video of him glitching out of reach of jason r e p o r t t e i m". This quote was from April of last year, fucking APRIL! 

Why are players like this NOT being banned when it is being reported? The rest of us are following the protocol, wasting our time taking the steps to report people like this and nothing is being done! This asshole has been doing this, from what I can see, for almost a year now? 

This is bullshit and the players deserve better! @mattshotcha Can we get an official statement? Either - "This is going to be taken seriously from now on and resolved swiftly" or "Blah blah blah excuse X, so sorry, we don't actually care."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

@mattshotcha Players deserve a response to this exploit situation, it's seriously out of hand. But hacking and cheating in general is a joke. Let me show you this.... (no name and shame, just a bit of video). You should be able to see the player is using shift non-stop. It's pretty clear.

Hacker

This was this morning. I obviously captured it and reported this JasonKillsBugs.com. However, what I saw was seriously irritating. Not just irritating but completely unacceptable. Before the match started another player announced that this particular individual is a hacker, so it's apparently a known thing, but not only that, looking at the player's Steam profile I found multiple claims of reporting, like this "got a video of him glitching out of reach of jason r e p o r t t e i m". This quote was from April of last year, fucking APRIL! 

Why are players like this NOT being banned when it is being reported? The rest of us are following the protocol, wasting our time taking the steps to report people like this and nothing is being done! This asshole has been doing this, from what I can see, for almost a year now? 

This is bullshit and the players deserve better! @mattshotcha Can we get an official statement? Either - "This is going to be taken seriously from now on and resolved swiftly" or "Blah blah blah excuse X, so sorry, we don't actually care."

100 percent truth here.

What's worse is half of these lobby leaders constantly pick Packanack Small, so the odds of this nonsense happening are probably half or more.

All the more reason for a fixed map rotation, taking the power away from the lobby leader. The hackers themselves is inexcusable, but typical. They've used the playerbase as guinea pigs since launch and all it does is further confirm playtesting was nonexistant, not thorough enough or casual family and friends. No matter the answer, the results speak for themselves.

• Like 3

yeah, these cheaters/exploiters will laugh in your face too when you tell them that you are streaming and will be reporting them. The common response is this game is dead and no one ever gets banned. I know for sure a couple I have reported are still around. I usually just hop out of lobby and try to load to a different one at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

All the more reason for a fixed map rotation, taking the power away from the lobby leader. The hackers themselves is inexcusable, but typical. They've used the playerbase as guinea pigs since launch and all it does is further confirm playtesting was nonexistant, not thorough enough or casual family and friends. No matter the answer, the results speak for themselves.

You are not likely to see that happen, as players who do this will argue that they should have the right to pick the map they play on each round, even if it is the same map. I agree with you, but other than being the lobby leader and rotating the map every round (most rational people already do this), there aren't too many other options.

37 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah, these cheaters/exploiters will laugh in your face too when you tell them that you are streaming and will be reporting them. The common response is this game is dead and no one ever gets banned. I know for sure a couple I have reported are still around. I usually just hop out of lobby and try to load to a different one at this point.

It's too bad the Salt Mines didn't include glitchers as well as quitters. The problem would be solved by now if that was the case.

I will offer somewhat of a apology to TrumpWon. I get what your saying that you don't want or are afraid the devs will patch the only means of leveling the playing field to get glitchers off the roof. However all they need to do is patch the counselors way up there.Then there would be no need to get rid of Jason's way up there as he wouldn't have any reason to go up there. It just bugs me that the "WE" whomever "WE" are get to know these little tricks while the rest of us remain clueless and forced to stand there as Jason watching someone dance on the roof for 20 minutes or quit the match knowing that they are laughing at us . Doesn't as Mr.Spock says the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the "WE"?

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I will offer somewhat of a apology to TrumpWon. I get what your saying that you don't want or are afraid the devs will patch the only means of leveling the playing field to get glitchers off the roof. However all they need to do is patch the counselors way up there.Then there would be no need to get rid of Jason's way up there as he wouldn't have any reason to go up there. It just bugs me that the "WE" whomever "WE" are get to know these little tricks while the rest of us remain clueless and forced to stand there as Jason watching someone dance on the roof for 20 minutes or quit the match knowing that they are laughing at us . Doesn't as Mr.Spock says the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the "WE"?

If you patch the glitch for counselors and Jason, then no one could or would get up there. Problem solved.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

One, I never said no one else should know, I said it's not something that needs to be openly discussed in front of the whole forum.

Two, the Devs patching ONLY the counselors way of getting up there isn't going to happen. If you think it is, well... that's adorable.

Three, fuck Spock.

• Thanks 1

Then who gets to decide who knows these "tricks of the trade" is there like a secret society like a Mafia boss or something? 

@TimDuke 01 there is no secrets as if someone from here hasn’t told you how to do it, there’s always google.

The absolute twist of fate though if they only patched the counsellors way up and not Jason’s. Kill teams running up and down the road for their Twitch stream of 5 people to ‘gasm over only for Big Boi Voorhees to be on the Packanack roof. Beautiful.

Alright, a few comments here are on the border between being a bit too much and being acceptable. Keep the discussion civil without antagonizing each other. 

There's definitely enough people who agree something needs to be done about this glitch. I'd be interested to also hear whether or not they plan to do anything about it. Granted, when I see someone on the roof, I treat it as the same as them quitting the match. I just forget about them and chase the others.

Apologies Kodiak I was  trying to remain civil. The way I look at it, if I can do a simple search on Google or YouTube and find stuff it is public knowledge.It is very naïve to think the devs don't do the same to try and fix certain problems with the game especially a problem that this one is. That is why most glitches exposed on YouTube are intended for the devs to examine and try and fix.

38 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Apologies Kodiak I was  trying to remain civil. The way I look at it, if I can do a simple search on Google or YouTube and find stuff it is public knowledge.It is very naïve to think the devs don't do the same to try and fix certain problems with the game especially a problem that this one is. That is why most glitches exposed on YouTube are intended for the devs to examine and try and fix.

I'd be inclined to believe that there will eventually be a fix for stopping the lurking on the rooftops. I think a lot of people are hoping that the outdated client issue is fixed as well, so people who haven't had much luck getting into matches are appeased. When both issues are fixed, the game will be a whole lot better off.

3 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I'd be inclined to believe that there will eventually be a fix for stopping the lurking on the rooftops. I think a lot of people are hoping that the outdated client issue is fixed as well, so people who haven't had much luck getting into matches are appeased. When both issues are fixed, the game will be a whole lot better off.

Not for the counselors. How are they suppose to survive if they can't cheat and glitch?

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2019 at 10:06 AM, DasMurich said:

Hacker

You are 100% correct,  fact is that the devs haven’t cared about this game in a long time, and have  catered  this game for toxic players,1. by making Jason a Patric piñata , 2.taking away staking traps, 3.window prompts giving 3 second force fields, 4.yet another “new grab” that leaves Jason even more open for an already easy stun, 5.showing parts on the map, 6.legendary perks .... hey .. forget tbagging Jason , you can now dance  on him, (how much time do you think was wasted making the stupid emotes? , the game would have has Jason x/ Grendel. Etc... I could keep going ....  while at the same time not doing a damn thing about cheaters and glitchers, and for anyone who thinks that the salt mines exist... I have a bridge to sell you.

9 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Not for the counselors. How are they suppose to survive if they can't cheat and glitch?

The same way the rest of us do.

4 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

You are 100% correct,  fact is that the devs haven’t cared about this game in a long time, and have  catered  this game for toxic players,1. by making Jason a Patric piñata , 2.taking away staking traps, 3.window prompts giving 3 second force fields, 4.yet another “new grab” that leaves Jason even more open for an already easy stun, 5.showing parts on the map, 6.legendary perks .... hey .. forget tbagging Jason , you can now dance  on him, (how much time do you think was wasted making the stupid emotes? , the game would have has Jason x/ Grendel. Etc... I could keep going ....  while at the same time not doing a damn thing about cheaters and glitchers, and for anyone who thinks that the salt mines exist... I have a bridge to sell you.

Thats a great point , who the hell and why the hell did they come up with stupid dancing emotes ? I understand the basic commands for staying silent but dancing !

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The same way the rest of us do.

But that's not fair! Jason can grab immediately after his Shift ends, bypass pocketknives by just R2'ing the counselor to death, use fast grab-kills and choke counselors before they have the chance to break free, and he can even hear the sound of the boat being started! Glitching and cheating are too important to survival! What do you expect them to do, play  within the bounds the game was created with? That's not advanced gameplay.

2 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

What do you expect them to do, play  within the bounds the game was created with?

I don't expect anything, but it would be nice.

16 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The counselors cheat on the roof but you know that Jason cheats too?

12 hours ago, Mayday said:

The counselors cheat on the roof but you know that Jason cheats too?

That's exactly what I posted. If you're on PC I'd be willing to bet it's the same player. They're always using Part 4. 

Saw them in lobbies again yesterday so obviously still not yet banned.

2 hours ago, DasMurich said:

That's exactly what I posted. If you're on PC I'd be willing to bet it's the same player. They're always using Part 4. 

Saw them in lobbies again yesterday so obviously still not yet banned.

It must not be the same player, they have multiplied since ...
I always kill myself to be a spectator when I know that Jason is cheating. Sometimes it's funny when he can not catch the players despite his hack. 
41.gif

• Haha 1