Andra_OFFICIAL

New grab and old grab need an option to be switched

I would like to see an option for choosing which grab animation you want to use because the new grab is kinda annoying because people will try to trick you into trying to grab and hit you while you're lunging forward.I am not getting tricked anymore because I know they're baiting me but these new players and even some players who have been playing for a long time have this issue and my mask has been knocked off a few times just because I was a bit to the left or right.If it's possible to implement this with the lawsuit still going on then I am sure many players would love to see an option to switch grab animations.

I don't think such an option will come, because of the fact that the old grab is much easier to counter the bullies in this game. It would make more sense to bring back the old grab animation. I love the new one, but it's ruining the balance in my opinion.

Sweet suggestion, I like it. It doesn’t eliminate the hard work put in if we have the option to use either one. 

I was thinking that the grab should maybe depend on if you’re ‘running’ or not. So if you’re standing you get the old grab, and if you are running/fast walking you get the new one. I like your idea better though. 

11 minutes ago, Andra_OFFICIAL said:

@Slasher_Clone your idea is not bad either.I actually think that's better than my idea because it would be more realistic for Jason to lunge when moving fast and only move his arm and not lunge when slow or standing still.

I like both ideas. @Andra_OFFICIAL, you are spot on with the realism factor. Something definitely needs to be done to the grab though. It would probably be easier on the devs however to just increase the cone of the current animation. 

14 minutes ago, Andra_OFFICIAL said:

@Slasher_Clone your idea is not bad either.I actually think that's better than my idea because it would be more realistic for Jason to lunge when moving fast and only move his arm and not lunge when slow or standing still.

Ahh, thanks. I was going to post about using both grabs in the Weak Jason thread but, it fit better here. I guess I should tag @mattshotcha, and make sure he sees it. Good thread by the way.

14 hours ago, Andra_OFFICIAL said:

I would like to see an option for choosing which grab animation you want to use because the new grab is kinda annoying because people will try to trick you into trying to grab and hit you while you're lunging forward.I am not getting tricked anymore because I know they're baiting me but these new players and even some players who have been playing for a long time have this issue and my mask has been knocked off a few times just because I was a bit to the left or right.If it's possible to implement this with the lawsuit still going on then I am sure many players would love to see an option to switch grab animations.

Idk about that, the new grab is fine.. the issue with it.. is that it's slow.. and gunmedia takes like 7 months just to fix 10 things.. that they can't even fix. I say, just make it less punishable.. it's so dumb.. but they can't even fix the issues like interaction lock.. 

I like the way the new grab looks,it does need to be tweaked as mentioned the width(left and right) needs to be wider and the recovery animation if you miss needs speeded up so you don't get punished as easy for missing. The thing I like about the new grab,you don't have to lead your target as much when shift grabbing.You can shift right on their butt and grab and with that lunge you get the grab.The old one you had to get slightly ahead.