Jump to content
tombets2424

Things that should've been in the game from the start!

Recommended Posts

When you get killed or make it out alive, and the game lets you switch views between whoever is left or the camp cameras, I always wished they'd let you switch it to Jason's view.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, tombets2424 said:

@NightmareFuel

I know right! I wonder why we can't. 🤔

I'm assuming because people could cheat and tell the remaining players where Jason is and what he's doing at all times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NightmareFuel said:

I'm assuming because people could cheat and tell the remaining players where Jason is and what he's doing at all times. 

I thought this at first and this could be the main reason but, then I thought that Jason is normally following at least one person so basically, we can cheat now by saying to our friends who he is following and where he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@NightmareFuel and @tombets2424, I don’t know how it’s done, but I’ve seen more videos like this of people spectating Jason. 

I think you can spectate Jason in PM, I’d have to go double check to be sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think you can spectate Jason in PM, I’d have to go double check to be sure. 

 

5 hours ago, NightmareFuel said:

When you get killed or make it out alive, and the game lets you switch views between whoever is left or the camp cameras, I always wished they'd let you switch it to Jason's view.

 

4 hours ago, tombets2424 said:

@NightmareFuel

I know right! I wonder why we can't. 🤔

You can spectate Jason in private matches. On that note, I wish the cameras rotated. You'd get a much better ability to watch the match if they did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

 

 

You can spectate Jason in private matches. On that note, I wish the cameras rotated. You'd get a much better ability to watch the match if they did.

Thanks, it’s been awhile since I spent any time in PM’s and was questioning my own memories for a second there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn it sucks to know on how much potential this game could of had if it didn't get caught in a legal battle. We could of had so many new things that would of kept people playing for a lot longer. But as of now, some people have stopped playing because they found something else to play or because there is nothing to look forward to in the game. I miss the days when everyone would be excited to see on what new content would be coming in new updates. I hope someday there could be a sequel made so that some ideas on this forum can be used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigJay said:

Damn it sucks to know on how much potential this game could of had if it didn't get caught in a legal battle. We could of had so many new things that would of kept people playing for a lot longer. But as of now, some people have stopped playing because they found something else to play or because there is nothing to look forward to in the game. I miss the days when everyone would be excited to see on what new content would be coming in new updates. I hope someday there could be a sequel made so that some ideas on this forum can be used. 

I'm definitely hoping for a sequel that is safe from any legal actions as then it would be a really great game. However, in reality I don't know which company would be able to do it and, actually get it done right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 5:04 PM, BigJay said:

Damn it sucks to know on how much potential this game could of had if it didn't get caught in a legal battle. We could of had so many new things that would of kept people playing for a lot longer. But as of now, some people have stopped playing because they found something else to play or because there is nothing to look forward to in the game. I miss the days when everyone would be excited to see on what new content would be coming in new updates. I hope someday there could be a sequel made so that some ideas on this forum can be used. 

People will eventually stop playing a game when something better comes along. Most of us have been there at one time or another. As much as I love this game, there are others I enjoy just as much.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:08 PM, tombets2424 said:

I'm definitely hoping for a sequel that is safe from any legal actions as then it would be a really great game. However, in reality I don't know which company would be able to do it and, actually get it done right.

I'd like to see what some other companies can come up with. There is a lot of creativity out there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

People will eventually stop playing a game when something better comes along. Most of us have been there at one time or another. As much as I love this game, there are others I enjoy just as much.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:08 PM, tombets2424 said:

While this is certainly true, this game does have a good chance of staying on rotation as a game you do play. Half the games now seem to be made for playing through once, and then put it on a shelf. While I have taken breaks to play through other titles, I still consider Friday my favourite title.

On topic, this shouldn’t have been there from the start as small maps were added later but I think Jason should have been rebalanced for them when they were released. Rage is the biggest problem with small maps in my view, you can’t get it unless they fight you and once you do get it half the lobby could have escaped. I’m not trying to bitch, my personal policy on small maps is to expect 2 or 3 people to complete an objective and get away. I can wipe a small map but if either half the lobby escape or I kill them in the first third of the game, then we all have to wait for Rage to kick in for me to Sense the remaining hiders. On the Counselors side I could see a rebalance of the match timer by reducing it 3 or 4 minutes. 

I think that Small maps have become a common complaint because of this imbalance and wish it hadn’t been over looked or neglected for so long. This change could still be made and improve the health of the game long term. It would also be a good way to test if giving Jason Stalk from the start would be beneficial over all and I think the trade off is fair against the map size reduction.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

While this is certainly true, this game does have a good chance of staying on rotation as a game you do play. Half the games now seem to be made for playing through once, and then put it on a shelf. While I have taken breaks to play through other titles, I still consider Friday my favourite title.

On topic, this shouldn’t have been there from the start as small maps were added later but I think Jason should have been rebalanced for them when they were released. Rage is the biggest problem with small maps in my view, you can’t get it unless they fight you and once you do get it half the lobby could have escaped. I’m not trying to bitch, my personal policy on small maps is to expect 2 or 3 people to complete an objective and get away. I can wipe a small map but if either half the lobby escape or I kill them in the first third of the game, then we all have to wait for Rage to kick in for me to Sense the remaining hiders. On the Counselors side I could see a rebalance of the match timer by reducing it 3 or 4 minutes. 

I think that Small maps have become a common complaint because of this imbalance and wish it hadn’t been over looked or neglected for so long. This change could still be made and improve the health of the game long term. It would also be a good way to test if giving Jason Stalk from the start would be beneficial over all and I think the trade off is fair against the map size reduction.

I would likely keep this game on rotation for a long time. However, as more games of equal interest come out, one only has so much time to invest in gaming. The more games you enjoy, the more your focus is split. You are right about certain titles fitting in the "one and done" category.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Ability to mark fuse box when passing close enough when you have a walkie-talkie; only team mates who are both in range (do they have range?) and equipped with a walkie-talkie would get the fuse box marked on their map.

2) Able to see who is carrying what pocketed objective item(s) when you and the third party have found a walkie-talkie.

3) Radial quick-chat menu, rather than one for pointless emotes. I've never seen any emote used for anything but taunting Jason, how very not useful!

4) Second set of preference options purely for respawning as Tommy Jarvis. Prefer/Neutral/Prefer Not.

5) Rerolling of the Tommy Jarvis character if a player disconnects during his walk-on cutscene, or if removed for idling immediately after his cutscene ends.

6) Able to disarm Jason's traps with a plank of wood. I wouldn't expect this one to be popular.

7) More a cut rather than an addition. Remove the stagger when detecting a dead body of a player who quit within x minutes because they weren't selected to play Jason... yes, this one has got me caught a few times, and it's annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great suggestions all around!

I also would have liked to have a Jason AI as well as @Fair Play suggested and weapon switching on the map as @Dragonfire82877 already posted...those definitely should have been there day one.

I also would have liked the ability to switch back and forth to first person view...... especially in spectator mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many grea ideas. Some of you should create your own non-linear survival horror game and call it Slasher where you create your own character AND slasher from key preset elements. This was what was sorely missing from Friday from the start when every other game these days you create your own character. Use all of DBD and F13th major failures to know what not to do. Good luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Great suggestions all around!

I also would have liked to have a Jason AI as well as @Fair Play suggested and weapon switching on the map as @Dragonfire82877 already posted...those definitely should have been there day one.

I also would have liked the ability to switch back and forth to first person view...... especially in spectator mode.

POV switching would have been on my list as well.

11 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

So many grea ideas. Some of you should create your own non-linear survival horror game and call it Slasher where you create your own character AND slasher from key preset elements. This was what was sorely missing from Friday from the start when every other game these days you create your own character. Use all of DBD and F13th major failures to know what not to do. Good luck!

Although I have close to zero experience in coding, I'm taking notes from a lot of the awesome ideas here. I've got a notebook full of plans for a bunch of slasher games I couldn't release, unless I got the rights from the appropriate parties. If I ever get that kind of funding for the rights and manpower to do so, then who knows what the future holds. I'm also jotting down ideas for a generic slasher game as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the biggest thing missing would have been Create a Counselor mode. That would have been fun to toy around with. It would have been interesting to see all the different designs people would have come up with instead of watching 4 A. J.s running around with 3 Vanessas. A variety of counselor models while playing would have been a lot more visually interesting instead of duplicates. I would have done it where after I create my counselor, next would be to select who's pre-made stats you'd want to play with. This would give Jason and other counselor no idea what their strengths and weaknesses are at the beginning. A little mystery goes a long way.

Offline Counselor mode should have been there, but I heard it would have been difficult, but it still counts as it should have been there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edgar Edgelord said:

I think the biggest thing missing would have been Create a Counselor mode. That would have been fun to toy around with. It would have been interesting to see all the different designs people would have come up with instead of watching 4 A. J.s running around with 3 Vanessas. A variety of counselor models while playing would have been a lot more visually interesting instead of duplicates. I would have done it where after I create my counselor, next would be to select who's pre-made stats you'd want to play with. This would give Jason and other counselor no idea what their strengths and weaknesses are at the beginning. A little mystery goes a long way.

Offline Counselor mode should have been there, but I heard it would have been difficult, but it still counts as it should have been there.

You make an interesting point. Custom looking counselors combined with preset stat choices would have kept Jason guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Edgar Edgelord said:

I think the biggest thing missing would have been Create a Counselor mode. That would have been fun to toy around with. It would have been interesting to see all the different designs people would have come up with instead of watching 4 A. J.s running around with 3 Vanessas. A variety of counselor models while playing would have been a lot more visually interesting instead of duplicates. I would have done it where after I create my counselor, next would be to select who's pre-made stats you'd want to play with. This would give Jason and other counselor no idea what their strengths and weaknesses are at the beginning. A little mystery goes a long way.

Offline Counselor mode should have been there, but I heard it would have been difficult, but it still counts as it should have been there.

Yeah I definitely agree. It does get rather monotonous seeing the same person run by 4 times... it also decreases the experience as everyone wants to only choose the people that are strong or fast. Not many players care about working as a team or winning by using other strategies. Instead they randomly run about the map trying to all drive the car or, even worse, everyone starts to taunt Jason (thinking they're unstoppable) but then end up all dead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tombets2424 said:

Yeah I definitely agree. It does get rather monotonous seeing the same person run by 4 times... it also decreases the experience as everyone wants to only choose the people that are strong or fast. Not many players care about working as a team or winning by using other strategies. Instead they randomly run about the map trying to all drive the car or, even worse, everyone starts to taunt Jason (thinking they're unstoppable) but then end up all dead!

Everyone has a preference for their counselor of choice. It's too bad so many people are picking the same choices.

As for counselor teamwork, it is out there. How often and what kinds of teamwork all come down to the players in each match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing that should’ve been added at the beginning is random map select & weather select for offline. I’m surprised it’s not there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Edgar Edgelord said:

Another thing that should’ve been added at the beginning is random map select & weather select for offline. I’m surprised it’s not there. 

Yeah. Weird choice to make but, I guess that the developers thought that offline mode is basically some sort of training and therefore, people won't care to much about the map and just want to jump in to the gameplay. But, I agree that we should be able to choose our map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...