TommyJarvis609

Any tips for not getting killed as Jason?

Part three is GARBAGE. I've killed more part 3s than 4s. I've killed more part 4l3s than 2, 5, 6 & 9 combined. If you NEED traps that bad, go with part 2. Part 4 Jason is better in every way than part 3.

As for best Jason: i feel top three are: Savini Jason, Part 7 and Part 4. My hyper aggressive playstyle might be a factor.

1 hour ago, sedaiv said:

Part three is GARBAGE. I've killed more part 3s than 4s. I've killed more part 4l3s than 2, 5, 6 & 9 combined. If you NEED traps that bad, go with part 2. Part 4 Jason is better in every way than part 3.

As for best Jason: i feel top three are: Savini Jason, Part 7 and Part 4. My hyper aggressive playstyle might be a factor.

If you used a Jason with better shift and a few extra traps then they wouldn't make it to the cabins and you wouldn't need destruction.😉

3 hours ago, sedaiv said:

To each his own I guess. 

12 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

To each his own I guess. 

Yeah, I like Part 4 (he’s my ex-main) but he isn’t the one I would pick against a hunting party. I think Part 4 and 5 are the only ones I’ve been killed as and Roy shouldn’t have worked but did because Tommy can walk on air. 

4 hours ago, sedaiv said:

So you killed more 3s than 2, 5, 6, & 9 combined. That by no means says that he is garbage. Part 3 is a VERY popular Jason  and it wouldn’t be going out on a limb to say that on a typical night I see far more Part 3s being played than I would see a 2, 5, 6, or 9. Ergo, it makes total sense that out of all the Jasons that you have killed, most of them may have been 3s. A Jason is only as garbage as the person that plays him. 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah, I like Part 4 (he’s my ex-main) but he isn’t the one I would pick against a hunting party. I think Part 4 and 5 are the only ones I’ve been killed as and Roy shouldn’t have worked but did because Tommy can walk on air. 

I main 3, 8, and 7. I don't enjoy using the rest. I just don't understand his 3 is garbage position. But like I said, to each his own.

35 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I main 3, 8, and 7. I don't enjoy using the rest. I just don't understand his 3 is garbage position. But like I said, to each his own.

Yeah definitely a to each his own situation, my play style compliments herding people, so the running Jason’s are all better for me than the slow ones, Shifting and Morphing are for getting in position or in Shifts case attacking but most of the time I want them to know right where I am. Part 4 is only weak in the bear trap department, I can’t monitor the other objectives effectively, just the two I push people into. My impatience at watching door breaking animations means I prefer Part 4, but I can see how he’s weaker then Part 5, followed by Part 2 and finally if it’s fighting Counselors Part 3. I give the edge to Part 2 over Part 5 because the bear traps let me control the objectives, the knives are just for quick tosses or sniper strikes but they run out to fast. 

The Walking Jason’s all tend to be good in the hands of someone who plays straight to their strengths, both Part 7 and Part 8 are decent, I do like the fixes on Part 6, Part 9 still gives me the most trouble, not really sure why. It’s always fun to run from one though. 

Edit - @CountYorgaVampir, that lines up with my experience, way more Part 3’s running around then the four others you list.

Don't be afraid to slash a group.

A group want you to grab at them so they can cause serious damage to you when you land one. Slash them instead. 

Throwing Knife + Slash = Caution

If a player is foolish enough to charge you or start to close at medium range hit them with a throwing knife and if they keep coming slash them. This will knock them into caution most of the time. Even if they strike you in return and heal themselves you cost them a health spray. 

Turn away and circle.

If you land a slash turn and walk away from your opponent. If the counselor misses slash them again. You can also move left or right in an attempt to get behind your target. If you do get behind them slash them out of the game. 

Combat is clunky. 

So basically wait for your target to commit to an attack before following up with one of your own for maximum result. 

Trap the cabin. 

If you have Jason hunters in the lobby they like to boast about killing Jason most of the time like it's hard to do or something. They typically don't even try to escape because that isn't their goal. So turn your shack into a minefield. 

Shift, slash and morph.

If your enemies have everything they need to kill you use hit and run tactics. Shifting into a slash running out of range and morphing will keep your mask on. 

I do not pretend to be an expert at the game, but i have always been pretty good at avoiding being killed as Jason.

Some pointers

1. Trap the shack- It may not stop a kill squad but it will deal damage to the sweater girl and get rid of a med-spray that could come in handy later.

2. Morph to the nearest power box to the phone, knock it out and trap it- I recommend this with Jasons that do not have - traps. This way you can possibly eliminate Tommy entirely from the game, and if they want him they will have to pay to get him. You are also not far from the phone which you will likely trap anyway.

3. Grab as many pocket knives as you can- This will come in handy later if you can not get close to Tommy and the sweater girl.

4. If you notice a group teaming on you/ your mask gets taken off, then morph to the shack and hit stalk. You may catch the sweater girl out and eliminate her before she has a chance to get back to the squad and kill you. If you hear mothers call, immediately morph to the shack and focus on the sweater girl.

5. Equip a quick grab kill (Choke, head punch, throat slit with 4). Yes it may not win you any friends, but you can activate these kills quickly once you grab them, limiting the opportunity to be hit when you grab a counselor.

6. Slash groups- Grab only when you have space because they get a free hit if you grab somebody. Slashing is less risky against groups.

7. If Tommy is called and the sweater grabbed, keep your distance and use throwing knives and shift grabs. Think of it in fighting terms, you have the reach advantage, Use it!

or you can just go into the water and see the time out :🤣

12 hours ago, nazzac said:

you can just go into the water and see the time out

I’m going to assume you’re joking, it’s not a cool tactic to use. Instead go collect all you’re throwing knives and set up a cabin you want to fight them in and then bait them back to it. 

@Alien_Number_Six and @nazzac, those are some awesome play by play strategies.

11 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m going to assume you’re joking, it’s not a cool tactic to use. Instead go collect all you’re throwing knives and set up a cabin you want to fight them in and then bait hem back to it. 

Make them come to you. I like that.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 10:27 PM, CountYorgaVampir said:

So you killed more 3s than 2, 5, 6, & 9 combined. That by no means says that he is garbage. Part 3 is a VERY popular Jason  and it wouldn’t be going out on a limb to say that on a typical night I see far more Part 3s being played than I would see a 2, 5, 6, or 9. Ergo, it makes total sense that out of all the Jasons that you have killed, most of them may have been 3s. A Jason is only as garbage as the person that plays him. 

Can't change my opinions, I've played with good Jason's who came to a dead end with me. I admit, I've gotten down to my knees but the kill was botched. Had a butt clencher a two week ago. I even congratulated those guys on making my butt clench pretty thightly. 

As for knives, remember counselors will try to make you waste knives. Also, NEVER pass them up in the first place. Take a moment to look for them, grab the. Because when you have 18 knives as a part 2/3/4/7/8/9/Savini you can kind of spam knives when you Morph away then Stalk them.

1 hour ago, sedaiv said:

Can't change my opinions, I've played with good Jason's who came to a dead end with me. I admit, I've gotten down to my knees but the kill was botched. Had a butt clencher a two week ago. I even congratulated those guys on making my butt clench pretty thightly. 

As for knives, remember counselors will try to make you waste knives. Also, NEVER pass them up in the first place. Take a moment to look for them, grab the. Because when you have 18 knives as a part 2/3/4/7/8/9/Savini you can kind of spam knives when you Morph away then Stalk them.

I’ve gotten to where I skip the knives in the shack and immediately make an attempt at guessing the box for the Tommy house. Those few seconds are too precious. You can always make up for the those knives, even come back if need be. But once that radio is called there are no do-overs. 

9 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’ve gotten to where I skip the knives in the shack and immediately make an attempt at guessing the box for the Tommy house. Those few seconds are too precious. You can always make up for the those knives, even come back if need be. But once that radio is called there are no do-overs. 

People are neglecting to call Tommy more and more for some reason. I still grab those first as backtracking simply takes too long. Learning where Tommy is on maps helps to increase chance of stopping but it's easiee to just kill females who are usually weaker.

Yesterday they tried to kill me 2 times without success. Use part 3 with the death of the butcher direct to the sweater and the knives to avoid being killed hahaha. Part 3 is very useful for those battles. use the shift and attack

20 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

People are neglecting to call Tommy more and more for some reason. I still grab those first as backtracking simply takes too long. Learning where Tommy is on maps helps to increase chance of stopping but it's easiee to just kill females who are usually weaker.

How are they usually weaker? The  almost universally recognized strongest counselor is Vanessa.

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

How are they usually weaker? The  almost universally recognized strongest counselor is Vanessa.

I don't have difficulty with her. Chad is the one I have difficulty with because of his damn Luck. Vanessa isn't hard to shift grab with a Normal/Fast Shift Jason. If I'm playing part 4 then I'd agree with you. But I think Fox is WAY better than Vanessa. Better strength & Repair so she can get out WAY easier.

First trap your house (if the trap goes off and tommy is not on the scene then shift in and kill after they grab the sweater.if he has been called and you still have your mask be very careful and shift to the shack and try to keep them inside while placing more traps at the door.there is not enough room for the kill behind Jason’s mothers head so try to get them in that corner)

look for tommy house and kill the generator near it and place a trap

see how many females are in the lobby and start killing them.if there is only two girls then make sure that you kill them both before anyone else.

use your block and grab  

if your mask is off try to fight them in close quarters and fight through door jams and inside houses where they won’t have enough room to do the kill  

Learn where tommy spawn locations are and check your map frequently after you kill the second person.no tommy no kill

try to make sure that there are things around you so they can’t knock you on your knees(rock,hill,fence,walls)

Use side shift for better shift accuracy 

seperate them and make them come to you.never go to the main road 

and even after all this,you’ll most likely still die to a good group of players  

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 1:44 AM, CountYorgaVampir said:

I do that at times, depending on the counselors chosen in the match.

16 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

First trap your house (if the trap goes off and tommy is not on the scene then shift in and kill after they grab the sweater.if he has been called and you still have your mask be very careful and shift to the shack and try to keep them inside while placing more traps at the door.there is not enough room for the kill behind Jason’s mothers head so try to get them in that corner)

see how many females are in the lobby and start killing them.if there is only two girls then make sure that you kill them both before anyone else.

use your block and grab  

if your mask is off try to fight them in close quarters and fight through door jams and inside houses where they won’t have enough room to do the kill  

Learn where tommy spawn locations are and check your map frequently after you kill the second person.no tommy no kill

try to make sure that there are things around you so they can’t knock you on your knees(rock,hill,fence,walls)

These are all interesting nuggets of wisdom.

Heres a few others I forgot to mention:

Stay calm. Don't get flustered or start panicking, that's how you make easily-avoided mistakes.

"Death squads" sometimes call the police as a way to lure you to the exit once they show up. They also sometimes drive around in a car to entice you into stopping it, then activate the sweater when they get out.

It is not cowardly to intentionally teleport away from the group for the purposes of watching them through Stalk+Sense, but it IS cowardly to run into the lake and stay there. A p5 did that last night at Pinehurst. He killed me, then Tommy, sweater-girl, and the rest of the lobby showed up. He ran into the lake with only the top of his head above water and stayed there for almost 15 minutes. 

Be very careful about stepping in bear-traps. Not only do they damage you, they leave you vulnerable to attack while you're breaking free of them.

If you chase counselors inside a cabin, get into combat stance and hold block when moving from room to room.

Most importantly, if someone should happen to steal the sweater you should immediately stop what you're doing and relentlessly hunt their ass down. Pretend your a zombie (kinda easy to do if you main 6,7,8,9,or S) and sweater-girl is the last living person left on Earth. You want her brains. In fact, you NEED her brains. If you don't get them, you're going to re-die. Those other people you see running around? Yeah, they're just more zombies. Ignore them, they're not doing anything important. Quit fucking around with them and go back to brain-hunting. If she runs into a cabin, break the door down. If she runs to another cabin break that door down too. If she runs into ALL the cabins, break ALL the doors down. Those brains will not eat themselves and if you don't get your ass in gear she's going to escape and then guess who's going back to the graveyard? Yep, you...

Ok maybe that's a bad analogy, but you get the point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Ok maybe that's a bad analogy, but you get the point.

I like it, and good advice. 

17 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Also good advice.

Between the two of you, you covered everything, this is the best little guide I’ve read. 

I’m glad this topic got such a good response. @TommyJarvis609 Thanks for starting the thread. 

17 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

use your block and grab  

Pointless to trap the shack, imo. 

Most kill squad games I've been involved none of us go in the shack until Tommy has arrived and he just PKs the trap nullifying the point of it.  Even more pointless to put multiple traps around the entrance, PK one and you can get by the others. 

The rest of your tips here are spot on though. 

If you're in a kill squad game, once Tommy has arrived on the scene, morph back to your shack.  Go inside.  Hide the corner in front of the sweater.  Activate sense and see where people are, if you see a group of one or two coming towards then activate stalk and just stand still.  

Have caught a few potential sweater thieves completely off guard with doing this.  

Even if it's 2-3 coming into the sweater room, the animation of them being scared gives you enough time to kill the first person through.  You just turn and hit X as there is an environmental kill right next to you on the wall.  

If the person you grab has a PK, then it becomes some complete chaos inside the shack 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:44 AM, CountYorgaVampir said:

I do this no matter what.I've gotten pretty good at memorizing the radio house spawns. They do follow certain patterns if you really pay attention to where all the objectives spawn.The tower also appears in the opening video on some maps so you know where it is by that alone. The power box nearest the phone doesn't always control the radio house either so you can't rely on that strategy. Trapping the shack? yeah but even if the trap is dead center of the door a experienced player can still get by it more often than not without using a pocket knife. In my opinion it's sad that this topic even had to be started. It should be dang near impossible to kill Jason even grouping up to do so. I still mess up on the radio spawns but I usually get it first morph about 75% of the time. Jarvis and Pinehurst the radio spawns are much harder to determine but those don't get played that often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

In my opinion it's sad that this topic even had to be started. It should be dang near impossible to kill Jason even grouping up to do so.

This times 1000. I'd never thought I'd see the day a thread like this had to be created. But they nerfed Jason's grab back in October 2017, which lead to all this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

Pointless to trap the shack, imo. 

Most kill squad games I've been involved none of us go in the shack until Tommy has arrived and he just PKs the trap nullifying the point of it.  Even more pointless to put multiple traps around the entrance, PK one and you can get by the others. 

The rest of your tips here are spot on though. 

If you're in a kill squad game, once Tommy has arrived on the scene, morph back to your shack.  Go inside.  Hide the corner in front of the sweater.  Activate sense and see where people are, if you see a group of one or two coming towards then activate stalk and just stand still.  

Have caught a few potential sweater thieves completely off guard with doing this.  

Even if it's 2-3 coming into the sweater room, the animation of them being scared gives you enough time to kill the first person through.  You just turn and hit X as there is an environmental kill right next to you on the wall.  

If the person you grab has a PK, then it becomes some complete chaos inside the shack 

I disagree. Anything and everything you can do to deprive counselors of health, teammates, or resources is worth doing. If Tommy PKs the trap, that's one less PK they can stab you with. If he tanks the trap, that's one less FAS that could have been used to heal himself or someone else. 

• Like 1