Andra_OFFICIAL

I'm having problems with matchmaking

I play on PS4 and I noticed that I need 4-5 minutes to find a server and sometimes there's not even 3 people in the server I join and this wasn't happening before so can someone help me fix this

Same here playing on PS4 but unable to find dedicated servers. It just goes from "Searching for Dedicated servers" to "Searching session for room" to "search cooldown" rinse and repeat until it puts me in a P2P room that nobody ever joins.

1 hour ago, Andra_OFFICIAL said:

@ken9ru43 I know I can do that but it will just do search cooldown whenever I come across a server before 4 minutes have passed.

Never had a problem with joining a match, I can either get in, or if it takes a few minutes i can cancel and get in another lobby.

Maybe its your connection, try restarting the modem. I know gun medias servers are probably screwy.

57 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Same here playing on PS4 but unable to find dedicated servers. It just goes from "Searching for Dedicated servers" to "Searching session for room" to "search cooldown" rinse and repeat until it puts me in a P2P room that nobody ever joins.

Never had a problem on the PS4 with dedicated servers. I just have that problem on xbox one. I think there are actually no real dedicated servers on xbox one. Just hosts, and if they quit the game ends. It can be a lagfest on xbox as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ken9ru43 said:

Never had a problem with joining a match, I can either get in, or if it takes a few minutes i can cancel and get in another lobby.

Maybe its your connection, try restarting the modem. I know gun medias servers are probably screwy.

Never had a problem on the PS4 with dedicated servers. I just have that problem on xbox one. I think there are actually no real dedicated servers on xbox one. Just hosts, and if they quit the game ends. It can be a lagfest on xbox as well.

Before the patch it was never a problem (for me) to find games, it usually took 30-60 seconds for the game to put me in a lobby but now doesn't matter how many times I restart the search it just won't work at all.

Funny thing is I own the game for steam as well and I can find games problem free there. So the patch messed something up with the console netcode (for some people outside of the US).

On 12/22/2018 at 11:20 PM, mike-hannigan said:

Before the patch it was never a problem (for me) to find games, it usually took 30-60 seconds for the game to put me in a lobby but now doesn't matter how many times I restart the search it just won't work at all.

Funny thing is I own the game for steam as well and I can find games problem free there. So the patch messed something up with the console netcode (for some people outside of the US).

That sucks it doesnt work on ps4 for you. I feel your pain lol.

Thats good it works on PC, I heard pc is the lowest playerbase though

On 12/22/2018 at 11:20 PM, mike-hannigan said:

So the patch messed something up with the console netcode (for some people outside of the US).

The patch messed up match making for PS4 users as a whole, even in the US. It’s just not as bad in the US as in other regions. The problem has been reported and they said they are working on a solution. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

The patch messed up match making for PS4 users as a whole, even in the US. It’s just not as bad in the US as in other regions. The problem has been reported and they said they are working on a solution. 

I see. On monday, matchmaking was miraculously working for me but it wasn't pairing me with people from my region but with people from the US which resulted in me having a yellow ping color. 

Tried again today and matchmaking does not work anymore (for me). Played the restart matchmaking game for 20 minutes then gave up. 

5 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Патч испортил создание матчей для пользователей PS4 в целом, даже в США. В США все не так плохо, как в других регионах. О проблеме сообщили, и они сказали, что работают над решением. 

how long should we wait? Again month or maybe two? This is a serious problem the game does not work and they are still studying

5 hours ago, Nibori said:

how long should we wait? Again month or maybe two? This is a serious problem the game does not work and they are still studying

I can’t answer that. All we have been told is the issue has been reported, they know about it and are trying to resolve the issue.

@mattshotcha, do you know, or can you see if any progress has been made on the PS4 matchmaking problems since the November patch?

• Like 1

I've been feeding the devs info on this issue as I've experienced them. I have gotten a "thank you", a "we are searching for a solution" and a "trying to re-create the problem" -replies.

Funny thing is that this issue has been around since day one of the latest patch, and its been way over a month now. You would think that a hotfix was their first priority. Am I wrong..?

I'm starting to fear that this is the begining of the end, and no fixes on this issue are even coming. I remember awhile back when Wes was "joking" about the server costs... I mean this issue hasn't even been properly adressed! Alot of people are tuning out simply because they can't play anymore (no servers, empty lobbies). That is the single biggest problem. If you seriously wanted to keep the game alive, you would also think that maintaining the current playerbase is a crucial aspect on the longivety of this game.

Honesty goes a long way and the dev department could give us an update as to where we are on this issue, and is there a fix coming or not!

I am pissed right now.

Edit. Added @mattshotcha 

Edited by lasse_hei
  • Like 1