On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

I think the tournament idea is a bit unfair. Reasoning being RNG. Someone may get a map like Crystal Lake small and have all the car parts start in the two houses next to four seater. It gets fixes before Jason even has shift. Then someone gets Jarvis or Pinehurst and has an easy wipe due to distances and lacl of teamwork. 

Not trying to be a dick or anything, just saying my feelings on tournaments in this game. I honestly like the idea of tourneys, but think the RNG is a bit unfair and luck of spawns would decide too much

RNG is a bitch... but there are ways to overcome certain aspects of it... for these purposes at least. Preliminaries to eliminate players that cannot play well with others, no small maps allowed... and escapes from Jarvis and Pinehurst are not a rarity with a good team, but these maps should be saved for the finals... when it is down to players that are good at working as a team. Car escapes before Jason's first shift can and do happen on large maps as well. The only hard part about pulling it off is convincing others to forego the speed looting of every house on the map first.
   But, as this is not a competitive game in the same way as other games, I was not thinking that surviving the most games makes one 'the best'... nor does killing everyone as Jason. Points can be given for accomplishments towards the team... and even a player that dies in every match can still win with his efforts leading to more escapes than others... or keeping their fear down longest... the least time spent in proximity to Jason, or even the most time spent close to him and still surviving… distracting the big guy should be worth points too... stuff like that. 
   Too often I have heard others laughing and telling people they suck because they died first... while the other players escape due solely to the efforts of this player who 'sucks'. Everyone dies first sometimes, but who contributed more to the team? The best players are the ones whose efforts lead to more team mates escaping... they are not necessarily the players who actually escape.

How to give points to Jason is another matter... shortest times between kills... number of knife throws that hit their target... shortest distance covered with the use of shift gains more points, whether they successfully grabbed someone coming out of shift or not.... There are many ways to overcome certain problems that may make a tournament seem unfair, if one puts their mind to it. 
   Either way, it was just a suggestion... and I in no way took your post as you being a dick... As per usual, you simply call it like you see it.

Getting people to play well as a team is outside of many player's comfort zones, but should still be encouraged both in gameplay and in real life... for reasons that are obvious to all, but denied by many.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 10:36 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

I think the tournament idea is a bit unfair. Reasoning being RNG. Someone may get a map like Crystal Lake small and have all the car parts start in the two houses next to four seater. It gets fixes before Jason even has shift. Then someone gets Jarvis or Pinehurst and has an easy wipe due to distances and lacl of teamwork. 

Not trying to be a dick or anything, just saying my feelings on tournaments in this game. I honestly like the idea of tourneys, but think the RNG is a bit unfair and luck of spawns would decide too much

@TheHansonGoons They would also take forever to run. I watched one Jason tourney with points as a system and getting one match done took like an hour. The tournament itself lasted a week I thought about playing but it would take too long. They would always need like 6 competent counselors and people would just leave all the time. I wouldn't mind to play in a king of the hill style event or game mode. Where if the Jason player is playing really good he never gets off his spot. It would be great for grinding Jason games. 

@TheHansonGoons I too was looking forward to the weekly challenges/community events, really sucks that they have never happened. However if they were to be, you are correct that the majority of us who have played either from launch or shortly after have already maxed out our levels and gotten all the tapes, dlc and perk rolled to death lol. In-game rewards would definitely be a difficult line to walk as they would be limited as to what they could do. Due to the lawsuit their only options are Xp/Cp, tape drops and offering dlc for those who may not have it yet. One thing i would love in regards to the events as an in game re-ward would be a special badge or identifier that shows you did it.

I am all for outside rewards such as Funko/Neca figures, t-shirts, signed posters and other other possible swag. My only issue with these types of prizes is the likelyhood of anyone outside of the U.S. being not able to participate due to shipping limitations. This happened with their big giveaway they were doing over twitter not that long ago. Even being in Canada and right next to the U.S. i couldn't enter to try to win some of those cool prizes. So if they were to let's say offer similar prizes that were to be shipped to winners, it would need to be open to everyone not just one country.

That is just my thoughts though

• Like 1

Problem is they were distancing themselves away from the community long before any news of a lawsuit ever threatened the game. So with the communication issues, it never seemed like this would seriously get off the ground.

Combine that with the overwhelming negativity they received over time (and with good reason for a lot of it) and this was never something that was ever going to be of serious consideration. Hell look at Randy, he more or less stopped streaming the game early in the year. If I recall, he didn't even stream the last major event in the early part of the year. There was always some sort of excuse week to week, then it just sort of died out without much of any explanation.

• Like 1

At this point, any kind of community events might have to be organized by members of the community. The rewards for such events would also have to be provided by the members.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:43 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

@Bropollocreed79 do you hear this blasphemy of the good name LaChappa?? 😄

I like where you guys are going with the silly challenges. Get people to play out of their comfort zones and maybe encourage team play a bit more. 

If only they had created community badges to unlock by synching profiles and checking how many escapes as "x counselor"

There are no bad LaChappas, just bad LaChappa players.

Yes, I know this is almost a month old, but I've been busy:

zcKYOyp.jpg

The important part of this picture is the bottle of Ardberg on the table near the top.  As a "thank you" to the guy whose shop this is, I brought a new bottle along.

It was gone in three hours.

SHOJYbe.jpg

Why, look at that handsome fellow!

zdHIdNr.jpg

It pays to have a buddy who owns his own welding shop.

See, dammit, now I have to roll with LaChappa tonight instead of Arthur Morgan.

I blame you for what happens next, @TheHansonGoons.  I.  BLAME. YOU.

• Haha 1