They were coming soon over a year ago. I was so excited for that. Trying to achieve certain number of Jason kills, or boat escapes, specific kills or whatever it may have been as a community. 

We obviously still dont have those. Kudos on the great idea though, honestly.

Say they did somehow come to fruition, what would be some rewards you would want to see now since we wont ever get new content?

I personally could care less about bonus CP or tape drops. Have all tapes, badges and 500kCP that will never get rolled.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

They were coming soon over a year ago. I was so excited for that. Trying to achieve certain number of Jason kills, or boat escapes, specific kills or whatever it may have been as a community. 

We obviously still dont have those. Kudos on the great idea though, honestly.

Say they did come somehow come to fruition, what would be some rewards you would want to see now since we wont ever get new content?

I personally could care less about bonus CP or tape drops. Have all tapes, badges and 500kCP that will never get rolled.

@mattshotcha any insights as to the future of this exciting/yet never brought to fruition idea?

I still need several tapes mostly tommy ones....I seem to have terrible luck during the double tape drop events never seem to find them ....

I would have to check on this type of thing. Not sure where it lands in the current situation with F13 and everything. I'll add it to my list and follow up when I have more info. 

In the meantime, let's hear some of those ideas. I'm sure there is some great conversation to be had here.

• Thanks 1

One idea I had was a community giveaway. Gun. always seems to get cool swag. I think it would be nice if we completed some events, maybe do a giveaway. Problem is only one person wins there. 

Its hard to think of in game rewards for everyone.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

One idea I had was a community giveaway. Gun. always seems to get cool swag. I think it would be nice if we completed some events, maybe do a giveaway. Problem is only one person wins there. 

Its hard to think of in game rewards for everyone.

Choice of kill packs / Costumes.... dance packs, signed posters/ t- shirts, signed goodies....Blu-Rays ? Neca figures ? Merchandise ? mugs ? Masks ?The list could go on and on..

I like the give away idea @TheHansonGoons definitely worth giving some thought to it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Choice of kill packs / Costumes.... dance packs, signed posters/ t- shirts, signed goodies....Blu-Rays ? Neca figures ? Merchandise ? mugs ? Masks ?The list could go on and on..

I like the give away idea @TheHansonGoons definitely worth giving some thought to it 

My thoughts exactly on the giveaway. There is a ton of merch I would love to win. Most of all would be the Ghoulish Gary Pullin poster signed by everyone possible(doubt its making its way to Kane Hodder, Tom Savini, or Harry Manfredini). Or even a Slasher Edition would be cool. But if goals are low, give away dlc packs as you said. Its something to strive for and get people excited.

• Like 2

Maybe it could've been an exclusive kill that only the winner(s) got. Nothing overly difficult but still worth playing for. So many possibilities. 

8 hours ago, C Atkins said:

Maybe it could've been an exclusive kill that only the winner(s) got. Nothing overly difficult but still worth playing for. So many possibilities. 

First, I love your picture.

I would love new kills, but I didnt suggest that as they cannot make new content. That is why the in-game rewards would walk such a fine line.

Most common rewards would be(unless someone else can come up with doable in-game rewards)

Better chances of rare perks

Double XP

Increased tape drops

However, to a lot of us that have been playing it since launch dont need or care about any of those three. It definitely helps the newer players though.

It would be cool though if they set up a goal (X amount of Jason Kills) and everyone that played in the timespan got some reward. An equipable Jason mask costume or something like that. Something to identify the player had participated. Obviously that one is out of the question though.

I guess... a lot of people like Funko Pop! And NECA figures. 

T-shirts make a lot of sense because the winner is excited for a shirt, but its also a walking advertisement. Mutual reward there.

Another thing they could do is make a poster out of unique fan art. The fan gets their art appreciated at the utmost level(so their bond with thr company grows) and the player wins something unique(which they then tell friends about). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I wonder if we’ll get a Christmas present, any of the things you listed, ei. Tape drops, costumes? 

I see something like 25000 CP being a logical Christmas present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I see something like 25000 CP being a logical Christmas present.

Sounds about right, and not a bad way to kick off the holidays.

• Like 1

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Sounds about right, and not a bad way to kick off the holidays.

Amen to that.

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. Street Trash is the fairy tale version of my life. 

I completely blanked on the "no new content" deal. Oops.  I'm still missing a few tapes and 25000 CP would be amazing as well. I vote for any of those. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C Atkins said:

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. Street Trash is the fairy tale version of my life. 

I completely blanked on the "no new content" deal. Oops.  I'm still missing a few tapes and 25000 CP would be amazing as well. I vote for any of those. 

The perfect Christmas gift to the players would be 25000 CP and increased tape drops / XP / CP for the week of Christmas.

Who is with me on that one?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Survive Pinehurst with Eric.

50,000cp

Survive with Jenny by boat at Higgins Haven. 

60,000cp

Kill all councilors on Packanack Small as Jason. 

70,000cp

You get the idea. 

Dead by Daylight does something similar. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The perfect Christmas gift to the players would be 25000 CP and increased tape drops / XP / CP for the week of Christmas.

Great idea... but instead of just the tape drops... perhaps increased chance of legendary perks as well... with a much higher chance than normal on both?... I still need some Tommy Tapes and always had bad luck on those increased tape drop events... Except the last one, I found a few in that event.

@TheHansonGoons T - shirts and the unique fan art poster... are great ideas. I am always looking to add to my T - shirt collection... How about some unique fan art on the T - shirts as well? There is some awesome fan art out there.

@mattshotcha Has Gun Media ever tried to get a tournament going on a given platform? Prizes similar to what The Hanson Goons suggested would seem appropriate for something like that... or perhaps a replica mask from any of the movies?
   A live stream following the most interesting action of the game instead of one specific player at a time would be fitting and much more interesting than just watching one player... Perhaps some replays for the awesome action that was missed while following the funny guy around for a laugh... I would watch it.
   Perhaps it should have specific goals to keep it from being nothing but Jason kills? With how easy it is to kill Jason right now... a tournament to find a #1 Jason could be difficult if he is killed in pretty much every match... which I could see happening with certain players involved... @GeneiJin… I am looking in your direction.
   But what would terms of victory for the #1 Jason or counselor be?... We would have to have a winner on both sides after all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Great idea... but instead of just the tape drops... perhaps increased chance of legendary perks as well... with a much higher chance than normal on both?... I still need some Tommy Tapes and always had bad luck on those increased tape drop events... Except the last one, I found a few in that event.

@TheHansonGoons T - shirts and the unique fan art poster... are great ideas. I am always looking to add to my T - shirt collection... How about some unique fan art on the T - shirts as well? There is some awesome fan art out there.

@mattshotcha Has Gun Media ever tried to get a tournament going on a given platform? Prizes similar to what The Hanson Goons suggested would seem appropriate for something like that... or perhaps a replica mask from any of the movies?
   A live stream following the most interesting action of the game instead of one specific player at a time would be fitting and much more interesting than just watching one player... Perhaps some replays for the awesome action that was missed while following the funny guy around for a laugh... I would watch it.
   Perhaps it should have specific goals to keep it from being nothing but Jason kills? With how easy it is to kill Jason right now... a tournament to find a #1 Jason could be difficult if he is killed in pretty much every match... which I could see happening with certain players involved... @GeneiJin… I am looking in your direction.
   But what would terms of victory for the #1 Jason or counselor be?... We would have to have a winner on both sides after all.

I would say fix some things with the game first, then plan on some kind of community tournament of sorts for each platform.

I like the idea of fan-generated materials as prizes.

• Like 2

Maybe a community stream, we could do one per platform for three weeks @Ahab, @Fair Play. We could set it up through the forum mid week and see if we can get some good matches recorded. Then if Gun. was willing to shell out for an editors salary on the fourth week we could have a mini movie night on the forums. If people like it we could then start having goals attached to each week. I don’t know if anyone else would be interested but it could be fun. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'm in!

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Maybe a community stream, we could do one per platform for three weeks @Ahab, @Fair Play. We could set it up through the forum mid week and see if we can get some good matches recorded. Then if Gun. was willing to shell out for an editors salary on the fourth week we could have a mini movie night on the forums. If people like it we could then start having goals attached to each week. I don’t know if anyone else would be interested but it could be fun.

I'll stock up on the popcorn for that one.

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

I think the tournament idea is a bit unfair. Reasoning being RNG. Someone may get a map like Crystal Lake small and have all the car parts start in the two houses next to four seater. It gets fixes before Jason even has shift. Then someone gets Jarvis or Pinehurst and has an easy wipe due to distances and lacl of teamwork. 

Not trying to be a dick or anything, just saying my feelings on tournaments in this game. I honestly like the idea of tourneys, but think the RNG is a bit unfair and luck of spawns would decide too much

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think the tournament idea is a bit unfair. Reasoning being RNG. Someone may get a map like Crystal Lake small and have all the car parts start in the two houses next to four seater. It gets fixes before Jason even has shift. Then someone gets Jarvis or Pinehurst and has an easy wipe due to distances and lacl of teamwork. 

Not trying to be a dick or anything, just saying my feelings on tournaments in this game. I honestly like the idea of tourneys, but think the RNG is a bit unfair and luck of spawns would decide too much

Agreed.  It's not really a competitive game in that sense.

I'd rather community events have some sort of special theme, like LaChappas only or no first aid sprays or Shelley comes in as Tommy.  In other words, goofy stuff that would add some fun/silliness to the game.  That's what this game is really all about...having a good time while being killed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Agreed.  It's not really a competitive game in that sense.

I'd rather community events have some sort of special theme, like LaChappas only or no first aid sprays or Shelley comes in as Tommy.  In other words, goofy stuff that would add some fun/silliness to the game.  That's what this game is really all about...having a good time while being killed.

I could be persuaded into going along with a fun or silly challenges. It doesn’t have to be all serious, we could have a little fun with it. 

56 minutes ago, TommysMightyChin said:

LaChappa coming in as Tommy would be hilarious, expecting some 10/10 superman and getting...LaChappa. No offense intended Mr LaChappa.

@Bropollocreed79 do you hear this blasphemy of the good name LaChappa?? 😄

I like where you guys are going with the silly challenges. Get people to play out of their comfort zones and maybe encourage team play a bit more. 

If only they had created community badges to unlock by synching profiles and checking how many escapes as "x counselor"

• Thanks 3