Sign in to follow this  
NightmareFuel

The sequel!

I'm aware of all the goings on with the lawsuit and they can't put out new content ect ect.

If things became settled, could a company make another game? 

Sorry if this has been asked, I searched around a bit and didn't see anything in regards to a "Friday the 13th Part 2" game.

I know they're done with this one, but could they just redo it and make it better? Add new maps, Jasons, ect.

This game sold well dispite being developed on a shoestring budget. When the lawsuit ends we could see a sequel. But who knows when that will happen. 

Someone down the road will probably take another crack at a game for this franchise, once the lawsuit eventually settles.

It would also be nice to see a decent attempt at a game based on any of the other well-known franchises out there.

• Like 1

At this point, a sequel is probably all we ever have a chance of getting. I doubt anything else will be put into this one. I personally would like to see Gun put out the sequel. They were very loyal to the franchise (something I don’t see happening from AAA developer).

I would really like to see what they could put together with a little more financial backing then Kickstarter is able to provide.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Grape said:

At this point, a sequel is probably all we ever have a chance of getting. I doubt anything else will be put into this one. I personally would like to see Gun put out the sequel. They were very loyal to the franchise (something I don’t see happening from AAA developer).

I would really like to see what they could put together with a little more financial backing then Kickstarter is able to provide.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you. Gun has it's problems,  but we still got a hell of a fun game. If they could have afforded a better dev team who knows how much better this game could have been.

For PR purposes, it would be best to make a new game. If a new developer fixed up this game, no matter how well it improves, it still has a bad reputation that I don't believe can be fixed. Better to hype up a new game with the hopes that they learn from previous mistakes.

9 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Why make a sequel? The game after this lawsuit just needs DLCs and that's it ill support the game no matter what.

Depending on the length of time this lawsuit goes on, a sequel would be a much better choice. A new game could improve on things that were done in this one, and make for a better product on the market. Sequels normally turn out better than originals in video game franchises, most of the time.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Depending on the length of time this lawsuit goes on, a sequel would be a much better choice. A new game could improve on things that were done in this one, and make for a better product on the market. Sequels normally turn out better than originals in video game franchises, most of the time.

My thoughts exactly. 

10 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Why make a sequel? The game after this lawsuit just needs DLCs and that's it ill support the game no matter what.

Because no matter how many DLC´s they do, it won´t come back even close as strong as a new game with a new dev/publisher. I don´t know about consoles but on PC it´s like 500 people and lower.

With DLC´s, if they are free, you will get back like 2K max. Who will disappear again as soon as they see that people can still troll, abuse, cheat and no one cares about it from the devs side. And then there is ofc the bugs and glitches. Like the roof glitch is back. With a performance like that you could give away the game for free and it would be under 1K soon after that again.

I wouldn´t touch a sequel where Gun or Illfonic are involved (No clue about the new guys). And i won´t bother with this anymore no matter how much free dlc´s they push out.