So I’m wondering what are the best weapons to be swapped for Jason. Because I Hear that the spear is good for range but is bad at smashing windows and breaking doors slowly ( even you should combat stance to break doors ). And someone thing like machete has little range but can break windows better and doors faster. So I was wondering if anyone had any opions on what they like to use?

1 minute ago, BlazedupG said:

So I’m wondering what are the best weapons to be swapped for Jason. Because I Hear that the spear is good for range but is bad at smashing windows and breaking doors slowly ( even you should combat stance to break doors ). And someone thing like machete has little range but can break windows better and doors faster. So I was wondering if anyone had any opions on what they like to use?

Welcome to camp, go do an introduction when you’ve got a second.

Personally I think the fire ax has the best over all utility, the machete doesn’t consistently break windows, the Ax seems to though if you line it up with we’re the head swings. I also have an easier time corralling Counselors with it, sure it isn’t as nice to look at as other weapons but it has some good kills.  

The pig splitter is probably my favourite overall, followed by the fire ax and machete. I never got used to the spears swing so I can’t compare it fairly, but just the fact that it is so different from the others makes it hard to master. On exceptionally good Jason’s spears are very dangerous, but most don’t use it effectively so it loses any advantage from intimidation if a player knows you miss a lot or take too long to break down doors with it.

I’m interested to see what some of our members who do testing have to say, they’re making want to buy another PS4 so I can join the fun, lol. 

Welcome to the forums!

The pig splitter, is usually my main. The fire-axe, pick-axe and machete are my random choices. 

• Like 1

The pig splitter is my personal favorite. A close second is the fire axe. Both have good range and break the doors down quickly.

Welcome @BlazedupG. I currently use the pig splitter. The spear was my main for a few months after I got to level 113. The main benefit with the spear is the range, especially when you are getting attacked by a mob. It breaks the doors of the cabins down as efficiently as the rest of the weapons as long as you are holding the attack button down during the process and not trying to use combat stance. As for breaking windows, it's terrible unless you use the prompt to do so. Taking random swings to break the window most of the time will not work. Besides that, every weapon in the game has it's own unique benefits, but I will not use Roy's shears. The shears is the most boring weapon in the game in my opinion.

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

The pig splitter is my personal favorite. A close second is the fire axe. Both have good range and break the doors down quickly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the amount of time it takes to break a door down is dependent upon which Jason you use and not the weapon, right? For example, Jason 4, Jason 8 and Savini are the three swing door busters because of +destruction?

Just now, Dragonfire82877 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the amount of time it takes to break a door down is dependent upon which Jason you use and not the weapon, right? For example, Jason 4, Jason 8 and Savini are the three swing door busters because of +destruction?

You’re right destruction is tied to Jason not the weapon.

Combat stance spear used on a Part 4 or 8 knocks down doors in literally 3 seconds. 

I'd assume the Trident on Savini is the same. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Yes. The swinging animation is faster on some weapons though. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BlazedupG said:

I like to use the Pig Splitter on part 3. Pig splitter, Machete, and Sheers are the fastest at door breaking and with +Destruction, it takes only 3 hits to tear down a barricated door. Even witout Destruction, the six swings go faster with something like the pig splitter.

9 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I like to use the Pig Splitter on part 3. Pig splitter, Machete, and Sheers are the fastest at door breaking and with +Destruction, it takes only 3 hits to tear down a barricated door. Even witout Destruction, the six swings go faster with something like the pig splitter.

Part 3 with the pig splitter is my favorite combo at the moment. 

20 hours ago, SirMang said:

Combat stance spear used on a Part 4 or 8 knocks down doors in literally 3 seconds. 

I'd assume the Trident on Savini is the same. 

Yes, Savini is the same. Also, the trident’s heavy attack can never get stuck!